Super Doom 64 Unofficial v20!

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Post Reply
Samuzero15tlh
Forum Regular
Posts: 235
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:21 pm
Location: In home, sweet Home
Clan Tag: <skr>

Super Doom 64 Unofficial v20!

#1

Post by Samuzero15tlh » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:57 am

Hey everybody! Welcome to my first thread!

DISCLAMIER: This is NOT my mod!, the original author is StrikerMan780, this is an edit for Super Doom 64.

Welcome to Super Doom 64 unofficial!

This is Super Doom 64, but with a lot of changes! incluiding smoother Animations, new monster sprites, coop gameplay and the same DM gameplay!.

In this version i was focused on Coop Gameplay and also I used some parts from other mods related with Doom 64, but still makes the gameplay fun to play.

Still, there are some minor bugs and glitches here, but nothing bad to worry.

Some changes what I made:
+ Added more sprites for the monsters, items and powerups.
+ Some fancy projectile effects.
+ Aeniblood! (courtesy of Aenima)
+ Re-Animated Weapons!
+ Fixed the full screen hud.
+ Added the Unmaker + Artifacts (resumed to 1 single artifact)
+ Added the Fade in script from Cdoom64.wad
+ Team colored Unmaker!
+ CVAR: D64_noNMmonsters: Enable or disable the nightmare monsters.
(effects take on the next level)
+ NofreeAim BFG setting.
+ Weapons are now switchable on their fire modes depending of the gametype.
Coop: Slow Rocket and Plasma + Harmless BFG
DM: Fast Rocket and Plasma + Dangerous BFG (Explosive to the user too)
+ Nazis now have mp40!

Screnshots:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Download it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i48m8 ... al_v20.pk3

Second Mirror:
http://www.[bad site]/download?file= ... al_v20.pk3

There you have it! Have fun!

Also many thanks to Aenima for the AeniBlood!
Last edited by Samuzero15tlh on Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everyone wants happiness without pain, but you cant have a rainbow without a rain.
Spoiler: My zandro stuff! (Open)

Samuzero15tlh

User avatar
Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum
Posts: 3494
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:12 pm

RE: Super Doom 64 Unofficial v20!

#2

Post by Ænima » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:49 am

Awesome. Great work on v20!

Incase anyone was wondering, this is what I'm building Unabsolved off of.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !


ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

User avatar
Doomenator
Forum Regular
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:27 am

RE: Super Doom 64 Unofficial v20!

#3

Post by Doomenator » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:28 pm

A small liquid patch, was made for StrikerMan780 mod. Download.
Gives small cosmetic changes and fix bug bloodfalls.
Spoiler: screenshot (Open)
Image

I also noticed that not all monsters have lighting when attacking (nightmareimp, 64hellknight, 64baronofhell). Well conceived?

Samuzero15tlh
Forum Regular
Posts: 235
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:21 pm
Location: In home, sweet Home
Clan Tag: <skr>

RE: Super Doom 64 Unofficial v20!

#4

Post by Samuzero15tlh » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:35 pm

Like i said: Some minor bugs and glitches are there but nothing bad to worry about, but i will take it anyways.

If you want to help me on this mod, your help is welcome!

Edit: Talking about bugs, I found a bad one D: Cyberdemon launches missile from the floor.
Last edited by Samuzero15tlh on Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everyone wants happiness without pain, but you cant have a rainbow without a rain.
Spoiler: My zandro stuff! (Open)

Samuzero15tlh

User avatar
Doomenator
Forum Regular
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:27 am

RE: Super Doom 64 Unofficial v20!

#5

Post by Doomenator » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:59 pm

Samuzero15tlh wrote: If you want to help me on this mod, your help is welcome!
Not that would really want, because I am not a fan of doom64 and psx doom. :smile:

User avatar
DevilHunter
Zandronum Tester
Posts: 633
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:58 am
Location: Alaska, USA
Contact:

RE: Super Doom 64 Unofficial v20!

#6

Post by DevilHunter » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:13 pm

Wait a min.. I just opened the file in Slade... And all I see is 4 DM maps.. Is this suppose to be ran with cdoom64.wad for Coop?

Samuzero15tlh
Forum Regular
Posts: 235
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:21 pm
Location: In home, sweet Home
Clan Tag: <skr>

RE: Super Doom 64 Unofficial v20!

#7

Post by Samuzero15tlh » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:19 pm

DevilHunter wrote: Wait a min.. I just opened the file in Slade... And all I see is 4 DM maps.. Is this suppose to be ran with cdoom64.wad for Coop?
Em in fact this was supposed to run in any Coop map. And the 4 DM maps are made in the original version for demostration. Look at the Striker's post.
Everyone wants happiness without pain, but you cant have a rainbow without a rain.
Spoiler: My zandro stuff! (Open)

Samuzero15tlh

User avatar
Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum
Posts: 3494
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:12 pm

RE: Super Doom 64 Unofficial v20!

#8

Post by Ænima » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:11 pm

Yeah this was made to run with any standard Doom2 mappack, it replaces almost every D2 texture. Also I feel like it would break if you tried to run it with cdoom64.

Also yes some of the GLDEFS probably need to be updated.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !


ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

jwaffe
Forum Regular
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:45 pm
Location: Just beyond the line horizon
Contact:

RE: Super Doom 64 Unofficial v20!

#9

Post by jwaffe » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:46 pm

Playing Doom 2 maps with Doom 64 assets is really cool, but I've got a question, why does this mod change the behavior of the revenant so much? (Note: I'm not sure if this was a carryover from the official Super Doom 64 so that might be a question for Striker).
Image

Samuzero15tlh
Forum Regular
Posts: 235
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:21 pm
Location: In home, sweet Home
Clan Tag: <skr>

RE: Super Doom 64 Unofficial v20!

#10

Post by Samuzero15tlh » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:34 pm

jwaffe wrote: Playing Doom 2 maps with Doom 64 assets is really cool, but I've got a question, why does this mod change the behavior of the revenant so much? (Note: I'm not sure if this was a carryover from the official Super Doom 64 so that might be a question for Striker).
Look, Revenant in the original version acts like the typical actor doom 2 (runs more faster, launches 1 seeking missile, pretty dangerous) but here thanks to Footman it goes more slower but attacks with a pair of seeking missile, so, revenant would look kind of hard to fight if he really is firing those 2 seeking missiles with the doom 2 speed. Also if revenant would appeared in doom 64, maybe those changes were made. That was what he thought.

Only i can say: Difficulty setting

Edit: Cage is not Footman.
Last edited by Samuzero15tlh on Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everyone wants happiness without pain, but you cant have a rainbow without a rain.
Spoiler: My zandro stuff! (Open)

Samuzero15tlh

User avatar
DevilHunter
Zandronum Tester
Posts: 633
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:58 am
Location: Alaska, USA
Contact:

RE: Super Doom 64 Unofficial v20!

#11

Post by DevilHunter » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:30 am

Hmm, well I have this hosted with 12-in-1survival on both BE and TSPG-Painkiller. Have yet to see anyone give it a go.

Samuzero15tlh
Forum Regular
Posts: 235
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:21 pm
Location: In home, sweet Home
Clan Tag: <skr>

RE: Super Doom 64 Unofficial v20!

#12

Post by Samuzero15tlh » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:54 pm

Remember this is an old forgotten mod 2 years afters, not everyone remebers it.

EDIT: Nevermid, Strikerman was busy on other projects and, after LONG time returns!
Last edited by Samuzero15tlh on Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everyone wants happiness without pain, but you cant have a rainbow without a rain.
Spoiler: My zandro stuff! (Open)

Samuzero15tlh

User avatar
arkore
Forum Regular
Posts: 177
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:01 pm

RE: Super Doom 64 Unofficial v20!

#13

Post by arkore » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:06 pm

I think Doom64 projects for modern engines are great, and would like to see them be successful.

Now,
Is it just me, or are the screenshots missing something? It seems like there's no fog at all, or some kind of ambience volumetric lighting from what I remember in my Doom N64 experience.

I think this can be easily achieved by applying a 0.01% transparent overlay for the screen, perhaps coloured yellow.


Actually, I think the screenshot in Doomenator's response is slightly showing the effect I'm describing. Or maybe it's just his video card brightness setting is set higher than normal.
Creator of Zone-F, Rocket Arena, Jail Break, Hellway Invasion, Hellstop, Bosses from Hell, Chillax II, and ArkDoom.

theundeadsoldierx9

RE: Super Doom 64 Unofficial v20!

#14

Post by theundeadsoldierx9 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:12 pm

wow grat version nice work samuzero

User avatar
Roozy1999
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:13 am
Location: Tallahassee
Clan: Zandro-roozy
Clan Tag: 1999

Re: Super Doom 64 Unofficial v20!

#15

Post by Roozy1999 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:52 pm

Samuzero15tlh wrote:Hey everybody! Welcome to my first thread!

DISCLAMIER: This is NOT my mod!, the original author is StrikerMan780, this is an edit for Super Doom 64.

Welcome to Super Doom 64 unofficial!

This is Super Doom 64, but with a lot of changes! incluiding smoother Animations, new monster sprites, coop gameplay and the same DM gameplay!.

In this version i was focused on Coop Gameplay and also I used some parts from other mods related with Doom 64, but still makes the gameplay fun to play.

Still, there are some minor bugs and glitches here, but nothing bad to worry.

Some changes what I made:
+ Added more sprites for the monsters, items and powerups.
+ Some fancy projectile effects.
+ Aeniblood! (courtesy of Aenima)
+ Re-Animated Weapons!
+ Fixed the full screen hud.
+ Added the Unmaker + Artifacts (resumed to 1 single artifact)
+ Added the Fade in script from Cdoom64.wad
+ Team colored Unmaker!
+ CVAR: D64_noNMmonsters: Enable or disable the nightmare monsters.
(effects take on the next level)
+ NofreeAim BFG setting.
+ Weapons are now switchable on their fire modes depending of the gametype.
Coop: Slow Rocket and Plasma + Harmless BFG
DM: Fast Rocket and Plasma + Dangerous BFG (Explosive to the user too)
+ Nazis now have mp40!

Screnshots:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Download it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i48m8 ... al_v20.pk3

Second Mirror:
http://www.[bad site]/download?file= ... al_v20.pk3

There you have it! Have fun!

Also many thanks to Aenima for the AeniBlood!
NICE. Will listen to dubstep WHEN playing this MOD. Now I wonder SGT_Mark_IV made Brutal Doom 64 at Halloween 2016.
The Roozies are SAVED in this FORUM! YES WE DID IT :doom:No more ZDoom Forums, No more Bullshit, No more Spamming, No more Cyber-bullying, and no more KKKAnd I'm A Fuckin' Fish.

Post Reply