Christmas Extravaganza Map Pack '13
The Christmas Extravaganza Map Pack started in 2010 as a set of Skulltag deathmatch levels with Christmas graphics. In the years since, it has grown to include a single-player competitive campaign and its own little twists on Doom’s gameplay. Our current set of maps are for deathmatch and deathmatch-compatible gamemodes (Last Man Standing, Terminator, etc.).
The project has been carried on over the past three years by a small, ever changing team of mappers and coders who’ve built on and improved the project, starting in August to release a new update in December. We hope to return year after year to improve the pack and provide a unique, fun experience to Zandronum on Christmas!
- Made in Doom II for Zandronum
- Requires skulltag_actors.pk3 & skulltag_data.pk3 as resources
- Designed for: Singleplayer Campaign & Multiplayer
[spoiler=Guidelines for mappers]General:
- Make sure the map plays well in Deathmatch mode with 4-24 players.
- The theme should be Christmas (obviously), but not necessarily winter (if you want space or the southern hemisphere, for instance) -- naturally many of the existing resources also assume snowy weather.
- Detail should be high to moderate: make it pretty without killing FPS.
- This project is for Zandronum: you do not have to worry about compatibility with other ports.
- Please keep it software compatible (e.g. nothing too dark, no sloped 3-D floors, no more 3-D floors than SW can handle).
- We would like maps to be bot-friendly for the singleplayer campaign, but it is not a priority.
- Jumping will be enabled, but crouching will not.
- Use anything you want in skulltag_data.pk3 and CEMP12_v1.2.pk3.
- You may add your own textures, things, music, etc., but don't go overboard.
- Also please include credits so we don't have to go on a scavenger hunt for them.
[spoiler=Other]Consider having an "anomaly"; see CMP01's ACS for a good example.[/spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Servers][BE] New York :: Christmas Extravaganza Map Pack Deathmatch[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Gameplay]A few of the weapons and powerups have been altered:
Attack speed is slightly increased, both with and without berserk
Now three times as powerful as before, the Chainsaw also drives the
wielder ahead whenever it is used.
The pistol is now more accurate and twice as powerful as before, making
it a viable weapon in a pinch, although not ideal.
Accuracy is greatly reduced, making the minigun more of a close-range
weapon. It also takes a moment to get up to speed, so the initial shots
are slower, albeit more accurate.
In addition to their explosive effect, rockets leave a deadly patch of
flames for anyone foolish enough to remain in the area. These flames
can injur the firer as well, so beware!
In addition to their explosive effect, grenades explode into a spray of
shrapnel that can bounce around a room. Unlike the rockets' fire, this
shrapnel does not harm the shooter.
This new weapon is similar to a plasmarifle, but fires slower for more
damage per shot. It will freeze anything in its arc, but look out for
Cryo-railblaster (Railgun replacement)
The railblaster is a powerful single-shot gun firing frozen slugs that
penetrate multiple targets with ease. The first target in each slug's
path will also suffer an icy detonation. The slug will pierce armor
unaffected; the explosion will not. You can fire the railblaster at the
ground to "railjump," but be careful not to freeze yourself!
The BFG is mostly unchanged, but the projectile leaves tiny explosions
in its wake. They're probably not enough to kill anything, but they
will wear you down if you run forwards while firing.
The 10k's rate of fire is reduced, and its hitscan was changed to a
projectile. Each shot eats twenty cells instead of five.
Once you switch to fist, you'll run 20% faster and jump twice as high.
Picking up berserk won't automatically switch to fist, though.
Additionally, all weapons switch twice as fast, unless the server has
the "sv_cemp_nofastswitch" CVar set.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Downloads]- This year's releases -
2013 CEMP12 patch -- cemp12u13v3
- Past releases -
cemp12 final 1.2: CEMP12_v1.2
cemp12 final 1.0: CEMP12_v1.0, CEMP12_v1.1patch
cemp12 beta: CEMP12_beta1.3
cemp12 indev: Resource v0.24, Map v0.31
CEMP11 (2011 release), CEMP11-noJolt (Optional patch to disable jolts from weapons.)
CEMP10 (Initial 2010 release)[/spoiler]
[spoiler=CEMP Dev Team]MytiS - Sprites, Level Design, ACS, Decorate
Qent - Level Design, ACS, Decorate
- Level Designers -
PUN1SH3R - Logo design
- Contributors -
Mando - Project Initiator
TheMisterCat - Sounds, Graphics
Pottus - ACS
Dusk - ACS, Decorate
Goliath - Testing
Further credits available in wadinfo lump.[/spoiler]