Latest news: -- SNS #137 - UTNT: Invasion + Zero Invasion -- -- Zandronum 1.3-alpha-140728-1234 -- -- Zandronum 1.3-alpha-140703-1806 -- -- Zandronum 1.2.2 --
Announcements go here.

John Romero will play SNS this year!
one_Two
Post: #1 - John Romero will play SNS this year! Posted: 01-24-2013, 01:39 AM
Fuck Mini Baby Bells!
Zandronumb

Sorry to take matters in to my own hands but I thought if I don't ask him soon he might be booked up come December, but yeah I asked if he wanted to play the 20th anniversary of doom SNS (the correlation between the two) and he said :

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2013 01:39 AM by one_Two.)
Find all posts by this user
Frits
Post: #2 - RE: John Romero will play SNS this year! Posted: 01-24-2013, 01:47 AM
Free For All
Forum Regular

Finally, a use for 64 slots
Iced
Post: #3 - RE: John Romero will play SNS this year! Posted: 01-24-2013, 01:50 AM
Forum Regular

Now we have to decide whether we try to "wow" him by pushing the boundaries of this port, or if we just kick it old school for the anniversary.
ibm5155
Post: #4 - RE: John Romero will play SNS this year! Posted: 01-24-2013, 02:27 AM
spam
Addicted to Zandronum
Clan:

(01-24-2013 01:47 AM)Frits Wrote:  Finally, a use for 64 slots

LolCool
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[TE] Springy
Post: #5 - RE: John Romero will play SNS this year! Posted: 01-24-2013, 02:44 AM
Certified mandem.
Forum Regular
Clan: The Elite

Excellent news one_two. First he registers to ZDoom and now this, excellent. I will be participating in this.

Zero X Diamond Wrote:Careful, you don't want to push that Pikachu dude to action. Who knows what unspeakable things lie in store for you? Maybe he'll... send you another nasty tweet!
Sonter_Man Wrote:Autism runs amok on zandaemon
Medicris
Post: #6 - RE: John Romero will play SNS this year! Posted: 01-24-2013, 03:01 AM
Forum Regular
Clan:

IT'S_HAPPENING.jpg

"Every breath, every motion brings you one instant closer to your death.
With that kind of heritage and destiny, how can you deny yourself?
How can you expect yourself to give up violence?
It is your nature.
Do you feel free?"

mXhairs 2.0 | QuickSet Config for Zandronum and G/Zdoom | Q3 Arena SFX
[MS] Disguise
Post: #7 - RE: John Romero will play SNS this year! Posted: 01-24-2013, 03:02 AM
No Regret. No Mercy.
The Mercenary
Clan: Machine Shop

That's amazing indeed!

Corruption Deathmatch: Corruption at its highest.
Medieval Invasion - Very WIP
Daemon Astrum - On Hold
Stratamax: Phobos Complex - In Progress

Someone Wrote:So, Crytek had a Crysis, now its....Doomed. Ok, im out.

madyellow Wrote:i can't wait to finish this after that i think ill get more fan's then ill be the 2nd famous australian animator >:DD and ill have 1EE7 SK!LLZ hahaha o I'm stupid as fuck butt hay ill get right in there as in right up a girl's pussy >:D FUUUNN hahaha
[id] Luke
Post: #8 - RE: John Romero will play SNS this year! Posted: 01-24-2013, 03:14 AM
Former ZDaemon Player
Suspended

(01-24-2013 01:50 AM)Iced Wrote:  try to "wow" him by pushing the boundaries of this port

Great news!
TerminusEst13
Post: #9 - RE: John Romero will play SNS this year! Posted: 01-24-2013, 03:34 AM
I'm just a guy.
Forum Regular

Oh. My. Damn.

We should cook up some sort of special project for him, a "Welcome Home" sort of deal.
But what should we do? Weapons? Classes? Maps? A gameplay mutator?

The Ranger - New class for HeXen.
ZDoom Wars - I drew some pictures.
Samsara - Some class-based mod I guess?
Metroid: Dreadnought - I am a dumb fanboy.
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2013 03:35 AM by TerminusEst13.)
[MS] Dusk
Post: #10 - RE: John Romero will play SNS this year! Posted: 01-24-2013, 04:10 AM
Developer

Better make it one epic 20th anniversary SNS. I'm stocked for reals and this isn't often.

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2013 04:11 AM by Dusk.)
one_Two
Post: #11 - RE: John Romero will play SNS this year! Posted: 01-24-2013, 04:22 AM
Fuck Mini Baby Bells!
Zandronumb

(01-24-2013 03:34 AM)TerminusEst13 Wrote:  Oh. My. Damn.

We should cook up some sort of special project for him, a "Welcome Home" sort of deal.
But what should we do? Weapons? Classes? Maps? A gameplay mutator?

Yeah I was thinking of a year long project. I think it'd have to be old school style though :)
WhiteAce
Post: #12 - RE: John Romero will play SNS this year! Posted: 01-24-2013, 04:39 AM
Happy sunshine the Banchou
Forum Regular
Clan:

Dude this is big news, should definitely cook up a few new maps while keeping it old style doom while also showing him what everyone has done with this port.

TerminusEst13
Post: #13 - RE: John Romero will play SNS this year! Posted: 01-24-2013, 05:08 AM
I'm just a guy.
Forum Regular

That's a bit of a contradicting goal, isn't it? If we stick to "old style doom", then we probably won't be able to show off the better, flashier, and greater capabilities of the port. Likewise, if we want to show off the power of this port, we won't be able to really show off old-style stuff as well.

I think it'd be better if we picked one goal and stuck with it.

The Ranger - New class for HeXen.
ZDoom Wars - I drew some pictures.
Samsara - Some class-based mod I guess?
Metroid: Dreadnought - I am a dumb fanboy.
one_Two
Post: #14 - RE: John Romero will play SNS this year! Posted: 01-24-2013, 05:27 AM
Fuck Mini Baby Bells!
Zandronumb

(01-24-2013 05:08 AM)TerminusEst13 Wrote:  That's a bit of a contradicting goal, isn't it? If we stick to "old style doom", then we probably won't be able to show off the better, flashier, and greater capabilities of the port. Likewise, if we want to show off the power of this port, we won't be able to really show off old-style stuff as well.

I think it'd be better if we picked one goal and stuck with it.

Yeah you're right, most people start to play new doom ports because of the nostalgia and love of the old game but stay around for all the new features. I only thought old school to truly pay homage to doom - rather than just a port but I'm not fussed either way.
Ænima
Post: #15 - RE: John Romero will play SNS this year! Posted: 01-24-2013, 05:48 AM
INFECTED WITH BLOAX.EXE
Addicted to Zandronum
Clan:

Let's just show him all the stuff that Essel and Mechadon have made recently. And nothing else.

Cruduxy
Post: #16 - RE: John Romero will play SNS this year! Posted: 01-24-2013, 07:21 AM
ONLY PEGG
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Or a multipart SNS with old school and then new school...

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Nothing to see here
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Little speed up to playing hexen :
Hexen Monspeed - vH
{
http://static.best-ever.org/wads/zbludmapsv1.1.wad +
http://static.best-ever.org/wads/zbloodxv1.1.wad +
http://static.best-ever.org/wads/zbloodaddon1.1zzzz.pk3 + }slightly better blood
Ijon Tichy
Post: #17 - RE: John Romero will play SNS this year! Posted: 01-24-2013, 08:01 AM
but why
Clan: I'm against them

Are we going for nostalgia here? Because there's one mod I help someone with that comes to mind when nostalgia is mentioned... Ranger might bring up bad memories, but still.

And load it with ACStris because why the fuck not I guess? Not like it'd hurt (although I'd need to make it spectator-compatible) :V

[SSJ] Catastrophe
Post: #18 - RE: John Romero will play SNS this year! Posted: 01-24-2013, 08:09 AM
Zandronum Master Race

Wow hes playing....in 11 months

http://bluests.enjin.com/forum Join the spreading disease today
Youtube

Mods/Wads: AoW2: X | Super Demon | HATS! | Stupid LMS | i3 CTF
Discuss these projects over at #SSJ
Zupoman
Post: #19 - RE: John Romero will play SNS this year! Posted: 01-24-2013, 08:32 AM

(01-24-2013 08:01 AM)Ijon Tichy Wrote:  Are we going for nostalgia here? Because there's one mod I help someone with that comes to mind when nostalgia is mentioned... Ranger might bring up bad memories, but still.

And load it with ACStris because why the fuck not I guess? Not like it'd hurt (although I'd need to make it spectator-compatible) :V

If you can, tell somewhere how exactly interacting with spectators worked , because IIRC that was a slighty complex shit, and I am curious. :U Was it something with function/script return values?

This signature is empty and useless, I would write another useless idiotism here but people will call me a noob for that, so sorry, no more signatures for you. Go somewhere else.
<PRO> The Toxic Avenger
Post: #20 - RE: John Romero will play SNS this year! Posted: 01-24-2013, 08:36 AM
The red in the sky is ours
Global Moderator
Clan: The Professionals

Holy fucking shit

John Romero will play SNS this year!

User(s) browsing this thread: +1 Guest(s)