Gvh: Tons of Classes! v1b1 - Review by Catastrophe

Official ZanStuff sub-forum. Project reviews go here.

Moderator: Slyfox

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 2558
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:44 am

Gvh: Tons of Classes! v1b1 - Review by Catastrophe

#1

Post by Catastrophe » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:40 am

Image
Ghouls vs Humans: Tons of Classes! v1b1

Disclaimer: The following following is based from my observations in playing the "tons of ghouls" server in best-ever. This will cover not only the tons of classes mod, but everything else loaded in the server as well. So when I refer to this mod, I am referring to the additional wads loaded in the server as well. Please do keep in mind that I'm partially biased as I've worked on a Ghouls vs. Humans project before. Also, this mod is not final and appears to be a work in progress.

Project Background: Essentially this project adds a massive selection of classes to the cacoaward winning mod, "Ghouls vs. Humans". In total, it adds 12 new ghouls and 18 new humans. Other than new classes, it comes with some handy features like toggleable screamers. The project itself seems to have various authors, but the leader is Hekmatyar.

Initial Impression: I stumbled across this server as it was the most populated server during the night. I had played this before, but it was a terrible experience. Was I really going to enter the server and see the horror that awaited me? Hell yeah.

Let me start by saying that this server has a ton of wads, and I mean a ton. Why does the author not condense all the fixes into one wad? I don't know. 120 megabytes later, I was able to connect. As soon as I connected, I was hit by this wonderful message. This absurdly huge text on the top left corner of my screen constantly told me that screamers are off. It was getting old, fast. So I tried setting hud_scale to true/false did not make it any smaller so I was stuck with this obstructing my vision for the two hours I've played. And it is placed in such a dumb spot that it makes it harder to read text from allies. How wonderful. As soon as you enter the game you immediately notice a plethora of new classes. Some being completely pointless, like the Meepy class that shrinks down to one pixel, while others are just completely overpowered, such as a ghoul with hitscan. One thing I noticed is that the author did not correctly line-up any of the images properly in the hud, so you get things like this. The weapons don't line up with the weapon bar, and most of the classes don't have a mugshot of their face, so the classes seem to be very barebone.

Content: As far as the guns go for humans, they are either poorly animated, or realm667 rip-offs. Having realm667 weapons isn't bad as long as you atleast edit the code, but the author seems to have edited little to nothing. The classes themselves are in poor taste, the silly shit needs to go away. For instance there is a BJ Blazkowitz class but he doesn't even use his weapons from wolfenstein, instead you get a shitty recolor of a smg and a gattling gun. Another thing is this mod has too many marine-esque classes. In the original GvH each human class appeared to have something unique about them, may it be a futuristic cyborg, or a hunter from medieval times. This however, has boring and generic classes. For instance, 8 of the new classes are literally generic shotgun classes. What is the point of adding Duke nukem, Caleb, Ivy, etc if they are just going to be a clone of marine? On top of that one of these classes came with a nuclear missile launcher for some reason. And not only was it a realm667 ripoff, but it teamkilled as well. Besides the generic shotgun classes, the rest felt out of place. I know we're talking about a mod that added Santa Clause, but does someone like Laura Croft really fit into the atmosphere of Gvh?

As for ghouls, they aren't actually that bad. There was actually some pretty decent ones (like this creepy monkey). However, the author decided to add humanoid ghouls, and they really don't fit with the theme. Another thing that annoyed me was that some of the ghouls had their vision obstructed for god knows what reason. The problem is that it can be completely circumvented by deleting the texture from the wad, so it was a poor way to balance a class. As far as the attacks went, they were generic bites. The most unique class would probably be the mohoph that can transform into humans just to trick them.

I played some of the new maps and it was so-so. Anything made by hekmatyar was usually poorly detailed and relied too much on gimmicks. The new maps not made by Hekmatyar were actually decent.

