Spoiler: other vids and screens (Open)
SO WHAT IS IT? 20 years after the release of Midway's infamous Doom64 for the N64, there's a whole new way to experience Hell.
Over 30 new monsters, 8 new weapons, useful sidearms, frag grenades, flying kicks, beautiful effects, and much more await you! Spray lead with the Uzi, use the Taser to hold monsters back from attacking your teammates, heal your friends with the Healing Staff, and work together to kick demon ass.
This is an addon for Strikerman's Super Doom64 that adds many new monsters, a few new weapons, effects (courtesy of AeniPuffs), RPG elements, and a few gameplay tweaks. Intended for survival, with emphasis on cooperation between party members of different skill specialties.
I am working on something similar to the Diablo 2 skill tree, and there will be a leveling system, with experience and skills being saved between sessions. There's already a few Diablo 2 monsters.
SIDEARMS: Remember to set up your keys to switch to different sidearms, or just bind one key to cycle through them (R by default).
To use a sidearm, simply press and hold Altfire with any weapon! You will use whatever sidearm you currently have selected.
Spoiler: Uzi (Open)Hold altfire, spray hot lead everywhere, repeat as necessary. Nuff said.
The [video] tag is deprecated, please use the [media] tag
Spoiler: Taser (Open)The taser has a short range and does almost zero damage so it's not good for killing anything directly, however it stunlocks most monsters for a few seconds so that your teammates can easily wipe them out. Also great for escaping traps in tight rooms. Taser ammo dropped mostly by cybernetic enemies.
Spoiler: Healing Staff (Open)The healing staff allows you to heal teammates by shooting them with it directly. If you shoot a wall, floor, or shoot into the air, you'll spawn an HP bonus instead. Healing staff ammo is only dropped by the tougher monsters, with Council members (archviles) and Cybersnakes dropping it the most frequently. I also realize that this sprite really doesn't fit well at all but it's more or less a placeholder for now ...
Healers can also see other players' health values via HudMessageOnActor. This should prove very useful in terms of quickly deciding who needs health and who doesn't (instead of relying on cl_drawcoopinfo 1).
Spoiler: new weapons WIP (Open)railgun (sprite by DrDoctor):
nailgun (sprite by HellcattX):
flamethrower (sprite by SamVision i think):
Here's a first draft of that Uzi sprite, which is a Hacx uzi shamelessly rescaled, repalleted, and rehanded, but I'll definitely change it later:
And here's a neat potential flamethrower sprite that SamVision and a few others were tossing around the ZDoom forums' Spriting Carnival a few years ago:
Requires SamuZero's unofficial fork of Super Doom64 (sd64_unofficial_v*.pk3) to run.
Also super special thanks to SunMadcat for his awesome monsters! And President People for his awesome ZandroGuy skin!
oh fuck it's Diablo
I'll post updates here as I make progress.
>> ALPHA 9c <<
Spoiler: changelog (Open)
- alpha1 hotfix:
- nerfed the Abbreviator and gave him a lesser spawn chance
- commented out the RL altfire code that i should have spotted the first time ._.
- better sound for the Force-a-Nature
- nerfed manticore and scorpiore
- nerfed Venom Lord and instead beefed the Dendroid since it's rarer
- added the Arachnoid!
- monsters of the same base class should no longer infight
- nerfed and slowed the harpy imp
- increased delay before deathbrawler tentacle attack
- nerfed the centaur and javelin baron a tiny bit but made the baron's javelins rippers
- nerfed the warrior baron
- better melee for the venomlord, he does a double slash with his greatsword
- new sounds and other tiny changes
- nerfed Blunderbore's hammer
- removed lingering particle fountain after Fanatic's death
- decreased the radius of Abbreviator's volcano attack
- brightened the greys on Zandroguy's sprite because it was too dark in this palette
- corrected the Kulrath sprite to fit D64's pallete
- better sounds for: pistol, shotgun, chaingun, headless kamikaze, connectsound, dsradio
- increased delay before Fanatic kersplosion and added a warning scream
- added warning sound for deathbrawler tentacle attack
- misc GLDEFS and DECALDEF stuff that i forgot to do before because lazy, still more to do
- slowed the Deathbrawler and it's variants' running speeds because goddamn they were fast
- added the projectile effects from SD64 to Madcat's new monsters
- Finally added the Uzi! For now, it is the only sidearm and it is equipped by default. Spells will be added later.
