Latest news: -- FNF #229: Ragnarok DM & IGPack DM! -- -- Zandronum 1.3-alpha-140728-1234 -- -- SNS #134 - Knee Deep in ZDoom -- -- Zandronum 1.3-alpha-140703-1806 --
Announcements go here.

Work in Progress Christmas Extravaganza Map Pack 2013 New Patch!
mytis
Post: #1 - Christmas Extravaganza Map Pack 2013 New Patch! Posted: 11-26-2012, 05:34 PM
formerly known as mytis
Retired
Clan:

The
Christmas Extravaganza Map Pack '13

The Christmas Extravaganza Map Pack started in 2010 as a set of Skulltag deathmatch levels with Christmas graphics. In the years since, it has grown to include a single-player competitive campaign and its own little twists on Doom’s gameplay. Our current set of maps are for deathmatch and deathmatch-compatible gamemodes (Last Man Standing, Terminator, etc.).

The project has been carried on over the past three years by a small, ever changing team of mappers and coders who’ve built on and improved the project, starting in August to release a new update in December. We hope to return year after year to improve the pack and provide a unique, fun experience to Zandronum on Christmas!

• Made in Doom II for Zandronum
  • Requires skulltag_actors.pk3 & skulltag_data.pk3 as resources
  • Designed for: Singleplayer Campaign & Multiplayer

Spoiler: Guidelines for mappers (Open)

Spoiler: Screenshots (Open)

Spoiler: Gameplay (Open)

Spoiler: Downloads (Open)

Spoiler: CEMP Dev Team (Open)
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2013 07:24 PM by mytis.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
[TE] mifu
Post: #2 - RE: Christmas Extravaganza Map Pack 2012 Posted: 11-26-2012, 05:36 PM
Darkness and magic..
IRC Operator
Clan: The Elite

Awesome!

This should be worth playing on xmas day.

But yes the maps look great
Hypnotoad
Post: #3 - RE: Christmas Extravaganza Map Pack 2012 Posted: 11-28-2012, 06:30 AM
a.k.a Jroc a.k.a ThePlayer
Clan: all of them

This is the real Christmas map pack people, unlike those other posers. Wink

Prop Hunt
ZanRun
Rocket Launcher
Freeze Tag
Gangster
Misha
Post: #4 - RE: Christmas Extravaganza Map Pack 2012 Posted: 11-28-2012, 01:20 PM
Oh, the horror!
New User

Deck the halls with rocket launchers, fa-la-la-la-la... whatever.

People of Zandronum, prepare to have your balls rocked by this awesome map pack.

mytis
Post: #5 - RE: Christmas Extravaganza Map Pack 2012 Posted: 11-30-2012, 03:50 PM
formerly known as mytis
Retired
Clan:

Hello. The reason we decided to put this thread up before the project is released is because this is an on going project, key word 'project'. Every stage of development (done each year) is built upon the last. This year, we've correcting lots of mistakes and poor game design decisions which held back the project in the past. Among these is the jolt system, a variety of dynamic scripts which basically jolts a players screen when they're damaged, to mimic a realistic pain response, which I know personally, ended up pissing a lot of people off, which is why a patch was put out to disable it for those who wanted to do so. Part of the problem was that we didn't have enough time to properly test and tweak it so it could be an asset, not an inconvenience.

This year we recoded the jolt system to make it more flexible, and minimized its usage mainly to melee weapons to give them an advantage which does not involve damage dealt. Also, the jolt system no longer makes the game unplayable for player who don't use a mouse; the script will only jolt on the horizontal axis if this is the case, to prevent their aim from being messed up.

We have carefully tweaked what we have already in the project as well as the new content (of which there is quite a lot) to make sure that when this is released, that it is thoroughly playable and enjoyable for everyone. We've got new weaponry, such as the cryo-rail blaster and a flaming-rocket rocket launcher. Maps have also been cleaned up and improved so they play and run better. The anomaly system, for those of you who remember it, has also been given some new dimensions and I won't spoil it, but it involves a new player class which can be accessed mid game.

This is the time to express any concerns or share any ideas. We're going to put the OFFICIAL BETA OUT ON DECEMBER 8th.

Edit Wrote:Since this post hasn't been responded to, we have an update (changes travel fast within our team). To increase the flow of feed back and response from the community regarding our project, we're going to OPEN OUR TESTING TO THE PUBLIC ON DECEMBER 1st.

