Latest news: -- SNS #133 - Community Chest 3 Survival -- -- FNF #227: Cup CTF & 32in24-13 Metroid Dreadnought DM! -- -- Zandronum 1.3-alpha-140703-1806 -- -- Zandronum 1.2.2 --
Announcements go here.

Brutal Doom V018
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Brutal Doomguy
Banned
Clan:

Download here
http://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/do...version-18
This version doesn't requires skulltag_data or skulltag_actors to run.

Brutal Doom is a mod for Zandronum and GZDoom that attempts to make Doom faster paced, harder, and much, much, a thousand times gorier and more violent. It's made to work with any IWAD, and any megawad or maps that doesn't contains custom weapons or monsters.

Features:
- Tons of new Death animations for all enemies. You can cut their limbs, cut them in half with chainsaw or minigun, melt them with plasma, Everything can be gibbed, there are even Xdeath states for large enemies like Barons and Mancubus, and much more. You can also shoot their dead bodies, or severed limbs, and keep brutalizing them even after their deaths. You can also use the quick-kick ability to kick their severed heads and limbs away and play bloody soccer.

- Possibility of headshoots for most enemies. You can do extra damage shooting at their heads with small firearms like the Rifle, or completely blow-up their heads with a higher firepower weapon such a shotgun or minigun.

- Flares for decoration and projectiles. You will fell like you were playing in the Doomsday Engine.

- 3D bloodspots for OpenGL users that can paint the ground and ceiling with the blood of your enemies.

- You can RIP AND TEAR an enemy if you kill him with punches while under effect of a berserk. (Also knows as Fatalities)

- If you shot an enemy so close, blood will splash on the screen.

- You can paint the chainsaw with blood.

A new balance of weapons and gameplay
All weapons and enemies gained a new balance. There are no more weapons that gets obsolete after you find new ones like in Vanila Doom. (Fists that gets outclassed by Chainsaw, Pistol that gets outclassed by the Chaingun, or Shotgun that gets outclassed by the SSG). Also, there are no more low-threat enemies. Gameplay is much harder and faster. In a short resume: You have more powerful weapons that can kill enemies twice as fast, but enemies have more powerful attacks and can kill you twice as fast too, creating the "Brutal Gameplay".
Here you can see a detailed list of what changes in the gameplay:

Spoiler: Weapons (Open)

Bloodier and Gorier! Gibs! Gibs everywhere! You can paint the walls, floor, and ceiling with blood.

Your head asplode! Almost every enemy (exept Cacodemon, Lost Soul, Demon, and Pain Elemental) have new hitboxes for their heads. You can perform headshots to deal more damage, and cause more brutal and bloody deaths. Shoot at heads to explode them, and see brains, teeth, eyes, and blood flying all over the place.

Amazing effects! Particles, flares, and even shadows! You will fell like you were playing in the Doomsday engine.

RIP AND TEAR!. After you find a Berserk pack, killing enemies with a punch will perform 3rd person executions just like in the Doom Comics. By doing such executions, you gain bonus health as a reward.

Downloads:

-LINK REMOVED-

Optional Add-ons:

The Janitor
Makes blood and most gore pieces lasts for 25 seconds, and disappear after that. Greatly increases performance. obligatory add-on for multiplayer games.
-LINK REMOVED-

Regeneration
When you are in the "Danger" state, with health bellow 30, it makes health regenerate by 1 per second until you get with 30 health. Some people suggested me to add this as a main feature, but I preferred to make it as a separated module.
-LINK REMOVED-

Doom Metal
A compilation of many Doom and Doom 2 music remixes that really sets the tone of this mod.
-LINK REMOVED-

Pistol Replacement
For years, many people requested the pistol to be avaliable on Brutal Doom. But, in order to dont break the balance of weapons, I decided to make the pistol a separated weapon. This attachment will replace the Assault Rifle by a pistol, and will make zombies drop clips instead rifles.
-LINK REMOVED-

Real Gore
At the 0.16 development, I have planned to replace some gib sprites to be made of real pictures of actual dead people. This caused a lot of controversy, and many people stated that it is "crossing the line" even for a violence mod.
Plus some people said that the high resolution sprites of pieces of smashed brains doesn't looks good with doom's pixelated sprites. Also, I noticed that it can cause some lag if these sprites are spawned in high volumedue the resolution of the sprites. So, I decided to make it a separated module.
-LINK REMOVED-

Screen Effects and Cracks Removal
Removes all screen cracks and driping blood that usually spawns in the Marine's visor. Most people (including me) likes these effects a lot, but some people dont, and with this add-on, they can improve their personal Brutal Doom experience.
-LINK REMOVED-

Spoiler: Changelog (Open)

Spoiler: Older Changelogs (Open)

ADVICE:
Before playing, you MUST BE SURE of:

1 - Please, use Open GL mode to properly show the new special effects and taste the full Brutal Doom experience.
2 - In the Open GL settings, set your Adjust Sprite Clipping to Always (Prevents things from getting half in the ground)
3 - In your display options, make sure your deathcam is on! (So you can see the amazing new player deaths)
4 - Read the guide that comes in the readme text.

