[spoiler=screenshots](ArkDoom sold seperately)
SUPER EARLY ALPHA footage:
Imagine a way to quickly play a sound that all your teammates would hear. Imagine them being able to quickly pinpoint you with a HUD icon. Like in such games as CounterStrike or Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory.
Easy to use!
All it takes is binding one button to open/close the menu! Navigating the menu is done with WASD (for now, until I create alternate layouts), and Use selects a choice.
... with almost any other mod you want to run.
Use any existing Squad Radio sound pack or CREATE YOUR OWN in just minutes using the provided template!
Core PK3 v0.2 (required)
Custom soundpack template
Available sound packs:
- Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (Allies)
To load the mod, load the core PK3 first and then your preferred soundpack after it. Only one sound pack at a time.
To do list:
- better looking GUI, maybe a radio scanner themed menu
- maybe more choices or an additional menu level (which would increase the max choices from 16 to 64, but i'm debating if this is worth it or necessary), or a center option on the "compass" creating the possibility for 5 categories and 25 total choices
- macros to play a particular radio clip with just one button. might lead to spam but we'll see.
- possible customizable layout, if you don't like the compass-point setup then maybe you'd prefer the option of a numbered list or maybe mouse input if i figure out a way to un-invert it for Y-invert players like me
- Menu sounds are less ear-rape.
- Added team compatibility! Now only members of your team will hear and see you when you use the radio.
- Better-interpolated movement of the speaker HUD icon.
- Replaced all ACS instances of PlayerCount() with more specific code.
- Fixed that pesky runaway script error.