Also, since we'd like to have more time to implement the community made suggestions, we've decided to postpone the final release until near-Christmas. We don't have an exact date, but this will give us an extra two weeks to ensure the quality of the final release.

We have put an incredible amount of time into this project not only the past two years, but in the past few months, and especially this month, we've been working on this for hours every day. Qent and I will likely go into hibernation for the winter the day this project is released. We've put a lot of work in to this, and really want to provide as close as we can get to a perfect experience for the players of CEMP this year. Help us do that by communicating with us, and check out CEMP11 (last years version) so we can get feedback on what we did before, and what you guys would like done differently, and what you would like us to continue doing.

PS: Here's a teaser of our Cryo-Rail Blaster yielding a double-kill in the map 'Social'.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2012 04:27 PM by mytis.)
MLK Qent
Post: #6 - RE: Christmas Extravaganza Map Pack 2012 Posted: 12-02-2012, 12:36 AM
FNF Team Member
Community/Event Contributor

The public beta is out and up on Best Ever.

Resources
Maps

Ragnarok Deathmatch
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
mytis
Post: #7 - RE: Christmas Extravaganza Map Pack 2012 Posted: 12-11-2012, 08:19 PM
formerly known as mytis
Retired
Clan:

Firstly I'd like to apologize for being three days late on releasing the beta. We've been working nonstop to make sure that everything is stable and functioning. We think we've finally hit what we were trying for. We think releasing the beta late was worth the wait. Everything is working well enough, this could just have easily been a final version, and while this beta is out, we're going to continue eliminating bugs and improving the maps as seen necessary which we find along the way so the final release is perfect.

Here are some scenes from a little of our new content:
Spoiler: Screenshots from CEMP12_beta (Open)

And now, without further ado, here's CEMP12_beta1.3

Later today, December 11th, this will be hosted on '[TX] -->Grandvoid--> Christmas Extravaganza Map Pack 2012 beta',
Address: 96.126.115.61:18002
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2012 08:29 PM by mytis.)
<HVT> Lollipop
Post: #8 - RE: Christmas Extravaganza Map Pack 2012 Posted: 12-19-2012, 02:36 AM
One without a soul
Posts a lot
Clan: Honor, Valor & Tacos

AWESOME, never knew there existed a christmas wad like this one, it looks quite awesome so far, I like the railgun and the looks of the maps. But the most awesome thing is..... THE CHRISTMAS TREE ON THE FIRST SCREEN OF CEMP12_beta1.3 :D

Contact me via PM if you got any business with me.

Spoiler: Personal Projects (Open)
I also work on the untitled hunt mod, it is given to me by Bleson, feel free to ask me about it.
mytis
Post: #9 - RE: Christmas Extravaganza Map Pack 2012 Posted: 12-21-2012, 10:16 PM
formerly known as mytis
Retired
Clan:

Glad you enjoyed it, Lollipop.

We've just finished development for CEMP for this year. The first post has been updated with new screenshots, gameplay information and the download of (what we hope is) the final release (CEMP12_v1).

CEMP was voted to be today's (12/21/2012) FNF mod. It's going to be Eruo and US 4-way team deathmatch! If you've never played CEMP before, or even if you have, this is a great opportunity to see what's new for yourself.
http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1777

This being the third year that we have worked on this project (see first post), and being somewhat tired of having putting a lot of work into this for very poor community reception has some of us are considering not working on this next year, which would likely mean the end of CEMP. Show your support, talk with us and give us a hint as to what you like and what you want more of, and if there's enough interest we'll see what we can do to keep this project alive and going strong.

Merry Fragging!
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2012 10:17 PM by mytis.)
<HVT> Lollipop
Post: #10 - RE: Christmas Extravaganza Map Pack 2012 Posted: 12-22-2012, 02:30 AM
One without a soul
Posts a lot

the end of CEMP? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING? :O

I also work on the untitled hunt mod, it is given to me by Bleson, feel free to ask me about it.
mytis
Post: #11 - RE: Christmas Extravaganza Map Pack 2012 Posted: 12-22-2012, 08:44 AM
formerly known as mytis
Retired
Clan:

@ Lollipop, what you see in this thread is essentially the only feedback or response from the community which we've gotten all year. This is often the problem which we're faced with; while we enjoy working on this, the ratio of work to community feedback and gameplay feels like 10:1. We're not saying we want a parade, but some feed back and commentary from the community would make it easier for us to tailor the mod to what people like and would provide us with a reason to continue working on it.
----------------

While Euro FNF has been going on we have been fixing up a few small bugs and have prepared CEMP12_v1.2 ready for American FNF in a few hours. This we hope will be the final release for this year.