Balance: Oh boy, where do I begin. The balance is awful. There was absolutely no thought put into any of of the new classes except for "lolz this funny xDDDD lelel". The ghouls are fucking broken. The humans literally get stomped every map, even with a nuclear missile launcher. During my gameplay the ghouls won 23 games in a row. And when we complained about the balance, the author suggested we should go humans to balance it out, even though there were less ghouls than humans to begin with. In some cases we even won 4 vs 8. Considering there is a class that can turn pitch black, move 10x faster than choke, and instakill, it's not very surprising. The biggest insult to GvH are the ranged ghouls. Why do these exist? Just because the choke and frostbite have ranged attacks doesn't mean a ghoul should get hitscan as a weapon. For those untrained, that weapon has a much tighter spread than the Super Shotgun, fires 6 bullets each doing either 4, 8, or 12 damage each, and each shot takes less than a second to fire. Considering it can potentially do 72 damage per blast from far away with (almost) limitless ammo, that's pretty fucking broken. Another thing is, some of the ghouls have ranged attack as a primary. WHY? The point of ranged attacks is to annoy humans, in order to follow up with their melee. This completely fucks up all sorts of balance because not only are humans unsafe in close distances, but from long as well. This also has a human that can out-damage ghouls in melee range, but this is completely overshadowed by how broken ghouls are.

The most outrageous thing is that it's been like this for six months straight and during that time-span the author didn't even lift a finger to balance shit. Instead we get new classes because they are "lelele funny xDDDD". And when you do bring this up on the server, the author simply pretends to be afk or insults your mother. Another outrageous thing is that there are several obvious bugs with the project that the author refuses to fix because he doesn't want to admit that he doesn't know how to fix them. Instead he responds by telling us that he doesn't "care" about bugs unless they are game breaking. What a great developer.

Conclusion / tl;dr: In conclusion this mod is a great example of why quality is better than quantity. And is only complimented by a stubborn dev that refuses to admit he doesn't know what he's doing. I mean honestly, if he had just seeked help instead ofplagiarizing from other projects, this would've been much better. But when confronted about this, the guy goes nuts, kills his own server, then proceeds to kill his own clan. Will we see him in another alias? I don't know, maybe. But as the dev elegantly put it himself,

<Teletha> too less oxygen
<Hekmatyar> Just leave me alone

Rating:
Fun Factor - 4 / 10 - Stale, nothing really new added to the formula.
Balance - 1 / 10 - *Rips hair out*
Creativity - 2 / 10 - What is original content?
Replay Value - 1 / 10 - Never again.
Bonus point - +1 for killing your own clan in retaliation.

3 / 10 - Congratulations, well earned!

Geeze, we don't have even one positive review in Zanstuff, I promise the next one will be less of a rant :lol:
Last edited by Catastrophe on Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Cyber'
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 252
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:14 am
Location: Colorado
Clan: The Professionals
Clan Tag: <PRO>
Contact:

RE: rdgfdgd

#2

Post by Cyber' » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:51 am

Ghouls too op yo.
Otherwise it's a pretty honest accurate review...
Last edited by Cyber' on Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Projects completed : PROCTF, Jump Maze, Tricky ST. RJX.
Progress : RJX2 - Standby... | RJX remastered : Final Detail - 100% Complete!(Wad on TSPG)
Newest Project : Jump Maze X (X2, JMX): Beta (Final phases) - All Layouts done, Finalizing scripts.

I always love these calm moments before the storm...

ARGENTVM
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:08 am

RE: Gvh: Tons of Classes! v1b1 - Review by Catastrophe

#3

Post by ARGENTVM » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:11 am

Okay, if not even nukes kill ghouls then you're already fucked.

Mapping, decorate and sprite problems could have easily been fixed by asking for help on IRC and the forums (especially since this has been in progress for six months?). Also, ALL bugs should be fixed, though it sounds more like class exploits than bugs that were the problem. It sounds like the newer classes should have been done one at a time for refinement and balance before progressing to another class.

User avatar
Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:38 pm
Location: Omnipresent

RE: Gvh: Tons of Classes! v1b1 - Review by Catastrophe

#4

Post by Ivan » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:54 am

Well written review, conveys my thoughts exactly as well. Should be burned asap.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

TankDempsey
Forum Regular
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:59 pm

RE: Gvh: Tons of Classes! v1b1 - Review by Catastrophe

#5

Post by TankDempsey » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:42 pm

Ah what a time we had together. (I was Mr. Driller in the server) Thank you for tearing this wad a new one. ((Seriously, a ghoul that is ranged and lays traps that INSTAKILL is nowhere near balanced.))
Find me online in-game as Mario

Ruin
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 385
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 8:43 pm
Location: The auto-parts store
Contact:

RE: Gvh: Tons of Classes! v1b1 - Review by Catastrophe

#6

Post by Ruin » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:30 pm

"Secondly, <PRO> is utter shit, and they're only "known" because almost all of them are also staff." - /vr/

Gardevoir
Forum Regular
Posts: 184
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:30 am
Location: Tekwall4

RE: Gvh: Tons of Classes! v1b1 - Review by Catastrophe

#7

Post by Gardevoir » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:33 pm

Oh yeah, this shit pissed me so much I even made proper credits for it, as it hardly had any while Hek kept saying that quote : "I MADE EVERYTHING MYSELF WTF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT GO FUCK YOURSELF xd" and banned me for a day afterwards. Oh well...
Never forget... 8.10.2012
(O+|+<) ~*

HI

User avatar
Erma
Forum Regular
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:39 pm

RE: Gvh: Tons of Classes! v1b1 - Review by Catastrophe

#8

Post by Erma » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:38 pm

Gardevoir wrote: Oh yeah, this shit pissed me so much I even made proper credits for it, as it hardly had any while Hek kept saying that quote : "I MADE EVERYTHING MYSELF WTF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT GO FUCK YOURSELF xd" and banned me for a day afterwards. Oh well...
As a matter of fact, Pokémon weaboo, I didn't say that I've made everything. I even listened to your advice to credit the right ppl, which you have made one giant text file for. That text got included for proper crediting. I never said that I made EVERYTHING. I've never said that if people asked whether I made all of it or not. It was even on the MotD <.< Served you right to get banned. No wonder ppl don't like you :v

Hekmatyar out!
Image

Ruin
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 385
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 8:43 pm
Location: The auto-parts store
Contact:

RE: Gvh: Tons of Classes! v1b1 - Review by Catastrophe

#9

Post by Ruin » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:39 pm

This thread has already been reported twice. With lovely comments such as "why don't you mods do your jobs". You put your project out into the open. Criticism is inevitable, such is the nature of the beast. I will not lock this thread just because the criticism is a little harsh. Stop reporting it.
Last edited by Ruin on Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Secondly, <PRO> is utter shit, and they're only "known" because almost all of them are also staff." - /vr/

User avatar
ArcheKruz
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:17 am
Location: Hong Kong

RE: Gvh: Tons of Classes! v1b1 - Review by Catastrophe

#10

Post by ArcheKruz » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:52 pm

Hekmatyar wrote:
Gardevoir wrote: Oh yeah, this shit pissed me so much I even made proper credits for it, as it hardly had any while Hek kept saying that quote : "I MADE EVERYTHING MYSELF WTF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT GO FUCK YOURSELF xd" and banned me for a day afterwards. Oh well...
As a matter of fact, Pokémon weaboo, I didn't say that I've made everything. I even listened to your advice to credit the right ppl, which you have made one giant text file for. That text got included for proper crediting. I never said that I made EVERYTHING. I've never said that if people asked whether I made all of it or not. It was even on the MotD <.< Served you right to get banned. No wonder ppl don't like you :v

Hekmatyar out!
If you can't handle coding, and are unwilling to learn, then you are in no position to be modding in the first place. What you have done is effectively sprayed a coat of ugly graffitti all over CutmanMike's hard work and then claiming it as your own.

You will not be doing yourself any favours by continuing to disrespect the wishes of the mod authors you've ripped off from, and you will not be doing yourself any favours by railing against the whistle-blowers once you're outed as a plagiarist. The best possible thing you can do right now is to apologize, toss out all of the plagiarized content from the mod, and start from scratch. Show a little respect and gratitude to the people who went out of their way to help you learn Decorate before they realized that you're a lost cause.

Seriously, I have more respect for someone who tries and makes a bad mod than someone who steals from other mods. You, you don't even try.

User avatar
The Toxic Avenger
Forum Staff
Posts: 1496
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:12 am
Location: New Jersey
Clan: ???
Clan Tag: [???]
Contact:

RE: Gvh: Tons of Classes! v1b1 - Review by Catastrophe

#11

Post by The Toxic Avenger » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:53 pm

Hekmatyar wrote:
Gardevoir wrote: Oh yeah, this shit pissed me so much I even made proper credits for it, as it hardly had any while Hek kept saying that quote : "I MADE EVERYTHING MYSELF WTF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT GO FUCK YOURSELF xd" and banned me for a day afterwards. Oh well...
As a matter of fact, Pokémon weaboo, I didn't say that I've made everything. I even listened to your advice to credit the right ppl, which you have made one giant text file for. That text got included for proper crediting. I never said that I made EVERYTHING. I've never said that if people asked whether I made all of it or not. It was even on the MotD <.< Served you right to get banned. No wonder ppl don't like you :v

Hekmatyar out!
Why don't you take a seat and calm down before I actually have to warn you?

