Welcome to Zandronum
Leading the way in newschool online Doom.
The goal of Zandronum is to continue where Skulltag left off, leaving the fluff at the core of the project behind, while continuing to provide enhanced gameplay, modding capabilities, and personal attunement for the newschool crowd. Zandronum is capable of running on all of the popular desktop operating systems, so here's why you should play it:
- Doom revitalized
- Client/Server architecture. Jump through all your favorite modes and mods instantly.
- Customizable game modes with a built-in set of gamemodes for your modding pleasure.
- 64 player support.
- Multi-platform. We offer maintained binaries for Windows, Ubuntu, Mac OS X, and generic Linux binaries. FreeBSD server builds are also available on request.
- Open Source. Doesn't run on your flavor of operating system? Then the source code is available. The source is available on Bitbucket and all new code is licensed under a modified Sleepycat license.
- Advanced renderer support. Choose between an attractive OpenGL renderer, or kick up the nostalgia with the classic 2.5D Software renderer. Both with high resolution and wide screen support.
- Continuous support for ZDoom and GZDoom modifications.
- Newschool features: Console, freelook, key-binding, jumping, skins, announcers, and bots.
- Server management with remote console (rcon), map rotations, and blacklists.