The monsters currently included are those from Doom, Hexen, Heretic, Chex Quest, Wolfenstein 3D, Duke Nukem 3D, and Marathon with Quake monsters coming eventually.
Fair warning: Invasion is currently unstable, it's possible to play through most maps without issue, but sometimes a monster won't spawn properly and will cause the game to pretty much grind to a halt, the reason for this is unknown at the moment. If you play this with Invasion, avoid the 3 maps listed in "Known Bugs/Issues" as they will break no matter what. Coop is much more playable though!
Load it after Samsara (Made for 0.31 beta)
Spoiler: Monster Set Info (Open)To be updated later.
Note: Emulating the original behavior of the Marathon set consumes a lot of bandwidth online at the moment and are disabled by default. They should not be enabled in a server using a monster heavy level set. I plan on adding optional simplified versions of this set in a later version.
Spoiler: Screenshots (Open)
Spoiler: Known Bugs/Issues (Open)MAP05, MAP10, and MAP12 from Armageddon break because ??? .
Marathon Cyborg grenades aren't bouncy enough.
Spoiler: Changelog (Open)From 0.17b to 0.18
- The script for mm_randomcycle would sometimes outrun the spawners on monster heavy maps, it has been reworked so the spawners stand by until randomcycle is finished setting up.
- Changed the sprite name for the Super Cycloptis as it caused a conflict with Naraka.
- Fixed a loophole where BJ could kill Marathon monsters that were invulnerable to fire with his flamethrower.
- Fixed a problem with Doom monsters that wouldn't trigger A_BossDeath in single player while bloodyhell was enabled
- Bloodyhell support added for the Wolf3D, Duke3D, and Marathon sets. (Modes -1 through 2 only)
- Throwback monsters for a few sets. Includes a yellow armored flemoid for Chex, the High Guard from Rise of the Triad, and the Mage from Catacomb 3-D
- Rare monster spawns for the Marathon set.
- Invisible monsters mode.
- Added mm_nobats for the Wolf3D set for those who don't like the gun bats.
- Added more brightmaps.
- Reworked the Marathon difficulty system to be token based instead of multiple ACS calls so this will hopefully use less bandwidth
- Added +QUICKTORETALIATE to the Marathon set to improve monster accuracy.
- Lowered the movement speed on the Mini-Battlelord so it's less jittery.
- Major Juggernauts now fire missiles 2 times per attack state to match Marathon.
- Cyborgs from Marathon can now be stunned by sustained fire.
- The M2 Enforcer now replaces the Arachnotron instead of the Cyborg.
- Hunters now go boom on XDeath, dealing 61-90 damage.
- Juggernauts from Marathon cause a blinding flash after they explode.
- Wolfenstein SS now drops a weapon when killed. (Slot 2 for BJ, slot 4 for the rest)
- The big Maximus that replaces the Arch Vile in the Chex set has been nerfed quite a bit.
- Korax has been returned to his original health of 5,000
- Added two new puffs for the High Guard and M1 Juggernaut.
- All CVARs now use the prefix mm_ instead of smm_
- Removed the Centaur Leader from the Spectre slot in favor of a normal Centaur.
From 0.17 to 0.17b
- Fixed an incorrect sprite name on The Axe causing him to disappear for a moment during his death state.
- Drops done with mm_pinataparty would respawn if sv_itemrespawn was enabled, a change in method fixes this.
- Runes by default have +NOGRAVITY and because of that would fly to the top of maps and never come back when spawned by DefaultPinataPop. The random spawner now has versions without that flag.
- D'Sparil spawning in monsters was causing problems in Invasion mode, the spawning method has been changed to A_SpawnItemEx.
- DukeJibs4 had a wrong sprite name in the Death2 state, renamed to fix.
- Marathon Juggernauts could get stuck on other actors during its death state, so it wouldn't be able to die. Added THRUACTORS in the Death state to fix this.
- Finally remembered to fix a long existing issue involving some of the SoD Mission 2 bosses using incorrect projectile sprites.
- CVar info string.
- Chex Quest support.