- Added the Unraveller, Hellrider, and Heresiarch Baron! The mod now features 26 new monsters for Doom64!
- nerfed Council Member (a lot), as well as the Enslaved and Kulrath
- added NODAMAGETHRUST to the council member (and Diablo's) lightning, and removed the RIPPER property
- fixed the deathbrawler's height, shouldn't get stuck anymore
- manticores, scorpiores, and kulraths now offer a warning cry before they ram you into oblivion. baboon demons too.
- better melee attack sounds for most monsters
- gave the fist +NOALERT so it won't wake up monsters
- players now start with 100% (green) armor instead of nothing
- tweaked spawn chances
- fist and chainsaw now rain blood droplets everywhere
- changed the default plasma rifle color from blue to green, balls slightly faster
- better revenant replacement
- nerfed the deathbrawler and deathbrigadier's health and gave their ground attacks a finite range
- slowed the beheaded firecracker's attack
- Deathbrawler & its variants spawn less often. Also more time before the tentacle comes up, and the explosive attack is rarer.
- Nerfed Council member more because holy shit
- Nerfed Blunderbore hammer because holy shit
- Abbreviator spawns less often
- gave the harpy imp normal imp sounds to avoid confusion
- less Uzi recoil cuz it got retarded online
- Cyberdemon rockets now spawn with the correct offset
- Uzi does a hair more damage
- Added bullet tracers because sure why not
- fixed: bullet decals were totally broken because i broke them in the last version.
- fixed: the RL shared DECORATE properties with the chaingun including ammo and name tag
- bullet tracers now follow the chaingun's perfect accuracy when chaintapping
- squishy bounce sounds for gibs
- better xdeath for the revenant
- fixed: the CyberSnake and Force-a-Nature would never spawn because I broke them in the last version.
- Heresiarch barons can no longer be pained during their attack. So get tf outta the way bitch. Slowed their movement speed too because holy shit
- buffed uzi even more. will roll it back if it feels too OP but with these monsters i doubt it.
- Added the Flamethrower! Slot 5, has a 20% chance of replacing a RL spawn.
- Added 2 new sidearms, the Taser and the Healing Staff!
- Added 3 new classes! One for each of the current sidearms. (until Zandro's account system is finished and i can make abilities unlockable and saved between sessions)
- zombiemen no longer drop chainguns and chainguns no longer randomly spawn where clips should be
- Fixed: Most of the weapons didn't have Spawn states ......... yeahhhh ...
- Fixed: revenant melee did no damage
- nerfed the warrior baron melee because holy shit
- kulraths no longer leave a particle fountain when they die
- Fixed: altfires were broken on fist and chainsaw
- added even more missing GLDEFS lights
- Fixed: the Unmaker would never spawn
- Gave the Council Member a max target range of 1024. Have yet to replace his a_viletarget call for summoning hydras with something more clever (sorry Popsoap)
- lots of other small fixes
- Healers can now see other players' health! Very useful.
- nerfed the CyberSnake's fireballs because holy shit. made him run faster tho
- fixed: the healing crystal's sprite clipped into the ground
- Added the Nightmare Cacodemon from Doom64: Absolution!
- Better sounds for most of the new monsters!
- Slowed down the Warrior Baron a lot and dropped his health from 1500 to 1400.
- Fixed: The Abbreviator's volcanoes were invisible online.
- Better spawning method for the Council Member's hydras. You're welcome, Popsoap! Council members also have a better ranged attack that's similar to the R667 Diabolist.
- Decreased the Lasher's melee range because holy shit
- Nerfed the Baboon Demon a tiny bit.
- better bullet decals, took them from Striker's SD64 UDM3 patch.
- Better sounds for SSG and Healing Staff, and better ricochet sounds.
- Improved Diablo. He's still a super rare spawn though so you'll probably never see him.
- Players now drop sidearm ammo for other players when they die.
- Health, armor, backpacks, and spheres no longer respawn unless sv_respawnsuper is on.
- Fixed those ugly startup errors pertaining to AeniBlood actors being defined more than once.
- Added the Railgun and Nailgun!
- Removed the classes. Players now start with all sidearms and can choose which to equip. (check the key bind menu)
- HUD improvements.
- Fixed some bugginess with sidearm raise/lower animations.
- Flamethrower now spawns fire on walls and ceilings in addition to floors.
- Flamethrower no longer gibs.
