We have rebranded the Tendency series! Now covering multiple gamemodes, but still focused on CTF. In order to make things more organised on our end, we've decided to unify all present and future Tendency events into a single thread.
ZCA Tendency #8: Skullbag (NA)
ZCA Tendency #7: Deathball (NA)
ZCA Tendency #6: CTF (EU)
ZCA Tendency #5: CTF (NA)
ZCA Tendency #4: Deathball (EU)
ZCA Tendency #3: CTF (NA)
ZCA Tendency #2: TDM (NA)
ZCA Tendency #1: CTF (NA)
Spoiler: Tendency Series Ruleset v1.11 (February 8th, 2020) (Open)I - Team structure
1. The team structure format depends on the gamemode:
1.1. Pre-assembled teams (2v2):
1.1.1. Players have the option to either sign up a full team of 2 players, or to sign up as a free agent;
1.1.2. At the day of the event, all free agents are grouped together to form teams by ZCA staff, following seeding conventions (e.g. highest-seeded FA pairs up with lowest-seeded FA).
1.2 Auction draft (3v3):
1.2.1. All participating players are signed up as free agents, and are given the option to volunteer as captains;
1.2.2. Team rosters will be assembled by way of an auction draft. Captains will be hand-picked based on skill level, reliability and willingness to take on such a role;
1.2.3. At the day of the event, captains will be given a fictional budget of $20, which will be spent bidding on free agents to be drafted to their teams;
1.2.4. Each drafted player must be acquired by a minimum of $1 and a maximum of $19.
2. Each team is comprised of an assigned captain and one or two other players (depending on the gamemode);
3. Teams must be named in accordance to general decency rules (aka common sense);
4. Trading between teams is not allowed;
5. In the event that a team is down by one member in-between matches, they are allowed to trade in somebody who wasn't drafted that is of roughly the same skill level as the missing member, as per consensus of the Tendency captains. The skill level priority is as follows:
5.1. Same skill level;
5.2. Higher skill level;
5.3. Lower skill level;
6. Free agents may be used for the purpose of these emergency trades, but players from outside the tournament may also be traded in if they are willing to participate. Free agents and outside players are seen as similarly-privileged entities, and are subjected to the same priority as seen in rule #5.
II - Game structure
1. Games will be played on the [NY] Zandronum Competition Alliance servers by default, on Zandronum 3.0. Teams may agree to play in other servers, as long as they meet the tournament standards;
2. The tournament settings are as follows:
2.1. Duel settings:
- WAD: duel2020zb.wad
- Fraglimit of 50;
- Timelimit of 8.
2.2. TDM settings:
- WAD: tdmax_b4.wad
- 2 vs. 2;
- Fraglimit of 75;
- Timelimit of 10.
2.3. CTF & Deathball settings:
- WAD: xctf2019v6.pk3 & dml dml-summer2019-addon-v3.3.pk3 for CTF, deathballv18-rc4.pk3 for DeathBall
- 3 vs. 3;
- Pointlimit of 5;
- Timelimit of 10;
- Sudden death OFF.
2.4. TLMS settings:
- 3 vs. 3;
- Winlimit of 5;
- Timelimit of 2 minutes per round;
- Sudden death ON: players start losing health over time;
- No BFG;
- Health/armor stack is 200/200;
- Ammo inventory is 200 bullets, 40 shells, 20 rockets and 100 cells.
3. All matches are played on three different maps selected by the two teams facing each other in each game. The map pool is comprised of 5 maps (that are disclosed as sign-ups open), and the map selection for each round is done in this order:
- a coinflip determines a winner and a loser;
- the coinflip winner chooses whether they want to ban first or let the opposing team ban first;
- one team bans the first map, the other team bans the second map;
- the team that banned first picks the round 1 map, the team that banned second picks the round 2 map;
- the last remaining map becomes the round 3 map;
4. in the event that the overall match ends in a tie, the winner is decided by the flag spread, otherwise an extra sudden-death round will be played where the first team to score wins;
5. Matches continue regardless of what predicaments any player may face. The players themselves are responsible for issues such as connection problems, not the administration;
6. Barring extreme circumstances, any breaks in-between rounds cannot exceed 60 seconds, after which either team is allowed to start the next round with no repercussions;
7. In the event that a server crashes or severely lags in the middle of a match, it must be restarted at the same time frame and team scores as they were before the server crash took place.
III - Tournament structure
1. The tournament structure depends on how many teams are formed:
- round-robin for 4 or less teams;
- double-elimination for 5 or more teams;
2. Round-robin structure:
2.1. Each team plays all of the other teams, in an order that will be determined once the tournament begins;
2.2. The top 3 teams with the best win/loss record move on to the playoffs, with #1 playing the winner of #2 vs #3. For 3-team tourneys, it's top 2;
2.3. Tiebreaking criteria between two or more teams are as follows. Only one team advances to the next stage per tie-breaking step:
2.3.1. head-to-head (highest priority);
2.3.2. strength of victory;
2.3.3. best round win percentage;
2.3.4. best flag for/flag against ratio;
2.3.5. coin toss/dice roll (lowest priority).
3. Double-elimination structure:
3.1. All teams are seeded randomly. Standard double-elimination settings apply;
3.2. There is no bracket reset in grand finals. Only one set is played between the two finalists.
IV - Player duties
1.1. Every player who participates in any match must record and upload a demo or livestream from said match if requested by the administration;
1.2. If players fail to comply with their demo/livestream uploads if demanded, their team forfeits all games where said player participated in.
2. Captains are urged to make themselves available an hour before the event begins (7:00 PM EST) in order to do the auction draft;
3. Players who sign-up must attend to the event at the specified time (8:00 PM EST). Offenders will be barred from Tendency for one tournament, with increasing punishments for repeat offenders.
V - Rules of conduct
1. Be respectful to other players, especially when they are practising or playing their matches;
2. Show commitment to your matches. This goes double for captains;
3. Cheating is strictly prohibited. Cheating is not limited to, but is characterised by: utilising wallhacks, aimbots, ping manipulators (lag switches) and getting metagame intel from a third party (ghosting). Offenders will be banned for all foreseeable Tendency events.
4. Players who receive bans from the ZCA server cluster (e.g. in private CTF, public CTF) for any reason will not be allowed to play until their bans expire;
5. That's about it. Be nice to your fellow competitors and give this tournament the respect it deserves and everything will be a-ok!!!