Latest news: -- SNS #141 - Back to Saturn X Episode 1 w/ Death and Decay - Two Lives -- -- Zandronum 1.3-alpha-140728-1234 -- -- Zandronum 1.3-alpha-140703-1806 -- -- Zandronum 1.2.2 --
Announcements go here.

Release Wrath of Cronos RPG 1.7A
Thetis
Post: #1 - Wrath of Cronos RPG 1.7A Posted: 10-02-2012, 10:32 AM
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

This is an RPG mod that adds RPG elements to the world of Hexen (and Doom and Heretic).

The main features of the mod includes a skill, experience, and stat system, a menu system with an appearance similar to The Ultimate Doomer's Serpent Resurrection menu system, Monsters that become slightly stronger as you level up, a new HUD, and an alchemy system (Credits to Worst).

There is also more. There are two new classes added to the mix, new monsters (select few doom and heretic monsters gain special abilities), new armor system and two new weapons for the classic classes, new particle effects, accessory system, and more. Not only that, but there is also Cooperative support so you can play alongside your friends. (Requires compat_clientssendfullbuttoninfo to be TRUE).

Spoiler: NEW CVars! READ THIS!! (Zandronum Users only) (Open)
Spoiler: Screenshots (A bit big) (Open)
Spoiler: Changelog Release 1.7A (Open)
Spoiler: Credits (Open)

Any feedback would be appreciated. (If I miss anything or anyone in the credits please let me know).

(If you want to play singleplayer, (G)ZDoom is much more stable).

Get Wrath Of Cronos 1.7A Here!

Wrath of Cronos Not Hexen Patch. (Must Load before release 1.7A if you are NOT playing on Hexen, contains sprites and sounds)

Wrath of Cronos RPG Mod Heretic Patch 1.7A (Must Load after 1.7A if you are playing on Heretic)

Wrath of Cronos RPG Mod Doom Patch 1.7A (Must Load after 1.7A if you are playing on Doom)

Wrath of Cronos RPG Mod Strife Patch 1.7A (Must Load after 1.7A if you are playing on Strife, (G)ZDoom only!)

Wrath of Cronos RPG Mod Masters of Chaos Patch V2 (Must Load after Heretic Patch if you are playing with Masters of Chaos (moc11.wad, load that first before anything if you want to play on it, (G)ZDoom only!) )

Download the Doom Monster replacements 1.7A2 here! (Load after Doom Patch.)
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2014 10:59 AM by Thetis.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Ænima
Post: #2 - RE: Wrath of Cronos RC1 Posted: 10-02-2012, 10:47 AM
INFECTED WITH BLOAX.EXE
Addicted to Zandronum
Clan:

Wow, awesome idea!

Downloading now.

Valherran
Post: #3 - RE: Wrath of Cronos RC1 Posted: 10-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Veteran Doomer since 93 Beta
Forum Regular
Clan:

Hopefuly this is more stable than KMOD, DL now! ^^
Thetis
Post: #4 - RE: Wrath of Cronos RC1 Posted: 10-02-2012, 11:55 AM
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I forgot to mention that Zandronum does not take this mod kindly in singleplayer... If you plan to play single player, I recommend (G)Zdoom.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2012 11:55 AM by Thetis.)
Valherran
Post: #5 - RE: Wrath of Cronos RC1 Posted: 10-02-2012, 06:47 PM
Forum Regular
Clan:

Well I tried this out today, and it was hard. lol

However this is kind of due to the fact the stat points being put into the strength and Intellect have no effect on the weapon's damage output. Half of the Hunter skills are not learnable even though I have the correct amount of skill points to learn it. And the skills that I do have for the Hunter don't even work at all, not even the passives.

Then I tried the Barbarian, got him all the way to the 3rd hub, and I got my Quitus. When I run out of mana with it, this badass bone sword thing appears. It attacked twice as fast as the normal sword but not as much damage, also ate green mana. Well, when you switch weapons and switch back to it, it disappears untill you run out of mana using the Quitus.

That is all for now, I think the Hunter needs major fixing.
Thetis
Post: #6 - RE: Wrath of Cronos RC1 Posted: 10-02-2012, 09:27 PM
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

The numbers in parentheses next to the spell name on the help screen is the minimum level needed to learn the spell. Also, you need to learn the previous skill first in the skill tree. Also, to confirm that this is actually a problem, what skills aren't acting right?

Strength and Intellect do increase your damage.

That bone sword for the barbarian is on slot 6. Hexen has items bound to numbers 5-0 which is why I had those weapon slot binds in the menu.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2012 09:28 PM by Thetis.)
Ænima
Post: #7 - RE: Wrath of Cronos RC1 Posted: 10-02-2012, 11:25 PM
INFECTED WITH BLOAX.EXE
Addicted to Zandronum
Clan:

(10-02-2012 10:32 AM)Thetis Wrote:  Not only that, but there is also Cooperative support so you can play alongside your friends (requires compat_clientssendfullbuttoninfo to be TRUE).
You can force this so that hosts won't have to do it manually.

Code:
script 999 OPEN
{
  delay(2);
  ConsoleCommand("compat_clientssendfullbuttoninfo 1");
}

I had to do this for Mercenaries (because the Buy Menu uses GetPlayerInput stuff while the player is frozen in place).

Llewellyn
Post: #8 - RE: Wrath of Cronos RC1 Posted: 10-03-2012, 01:09 AM
Forum Regular

(10-02-2012 11:25 PM)Ænima Wrote:  I had to do this for Mercenaries (because the Buy Menu uses GetPlayerInput stuff while the player is frozen in place).

There really needs to be an ACS function or something like a playerProperty that lets you force only a specific player to send full button info while true...
Konda
Post: #9 - RE: Wrath of Cronos RC1 Posted: 10-03-2012, 03:26 AM
Those are some strange cigars...
Forum Regular

Actually, it would be better if you did it like this:
Code:
script 999 OPEN
{
  delay(2);
  if (!GetCVar(˝compat_clientssendfullbuttoninfo˝))
}
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2012 03:27 AM by Konda.)
[AV] roman6a
Post: #10 - RE: Wrath of Cronos RC1 Posted: 10-03-2012, 03:44 AM
go and eat your chex.
Clan: All-powerfull Voices

whoah finally an semi-stable version for multiplayer? downloading nao
Ænima
Post: #11 - RE: Wrath of Cronos RC1 Posted: 10-03-2012, 03:45 AM
INFECTED WITH BLOAX.EXE
Addicted to Zandronum
Clan:

(10-03-2012 03:26 AM)Konda Wrote:  Actually, it would be better if you did it like this:
Code:
script 999 OPEN
{
  delay(2);
  if (!GetCVar(˝compat_clientssendfullbuttoninfo˝))
}

Does it matter? Either way, it ends up being on.

Torr Samaho
Post: #12 - RE: Wrath of Cronos RC1 Posted: 10-03-2012, 03:47 AM
Lead Developer
Clan:

(10-02-2012 11:55 AM)Thetis Wrote:  I forgot to mention that Zandronum does not take this mod kindly in singleplayer... If you plan to play single player, I recommend (G)Zdoom.
This works in Zandronum in multiplayer and in (G)ZDoom in single player, but it doesn't work in Zandronum in single player? What's the problem?
Valherran
Post: #13 - RE: Wrath of Cronos RC1 Posted: 10-03-2012, 05:03 AM
Forum Regular
Clan:

(10-02-2012 09:27 PM)Thetis Wrote:  The numbers in parentheses next to the spell name on the help screen is the minimum level needed to learn the spell. Also, you need to learn the previous skill first in the skill tree. Also, to confirm that this is actually a problem, what skills aren't acting right?

Strength and Intellect do increase your damage.

That bone sword for the barbarian is on slot 6. Hexen has items bound to numbers 5-0 which is why I had those weapon slot binds in the menu.

