There's just something so primal, so simple, so fun about that.
Push is a Last Man Standing gameplay modification I shat out in an hour replicating exactly that. In Push, your goal is simple: Knock enemies off onto instant-death floors, and stay on the arena as long as possible. Gameplay emphasizes skill and quick reflexes above all else. Get accurate and knock enemies off into pits. Figure out how to survive being thrown into the abyss. Think fast and act faster, and you just might be the last one standing.
You're given absolute minimal equipment so you can focus on strategy. Laser guns that do no damage but have extremely high knockback, Primary fire shoots a laser that doesn't do a lot of push, but is very accurate and very, very fast. Secondary fire lobs an energy grenade that has short range and arcs downward, but has massive amounts of knockback and can rocketjump like nothing else. Gauntlets that can send people careening off into the distance with a single (lucky) blow. And a double-jump to help with recovery.
It's all so simple. So, so simple. And it's short, too--matches barely last any longer than three minutes. Any longer, and drones come in to mop up whatever people remain.
Interested in some popcorn fun? Interested in pushing people around? Or just interested in trying something different?
Give it a shot. You might like it.
Download: http://www.[bad site]/download?file=push-v0.7.pk3 (61.7 megs)
Dropbox Mirror: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vae6c2d8xu6m55c/push-v0.7.pk3
Server: :: [BE] Montreal :: Push It to the Limit
IRC channel: #anakeion (on Zandronum network, obviously)
Spoiler: Mapping information (Open)If you're interested in helping with Push, the biggest thing we could use at the moment is maps. We already have 70, but the more the merrier.
Mapping for Push is extremely simple, considering how the maps are all basically just "large arena and instant-kill floor". Detailing and fancy work is generally minimal, emphasis is on making an arena with an interesting layout and easy-to-maneuver architecture.
I dumped out the first map in, like, ten minutes and people seemed to like it. Weird!
If you're so inclined (and we would deeply appreciate your efforts), requirements are as follows:
- Hexen or UDMF format (UDMF preferred).
- Instant-kill floor.
- Very large layout. Most maps are generally around the 10240-unit limit.
- Tracker music. Tracker music has both high quality and a small filesize. If you're not familiar with tracker music, don't worry and I'll pick a track for it.
- Don't make goatse.
- That's pretty much it.
- I'm gonna get some hot chocolate.
Please either post submissions in the thread, pm them to me, or post them in the IRC.
Spoiler: Credits (Open)- Gun sprite drawn by Sgt. Shivers.
- Laser trails by ijon tichy.
- Double-jump system by ijon tichy.
- Player sprites edited from Mars 3D and Strife.
- Dunked smoke from Marathon.
- Defense Drone sprites by Revae.
- Push laser sprites by Eriance.
- Force Gauntlet sprites by Riet.
- Critical error code coded by Kyle873.
- Push grenade sprites from Freedoom.
- hudmessageonactor by Caligari87.
- Pusher Cacodemon on Push17 by IdeIdoom.
- Falling stars on Push42 coded by KeksDose.
- p_playerdrone ACS coded by Marrub.
- Powerup graphics for push69 from:
^- Doraemon: Minna de Asobo! (Time freeze)
^- Take 2 Heaven (Cloaking device)
^- Mega Run: Redford's Adventure (Flight, Double firing speed)
^- All Kamen Rider: Rider Generations 2 (Extra Push)
^- Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Invulnerability)
- F1 help screen and intermission images drawn by Sgt. Shivers.
- M_DOOM graphic by Mr. Setharoo and Smoke_Fumus.
- D_DM2INT is from Extreme Pinball.
- D_DM2TTL is Push & Pull by ((dynamic)).
- Other music is credited in MapInfo.
- PUSH02, PUSH04, PUSH09, and PUSH57 by Sgt. Shivers.
- PUSH03 by Roman6a.
^- Textures from Quake (except for the lava).
- PUSH05 and PUSH18 by Dewce.
- PUSH06 by DRL 3.33.
- PUSH07 and PUSH14 by OnePunch-Man.
^ PUSH14 textures by Agaures.
- PUSH08 by Mike12.
- PUSH10 by Darsycho.
- PUSH11, PUSH43, PUSH53, and PUSH56 by IdeIdoom.
^- Textures by Cyb, taken from void.wad
- PUSH12 by Aquasa.
^ Skybox taken from Cybercrime 3.
- PUSH15, PUSH17, PUSH39, and PUSH40 by UnholyPimpin.
- PUSH16 by Seryder.
- PUSH19, PUSH32, PUSH51, PUSH60, and PUSH62 by PresidentPeople.
^ Duke3D textures, water fountain and palm tree sprites from Realm 667.
^ Folding chair and potted plant from Doom Vacation.
^ Sky from PSX Doom TC.
^ Sand texture from Armageddon2v63.
- PUSH20 by Combinebobnt.
- PUSH21 by Hypnotoad.
^- Duke3D textures taken from Duke Nukem 3D, obviously.
- PUSH22 by Butt_Ghost.
^- Textures taken from cc4-tex.
- PUSH23 and PUSH26 by W1D3A55.
- PUSH24 by Esselfortium.
- PUSH26 by gaydad420.
^- Skybox from Sonic Advance 2.
^- Water from Metroid Fusion.
- PUSH27, PUSH45, and PUSH61 by Gothic.
^- Textures from Quake.
- PUSH28 by Sgt. Shivers, Kyle873, Seryder, and TerminusEst13.
^- Textures from HacX.
- PUSH29 by Lego.
^- Textures from Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch.
- PUSH30 by MrSetharoo.
^- Textures from (where else?) StarTropics.
- PUSH31 and PUSH50 by Kurashiki.
- PUSH10 and PUSH33 by Tango.
^- PUSH10 textures taken from 8-Bit Deathmatch.
^- Water texture by didy.
^- Sky texture taken from Odamex CTF.
^- owall and oconcr taken from Ola Bjorling's Darkening E2).
^- Vegetation taken from Exhumed, Captain Toenail, and didy.
- PUSH34, PUSH49, PUSH55, PUSH63, and PUSH68 by Infirnex.
^- Ice textures taken from Mageslayer.
^- PUSH68 textures taken from TXGREY
- PUSH35 by Madokage.
^- Textures from Yume Nikki.
- PUSH36 by Rofl25.
^- Textures from Smash Bros. N64.
- PUSH37 and PUSH42 by Mystical.
^- Textures taken from HDoom and his big fat windy bottom.
- PUSH38, PUSH52, and PUSH64 by UniversalQuantifier.
- PUSH41 and PUSH67 by GuardSoul.
- PUSH44, PUSH46, PUSH48, PUSH54, and PUSH65 by Gardevoir.
- PUSH47 by Smoke_Fumus.
^- Textures from Shadow Warrior and Duke Nukem 3D.
- PUSH58 by MartyKirra.
- PUSH59 by Untitled.
- PUSH66 by Deadon.
^- Textures from Mr. Gimmick.
- PUSH69 by Gardevoir and Guardsoul.
- PUSH70 by Yholl.
^- Skybox by plums.