A Beginners Guide to Playing CTF [Video]

Plan tournaments and matches, and initiate challenges here. Prove your inner internet tough guy.
Mobius
Banned
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Banned: Permanently

Re: A Beginners Guide to Playing CTF [Video]

Post by Mobius » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:13 pm

Catastrophe wrote:
Mobius wrote:
Blue wrote:Are you seriously starting again?
It didn't end when you say so. That's why I expunge on the meaning behind my post instead of shitposting up with you. Go read.
Taking that as a yes. Have fun deciphering cheats on your own.
It's a good thing you'd never be a staff here cause you took everything personally.
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

Mobius
Banned

Post by Mobius » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:14 pm

Armour wrote:
Mobius wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:To the trash these shit posts goooo
For Ammar: Why don't you do advance stuff we don't know. I know you're a good player so why don't you just do that? We don't get new players so cut straight to the chase.
If you read the video description I wrote: "I'm thinking of making more videos like this in the future. Suggest me some ideas."

Bruh I will definitely make more videos, this was just a start so calm your boobies.
You would have done a service and lived up to your reputation if you would have done a better starting tutorial from the start.
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

Ru5tK1ng
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:14 pm

I like your video and you put obvious effort into it buuuuut,

no one reads or follows any of the guides that have been made throughout the years. There aren't any new players incoming and the bad players don't improve (much). I'd rather see a frag video or those clutch returns by you.

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Catastrophe » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:17 pm

It's a good thing you'd never be a staff here cause you took everything personally.
That's.... nice? I'm not try to be staff but ok. Dunno what's wrong with you.

edit: this was made for new players, hell dastan even said he actually learned something from the vid. If its helped even one person, its already worth.

Mobius
Banned

Post by Mobius » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:20 pm

Catastrophe wrote:
I made a compilation post to demonstrate how pointless the video is and then you came in and got mad trying to argue it. Then within our back and forth you took it personally and brought up our PM about helping me out with the Zandrohax unprovoked because all you do all day is do nothing play games and got mad for no reason. I think Ammar can do a better job defending his video and doesn't need Incredible bandwagon or maybe just badwagon cause you are bad PR.

See how I brought up something unprovoked just now? Feels good, don't it?

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:25 pm

Mobius wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:
I made a compilation post to demonstrate how pointless the video is and then you came in and got mad trying to argue it. Then within our back and forth you took it personally and brought up our PM about helping me out with the Zandrohax unprovoked because all you do all day is do nothing play games and got mad for no reason. I think Ammar can do a better job defending his video and doesn't need Incredible bandwagon or maybe just badwagon cause you are bad PR.

See how I brought up something unprovoked just now? Feels good, don't it?
Looks like you're the one who took it personally, how amusing. All I did was tell you that some people prefer videos+text rather than text only and it gets escalated this far. Great work.

BTW, you're the one to talk about bandwagon. Slyfox, rust, you, all echoing the same opinion from one clan, stop being a damn hypocrite as always. A3 talking about bandwagoning, ROFL. Put this for the books folks.

Armour

Post by Armour » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:26 pm

I'm just saying it will help players who want to join and get better in the future, you never know. I will definitely make more videos if that what's needed. Like I said Suggest me ideas so I can improve on making videos like this.

Samurai
Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: [LF]

Post by Samurai » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:28 pm

Rust does have a point, sadly it's 2016 and getting new players around here is rare, hell I can't remember the last time a 'new' player came to priv. 10 years ago I think a video guide would have a lot of potential, but now it's hard to find a target audience for it.

Mobius
Banned

Post by Mobius » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:32 pm

How did I take it personally if you're the one like "GOOD LUCK WITH ME HELPING YOU TRYING TO MAKE SENSE OF HACKS" like some sort of nerd. You brought up the whole "video is not text" while there's text on the video all over the video. The video itself is background to the small amount of text you have to read. He would have been better off with a mic and LIVE demonstrations.

A3 bandwagon = Mobius juggling Bluewizard and a little Ammar XD A3 HYPOCRITES
Ammar wrote: I'm just saying it will help players who want to join and get better in the future, you never know. I will definitely make more videos if that what's needed. Like I said Suggest me ideas so I can improve on making videos like this.
Don't hide behind some veneer of altruism. You and I both know that we HARDLY get new players and the scene has been dead for quite awhile. Just make videos with a mic and actual tricks and plays. It would be a better representation and showcase anyway because people are more attracted to stunts than "learning the basics zzz" that no one cares about anyway.