Can you show me the formula for the damage increase per point of Strength and Intellect? My Barbarian has 60 strength and it still takes me 3-4 punches to take down an Ettin.
Thetis
Post: #14 - RE: Wrath of Cronos RC1 Posted: 10-03-2012, 05:54 AM
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

(10-03-2012 03:47 AM)Torr Samaho Wrote:  
(10-02-2012 11:55 AM)Thetis Wrote:  I forgot to mention that Zandronum does not take this mod kindly in singleplayer... If you plan to play single player, I recommend (G)Zdoom.
This works in Zandronum in multiplayer and in (G)ZDoom in single player, but it doesn't work in Zandronum in single player? What's the problem?

Occasionally, when players try to load a saved game in Zandronum, it can end up being corrupted. I am not sure if this still happens or not because of the changes I make to the code but to be on the safe side I would go stick with (G)ZDoom.

Also, multiplayer on Zandronum it does not work perfectly because at random times, there would be a massive desync between the client and server. There would be actors not appearing on the client but on the server it is still there. It can be fixed by going through a portal and returning though.
Valherran
Post: #15 - RE: Wrath of Cronos RC1 Posted: 10-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Forum Regular
Clan:

Did some more playing today. Apparently what happened with what I was talking about earlier was the result of the cheats breaking the game. When I tested out the weapons and such I realized that the skills were automaticaly set to the Hunter's skills and nothing else when I gave myself all the weapons or mana.

So I restarted from scratch as the Hunter, and NOW everything was working properly (so far). However I think the skill point requirements are a little over the top, example being, spike trap, 12 points for 1 level, kind of ridiculous, especialy when you need to put points in your passive just to survive The Seven Portals.

Some of the monsters you added were just insanely powerful. Such as the Fire Ettin, holy shit is this guy OP at low level. And the bats that armored imp thing spawns, those are way OP, I was in my menu using the Alchemy mixing, and a bat flew over and ate through all of my HP in just a few seconds and killed me. One, Freakin, little, BAT. And don't get me started on the Fire Bat, that thing was also BS. Some of your enemies really need to be toned down a bit, and some enemies shouldn't spawn untill you reach a certain level. I had a Fire Ettin spawn on my Barbarian at the Winowing Hall, that was lame. >.<

Some things this MOD could really use is alt-fires on all the weapons, and a more responsive menu for the skills/stats/alchemy. That menu was kind of jittery, I had to press the same button a few times to get my command to go through, it got tedious quick. Browsing through that menu would also go faster if the Use key can select all of your choices and not have to use the fire button to open the choice section. Also the Alchemy menu could use an option to mix more than 1 potion at once so you don't have to repeat the menu sequence over and over.

Another question I have is, how do you do or what causes that random burst in weapon performance? For example, I am slashing away at an Ettin as my Hunter, and I start stabbing at the Ettin 20 times in quick succession out of nowhere.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2012 06:09 PM by Valherran.)
Thetis
Post: #16 - RE: Wrath of Cronos RC1 Posted: 10-04-2012, 09:18 AM
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

You do not need 12 skill points for just one rank on spike trap. You actually only need to be level 12 and have the previous skill (Bear Trap).

All monsters have scaling health and damage in relation to your level (or the averaged player levels). Some monsters have higher damage scaling than others (Dragon Whelps).

The hunter's machete functions almost the same way as the one in Xaser's Zen Dynamics (Combo system) except for the block and damage.
Valherran
Post: #17 - RE: Hexen: Wrath of Cronos RPG Mod RC1 Posted: 10-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Forum Regular
Clan:

If the skill requires level 12, it should say that it requires level 12 and/or skill level requirements from other skills. Currently it only says "Cost: 12".

How often do the monsters scale to the player's level? And it would be ideal to show the monster's level with a life bar show when you target them, similar to what Borderlands does with it's enemies.

I am not sure how that system works as I have not played any of Xasers MODs (that I know of).

EDIT:

Spike Trap doesn't have any indication of dealing damage to an enemy when they trigger it, but it still damages them.
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2012 01:59 AM by Valherran.)
Alpha
Post: #18 - RE: Hexen: Wrath of Cronos RPG Mod RC1 Posted: 10-07-2012, 03:19 AM
New User

I've been playing Wrath of Cronos on single player with Zandronum, and I haven't experienced any problems with saves or loads. This WAD is really cool and I enjoy the difficulty this WAD has. Keep up the good work man.
Animal Mother
Post: #19 - RE: Hexen: Wrath of Cronos RPG Mod RC1 Posted: 10-07-2012, 07:54 PM

The amount of each inventory item gets reduced by 1 from full capacity when entering a new map.

