DOWNLOAD (Beta 2): http://www.[bad site]/download?file= ... ats_b2.pk3
How to use:
Load this mod after all other mods. The rest is done automatically. There are commands you can use to tweak things to you liking, or simply to balance the game in some maps/mods.
Spoiler: Commands (Open)
Spoiler: changelog.txt (Open)
This is a multiplayer mod. It saves players' weapons, ammunition, health, armor, keys, and position in map (optional) in case they leave the server, and restores everything to them when they come back.
Special thanks to Positron for implementing the MD5 hash function in ACS.
- Stats saving supports only one million distinct players.
- Stats are not saved on server shutdown. (I will be adding a feature that enables the admins to manually save the stats. Unfortunately I can't make it work automatically)
- Only Doom/Doom2 weapons, ammo types, armor types, and keys are supported. Unknown armor types will be replaced with blue armor after rejoining. Modders will have to modify coop-stats to enable support for custom weapons/ammo-types/armor-types/keys/etc.
- This mod gives every player a unique ID and saves it in the ini. The player uses the same ID for every server, so don't give your ID to anyone. This mod gives no ways to the server host to access their players' IDs. If you suspect that someone is playing under your id, use the coopstats_getnewid command while in game to get a new id.
- Support for stats saving before server shutdown
- Support for more game modes like Survival & Invasion
- A version of the coop stats mod designed for stronghold servers
Spoiler: Reminders for OP (Open)Known bugs:
No known bugs so far. Feel free to report bugs in this thread.
How it works:
Since this is for Zandronum 1.2.2, it doesn't utilize the database feature that's available for Zandronum 1.3+. Instead, everything is done via ACS.
Every player that runs the mod for the first time gets assigned an ID. The ID is made by adding a string of 32 random characters next to the player's name, and putting the whole mess through an MD5 hashing function. The output of the function is the player's ID. On the server side, when a player joins, their ID is being associated with data (stored on the server side) which contains information about the player's weapons, health, armor, ammo, and ammo capacity, and is being automatically updated. When the player leaves the server, the data remains on the server. Once the player rejoins, they get their stuff back from the data associated with their ID.
Because I don't want to wait for Zandronum 1.3. And beacause it's fun.