Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.7h

General discussion of the port and Doom-related chat.
Post Reply
User avatar
fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Posts: 984
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:04 pm
Location: France

RE: Complex Doom Invasion

#101

Post by fr blood » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:51 am

A lot of people ask for it some I'm going to make corpses dissapear faster in the next version.
There were no lag in my side, this is why I wasn't really concerned about that.

liquilite
New User
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:42 pm

RE: Complex Doom Invasion

#102

Post by liquilite » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:51 pm

Hi, Blood. I've been playing Doom for 20 years now, but I'm new to Zandronum and Complex Doom Invasion. I am having some trouble I was hoping you could help me with and I've made an honest effort to find the answer on these forums as well as in the Zandronum IRC channel.

When I create a Complex Doom Invasion server, it seems like no matter what I do; players always start the game with 1 life. I have set sv_maxlives to different values, and changed the map to reset the game and still, only 1 life. I've also tried setting the Max Lives variable in the Zandronum UI when creating the server, but got the same result; players start with only 1 life. Is there a way to change this? Thank you in advance, and thank you for all your work on this project!

User avatar
fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Posts: 984
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:04 pm
Location: France

RE: Complex Doom Invasion

#103

Post by fr blood » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:05 pm

liquilite wrote: Hi, Blood. I've been playing Doom for 20 years now, but I'm new to Zandronum and Complex Doom Invasion. I am having some trouble I was hoping you could help me with and I've made an honest effort to find the answer on these forums as well as in the Zandronum IRC channel.

When I create a Complex Doom Invasion server, it seems like no matter what I do; players always start the game with 1 life. I have set sv_maxlives to different values, and changed the map to reset the game and still, only 1 life. I've also tried setting the Max Lives variable in the Zandronum UI when creating the server, but got the same result; players start with only 1 life. Is there a way to change this? Thank you in advance, and thank you for all your work on this project!
Sorry this is my fault, because I didn't update the topic properly about the custom cvars. Here is what you need to change "cdm_startlives" the default value is 1 and the maximum value is 10. Again sorry for that.

If you have any question about this mode ask it on this topic please.

liquilite
New User
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:42 pm

RE: Complex Doom Invasion

#104

Post by liquilite » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:30 pm

fr blood wrote: ... Here is what you need to change "cdm_startlives" the default value is 1 and the maximum value is 10. ...
Thank you! I set cdm_startlives and it worked perfectly!

theundeadsoldierx9

RE: Complex Doom Invasion

#105

Post by theundeadsoldierx9 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:51 pm

Very nice job i like this mod :D

M0rbid Desire
New User
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:14 pm
Location: Paraguay

RE: Complex Doom Invasion

#106

Post by M0rbid Desire » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:25 pm

What is the name of the song used in CDM12 - Hell? Seems related to Killing Floor game.

User avatar
arkore
Forum Regular
Posts: 177
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:01 pm

RE: Complex Doom Invasion

#107

Post by arkore » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:02 pm

Hello,
I'm responsible for CDM12 and it's music.

I composed/mixed the music from 2 songs of the Unreal Tournament 2003 soundtrack here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg2QJP388pM

Song 1 (CDM12 mix Part 2): https://youtu.be/Sg2QJP388pM?t=2585 - "Level 06"
Song 2 (CDM12 mix Part 1): https://youtu.be/Sg2QJP388pM?t=5184 - "Merc's Entrance"
Creator of Zone-F, Rocket Arena, Jail Break, Hellway Invasion, Hellstop, Bosses from Hell, Chillax II, and ArkDoom.

M0rbid Desire
New User
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:14 pm
Location: Paraguay

RE: Complex Doom Invasion

#108

Post by M0rbid Desire » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:08 pm

arkore wrote: Hello,
I'm responsible for CDM12 and it's music.

I composed/mixed the music from 2 songs of the Unreal Tournament 2003 soundtrack here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg2QJP388pM

Song 1 (CDM12 mix Part 2): https://youtu.be/Sg2QJP388pM?t=2585 - "Level 06"
Song 2 (CDM12 mix Part 1): https://youtu.be/Sg2QJP388pM?t=5184 - "Merc's Entrance"
Excellent, thanks.

SmashingYourFace
New User
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:36 pm

RE: Complex Doom Invasion

#109

Post by SmashingYourFace » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:38 pm

Hello! Would anyone know why when I host a server, the Utility Gun and Open Desk's menus can't be navigated? It was like this on another Complex Invasion server. Besides this issue my server is fine.

User avatar
fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Posts: 984
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:04 pm
Location: France

RE: Complex Doom Invasion

#110

Post by fr blood » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:17 pm

SmashingYourFace wrote: Hello! Would anyone know why when I host a server, the Utility Gun and Open Desk's menus can't be navigated? It was like this on another Complex Invasion server. Besides this issue my server is fine.
"sv_clientssendfullbuttoninfo" is the solution to your problem.

Untitled
Forum Regular
Posts: 519
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:41 pm
Location: it is a mystery

RE: Complex Doom Invasion

#111

Post by Untitled » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:31 pm

Ok, so the Azazel Boss (I forget which map it appears in) is ridiculously overpowered:
-I went 500/200 to 0/0 in a single second; his attacks pretty much kill you instantly if you so much as misstep.
-His lightning can be nigh impossible to predict and makes the boss have a bit more RNG than is reasonable for a boss this hard.
-Some of his attacks are nearly impossible to dodge if you are caught in the open.
-He teleports way too much, and moves way too fast.
-He attacks pretty much the instant you look at him, which, combined with the previous points, makes the fight take way too long.
-None of this is helped by the fact that you have to fight the legendary sentient right before this guy. I think that Leg Sentient should be it's own boss, one one map, while Azazel reigns alone on another. Both in succession takes way too long, to a kind of ridiculous extent.