Parts of the glacial crossbow flicker when transitioning from the reloading animation to the idle frame.

The idle frame/firing animation for the blunderbuss seems incorrect, it looks like it's firing from when the hammer is in the half-cocked position (not pulled back).

Does the third hit from the spiked gauntlets not do extra damage anymore? I don't see the animation of the powerful swing.

Also, the AI is acting like they're blind. It's like I have permanent partial invisibility, they only notice me when I'm right in their face or when I use my weapon.

Suggestions:
Display XP in the fullscreen HUD.
Allow the player to scroll through the attributes in the stats menu even when he has no points to spend (to read their descriptions).
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2012 09:18 PM by Animal Mother.)
Thetis
Post: #20 - RE: Hexen: Wrath of Cronos RPG Mod RC1 Posted: 10-07-2012, 11:35 PM
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

(10-04-2012 05:34 PM)Valherran Wrote:  If the skill requires level 12, it should say that it requires level 12 and/or skill level requirements from other skills. Currently it only says "Cost: 12".
I made the tooltips state the requirements for each skill are now. If it does not say any requirements, there is no requirements.

(10-04-2012 05:34 PM)Valherran Wrote:  How often do the monsters scale to the player's level? And it would be ideal to show the monster's level with a life bar show when you target them, similar to what Borderlands does with it's enemies.
Monsters scale with each player level, as in if the average level is 4, the monsters are level 4. Fortunately, they do not get as strong as the player. I would like a monster life bar system, but unfortunately I don't know a way to create one as of yet.

(10-04-2012 05:34 PM)Valherran Wrote:  I am not sure how that system works as I have not played any of Xasers MODs (that I know of).
Well the machete was from Xaser's Zen Dynamics. You mostly have to time your 3rd attack properly to do different comboes.

(10-04-2012 05:34 PM)Valherran Wrote:  Spike Trap doesn't have any indication of dealing damage to an enemy when they trigger it, but it still damages them.
The spike trap I'll admit is a bit wonky. I'll see what I can do with it.

(10-07-2012 03:19 AM)Alpha Wrote:  I've been playing Wrath of Cronos on single player with Zandronum, and I haven't experienced any problems with saves or loads. This WAD is really cool and I enjoy the difficulty this WAD has. Keep up the good work man.
Thanks for the feedback and about the saves/loads.

(10-07-2012 07:54 PM)Animal Mother Wrote:  The amount of each inventory item gets reduced by 1 from full capacity when entering a new map.

Parts of the glacial crossbow flicker when transitioning from the reloading animation to the idle frame.

The idle frame/firing animation for the blunderbuss seems incorrect, it looks like it's firing from when the hammer is in the half-cocked position (not pulled back).
Fixed.

(10-07-2012 07:54 PM)Animal Mother Wrote:  Does the third hit from the spiked gauntlets not do extra damage anymore? I don't see the animation of the powerful swing.
There is no third hit from the spiked gauntlets though I could add it back in.

(10-07-2012 07:54 PM)Animal Mother Wrote:  Also, the AI is acting like they're blind. It's like I have permanent partial invisibility, they only notice me when I'm right in their face or when I use my weapon.
I assume that this is because of the player classes having +GHOST to avoid triggering traps from friendly players that have +THRUGHOST on them. Fortunately, Zandronum has +MTHRUSPECIES so I can use that instead of ghost manipulation.

(10-07-2012 07:54 PM)Animal Mother Wrote:  Suggestions:
Display XP in the fullscreen HUD.
Allow the player to scroll through the attributes in the stats menu even when he has no points to spend (to read their descriptions).
Done.

Hexen: Wrath of Cronos RPG Mod
Release Wrath of Cronos RPG 1.7A

User(s) browsing this thread: +1 Guest(s)