Major Best Ever moderation change

Old stuff gets archived here.
Locked
Mobius
Banned
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:43 am
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Contact:
Banned: Permanently

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#101

Post by Mobius » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:35 am

Record straight: We didn't troll EG on Teamspeak after the TS incident because you formed COD after. Correct me with a log please or timestamps, because I got banned and in trouble on the ts before.
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

User avatar
StrikerMan780
Forum Regular
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 9:16 pm
Clan: Shadow Mavericks
Clan Tag: [SM]

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#102

Post by StrikerMan780 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:36 am

Image

Nati46
Forum Regular
Posts: 377
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:39 am
Location: Ramat Aviv

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#103

Post by Nati46 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:40 am

Hammerfest- wrote:Just to point out, and to my knowledge, admitting to DDoSing people as far as the RCMP and the equivalent to us (us as in the United States) is concerned no matter how when it happened can be a pretty severe issue if the people who were victim to it decide to bring it up to the proper authorities along with this confession. Even then, anyone can just cut and paste this too if they want to really see someone get into shit.

But hey its your grave man.
The victims in question have not done any of that and It is likely that the statute of limitations in this case will render it null (or the court will probably just not look into it)
Either way good luck getting concrete proof/confession here.

Mobius
Banned
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:43 am
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Contact:
Banned: Permanently

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#104

Post by Mobius » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:41 am

Nati46 wrote:
Hammerfest- wrote:Just to point out, and to my knowledge, admitting to DDoSing people as far as the RCMP and the equivalent to us (us as in the United States) is concerned no matter how when it happened can be a pretty severe issue if the people who were victim to it decide to bring it up to the proper authorities along with this confession. Even then, anyone can just cut and paste this too if they want to really see someone get into shit.

But hey its your grave man.
The victims in question have not done any of that and It is likely that the statute of limitations in this case will render it null (or the court will probably just not look into it)
Either way good luck getting concrete proof/confession here.
He's confessed everywhere including the capo thread and Legion's video.
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

Nati46
Forum Regular
Posts: 377
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:39 am
Location: Ramat Aviv

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#105

Post by Nati46 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:44 am

Mobius wrote:
Nati46 wrote:
Hammerfest- wrote:Just to point out, and to my knowledge, admitting to DDoSing people as far as the RCMP and the equivalent to us (us as in the United States) is concerned no matter how when it happened can be a pretty severe issue if the people who were victim to it decide to bring it up to the proper authorities along with this confession. Even then, anyone can just cut and paste this too if they want to really see someone get into shit.

But hey its your grave man.
The victims in question have not done any of that and It is likely that the statute of limitations in this case will render it null (or the court will probably just not look into it)
Either way good luck getting concrete proof/confession here.
He's confessed everywhere including the capo thread and Legion's video.
If anybody wants to go as far as involve cross-country laws for something like this, they can go ahead. Refer to my post on the other thread for info.

Haven't seen you reply to what I said earlier btw m8.

User avatar
John Zombie
Forum Regular
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:59 pm

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#106

Post by John Zombie » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:44 am

Jwarrier wrote: Yes we picked each other, that strategy has been around since the start of doom CTF with all sorts of clans. In some cases we even picked our members like Stan and Boko who were not the best players but NEVER ONCE got a chance to play. Considering people were banned in that same time frame for throwing games, than that would mean we would have been reported OR warned OR heard anything about this before your completely ghosted random memory. Before you start saying this happened during our Friday events we logged what we did and we never once played PRIV on those dates, we instead did FNF, scrims, survival, and inter-clan tournaments.
If you never heard anything/got warned it's most likely due to the fact alexmax hardly answers to anything/people just couldn't get bothered reporting it(myself included).

I'd agree on the "completely ghosted random memory" bit if it wasn't for the fact that like I said, other people confirmed as well that it was happening quite frequently.
But wait, I guess their memory must be completely ghosted and random as well, so what do we have here?
Jwarrier wrote:
John Zombie wrote:
[...]
Honestly I would be more concerned about people turning privs into total crap with their clan stacking/dumb trolling instead of judging people trying to keep competition alive on this wrecked port, just saying
How long you been playing doom man? There has been and will always be nothing but trolling, clan stacking, dumb ass players. You can either spend your time bitching and complaining about it or you can have fun playing the game and live with the stupidity. I mean seriously you can try any other game with multi-player and get the same results every time. The world is full of idiots. I'm not ashamed to admit I'm one of them. :)

P.S. I love how my posts draw in JZ and Samurai every time. Two peas in a pod I guess.
I guess the forum database with you straight up admitting it is completely ghosted and random too?
Anyway that's not the point, we'll get there in a while
Jwarrier wrote: BTW I remember this one time when you disconnected during a priv game because you were upset about something with the teams, so what?
I don't know what you're on about, but I don't deny it might have happened, I'm certainly no saint.
Point is unlike someone else I don't go around playing the victim card and lecture other people about lack of maturity while pretty much being a jackass myself. You feel me? :wink:

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 2558
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:44 am

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#107

Post by Catastrophe » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:49 am

Well congratulations guys, you did it. Rip BE.

Dynamo
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 154
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 5:16 am

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#108

Post by Dynamo » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:54 am

Catastrophe wrote:Well congratulations guys, you did it. Rip BE.
Nobody here did anything except one person:
<Jenova> .killall
<BestBot> Killed a total of 149 servers.
<Jenova> .quit
* BestBot has quit (Connection closed)
Let's not pretend otherwise, now.

