Spoiler: screenshots (Open)
Imagine a way to quickly play a sound that all your teammates would hear. Imagine them being able to quickly pinpoint you with a HUD icon. Like in such games as CounterStrike or Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory.
Easy to use!
All it takes is binding one button to open/close the menu! Navigating the menu is done with WASD (for now, until I create alternate layouts), and Use selects a choice.
... with almost any other mod you want to run.
Use any existing Squad Radio sound pack or CREATE YOUR OWN in just minutes using the provided template!
Spoiler: [size=140 (Open)
Core PK3 v0.2 (required)
Custom soundpack template
Available sound packs:
- Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (Allies)
To load the mod, load the core PK3 first and then your preferred soundpack after it. Only one sound pack at a time.
To do list:
- better looking GUI, maybe a radio scanner themed menu
- maybe more choices or an additional menu level (which would increase the max choices from 16 to 64, but i'm debating if this is worth it or necessary), or a center option on the "compass" creating the possibility for 5 categories and 25 total choices
- macros to play a particular radio clip with just one button. might lead to spam but we'll see.
- possible customizable layout, if you don't like the compass-point setup then maybe you'd prefer the option of a numbered list or maybe mouse input if i figure out a way to un-invert it for Y-invert players like me
- Menu sounds are less ear-rape.
- Added team compatibility! Now only members of your team will hear and see you when you use the radio.
- Better-interpolated movement of the speaker HUD icon.
- Replaced all ACS instances of PlayerCount() with more specific code.
- Fixed that pesky runaway script error.