TROUBLESHOTING:

- If the 3D bloodpools aren't showing up, even if you are using Open_GL, open your console and type "gl_use_models 1"
- If the bloodpools are rendering in a weird way, in the Open GL settings, set the Smooth Sprite Edges to Off
- If your framerate is low, type "gl_use_models 0" to hide the bloodpool 3D models. This helps a lot on old computers.
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2013 12:28 AM by Sergeant_Mark_IV.)
Find all posts by this user
Sgt Dopey
Post: #2 - RE: Brutal Doom V016b - Now with Cruelty Achievements Posted: 06-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Vivos voco, mortuos plango
New User
Clan:

V16 looks pretty cool the only thing that I disliked was the new sounds for the zombies, somehow they just don't sound good to me
Sky DriveR
Post: #3 - RE: Brutal Doom V016b - Now with Cruelty Achievements Posted: 06-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Coffee.
Clan: I don't join clans >:l

>Cruelty Achievements
Ah, so that explains those console messages while playing online, Nice
Good to see this thread back!

InGame: <*>Sky<-=DriveR=-

(06-09-2012 06:02 AM)Captain Ventris Wrote:  I shorten it to Zan. This means that if I ever for some reason host a ported Zan Zan, I can call it a Zan Zan Zan server.
PaskaTykki
Post: #4 - RE: Brutal Doom V016b - Now with Cruelty Achievements Posted: 06-08-2012, 07:38 PM
Clan:

Long waited versio is out! I cant open realistic gib. I drag Brutal Doom and realgore to skulltag exe file and this error coming.

Script error, "RealGoreForBrutalDoomV1.pk3:decorate" line 1:
Replaced type 'SmallBrainPiece' not found in RealSmallBrainPiece

Did i this wrong?

I like that, if explosion splash damage dont kill. Imp and Rifle Zombie take little fly, and get up. They cant fight while. Smile But Shotgun Zombie dont have that. Maybe it add Shotgun Zombie later? Does this come to Chaingunner too?

Couple bugs. Plasma Rifle secondary shot waste magazine and collected ammo.
If Rifle have collected ammo 0 and you change weapon. Rifle magazine ammo vanish. Bit hard explain.

Edit: More bugs. Shotgun Zombie vanish when you kick or punch with berserk effect.
Some wads crash game when load game. One example PRCP level 12 and 13 mostly crash when load game. I didn't test further levels. I dont know is it Brutal Doom fault or PRCP wad fault. But those crashed didn't come Brutal doom 15 versio. Strange crash come only when load game. Here is wad: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=16429
Only way silence suffering zombie is shoot or kick head to pieces.
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2012 09:12 PM by PaskaTykki.)
Southpark2010
Post: #5 - RE: Brutal Doom V016b - Now with Cruelty Achievements Posted: 06-08-2012, 08:05 PM
GAHH! Zombies With Guns.
Clan:

(06-08-2012 07:38 PM)PaskaTykki Wrote:  Long waited versio is out! I cant open realistic gib. I drag Brutal Doom and realgore to skulltag exe file and this error coming.

Script error, "RealGoreForBrutalDoomV1.pk3:decorate" line 1:
Replaced type 'SmallBrainPiece' not found in RealSmallBrainPiece

Did i this wrong?