- Made the Protector Drone not play its active sound so often.
- The Battlelord, Cycloid Emperor, and Overlord now have a footstep sound.
- Explosives should now always send a Marathon monster into it's XDeath state.
- Changed some obituaries that were bothering me.
Spoiler: Credits (Open)Minesae Hiromu = Former coder for this add-on.
CVar based spawning code was done by "S". (Link to his version of SMM for ZDoom.)
PresidentPeople - For custom Duke gibs, custom sprites to give some Marathon monsters special Duke XDeath states, providing info for the Marathon set, helping code for said set, and some bloodyhell states.
TerminusEst13 - For help with some coding and creating Samsara.
Ijon Tichy - For some help with ACS.
Wolfenstein 3D, Spear of Destiny & Doom sprites/sounds are property of id Software.
Duke Nukem 3D sprites/sounds are property of 3D Realms.
Hexen & Heretic sprites/sounds are property of Raven Software.
Chex Quest sprites/sounds are property of Digital Cafe.
Marathon sprites/sounds are property of Bungie.
Special thanks goes towards the awesome people in #samsara, #viciousc, and the random people who joined my testing servers to hunt down the bug preventing spawns in Invasion.
Spoiler: CVars and other notes (Open)[set] = doom/heretic/hexen/chex/wolf3d/duke3d/marathon
mm_[set] 0/1: Enable or disable any monster set from being picked. Disable all of them to see something interesting.
mm_wolfmode [0-2]: sets which skin to spawn for the Wolf3D set. 0 uses anything from Spear of Destiny Mission one, 1 uses SoD mission two/three skins, and 2 randomly spawns either.
mm_fakehitlerfire 0/1: Toggles the speed of the fake hitler fireballs. 0 is slow and 1 is fast. Fast mode is recommended for large maps.
mm_wolffastdeath 0/1: If set to 1, makes certain Wolf3D bosses instantly fall over upon death, otherwise plays the original animation.
mm_randomcycle [0-3]: When set to 1 or higher, randomly picks a set or sets for the next map or wave. (Requires map to be restarted once or twice) Do not touch the mm_[set] commands while this is enabled.
mm_skilloverride [0-5]: Overrides the skill check for the Marathon set. Setting it to 5 disables this. e.g. setting this to 4 while playing on skill 1 would spawn Nightmare level monsters on Hey Not Too Rough difficulty
mm_ban[set] 0/1: Bans a set from being chosen when mm_randomcycle is active.
mm_multiply [0-12]: When enabled, makes monsters and ammo multiply based on the value. In invasion mode, it only works on ammo.
mm_pinataparty 0/1: When enabled, makes monsters that are killed drop 5 randomized items, 10 for bosses. Includes anything from ammo, weapons, health, armor, powerups, runes, and an ally spawning beacon.
mm_newchex 0/1: If set to 1 in Doom, makes the spawners use the Samsara version of Snotfolus rather than the old one. In Chex Quest, it chooses between the old chex3.wad versions or the updated Samsara versions.
mm_fullradiusdmg 0/1: If set to 0, disables the full radius damage dealt by the Marathon set explosions.
mm_rarespawns 0/1: If set to 0, disables the chance for rare Marathon monsters to spawn.
mm_invisiblemode 0/1: If set 1, makes all monsters completely invisible except when attacking, in pain, or dead.
mm_nobats 0/1: If set to 1, removes the gun bats from Wolf3D and replaces them with spectres from Spear of Destiny
mm_specpermdeath 0/1: If set to 1, makes the SoD Spectres die permanently instead of going dormant.
This addon changes the behavior of the Duke gibs in Samsara. Instead of landing on the ground and sitting around for awhile, they will disappear in a little blood splash instead. This simulates the behavior in Duke Nukem 3D, however enabling samsara_cl_bloodypersistent will make them stick around.
Chex gibs have been changed a bit too, they'll just disappear entirely when hitting the ground. This was because killing large amounts of Chex enemies would usually end up with a reduced framerate.
The alien weapon from Marathon 2 has been given a damage type so that you can still kill the Marathon monsters that are immune to fire.