(Formally Super UDM3)
- 4-Way Support - Play with up to four teams! Highly recommended.
- Team-based Player Clipping - You'll clip through teammates, but still bump into enemies. (Without sv_unblockplayers, which is bugged with this) This makes the more cramped maps much more playable with lots of players. (broken in v15 beta)
- Team-based Projectile Clipping - Your rockets and plasma do not explode when they hit a teammate! (They go through)
- Team-Colored Projectiles - To go hand-in-hand with the above, Rockets and Plasma are Team-Colored, so you'll know what you should avoid!
- Team-based Pain Sounds & Taunts - Each team has their own taunt, and pain sounds.
- Ammo collection dropping - If someone has over double the default starting stock of an ammo type, they will drop some of it, helping to keep a richer ammo supply without overdoing it.
- Minimalistic Gore Mod - Shooting someone with an SSG has a chance to blow a player's torso in half. Rockets can do the same as well.
- New Sounds - New weapon sounds, some made from scratch by me(SSG Reload, Pistol Fire), others are either slightly or heavily modified sounds from other games.
- Doom 64-Inspired Visual Style and Palette -Weapon Sprites from Doom 64, with reloading frames by Cage, and a new dark and gritty palette to fit them. Decorations are replaced as well.
- Hit Markers - Know when you've hit your target, indicated by a white or team-colored X on your screen.
- Shotgun and Chaingun Re-balancing - The shotgun now fires 10 pellets, rather than 7, to balance it with the SSG. The chaingun packs a slightly more powerful punch now too.
- Teleportable Rockets - Rockets can be shot through teleporters to take care of teleport campers, or to send an unexpected delivery to whatever poor sod who may be on the other side.
- New BFG Mechanics - The BFG's spray originates from the center of the blast outward, rather than a cone from the player who fired it. Also, to curb spam, you can end up killing yourself if you're too close.
- New Maps - New maps inspired by the UDM3 gameplay style. There are also a few maps based on other, more experimental themes. (Lump Name: DM##)
- Not all Doom 2 Textures are replaced yet, so there's some texture mixing/clashing.
- Some texture layers are missing in Software mode. Latest ZDoom doesn't have this problem. Zandro is out of date by several years.
- The player unblocking is not working in v15 beta. Will fix soon.
- The spinning blade on MAP19 doesn't work, due to this bug - http://zandronum.com/tracker/view.php?id=1138
- Team-colored teleport fogs don't work, I need this in order to complete them - http://zandronum.com/tracker/view.php?id=1133
- Will add questions as I answer them
- Make hitscans travel through team-mates... needs this first though: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=34315
- Add re-creation of "The Absolution" TC for single-player.
Code: Select all
June 2nd, 2013 - (V15) Another overhaul. Almost every Doom2 texture replaced with colorized Doom64 textures, and some custom ones. Many bugs fixed, new sprites, new weapon behaviors, smooth Doom64 reloads, etc... the list is so huge I could go on for ages. November 2nd, 2012 - (V14) Complete overhaul of visual theme, and many fixes. Smooth weapons scrapped in exchange for Doom 64 Shotgun/SSG reloads by Cage. New sounds as well. This is the first step into migrating SuperUDM3 into it's own independent project, as a remake of a very old project of mine. October 29, 2012 - (V13) More changes than I care to list, or can even remember at the time being... Lots of bug fixes, New HUD, a new map, etc.. October 20, 2012 - (V12) Added MAP19, Tweaked MAP18 a little, Re-coded player split death, added new death animations, made new plasma projectile sprites (better color), Increased Plasma Projectile Speed but Slowed down fire rate to reduce spam. Added ROTT textures and a few actors (springpad, blade trap.) for MAP19. October 19, 2012 - (V11) Added new BFG Mechanics. Added one new voice clip to Red Team. Added Recoil Animation to SSG. Made Pistol Semi-Auto. Fixed gibbing animation online. Added some more weapon pickups to MAP18 and fixed need for jumping. October 18, 2012 - (V10) Fixed some more bugs, hopefully. Fixed SSG Timing. Rewritten Hit Marker code. New Explosion Sprites. Made plasma harder to get on MAP17, added new map (MAP18: Poo Tis Pow - By: Gosimer). October 17, 2012 - (V9) FUCK! Another bug... fixed. I need to stop releasing so fast so I can detect these. October 17, 2012 - (V8) Argh... Fixed a serious bug with bullet puffs. Added New gib sequence, and Team-Colored BFG Balls/spray. October 17, 2012 - (V7) Fixed issues with player clipping, requires sv_unblockplayers to be 0 though, so opposing teams can telefrag. Added death sounds, corpse cue for torso, and improved MAP17 a bit. October 17, 2012 - (V6) Added Win/Lose pics and music, Compressed sounds to OGG, fixed a few minor bugs, and added a new map (MAP17 - Stay Frosty) and some music. October 15, 2012 - Initial Release (v5 due to internal testing)
Code: Select all
StrikerMan780 - Weapon/Teleport Sounds, All Decorate/ACS Code, some Sprites, MAP17, MAP19 Gosimer - MAP18 KunaiKitsune - MAP20, Player Split Death Sprites Footman - Doom 64 HUD Clan Shadow Mavericks - Playtesting, Assistance in gathering player sounds Jimmy - Font Cage - Doom 64 Shotgun/SSG Reloads ID Software - Player Split Sprites Midway - Doom 64 Sprites
Code: Select all
[SM] Super Doom 64 + UDM3 - TDM ~ [220.127.116.11:10671]