If you're dragging the .pk3's into the launcher, make sure you're dragging brutaldoomv016b.pk3 first.
Anyway, a bug I found is that the Imp corpse with the leg blown off now seems to gib forever when trying to destroy it, just like the Shotgunner's chainsawed corpse which luckily got fixed. Shooting it with the BFG and Plasma seems fine but using anything else doesn't seem to gib it properly. Also, the flying kick doesn't seem always happen when I'm running and jumping. The Zombieman doesn't seem to reward any cruelty bonuses. Also, the message says: "*** Cruelty Bonus Awared! 5+ Health ***". Assuming it should say "Awarded". But it's still awesome to finally play V0.16!
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2012 01:06 AM by Southpark2010.)
Dat Hellish
Post: #6 - RE: Brutal Doom V016b - Now with Cruelty Achievements Posted: 06-09-2012, 06:56 AM
Haters gonna love me
Clan:

Hello sarge i gonna be honest with you.
The fiirst thing i said when i tested it was "THIS SHIT DON'T HAVE NOTHING DIFERENT. FUCK THIS" and stoped playing.
After this, i readed the changelog, and i tryied all the new features, (Air-Kick, Cruelty Bonus, etc...) while this, i was going crazy, laughing alone by the new updates. 3 words for it: "Nice Work Sarge."

Found a few bugs:
1. (Tested with real gibs, don't know if this happens without it) Shooting Imp-without-a-leg with granade launcher, make him keep explode everytime that is hited by the explosion.
2. Kicking wounded zombieman (Rifle one) with berserk, make him drop sargent legs (SSG Point-Blank shoot for example).

Oh and this, the new updates are awesome, but, the updates for the monsters are not so visible, I mean, the behavior of the enemy was changed, but the weapons remain the same. My opinion is, a little change weapons, change the look, because as I said before, I feel like I'm playing the old version of BD. My point is, the monsters have changed, but are not as visible as weapons. (Which appear all the time.)

WAT THE FOCK:v:??!!11?1?1eLEven *Dubstep dramatization*
My secret to be badass:
Spoiler: Click here! (Open)
PaskaTykki
Post: #7 - RE: Brutal Doom V016b - Now with Cruelty Achievements Posted: 06-09-2012, 07:34 AM
Clan:

(06-08-2012 08:05 PM)Southpark2010 Wrote:  If you're dragging the .pk3's into the launcher, make sure you're dragging brutaldoomv016b.pk3 first.
How i do this? I select Brutal Doom then push ctrl select realgore and drag to launcher. How i drag Brutal doom first? with drag they go always sametime? Eek

With that crash problem, PRCP level 14 work, but level 15 have crash problem.
I give some details, but i dont know does it help.

local.txt
Spoiler (Open)
Southpark2010
Post: #8 - RE: Brutal Doom V016b - Now with Cruelty Achievements Posted: 06-09-2012, 07:43 AM
GAHH! Zombies With Guns.
Clan:

(06-09-2012 07:34 AM)PaskaTykki Wrote:  
(06-08-2012 08:05 PM)Southpark2010 Wrote:  If you're dragging the .pk3's into the launcher, make sure you're dragging brutaldoomv016b.pk3 first.
How i do this? I select Brutal Doom then push ctrl select realgore and drag to launcher. How i drag Brutal doom first? with drag they go always sametime? Eek

With that crash problem, PRCP level 14 work, but level 15 have crash problem.
I give some details, but i dont know does it help.

local.txt
Spoiler (Open)
What I meant is you select brutaldoomv016b.pk3 then the Real gore pk3 (and any optional mods) with shift key then drag brutaldoomv016b.pk3 into the launcher. Yes, they have to drag at the same time to load different mods into one game. If you drag Real gore pk3 first it will crash since it most likely inherit actors from brutaldoomv016b.pk3.
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2012 07:46 AM by Southpark2010.)
Mr. Chris
Post: #9 - RE: Brutal Doom V016b - Now with Cruelty Achievements Posted: 06-09-2012, 12:56 PM
Ask me about Oblige
Clan:

Tame version for Skulltag here: http://www.mediafire.com/?3sqhqu3irprh09x

Ideal for speedrunning and video recording stuff. Less likely to get raped by constant projectile/hitscan attacks.

Chris's awesome Youtube channel
Oblige - RMG for Doom/Heretic/Hexen - First V6 version available!
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2012 01:07 PM by Mr. Chris.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
PaskaTykki
Post: #10 - RE: Brutal Doom V016b - Now with Cruelty Achievements Posted: 06-10-2012, 01:18 AM
Clan:

Open to realgore i have do opposite way. First select realgore then press ctrl select Brutal Doom file and drag to Skulltag. Smile

Maybe i solved that crash problem. I set opengl on and game was so different. I thought opengl is default on. Redface Well let see does game crash anymore.