User avatar
EnsaladaDeTomate
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:59 pm

RE: Gvh: Tons of Classes! v1b1 - Review by Catastrophe

#12

Post by EnsaladaDeTomate » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:55 pm

Hekmatyar wrote:
Gardevoir wrote: Oh yeah, this shit pissed me so much I even made proper credits for it, as it hardly had any while Hek kept saying that quote : "I MADE EVERYTHING MYSELF WTF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT GO FUCK YOURSELF xd" and banned me for a day afterwards. Oh well...
As a matter of fact, Pokémon weaboo, I didn't say that I've made everything. I even listened to your advice to credit the right ppl, which you have made one giant text file for. That text got included for proper crediting. I never said that I made EVERYTHING. I've never said that if people asked whether I made all of it or not. It was even on the MotD <.< Served you right to get banned. No wonder ppl don't like you :v

Hekmatyar out!
Okay, it is even too SISSY to pretend to be a girl even for you (who actually u arent) and mock people for not allowing you to use their stuff, and so, you didnt even listen when people said TO NOT USE THEIR STUFF, and you even say that all the job was made by yourself, not cool dude.

IMO, u just ruined Ivan Lisanti's addons.

EDIT: And so, I KNOW why people dont like YOU.
Last edited by EnsaladaDeTomate on Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Erma
Forum Regular
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:39 pm

RE: Gvh: Tons of Classes! v1b1 - Review by Catastrophe

#13

Post by Erma » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:09 am

The same old shit over and over again. You'd say that kids will learn from mistakes, but apparently, these don't :/

It's funny how people don't play GvH that often at all ever since that TOEC went down. Today I saw like, I dunno, 15 ppl only? Of which most just go to TOEC anyways. If you really wanted LoD to be played more often, then you guys should've just asked. Simple as that. But it's kinda weird how ppl swarmed my server more than LoD or NS... Even if my version was soooo bad, of which you all agreed on and followed Catastrophe like a pathetic dog; I rest my case upon the fact that ppl enjoyed TOEC more than LoD or NS. That's what I've kept hearing in my server :)

Who knows that LoD might finally get the attention these tards wanted for so long... Some ppl didn't get enough hugs in their childhood?

Good thing I'm not around anymore... "Good riddance" is something you'd say, along with that crazy weaboo shit you guys call "TLO" or whatever. Wouldn't wanna last a second with any of you guys. Seems like you guys do love to spend time with me, since you make trollposts like these anyway... Not to mention that you guys, once again, can't handle things on your own and always need your buddies' approval... But once alone... You guys are nothing, really? :o
Image

User avatar
Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:38 pm
Location: Omnipresent

RE: Gvh: Tons of Classes! v1b1 - Review by Catastrophe

#14

Post by Ivan » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:22 am

Hekmatyar wrote: The same old shit over and over again. You'd say that kids will learn from mistakes, but apparently, these don't :/

It's funny how people don't play GvH that often at all ever since that TOEC went down. Today I saw like, I dunno, 15 ppl only? Of which most just go to TOEC anyways. If you really wanted LoD to be played more often, then you guys should've just asked. Simple as that. But it's kinda weird how ppl swarmed my server more than LoD or NS... Even if my version was soooo bad, of which you all agreed on and followed Catastrophe like a pathetic dog; I rest my case upon the fact that ppl enjoyed TOEC more than LoD or NS. That's what I've kept hearing in my server :)

Who knows that LoD might finally get the attention these tards wanted for so long... Some ppl didn't get enough hugs in their childhood?

