[ALPHA] Zombie Torrent 2 - Coop Survival Invasion

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Zedek The Plague Doctor

Clan: OLAF METAL
Clan Tag: [OLAF]

[ALPHA] Zombie Torrent 2 - Coop Survival Invasion

Post by Zedek The Plague Doctor » Tue May 31, 2016 7:09 am

Image Image
What is Zombie Torrent 2?

The product of several years' worth of work, Zombie Torrent 2 is a cooperative invasion mod for Doom and Doom II. Inspired by the likes of Killing Floor, ZT2 uses a wave-based gamemode with a between-wave trader time. Each game lasts 10 waves, the last ending in a showdown with a final boss. When the boss is defeated, the next level is played. Several KF-esque additions are also added to the mod, such as selectable voicepacks and an optional slot machine system.

Available Maps:

Only a handful of "official" ZT2 maps exist, but more will be added as time goes on. Feel free to make your own as well.
[fieldset]MAP01: The Octagoth (By Zedek the Plague Doctor)
MAP02: VR Revision (By Zedek the Plague Doctor)
MAP03: The Cemetery (By Zedek the Plague Doctor)
MAP04: Necrophilic Funhouse (By Zedek the Plague Doctor)
MAP05: Toy Block Tower (By Zedek the Plague Doctor)
[/fieldset]What can I expect?
  • • Wave-based invasion system coded from scratch, runs in Cooperative / Survival
    • A wide arsenal of powerful and interesting weaponry
    • Functional and specially-designed gore system
    • Specially designed and tested for multiplayer combat
    • Extensive CVars to tweak the mod to your liking
    Extreme moddability, ACS designed by modder(s) for modders
    • Selectable perks with bonuses
    • Extensive playlist, showing song and artist
    Zedek's junk coding WIP alpha status
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image [media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cy4WqN-DK4[/media]
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0Up6uWNEjY[/media]
Clone the GitHub repository
Alternatively, use one of the older pre-packaged downloads below:
Zombie Torrent 2
Latest version: 2.6
Contains ZT2, modding examples, and two additional maps.

Image Image

Zombie Torrent 2: Editing Pack
Last Updated: 5/31/2016
Contains Photoshop templates, map files, guides, and more. For modders.

Image Image

You can also download the files from MEGA links at the official website on
Valhalla Game Plays
As of right now, Zombie Torrent 2 is in ALPHA STATUS. After years of work, it's making its first public release. As it stands, this is basically a solo project and I've done 90% of the work on it. Unfortunately, my coding is very sloppy and the mod needs a lot of improving. However, I and others believe it has potential. Your testing is appreciated, and suggestions are more than welcome. ZT2 is my grubby firstborn child and I can't take care of it alone!

If you're curious about anything then post in the thread or let me know, I'm willing to answer any and all questions. Some things might be a little hard to understand, but I'm willing to help. I hope you enjoy the mod as much as I did making it.
Abbuw wrote:zt2 is a kickass mod about shooting zombies with guns until they die and sometimes flamethrowers and rocket launchers
Mod Team:
  • Zedek the Plague Doctor: Mod founder, site creator, AKA everything
    Cattle666: Valhalla Game Plays host, mod tester
    LadySlash: Mod tester
    OrdinaryFarcide: Music selection, mod tester
    abbuw: Mod co-founder, mapper
Credits:
I added too much junk to credit properly, post your name and shout out if you went uncredited.

Bloax, abbuw, Marty Kirra, CaptJ3, Freesound.org, id Software, Tripwire Interactive, Untrustable, TheFunktasm, and a whole bunch of unnamed people!

If you want to drop in for a game, Valhalla Game Plays has a dedicated server specially-designed for ZT2.
Thanks for playing.
Last edited by Zedek The Plague Doctor on Sun May 07, 2017 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fused
Contributor

[ALPHA] Re: Zombie Torrent 2 - Coop Survival Invasion

Post by Fused » Tue May 31, 2016 9:58 am

I approve of this mod.
My mods
Image Image

My socials
Image Image

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Tue May 31, 2016 11:02 am

This is Cacoward-worthy!!

I remember when you first started this. It seemed like only yesterday. Amazing effort you put into this.

Btw, how smoothly does the mouse in the trader menu function online? I assume you made the pointer-moving part of the script clientside. And does it break for players like me who use inverted-Y aim?
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Marrub
New User

Post by Marrub » Tue May 31, 2016 12:16 pm

Inverted mouse is also inverted in menus! AAAAAAAAAAA

Zedek The Plague Doctor

Post by Zedek The Plague Doctor » Tue May 31, 2016 10:15 pm

Ænima wrote:This is Cacoward-worthy!!

I remember when you first started this. It seemed like only yesterday. Amazing effort you put into this.

Btw, how smoothly does the mouse in the trader menu function online? I assume you made the pointer-moving part of the script clientside. And does it break for players like me who use inverted-Y aim?
Apparently so, yes. And sadly the pointer-moving part of the script is serverside, that's one of the lag-worthy things that needs major work. Maybe sending a puke request to the server when you click with the X and Y coords or something.

Combinebobnt
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Combinebobnt » Tue May 31, 2016 10:18 pm

nice all this progress since imp invasion 5 years ago

from the video this might be the best nazi zombies doom thing I've seen yet

Zedek The Plague Doctor

Post by Zedek The Plague Doctor » Tue May 31, 2016 10:41 pm

Combinebobnt wrote:nice all this progress since imp invasion 5 years ago

from the video this might be the best nazi zombies doom thing I've seen yet
Funny you mention that, I just dug up Imp Attack not too long ago. The foundation of the wave system is still brought from that mod. :wink:

Frits
Forum Regular

Post by Frits » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:24 pm

Played this a little bit today. The mods got a lot of potential but it feels like this was playtested very little for mp.

- Monsters are slow and pose no threat what so ever. Unlike killing floor where you quickly get swarmed, this is a snoozefest while you wait for the monsters to slowly spawn in and shuffle towards you.
- It could use some more interesting monsters and monster variation instead of the shuffle slowly towards you types.
- Monsters can get stuck in their spawn areas.
- Gun balance is wacky and off. for example STEN > all other commando guns except the ravager (recoil is epic though).
- The boss in map03 spawns in the bedroom and can't get out. IT also has more health than you can ever pump bullets into it. After 50 grenades and 1000 bullets not even 1/10th of it's health bar was gone. I didn't see the other bosses because the waves progress so slowly and it's boring to just stand around waiting for monsters to spawn. Provide more action.
- No sound effect when throwing do$h? Unplayable!

Overall it's a cool mod but it really needs some gameplay tweaking.
Last edited by Frits on Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Armitage
Forum Regular
Clan: Exodus
Clan Tag: [E]

Post by Armitage » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:34 am

To elaborate on Frit's remarks further:

-Only the zombie doges pose a threat given their leaping and speed, others are mostly melee and big explosion grenade cannon fodder.
-Demoman's guns are so expensive compared to the other classes, your lucky to get one per map D:
-Apart from the A.I being slow and laughable their are so few mobs, it should be like 50 on 1st wave, then going over 100 for the next ones.
-What is up with the weird rap music? O_O :? xD
"He who hesitates is lost".

cenou
Under Moderation

Post by cenou » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:37 am

This makes my dick hard,

can't wait for more keep it up

Val
New User

Post by Val » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:18 pm

Guess I'll be the first person to make some addons for this great mod.

Video Preview:
phpBB [media]

CS:GO Heavy Phoenix voice pack.
Thought his voice would fit ZT2's atmoshpere.

Weapon Resound.
Default ZT2 weapon sounds felt kinda meh in my opinion, so here's a try at resounding them. I suppose you can put that one in your skins folder if you want to use it on servers.

DOOM 2016 Music.
DOOM 2016 Music with no ACS scripts.
ZT2's music choice is wierd. There are tracks of completely different styles and some of them don't fit at all. Some tracks were overused in many other games and projects before.
There are two versions for you to choose from: ACS and non-ACS.
First one includes a few more tracks than the other one and displays correct labels for music.
Non-ACS version is usable on servers through the use of skins folder, while ACS version is not.

Val
New User

Post by Val » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:01 pm

Also, nerf the damn skulls. Their bash attacks are way to damaging and they can wipe the whole four player team in less than a second by ramming and then firing at point blank.

Zedek The Plague Doctor

Post by Zedek The Plague Doctor » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:32 pm

Frits wrote:Played this a little bit today. The mods got a lot of potential but it feels like this was playtested very little for mp.

- Monsters are slow and pose no threat what so ever. Unlike killing floor where you quickly get swarmed, this is a snoozefest while you wait for the monsters to slowly spawn in and shuffle towards you.
- It could use some more interesting monsters and monster variation instead of the shuffle slowly towards you types.
- Monsters can get stuck in their spawn areas.
- Gun balance is wacky and off. for example STEN > all other commando guns except the ravager (recoil is epic though).
- The boss in map03 spawns in the bedroom and can't get out. IT also has more health than you can ever pump bullets into it. After 50 grenades and 1000 bullets not even 1/10th of it's health bar was gone. I didn't see the other bosses because the waves progress so slowly and it's boring to just stand around waiting for monsters to spawn. Provide more action.
- No sound effect when throwing do$h? Unplayable!

Overall it's a cool mod but it really needs some gameplay tweaking.
I'm not exactly a balance kind of person, that's another reason I posted it here. Feedback is helpful, thank you. Also keep in mind that the boss's health scales based on the amount of players in the game.
Val wrote:Guess I'll be the first person to make some addons for this great mod.

CS:GO Heavy Phoenix voice pack.
Thought his voice would fit ZT2's atmoshpere.

Weapon Resound.
Default ZT2 weapon sounds felt kinda meh in my opinion, so here's a try at resounding them. I suppose you can put that one in your skins folder if you want to use it on servers.

DOOM 2016 Music.
DOOM 2016 Music with no ACS scripts.
ZT2's music choice is wierd. There are tracks of completely different styles and some of them don't fit at all. Some tracks were overused in many other games and projects before.
There are two versions for you to choose from: ACS and non-ACS.
First one includes a few more tracks than the other one and displays correct labels for music.
Non-ACS version is usable on servers through the use of skins folder, while ACS version is not.
I'll keep everything in mind, non-ACS is meant to be used by server hosts to have server-specific music. Something like that. Music suggestions would be appreciated too.
Val wrote:Also, nerf the damn skulls. Their bash attacks are way to damaging and they can wipe the whole four player team in less than a second by ramming and then firing at point blank.
Cranus are pointlessly OP and that's something I noticed, I'll try to fix it in 2.7.

EDIT: The "weird rap music" is more of a proof of concept. That's the Max Anarchy music, leave it out if you'd like. Mostly for modders.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:02 pm

So, since the modding packages are there can i assume its safe to create weapon expansions? nothing over the top, besides I dont think even I could come up with something that beats the Corpse Raper... >_>

Lollipop
Zandrone

Post by Lollipop » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:21 pm

I tried this out with my brother the other day and it was surprisingly easy on even UV. I like that the enemies aren't spawned so fast you don't even know what happens, but they are currently spawned so slowly that you don't even need to headshot them to spawncamp them all to death, with the exception of the chaingunner dudes and the flying skulls, which are annoying rather than challenging anyway.
I would like to see a greater variety of enemies, not that unrealistic number of those annoying dogs, that BTW are the only real threat of the standard enemies, and a unique boss specially made for each map. I understand that the mod is new, but it is something to aim for down the road. :)

I like the overall feel of this mod and I'm quite interested in seeing where this will go in the future. Keep it up, you're doing great.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:39 am

Made this in about 15 minutes time, still needs a reload animation :P
AnimTest.gif
And no, it's not a deagle. it may be animated like one but its a 5.7x28mm pistol and my interpretation of The Order Pistol >_>

If you want to use it Zed, say so and I'll pm the frames for you to tear apart for use in a TEXTURES animation.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Zedek The Plague Doctor

Post by Zedek The Plague Doctor » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:36 pm

Monsoon wrote:So, since the modding packages are there can i assume its safe to create weapon expansions? nothing over the top, besides I dont think even I could come up with something that beats the Corpse Raper... >_>
Weapon upgrades aren't moddable yet, but yes. You can add extra weapons just fine.
Lollipop wrote:I tried this out with my brother the other day and it was surprisingly easy on even UV. I like that the enemies aren't spawned so fast you don't even know what happens, but they are currently spawned so slowly that you don't even need to headshot them to spawncamp them all to death, with the exception of the chaingunner dudes and the flying skulls, which are annoying rather than challenging anyway.
I would like to see a greater variety of enemies, not that unrealistic number of those annoying dogs, that BTW are the only real threat of the standard enemies, and a unique boss specially made for each map. I understand that the mod is new, but it is something to aim for down the road. :)

I like the overall feel of this mod and I'm quite interested in seeing where this will go in the future. Keep it up, you're doing great.
It definitely needs some balancing, enemies were never exactly my thing. But I'll look into it.
Monsoon wrote:-coolgun-
I do need more pistols, I could probably mess around with it. If you want to make the TEXTURES animations then I'll code it, but I really need to flesh out some of the other perks.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:52 pm

I think you've known me long enough to know that I can't into TEXTURES...

Zedek The Plague Doctor

Post by Zedek The Plague Doctor » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:30 pm

I've been very busy lately, I made some minor changes that haven't been put out yet. If you're interested in helping, PM me.

Zedek The Plague Doctor

Post by Zedek The Plague Doctor » Sun May 07, 2017 9:04 pm

Bump. Added a GitHub repository, fixed all of the broken links, and added a new video. Keep track of things on GitHub from now on, things might pick up a bit.