Changes:
- Bloodmoon anomaly in Cliffside Fortress repaired
- Snowman statue patch implemented into main pk3
MLK Qent
Post: #12 - RE: Christmas Extravaganza Map Pack 2012 Posted: 12-22-2012, 09:09 AM
FNF Team Member

Eh, I'd count the playtime during public betas and FNF as community response as well; and, response or not, I believe that this is an important mod for the community to have, and I'll pick it up again next year if I'm available.

Ragnarok Deathmatch
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2012 09:12 AM by Qent.)
Medicris
Post: #13 - RE: Christmas Extravaganza Map Pack 2012 Posted: 12-29-2012, 02:28 AM
Pull the pin
Forum Regular
Clan:

CRYO RAILGUN HERE I COME

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." ~Voltaire

mXhairs 2.0 | QuickSet Config for Zandronum and G/Zdoom | Q3 Arena SFX
MLK Qent
Post: #14 - RE: Christmas Extravaganza Map Pack 2013 Posted: 09-18-2013, 08:39 AM
FNF Team Member

* MASSIVE 9-MONTH BUMP ANNOUNCEMENT *

It's not even Halloween yet, but Santa has been preparing all year, and it's about time we got this ball rolling if we want to match him! That's right, the fourth release of the Christmas Extravaganza Map Pack is coming this holiday season! If you have any thoughts or suggestions, we welcome them here or in our project channel #cemp on irc.zandronum.com.

We are especially looking for dedicated mappers who have an interest in this project and would be willing to churn out a nice Deathmatch level or two before three months have elapsed (Christmas!). We have no immediate plans to branch out into Capture the Flag, Invasion, or other gamemodes, but as I said we are open to ideas.

There is also some spritework that should be done, and music will be needed for new maps.

Contact me and MytiS here on the forums or in #cemp if you are interested.

Ragnarok Deathmatch
Lord_of_D:
Post: #15 - RE: Christmas Extravaganza Map Pack 2013 Posted: 09-18-2013, 09:10 AM
Can we be friends? :3
Forum Regular
Clan:

maybe i can contribute onto something...let me think out and i'll give it a try. something i shall use as resource or idk? D:

(09-02-2013 07:07 AM)Catastrophe. Wrote:  Get rid of it, we don't need more lord of hell activists.
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2013 09:11 AM by Lord_of_D:.)
MLK Qent
Post: #16 - RE: Christmas Extravaganza Map Pack 2013 Posted: 09-18-2013, 11:52 AM
FNF Team Member

Go for it, but keep in mind that we are trying to get some high-quality Deathmatch maps, as well as improving the quality of the maps that we already have. So if you're a less experienced mapper, then don't be discouraged if your map doesn't make the final cut: there will be an opportunity to polish it up for next release. Nothing shall be wasted!

For resources, skulltag_actors/data are on the table, as well as everything already in CEMP12 (download link at the top). You can just add those to your map configuration in Doom Builder 2.

Spoiler: Secretish stuff (Open)

Ragnarok Deathmatch
CyborG
Post: #17 - RE: Christmas Extravaganza Map Pack 2013 Posted: 09-18-2013, 12:08 PM
just a player.

i LOVE Christmas mappacks! but... today is still autumn and alrady mappack done. Whatever, i like it!
MLK Qent
Post: #18 - RE: Christmas Extravaganza Map Pack 2013 Posted: 09-18-2013, 12:17 PM
FNF Team Member

You're looking at our presents from last year. There's still more to come!

Ragnarok Deathmatch
<HVT> Lollipop
Post: #19 - RE: Christmas Extravaganza Map Pack 2013 Posted: 09-18-2013, 03:56 PM
One without a soul
Posts a lot

I am at your disposal, if you got some Work you need done and you have no intend to do it because its just too shitty, then let me know about it, then I might know how to deal with it.

"high quality deamthmatch maps" <-- this is a reason why I personally have no intent to try mapping for this, take a wild guess why.

MLK Qent
Post: #20 - RE: Christmas Extravaganza Map Pack 2013 Posted: 09-19-2013, 01:27 PM
FNF Team Member

Thanks, I'm not entirely sure what you're offering, but I'll keep you in mind. Razz

Ragnarok Deathmatch
Work in Progress Christmas Extravaganza Map Pack 2013 New Patch!

User(s) browsing this thread: +1 Guest(s)