Slyfox
ZanStuff Reviewer

Post by Slyfox » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:33 pm

Aw yea I waited for someone to mention my name, even though my opinion and post was of my own accord. My post was towards ammar in terms of improving what videos on guides he should actually be doing, and mobi's quoted statement is what most accurately summarized my opinion. Go back to your arguing with Mobi, thats a slightly easier slope for you to recklessly slip and slide in.
Armour wrote:Like I said Suggest me ideas so I can improve on making videos like this.
Aite, too easy. Make more advanced guides on specific maps that are played less frequently. Make guides that don't just say 'In order to run, don't run in a straight line.'
Make some non-meta guides that can show a different perspective on how to play CTF, ones that people who typically play said map go 'oh, I actually never tried that unique strategy'.
Last edited by Slyfox on Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ru5tK1ng

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:33 pm

BTW, you're the one to talk about bandwagon. Slyfox, rust, you, all echoing the same opinion from one clan, stop being a damn hypocrite as always. A3 talking about bandwagoning, ROFL. Put this for the books folks.
My statement isn't an opinion, it's fact. How many good players do you know who read any type of guide and elevated their skill? Did Jenova read a guide? Dranzer? Densoa? Soul? Nope.

Making guides is a waste especially the long ass ones made by IDL people. The only way to get good is to apply yourself and simply play. Akin to learning on the job and getting your hands dirty.

Don't drag me into this because my post was towards Ammar and not you. Go play forum ping pong with Mobius else where. I gave Ammar feedback and I'm not shit posting like you are.

Armour

Post by Armour » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:39 pm

Slyfox wrote:Aw yea I waited for someone to mention my name, even though my opinion and post was of my own accord. My post was towards ammar in terms of improving what videos on guides he should actually be doing, and mobi's quoted statement is what most accurately summarized my opinion. Go back to your arguing with Mobi, thats a slightly easier slope for you to recklessly slip and slide in.
Armour wrote:Like I said Suggest me ideas so I can improve on making videos like this.
Aite, too easy. Make more advanced guides on specific maps that are played less frequently. Make guides that don't just say 'In order to run, don't run in a straight line.'
Make some non-meta guides that can show a different perspective on how to play CTF, ones that people who typically play said map go 'oh, I actually never tried that unique strategy'.
See this right here is what's needed, plain and simple. No need to be fighting like hyenas.

Samurai
Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: [LF]

Post by Samurai » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:46 pm

Good post by Sly.

Ammar being one of the most skilled players around here, I think it would be better to see you show players different ways of playing, opposed to the standard way of playing. Maybe show guides on how you exploit certain maps to your benefit (obvious example is RJ'ing on map08). That way you could maybe show existing players a thing or too. I think this sort of approach would be more worthwhile than a guide for new players.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:05 am

i found it helpful because I am newb and the text is soothing. make more, Ammar.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:13 am

mobius your wrong i found who this video can help

RoSKing

Post by RoSKing » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:34 am

A3 could probably take notes instead of playing 2 D and wondering why they never score. Maybe then they would quit dodging games. HEY OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Armour

Post by Armour » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:38 am

RoSKing wrote:A3 could probably take notes instead of playing 2 D and wondering why they never score. Maybe then they would quit dodging games. HEY OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ru5tK1ng

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:44 am

RoSKing wrote:A3 could probably take notes instead of playing 2 D and wondering why they never score. Maybe then they would quit dodging games. HEY OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
We do score and our last scrims we played vs I and HN, we won. Once again speaking without knowing anything. LOL

But, I'm a nice guy so let me give you a guide that can teach you a thing or two. Useful life advice

http://www.michigandui.pro/

Edit: Are you butthurt because I named Jenova as a good player and not you?? :lol:

Mobius
Banned

Post by Mobius » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:59 am

Woah this thread is spiraling out of control real fast cause of me. How about we make this even and Ammar, Cab, and Bluewizard and gank me without attacking A3 since I am the main provocateur. Don't worry though all 3 of you are pretty stupid combined so I don't mind turning this thread into shit on my own.

Shane
Forum Regular
Clan: Renegades
Clan Tag: [R]

Post by Shane » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:16 am

Paragraphs, spoken or visual aids don't help at all unless learned through actually doing it yourself. Although good on you for expanding to the median that do learn by watching it's a unique area to create a guide in rather than just explain a situation then present the perfect solution which might not always be applicable. However more gameplay and maybe even different pov shots, or overlooking in spectator during the same segment would help a lot. I couldn't quite keep up with the text scrawls and fast mouse movement.

Where is a guide on how to be a good priv captain now? Everyone on here plays well enough, but the team building scenario is absolutely horrendous in a lot of cases. I will agree with Mobius in the sense that these guides are beginning to pile up, another one just isn't going to change what there is currently out there.