Good thing I'm not around anymore... "Good riddance" is something you'd say, along with that crazy weaboo shit you guys call "TLO" or whatever. Wouldn't wanna last a second with any of you guys. Seems like you guys do love to spend time with me, since you make trollposts like these anyway... Not to mention that you guys, once again, can't handle things on your own and always need your buddies' approval... But once alone... You guys are nothing, really? :o
Oh they'll get bored of it eventually, nobody likes half assed unbalanced crap. And don't you dare compare your useless Copy&Paste work to LoD, it's made with our actual effort and time. That's just insulting.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

User avatar
ArcheKruz
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:17 am
Location: Hong Kong

RE: Gvh: Tons of Classes! v1b1 - Review by Catastrophe

#15

Post by ArcheKruz » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:22 am

Hekmatyar wrote: U mad, U jelly!
This is what you have been reduced to. Maybe you need to take a step back and get enough perspective to realize that you're flinging shit over which mod for a mod for a source port for a 20 year old game is superior, a fight so inane and devoid of intellectual merit that only you here lack the self-respect needed not to participate.

Ijon Tichy
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Posts: 901
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:07 am

RE: Gvh: Tons of Classes! v1b1 - Review by Catastrophe

#16

Post by Ijon Tichy » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:31 am

Hekmatyar wrote: The same old shit over and over again. You'd say that kids will learn from mistakes, but apparently, these don't :/

It's funny how people don't play GvH that often at all ever since that TOEC went down. Today I saw like, I dunno, 15 ppl only? Of which most just go to TOEC anyways. If you really wanted LoD to be played more often, then you guys should've just asked. Simple as that. But it's kinda weird how ppl swarmed my server more than LoD or NS... Even if my version was soooo bad, of which you all agreed on and followed Catastrophe like a pathetic dog; I rest my case upon the fact that ppl enjoyed TOEC more than LoD or NS. That's what I've kept hearing in my server :)
tl;dr people play my mod so it must be good!
Hey guess what, people are playing 'your' shit because it's new, not because it's actually any good. Everything can thrive for a while on sheer novelty. You know how quickly pop stars fade away? Same concept. You'll have this moment of drama and popularity, and then fade away.

By the way? Don't go directly against the words of someone who was willing to show you the ropes and teach you a thing or two and direct lifting their code, especially when you go to them first. And if you do, don't throw a bitchfit when it inevitably doesn't go over well.

Gardevoir
Forum Regular
Posts: 184
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:30 am
Location: Tekwall4

RE: Gvh: Tons of Classes! v1b1 - Review by Catastrophe

#17

Post by Gardevoir » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:35 am

Says that one neckbeard that can't learn that stealing is bad. Why people play your stuff? Because it is GvH. Why people play AOW? Because it is AOW. Why people play JumpMaze? Because it is JumpMaze. If you think that you made an epic 'mod' *cough* just because it is played more often than the other version of GvH, then you're wrong. People just come there because the name of the server says GvH. They don't look at what else that stuff is. It is GvH and the server is populated. Half of the players just come there to abuse things like exploding half of their own teammates with a nuke because Zandronum has a cheap bug that's hopefully getting fixed soon. Is it better than LoD? Who knows, LoD is almost as bad as your R667 copypastes are IMO (sorry Ivan :( ) but I was coming to your server only because it was populated. Finding out you simply stolen or just copied all the content was revealed just as included Samus to the pack, and I really cannot stand when someone steals a work of my friend. Get the tip, stop insulting everyone for just commenting this as facts are facts. You sir are a loser. Posting in this thread only makes more people laugh at you and that abomination you call your 'mod', though any other person made more for it than you ever did. We hope to never see you again too. HI.
Last edited by Gardevoir on Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never forget... 8.10.2012
(O+|+<) ~*

HI

User avatar
Cyber'
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 252
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:14 am
Location: Colorado
Clan: The Professionals
Clan Tag: <PRO>
Contact:

RE: Gvh: Tons of Classes! v1b1 - Review by Catastrophe

#18

Post by Cyber' » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:51 am

Ivan wrote:
Oh they'll get bored of it eventually, nobody likes half assed unbalanced crap. And don't you dare compare your useless Copy&Paste work to LoD, it's made with our actual effort and time. That's just insulting.
But you don't understand, OP classes are always fun, it's even more funner when the other team simply gives up after the 5th game and you sweep the next 19!

Although I do agree that it is very insulting to modders who actually care.

