They are awarded every two kills, five infections and to a random survivor in escape maps.
Spoiler: Bonuses effects (Open)Humans
• Kevlar vest : will absorb one zombie scratch. A human with a kevlar needs two scratches to get infected.
• Firepower Upgrade : Damage caused is multiplied by 1.3
• Energy Drink : Unlimited sprint for 30 seconds. Instantly refills health and weapons magazines.
• Tiredness : Speed reduced to 0.9 for 60 seconds.
• Syringe : curative item that turns a zombie into a human. A cured human can no longer get infected and will be scratched to death instead.
• Speed serum : Increases speed (x1.1)
• High-jump : Lasts 90 seconds
• Vulnerability : Damage taken increased by 50%
Spoiler: Bonuses list (Open)Humans
• DoubleShotgun (15%)
• Jack's gun (15%)
• Kevlar vest (15%)
• Firepower upgrade (15%)
• Fire Crystal (10%)
• Holy Cross (10%)
• Unusual effect (5%)
• Energy Drink (5%)
• Tiredness (5%)
• Nothing (5%)
• Syringe (30%) (available only for non initial zombies)
• Speed serum (20%)
• High-Jump (20%)
• Unusual effect (10%)
• Vulnerability (10%)
• Nothing (10%)
More than cosmetic effects, they come with a falling damage reduction (75% absorbed).
Spoiler: Effects preview (Open)
26 achievements can be unlocked and will be stored in your .ini file.
Spoiler: Achievements list (Open)
• Epidemic! : As a mother zombie, infect everyone. (requires more than 6 humans)
• It's not over yet! : Infect a human when less than 10 seconds are remaining (ZM only)
• Preventive Infection! : Infect someone as soon as you get selected.
• Relapse! : Scratch a human that got cured.
• Infection Madness! : Get 12 infections in a single round.
• Road Runner! : Infect a human that is panicking.
• Infection Milestone 1, 2, 3! : Accumulate 100, 500, 1000 infections.
• I am a Pirate! : Accumulate 20 Jacksgun kills.
• Supershotgun Supremacy! : Accumulate 5 SSG kills.
• Survival instinct! : Kill a zombie with your handgun.
• Firefighter! : Kill 15 zombies while they are burning.
• Sky gazer! : Kill a zombie in the mid-air.
• Gravedigger! : Kill 5 zombies in a single round.
• Death Priest! : Kill 8 zombies in a single round.
• Hunter Milestone 1, 2, 3! : Accumulate 30, 100, 250 zombie kills.
• Hard to Kill 1, 2! : Survive 10, 20 rounds without dying.
• Is It Safe? : Survive after having panicked (ZE only)
• Only ZE survivor! : Be the only human to survive a ZE map (needs more than 6 humans at start)
• Only ZM survivor! : Be the only human to survive a ZM map (needs more than 6 humans at start)
• Survivor Milestone 1, 2! : Accumulate 50, 100 escapes.
Servers will keep track of a few events. The counters will be reset upon server restart. These values are sent to client once per map max to avoid huge net traffic.
Spoiler: In-game view (Open)
Custom CVARS (serverside)
• zh_disablebonus : allows bonus items disabling (default = false)
• zh_disableunusuals : allows unusual effects disabling (default = false). Disabled unusuals cannot be obtained via the bonus items system.
• zh_disablesprint : allows sprint disabling (default = false)
• zh_afk_cleanup_time : controls the afk cleanup feature in seconds. -1 disables it, cannot be lower than 5 (default = 25)
• zh_old_random : set to true if you want to use the old random function (default = false)
• ZM01 • ZE01 • ZE06
• ZM02 • ZE02 • ZE07
• ZM03 • ZE03 • ZE08
• ZM04 • ZE04 • ZE09
• ZM05 • ZE05 • ZE10
• Gametype : Survival
• DMFlags : 8
• DMFlags2 : 184549376
• CompatFlags : 1048576
• CompatFlags2 : 0
Spoiler: Did you know that... (Open)• DrDoctor's Hospital and Castlevania maps are the only maps that haven't been touched since their initial release?
• Zm05's maze is the exact copy of the maze in Tomb Raider Anniversary?
• The zombies initially had 8000/4000 HP on ZM maps?
• ZH's development actually started in 2007 but went IDLE for two years and a half?
• "Virtual" was supposed to introduce a new weapon : the stinger missile launcher from MGS2? It was developed but never included. Screenshot.
• The 4th beta was never released?
• The achievements system was entirely developed and functional in one single day?
• The mid-air jumping acceleration was initially supposed to be disabled?
• The zombies claws were introduced later? Zombies initially had a knife to infect humans.
• The infection system originally didn't print the infector's name?
• zh-beta14 was supposed to introduce player class morphing for zombies but that idea was abandoned since morphed players cannot crouch?
• The first zh betas were nammed "zm4-betaX.wad", zm standing for "zombie mod"?
• The very first beta (zm4-beta1.wad) contained two maps : ZM01 and ZM02 and was released in August, 2010?
• One full energy bar grants 7,14 seconds of sprint ?
• It takes 286 seconds to recover the full sprint bar ?
• Ze10 is based on an actual Final Fantasy VIII stage ?
• Ze09 is based on a MGS2 stage (ending of the Tanker mission, with Snake) ?
• Ze08 is based on an actual Zombie Horde CSS map ?
• Ze06 is based on a Final Fantasy VII stage (escape of the Shinra building) ?
• Ze05 is based on Final Fantasy VII's opening stage ?
• Zm05 is based on the mansion in Tomb Raider Anniversary ?
• "Virtual" is based on MGS2 Substance VR training, "Variety" missions with Raiden ?
• All players have a mass of 40 instead of 100 ?
• The "Jacks'gun" was introduced with Ze03, a "Pirates of the caribbean" themed map ?
• When fire grenades were introduced, it was possible to perform "grenade jumps" ?
• The HP given to the infected depends on the infector's HP/HP_Max ratio ?
• In early betas, weapons were droppable and could be picked up by zombies resulting in a "human spy" bug ?
• The achievements system's "safety protocol" was dismantled by kgsws, even though the sources were not available ?
• The grenades burning causes twice more damage on ZM maps than on ZE maps ?
• The admin pannel originally didn't require RCON and could be activated by players that had an hardcoded password ?
• The "ZE" and "ZM" maps naming was introduced with zh-beta16 ?
• Grandvoid started hosting ZH on September 18, 2010 (zh-beta14.wad with 6 maps) ?
• The radio (when introduced) was only found in ZE01 Jurassic until it was added to, now ZE15, Runaway ?
• In Beta 1 Zombies had knifes for claws, then later had brown claws ? This was switched to black to match the current Zombie skin.
Beta 27 Sources
• http://xsnake.online.fr/wads/zm_screen/ ... ources.zip