This is the fourth installment in the Superfast Mapping Series: The Domination gamemode! Each map is designed for zandronum's domination gamemode, 8-16+ players, and 2-4 teams. (Team) Deathmatch will work just fine as well, although there will be point slabs there for no reason. Points also have tags of 100+ and have mapspots with tags 200+ on them, so if you want to make a radically cool acs gamemode and need a map pack, there you go.
Album of all 32 maps
Spoiler: "Pre-release stuff" (Open)-TEXTURE PACKS-
Gothic stuff - preferred textures
It's time for the next installment in Superfast mapping: domination! Superfast Deathmatch had a domination conversion done by me and apparently that was good, so it's time to make a dedicated megawad for domination. Superfast CTF was not very good so I have reverted back to a better ruleset (and CTF speedmapping is always iffy anyways). Me and Argentum will as usual be handling the bulk of the wad, but members of the community are more than welcome to contribute. If finishing time is near and people don't complete their maps, they will be replaced by us.
-Rules-- You have 1 hour and 9 minutes to create a domination map
- Name maps as SFDOM## (replace ## with the map number)
- Doom in Hexen or UDMF format
- 8-16 players
- No prefabs or copy pasting other stuff into your map (no cheating, we can prob tell lol)
- Use whatever textures you want, just link me the sources.
- Make sure the map works with & without jump, crouch, or freelook.
- Don't put exits in the map.
- Pick a Title/Song/Sky for your map; anything you leave out, we will fill in
- Each map must work with 2-4 teams, so no symmetrical team maps with "bases".
- ONLY put in deathmatch spawns and a player 1 spawn. I will personally handle all the team starts, and this saves you time anyway.
- Tell me any domination points and their names. I'll do the sectinfo.
- Domination points require a non-sky ceiling + less than 255 brightness in order to render properly. A 64x64 FLAT20 slab always works.
- No large domination point sectors.-Slots-
Red: Map is unsubmitted.
Orange: Map submitted, but without edits.
Emerald: Map is ready for online testing.
White: Map is finished!SFDOM01 - Combinebobnt
SFDOM02 - Argentum
SFDOM03 - Argentvm
SFDOM04 - Combinebobnt
SFDOM05 - Dranzer
SFDOM06 - Dranzer
SFDOM07 - Combinebobnt
SFDOM08 - Combinebobnt
SFDOM09 - Gustavo
SFDOM10 - Combinebobnt
SFDOM11 - [IFOC]75
SFDOM12 - Combinebobnt
SFDOM13 - Dranzer
SFDOM14 - Strangle
SFDOM15 - Combinebobnt
SFDOM16 - Dranzer
SFDOM17 - [IFOC]75
SFDOM18 - ARGENTVM
SFDOM19 - Dranzer
SFDOM20 - Combinebobnt
SFDOM21 - argentagent
SFDOM22 - Dranzer
SFDOM23 - Combinebobnt
SFDOM24 - Combinebobnt
SFDOM25 - Dranzer
SFDOM26 - [IFOC]75
SFDOM27 - Dranzer
SFDOM28 - [IFOC]75
SFDOM29 - Combinebobnt
SFDOM30 - Argentum
SFDOM31 - Argentum
SFDOM32 - Combinebobnt-Tips-- Have a plan before you start.
- Optimal time management should be 30-40 mins on the layout, 10 minutes on the item placement, and the rest on texturing/detailing. Placing domination points literally takes 1-2 minutes.
- Each domination point should be an important part of the map and connected well with the others.
- Avoid dead ends or a lot of wandering.
- Making the maps as kind of a deathmatch map with more focus on the points works very well apparently.
- Don't bother too much with aligning every texture perfectly or with bunches of little detail sectors. Detailing really should just be selecting appropriate textures and maybe aligning the ones that need it most.
- Don't waste too much time trying to create perfect geometry.
- The time limit is not an excuse to make a lazy or purposely bad map. Make sure you are still putting in effort.