Hekmatyar wrote: Good thing I'm not around anymore...
So far you've decided to be nothing but a smack talker to everyone and just name call. You've done nothing to defend anything in regards to the review of your thread, and apparently many here agree. Popularity of a wad does not mean your project is deserving of a 10/10, so don't treat it as if it is. My own Jumpmaze was reviewed and given a well deserved score because of the work put into it, INCLUDING critique from many people which I took into account. It's lasted for 6 years now.

If you can't listen to what the modders here have to say in regards to the critique towards your project, then I suggest that you eat your words and disappear from the scene until you make something that's actually decent. Call me a troll anyday, but the truth is your mod acts as a mere gimmick wad that will only last because of the unbalanced classes. However you were confronted with the problems and bugs, and you refuse to acknowledge them, even one being a server crashing bug that you will not bother fixing.

...Actually don't bother disappearing, we'll know what alt account you change into the moment you start posting again.


EDIT: I just read this:

""Not to mention that you guys, once again, can't handle things on your own and always need your buddies' approval... But once alone... You guys are nothing, really?""

Just FYI - I've been gone from doom for months due to work and real life. If I'm taking the time to agree with them on your project, then something's wrong. The fact is that these "troll posts" have nothing to do with the sheer fact that this project is not worthy of a 10/10, and a 3/10 is a mercy score in all honesty.

Here's a tip. Grow up, accept the truth, and learn from it, because at this point your reputation within the community is already unstable, and personally, I think you're the real child here. It's not "because cata rated it bad so it's bad", it's because it's unbalanced, glitchy, and unstable, and that is why it was rated so low.


By all means I don't mind the imbalance. Like I said, I enjoy watching the server get killed because of doing nothing but winning...
Last edited by Cyber' on Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Projects completed : PROCTF, Jump Maze, Tricky ST. RJX.
Progress : RJX2 - Standby... | RJX remastered : Final Detail - 100% Complete!(Wad on TSPG)
Newest Project : Jump Maze X (X2, JMX): Beta (Final phases) - All Layouts done, Finalizing scripts.

I always love these calm moments before the storm...

User avatar
Popsoap
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:38 pm
Location: Inside a wall

RE: Gvh: Tons of Classes! v1b1 - Review by Catastrophe

#19

Post by Popsoap » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:13 am

Catastrophe wrote:And is only complimented by a stubborn dev that refuses to admit he doesn't know what he's doing. I mean honestly, if he had just seeked help instead ofplagiarizing from other projects, this would've been much better. But when confronted about this, the guy goes nuts, kills his own server, then proceeds to kill his own clan. Will we see him in another alias? I don't know, maybe.
Hekmatyar wrote:*Shit*
Hekmatyar wrote:*More shit*
And here you are, foolishly behaving exactly how BlueWiz described you. If you want any hope of someone listening to you, you'd best not act this way.
Hekmatyar wrote:Well, guess what; For me it IS difficult. I'm not like you, and probably never will be. I'm too fucking retarded for this kind of shit. I know how to do it according to what you've taught me, with the exact same entries that you've given me to put in the decorate file; You haven't taught me how to do it differently from how you'd do it, because you taught me how to do it your way, because you told me to. So in all of that, the conclusion is simple; I can't do it, and that's that. End of the line...
This does not excuse you from anything. Do you honestly think that everyone else knew exactly what to do when they first started modding? Do you think that you are the ONLY person who had trouble understanding the stuff at first?

Guess what, everyone started off inexperienced. But they endured the frustration of learning how to code and got enough experience to find this stuff easy. This is NO different for you, stop trying to convince yourself and everyone else otherwise.
Last edited by Popsoap on Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ru5tK1ng
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Posts: 781
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:04 pm

RE: Gvh: Tons of Classes! v1b1 - Review by Catastrophe

#20

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:34 am

Well that's pretty shameful to blatantly plagiarize others and try to breeze through with their hard work.

Still waiting for, "JK GUYS I ONLY PRETENDED TO TAKE THE CREDIT!!".
Last edited by Ru5tK1ng on Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Projects

EonDM - With Hatred as my sidekick.
RageCTF - Made 1 map and did much more.
DBAB LMS - Pack made for Last Man Standing.
EonWeapons - Improve vanilla weapons and add stuff for kicks.
Progressive Duel - Leaving the old behind.
IDL201X CTF - Maintaining since 2013.
Strife AA - Helped tested + 1 map

Post Reply