-DOWNLOAD THE FINAL VERSION HERE-
Me and Argentum made a speedmap pack a while ago where we made a bunch of duel maps in very, very short timelimits based on the map number (map01 took 1 minute, map05 took 5 minutes etc). The results ranged from a bunch of bad maps in the low mapnumbers to some good ones in the higher map ranges. So this time we are going to make another pack with a more realistic, but still fast, time limit of 1 hour per map. Another thing we'll do this run is actually fix errors in maps after they are completed too, so a map isn't ruined by an easily solved flaw. Also, if you want to help out and make a few maps, you can too; just follow the rules and sign up for a slot or two.
[spoiler="SFDM01 - Combinebobnt"][/spoiler]
[spoiler="SFDM02 - Argentum"][/spoiler]
[spoiler="SFDM04 - one_Two"][/spoiler]
[spoiler="SFDM05 - Combinebobnt"][/spoiler]
[spoiler="SFDM07 - Shane"][/spoiler]
[spoiler="SFDM09 - W1D3A55"][/spoiler]
[spoiler="SFDM10 - Combinebobnt"][/spoiler]
[spoiler="SFDM19 - 75"][/spoiler]
[spoiler="SFDM22 - Argentum"][/spoiler]
[spoiler="SFDM28 - Shane"][/spoiler]
- Name maps as SFDM## (replace ## with the map number)
- Boom Format
- Make your map for 16+ players.
- No prefabs or copy pasting other stuff into your map
- Pick a Title/Song/Sky for your map; anything you leave out, we will fill in
- Use only Doom2 Textures and the few we have selected in the pack
- Make sure the map works without jump, crouch, or freelook.
- Don't put exits in the map.
Red: Map is unfinished
Orange: Map has not been edited/tested at all.
Yellow: Map is ready for online testing.
White: Map is finished
SFDM02 - Argentum
SFDM03 - Combinebobnt
SFDM04 - one_two
SFDM05 - Combinebobnt
SFDM06 - Combinebobnt
SFDM07 - Shane
SFDM08 - Combinebobnt
SFDM09 - W1D3A55
SFDM10 - Combinebobnt
SFDM11 - Argentum
SFDM12 - Combinebobnt
SFDM13 - Combinebobnt
SFDM14 - Argentum
SFDM15 - Combinebobnt
SFDM16 - W1D3A55
SFDM17 - Shane
SFDM18 - W1D3A55
SFDM19 - [IFOC]75
SFDM20 - Argentum
SFDM21 - Shane
SFDM22 - Argentum
SFDM23 - Combinebobnt
SFDM24 - Argentum
SFDM25 - W1D3A55
SFDM26 - Combinebobnt
SFDM27 - Shane
SFDM28 - Shane
SFDM29 - Combinebobnt
SFDM30 - Argentum
SFDM31 - Combinebobnt
SFDM32 - Argentum
SFDM33 - Combinebobnt (old sfdm15)
SFDM34 - Serj Enhmo
SFDM35 - Nightmare[/spoiler]
- Don't bother too much with aligning every texture perfectly or with bunches of little detail sectors. Detailing really should just be selecting textures and maybe aligning the ones that need it most.
- Having everything already planned out before starting is a good idea.
- Don't waste too much time trying to create perfect geometery.
- 1 hour is not an excuse to make a lazy or purposely bad map. Make sure you are still putting in effort.
Free Stopwatch Program
A Small Guide I wrote in an Hour[/spoiler]