These ladders can be climbed by pressing use, and after pressing use, you can navigate by your movement keys. But it also has some other interesting features:
- Jumping off ladders, or jumping from one ladder to another ladder.
- you can only move when you are facing the ladder, you can look away to look around, but you won't be able to move.
- Support for multiple ladders at different heights on 1 line (3d ladders, if you will).
- Traverse around corners to reach another ladder (a la Tomb Raider)
- Works online (you can be with more than 1 player on one ladder).
I cleaned up the code a bit. Plus I decided to start adding an edge grabbing system. So you can now reach any higher surface by just grabbing and pushing yourself up. The jump and grab system is still limited and I am going to implement some additional features.
I've done a lot of testing on the ladders and they work quite flawlessly (I've done a lot of testing). These ladders are already in use in this mod. Defining a ladder using this is really simple: you only need to define the properties of the ladder.
I included the source, the compiled ACS the resource wad containing the compiled ACS, a necessary DECORATE file and graphics. In addition there is also a demonstration map with a small parcour. This can also be seen in the video.
Here is a video thats shows the system in action: