Spoiler: New monster action (Open)Features:
-Hitscans are replaced with yellow arcade shooter bullets
-Monsters are deadlier; faster, more health, stronger and more projectiles.
-Weapons have been made stronger and have altfire modes.
-Monsters have pain state counter attacks, which is usually either a burst fire or massive stream of projectiles.
-Instant weapon switching for that Gun-fu action
-Custom difficulty settings (with info on each):
0 - Easy: Double ammo, quarter damage, Easy things spawned
1 - Normal: Half damage, Normal ammo, Normal things spawned
2 - Hard: Normal Damage, Half ammo, half monster aggressiveness, hard mode things
3 - Lunatic: Half ammo, 5x damage, full aggressiveness, Hard things spawned
4 - Death Trap: One hit kills, full aggressiveness, Nightmare spawn filter, slower projectiles via hacky ass FastMonsters dickery in the DECORATE, Normal ammo.
-Works in all game modes
-All monsters and weapons altered, works best in WADs with no custom monsters.
- Experimental "Tazer" chainsaw replacement which works brilliantly at close range (You still get the old chainsaw you start with, I just wanted something to take its place on maps :v)
- Beam Cannon replaces berserk as a "Master Spark" style weapon.
To be done:
- Better projectile effects
- Implement lives and other cvars
- Maybe a Skulltag addon in case anyone wants to tempt the old Invasion maps with this
makumusic.wad - Various MIDIs I thought would fit DoomMaku's action. For Doom II.
eMaku.wad - Weapons on steroids for playing Drown in Blood and other slaughter wads with.
Spoiler: Some tips (Open)If you would like to collaborate in real time, arrange testing sessions for multiplayer (primarily coop or survival but DM would be fine too), hop on the new IRC channel, #AquasDen at Zandronum's server.
CHANGES FROM ORIGINAL TO 0.2
- Added Beam Cannon
- Nerfed some bullets
- Extended monster painstates to make painlocking easier
- Lowered radius and height of most projectiles to make them easier to dodge
- emaku addon updated accordingly
- makumusic updated for the hell of it