Picture it this way: I've never seen him beaten in less than 20 minutes, and even that's lucky - usually everyone dies.

The only thing I really like about the boss is the music.
Last edited by Untitled on Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm in despair! The fact someone would give me the title 'Forum Regular' has left me in despair!"
Spoiler: Me in a nutshell (Open)
<Untitled> this is a terrible idea
<Untitled> lets do it anyway

<Untitled> Depends
<Untitled> What kind of wad error is "Address not Mapped to Object (Signal 11)"?

<Untitled> So today I found out that stupidity is nested fractally
<Untitled> There is no lower bound
Projects:
SamsaraHold http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3053

User avatar
fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Posts: 984
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:04 pm
Location: France

RE: Complex Doom Invasion

#112

Post by fr blood » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:52 pm

Untitled wrote: Ok, so the Azazel Boss (I forget which map it appears in) is ridiculously overpowered:
-I went 500/200 to 0/0 in a single second; his attacks pretty much kill you instantly if you so much as misstep.
-His lightning can be nigh impossible to predict and makes the boss have a bit more RNG than is reasonable for a boss this hard.
-Some of his attacks are nearly impossible to dodge if you are caught in the open.
-He teleports way too much, and moves way too fast.
-He attacks pretty much the instant you look at him, which, combined with the previous points, makes the fight take way too long.
-None of this is helped by the fact that you have to fight the legendary sentient right before this guy. I think that Leg Sentient should be it's own boss, one one map, while Azazel reigns alone on another. Both in succession takes way too long, to a kind of ridiculous extent.

Picture it this way: I've never seen him beaten in less than 20 minutes, and even that's lucky - usually everyone dies.

The only thing I really like about the boss is the music.
I've worked on him a lot in the next version, but it's gonna take a certain time to come since I've to finish CDM11.

And the Leg Sentient is removed.
Last edited by fr blood on Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Posts: 984
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:04 pm
Location: France

RE: Complex Doom Invasion

#113

Post by fr blood » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:54 am

I'm glad to announce that the map list is done so we can say that the project is complete.
I'm not reaching the v1.00 yet because we could maybe discover some bugs in the coming weeks and the next update of LCA is coming soon.

Even if the mappack if completed, you guys are still allowed to map for this project, your maps are the welcome.

User avatar
DR_FUZZY
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:38 pm

RE: Complex Doom Invasion

#114

Post by DR_FUZZY » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:09 am

I noticed the changelog didn't mention a fix for the Prosperity rune being heavily broken not functioning correctly with tanks/suits/leg sphere/etc (can't pick up health over 250). Was the bug fixed yet?

edit: bug still exists.
Last edited by DR_FUZZY on Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Posts: 984
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:04 pm
Location: France

RE: Complex Doom Invasion

#115

Post by fr blood » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:21 am

DR_FUZZY wrote: I noticed the changelog didn't mention a fix for the Prosperity rune being heavily broken not functioning correctly with tanks/suits/leg sphere/etc (can't pick up health over 250). Was the bug fixed yet?

edit: bug still exists.

This bug isn't fixable, you must know that this rune isn't from this project but from Skulltag, so I'm not able to edit it.

User avatar
DR_FUZZY
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:38 pm

RE: Complex Doom Invasion

#116

Post by DR_FUZZY » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:19 am

fr blood wrote:
DR_FUZZY wrote: I noticed the changelog didn't mention a fix for the Prosperity rune being heavily broken not functioning correctly with tanks/suits/leg sphere/etc (can't pick up health over 250). Was the bug fixed yet?

edit: bug still exists.

This bug isn't fixable, you must know that this rune isn't from this project but from Skulltag, so I'm not able to edit it.
Hmm thought rune attributes were editable but I was mistaken. Could maybe swap it for drain or reflection.

User avatar
Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum
Posts: 2210
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:38 pm
Location: Omnipresent

RE: Complex Doom Invasion

#117

Post by Ivan » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:30 am

fr blood wrote:
DR_FUZZY wrote: I noticed the changelog didn't mention a fix for the Prosperity rune being heavily broken not functioning correctly with tanks/suits/leg sphere/etc (can't pick up health over 250). Was the bug fixed yet?

edit: bug still exists.

This bug isn't fixable, you must know that this rune isn't from this project but from Skulltag, so I'm not able to edit it.
You can make your own rune that gives this property with some ACS, even more flexible.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

User avatar
fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Posts: 984
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:04 pm
Location: France

RE: Complex Doom Invasion

#118

Post by fr blood » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:18 pm

DR_FUZZY wrote: Hmm thought rune attributes were editable but I was mistaken. Could maybe swap it for drain or reflection.
Ivan wrote: You can make your own rune that gives this property with some ACS, even more flexible.
Yeah this is a great idea, I'm going to replace the prosperity rune by the drain rune the time to find a solution with ACS and I'll impliment it back.

User avatar
Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:29 pm
Location: Bathroom

RE: Complex Doom Invasion

#119

Post by Sepia-Paper » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:18 pm

I wanted to tell that the last level "CDM12 Hell" ends up in the very first portion on the map(4 cyberdemons and a bunch of cyberbarons), I have tired on Suicide Tendencies and the level still ends premateruly, other levels have been played completely or do we have to play it on hardest difficulty to get to the final boss area?

User avatar
fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Posts: 984
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:04 pm
Location: France

RE: Complex Doom Invasion

#120

Post by fr blood » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:08 am

Here comes a new update including a lot of fixes, changes, new stuff and balance.

Post Reply