- Increased Unraveller spawn chance.
- Nerfed the ram attack of the Manticore and its derivatives because holy shit
- Fixed: The flamethrower weapon would disappear and lock up if you ran out of sidearm ammo.
- Added an alternate sprite for the chaingun guy and gave the original one a different attack style.
- Better taser effects.
- The enslaved fanatic now makes a quiet hissing sound when he's running around.
- Fixed: Chainguns dropped by chaingunners couldn't be picked up.
- Fixed: You couldn't pick up more than the non-backpack amount of sidearm ammo even with the backpack.
- Fixed the "see other players' HP" script because I broke it in the last version LOL
- Buffed the nailgun.
- Nerfed the Deathbrawler's ground explosion attack.
- Nerfed the Council Member's A_Fire attack.
- Nerfed Baboon Demon. Again.
- Nerfed Cybersnake. lern2dodge
- Nerfed Warrior Baron. You guys are pussies.
- Better chaingun animation.
- Better flamethrower balance. Also gave fire-type enemies more resistance to it.
- Added the Firestorm, Rifle, and Revenant Cannons! Thanks, TheBarge.
- Added grenades and kicking! Thanks x2, TheBarge.
- Very good explosion and smoke effects. Thanks x3, dude.
- Nerfed the council member's archvile fire, his lightning, and his melee.
- Barely nerfed the Venom Lord's melee.
- Nerfed deathbrawler spike attack.
- Decreased Nightmare Caco spawn chance.
- Fixed: Kamikaze bomber's radius was 30 instead of 20, causing him to get stuck.
- Bullet tracers no longer clip through actors and thin walls.
- Taser no longer alerts monsters.
- Nerfed the Lasher's fireballs as well as his melee.
- Increased Unraveller spawn chance.
- Zombieman now makes rifle sound instead of pistol.
- Nerfed the Warrior Baron's poison attacks.
- Increased gib sprite scale.
- Fixed: Gibbed harpy imps would remain floating.
- Fixed: Deathbrawler variants didn't pass their color translations onto their gibs.
- Limited the range of the Abbreviator's volcano summon.
- Added -COUNTKILL to the Council Member's hydras because they screwed up the monster count.
- Added A_CheckReload to the FireStorm's firing sequence.
- Increased the Aeniblood pool model's scale as well as the wall smears and droplets.
- Fixed: The hellknight obituary had no punctuation.
- The Javelin baron's melee now makes a shank sound instead of a punch.
- Lowered the Rifle's weapon selection priority to lowest.
- Brighter explosions and more visible shrapnel.
- Finally added a muzzle flash for the Nailgun.
- Better-looking and more optimized explosions.
- Fixed floating gibbed bodies.
- Fixed: Using the uzi with the railgun would spam the wall with BFG decals.
- Halved the volume of the plasma gun's idle humming because it was annoying.
- Nailgun nails and plasma now pass through allies.
- Buffed the Flamethrower a tiiiiny bit.
- Gibs fly farther and spawn their own blood decals now.
- Fixed some glitchyness regarding switching sidearms. You can switch faster now too.
- The alternate chaingunguy now does a chaintap and runs faster.
- Made direct hits from the Healing Staff more effective. Also extended the range.
- Fixed: Liquid patches used as midtextures would cut off at 64 Y units. (Thanks, Doomenator!)
- Small improvements like sounds and weapon animations.
- ZAN 3.0: Hitscans now pass through allies.
- ZAN 3.0: Added pretty shaders to the nightmare monsters and various effects throughout the mod.
- Cut flamethrower ammo usage by 33% to make it more useful.
- Better Rifle and Plasma sounds thanks to Doomenator!
- Fixed: If you died while throwing a grenade or kicking, you would do it upon respawning.
- Fixed the Taser's buggy A_Explode behavior.
- Grenades now pass through allies. Kicks too. And Unmaker lasers. Should be everything now lol
- Added the Bruiser, and a Revenant variant!
- Better animations for the Pistol and Rifle.
- FIXED: Unmaker upgrades didn't spawn at all. :(
- Fixed some missing GL lights definitions.
- Better blood spray and puddles.
- Changed the Nightmare Spectre's shader effect from "warp" to "warp2" to be less ugly.
- Fixed an online desync bug where players would start with more than one sidearm selected.
- Better blank barrel (burning barrel) replacement: The napalm barrel!
- Better pistol sound.