Juggernaut goes little wild Lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=runEjkm-N...e=youtu.be

How i use last use console command? Tired summon monster i have write it again. :p
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2012 01:41 AM by PaskaTykki.)
Coolster
Post: #11 - RE: Brutal Doom V016b - Now with Cruelty Achievements Posted: 06-10-2012, 02:56 AM
New User

I like changes to the weapon look (though i liked older BFG better than the new one) but some things just bug me, why the hell double barrel shotgun uses the AWP Firing sound from Counter-Strike, it doesn't fit at all and second thing and it is a bug (tried both skulltag and gzdoom version and it happens only in the Gzdoom one, then again i might have to upgrade my SVN version of GZDoom) the torches seem to not play entire sound file and it sounds more of a ticking rather than torch. Also i agree with some other comments the new zombies sounds are just annoying and unfitting (not to mention how bloody loud they are).
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2012 03:11 AM by Coolster.)
President People
Post: #12 - RE: Brutal Doom V016b - Now with Cruelty Achievements Posted: 06-10-2012, 06:26 AM
You are Destiny
Forum Regular
Clan:

The Brütal DooM userbar is now Zandronum-compatible (links to this forum topic)! Get yours today!

Code:
[url=http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=165][img]http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/9164/brtaldoomuserbar.png[/img][/url]

Looks like v16 finally came out while I was away. From the screenshot over at the ZDoom forums, the Hectabus Juggernaut looks pretty Brütal. Twisted

EDIT: He certainly IS Brütal. So Brütal in fact, that he can spawn infinite gib pieces by running over dead guys.
Spoiler: Lots o' gibs (Open)

/-/Spht-Translator-Active/-/

Don't mistake your rank and number
for superiority. The oldest child may
learn from the youngest.
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2012 07:34 AM by President People.)
Coolster
Post: #13 - RE: Brutal Doom V016b - Now with Cruelty Achievements Posted: 06-10-2012, 07:27 AM
New User

found another bug, on map 32 on the back of the room you usually have two hanging corpses but one of them is not visible (it bleeds and collision detection is there but no sprite can be seen)
Mr. Chris
Post: #14 - RE: Brutal Doom V016b - Now with Cruelty Achievements Posted: 06-10-2012, 08:10 AM
Ask me about Oblige
Clan:

Yea, I think I brought up the invisible corpse bug before. It's definitely one of the Doom 2 hanging bodies that is invisible.

Chris's awesome Youtube channel
Oblige - RMG for Doom/Heretic/Hexen - First V6 version available!
Dat Hellish
Post: #15 - RE: Brutal Doom V016b - Now with Cruelty Achievements Posted: 06-10-2012, 08:18 AM
Haters gonna love me
Clan:

That "b" is for beta? Right? Anyway, hope to see players in Zandronum Rave-FM servers. They're so...so...desertic...

My secret to be badass:
Southpark2010
Post: #16 - RE: Brutal Doom V016b - Now with Cruelty Achievements Posted: 06-10-2012, 11:58 PM
GAHH! Zombies With Guns.
Clan:

Had a idea: When you have a barrel, what if when you press alt-fire at an enemy like if you drop a barrel where a small enemy is standing, you'll do a different execution where you knock down the enemy with your barrel, then you pour the acid all over the enemy, letting him burn and melt.

Current Projects:
HELL Vs Marines - Thread
Edward-san
Post: #17 - RE: Brutal Doom V016b - Now with Cruelty Achievements Posted: 06-11-2012, 12:22 AM
Developer

(06-10-2012 08:18 AM)Hellish Wrote:  That "b" is for beta? Right?

no, it's the second version of v16 because v16 was bugged.
Dat Hellish
Post: #18 - RE: Brutal Doom V016b - Now with Cruelty Achievements Posted: 06-11-2012, 01:52 AM
Haters gonna love me
Clan:

Oh so...nevermind.

My secret to be badass:
<PRO> Shoggy
Post: #19 - RE: Brutal Doom V016b - Now with Cruelty Achievements Posted: 06-11-2012, 07:17 AM
giggity-giggity
Clan: The Professionals

I like this already, make a menu for a shitload of random achievements and more additions. I'll be your groupie!
PaskaTykki
Post: #20 - RE: Brutal Doom V016b - Now with Cruelty Achievements Posted: 06-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Clan:

This crash bug is very annoying. It crash certain spot when load game. Wad what i play is PRCP level 19. Here is 1 spot example where i save and load it, then it crash. Skulltag fatal error come, but fraps can only record games, so you dont see that Skulltag fatal error report. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM4WRbWQ0p4&feature=plcp If somebody can test does it crash your too. Here is PRCP wad: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=16429 Im very grateful if this can somehow fix.
Brutal Doom V018

User(s) browsing this thread: +1 Guest(s)