User avatar
Ru5tK1ng
Posts a lot
Posts: 772
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:04 pm

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#109

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:54 am

Catastrophe wrote:Well congratulations guys, you did it. Rip BE.
Did what? Jenova pulled the plug himself because he didn't get his way.

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 2558
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:44 am

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#110

Post by Catastrophe » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:56 am

Just pat yourselves on the back, you guys finally did it. Congratulations.

Dynamo
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 154
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 5:16 am

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#111

Post by Dynamo » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:05 am

Catastrophe wrote:Just pat yourselves on the back, you guys finally did it. Congratulations.
Just like I said to Jenova, repeating the same thing 50000 times isn't going to make your argument more logical or complete, it just makes one look unable to have a coherent discussion.

User avatar
jdagenet
Forum Regular
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:08 am
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: A3
Contact:

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#112

Post by jdagenet » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:25 am

I honestly don't understand why he shut BE down. People use the hell out of the service so it's not like people didn't appreciate him or his work. I think he's acting a bit too childish at this point.

User avatar
AlexMax
Forum Regular
Posts: 244
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 10:14 pm
Contact:

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#113

Post by AlexMax » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:46 am

To be frank, although I appreciate not wanting to pay anymore for what is essentially a hobby, I think taking down the servers unexpectedly was a bad decision. If there was a plan to transition to a new host, why not wait until the transition was complete and then shut the servers down? Even if there wasn't, why not give people notice?

Giving people notice is standard operating procedure for just about any service out there, and would have minimized the effects on the people who actually used the service. Keep in mind, most of the people using BE likely have never posted in this forum, don't use IRC for anything else except starting servers, and have no knowledge or stake or even a care about any of this drama.

EDIT: It appears Best Ever is back for now. That was the right decision to bring it back for now, thank you for reconsidering.

EDIT #2: It was only re-enabled for Megaman? Seriously? That still leaves doomers out in the cold who have nothing to do with and don't care about this drama.
The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the
universe, as inevitable as your own last breath. And yet,
there remains time to create, to create, and escape.

Escape will make me God.

User avatar
nax
Lead Administrator
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:06 am

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#114

Post by nax » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:42 am

I feel like Jenova got caught up in too much of the drama surrounding it but I have to agree with his main point - i don't integrate into this community because outside of the modding community it's a bunch of cliques competing for attention. the fact that cliques are backed up by some kind of staff member just reflects poorly from an outsider's perspective and makes me not want to bother.

Laggy Blazko
Forum Regular
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:00 pm
Location: Heck no

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#115

Post by Laggy Blazko » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:00 am

AlexMax wrote: EDIT #2: It was only re-enabled for Megaman? Seriously? That still leaves doomers out in the cold who have nothing to do with and don't care about this drama.
Well, Doom still has TSPG. Megaman's IWAD doesn't work on it for some reason.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum
Posts: 3470
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:12 pm
Location: Shpongleland

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#116

Post by Ænima » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:23 am

Ænima wrote: Jenova's always been a cool dude to me
Okay scratch that. My servers are gone now because of an argument that I wasn't even a part of. I guess he had the right to do it since he pays for it, but inconveniencing a large group of people who trusted in you and your generousity by cutting them off without warning is a bit of a dick move, honestly.

That's like having a bunch of friends over for dinner and then kicking everyone out because of one person.
Image ­ ­
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: Doom64 and Diablo2 had a baby


ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community
Squad Radio: a WASD-powered chat menu, add your own sounds
AeniPuffs: neat blood and puff effects

Jenova
Under Moderation
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:05 am
Location: Africa
Contact:

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#117

Post by Jenova » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:08 am

I've restarted the bot and people should be able to host whatever they want (including non-megaman stuff). This isn't going to change for the foreseeable future.

Konda
Forum Regular
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:22 pm

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#118

Post by Konda » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:24 am

TL;DR Zandronum competition was cancer
Shouldn't have let the drama affect BE. Also, what was up with that "No fun allowed" at the top of the forums? Was that also influenced by drama?

User avatar
Dark-Assassin
Maintenence Crew
Posts: 965
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#119

Post by Dark-Assassin » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:37 am

No, that was something else completely unrelated from IRC just as a joke.

scroton
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:33 am

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#120

Post by scroton » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:30 am

I believe I have a solution for the issues the Zandronum community faces:

1) Create separate but equal copies of all sub forums for general clan members--"Clan Projects", "Clan Editing", "Clan General" and so forth.

2) Make it so that all forum members that are currently in clans or have been in clans at any point in the past are only able to post in these clan sub forums. Make exceptions for bug reports and other such things which assist development of Zandronum. For the sake of organizing events, allow non-clan forum members to post in the clan sub forums.

3) Remove any and all forum Admins and Moderators which are in a clan or have been in a clan at any point in the past from their positions and put them in charge of moderating the clan sub forums. Allow them autonomy in appointing new clan moderators from clan forum members.

4) G-line all IRC users that are in a clan or have been in a clan at any point in the past from the main Zandronum IRC channels, such as #zandronum. Leave other IRC channels as-is.

I believe these changes will improve user experience for the entire zandronum community as it will mean that non clan members will be able to post about zandronum and zandronum projects, and clan members will be free to post about clans and clan feuds without interruption from moderation.

Thank you for your time.

Locked