Inferno Invasion V7.1 [Canceled]

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
TheRPGLPer

Inferno Invasion V7.1 [Canceled]

Post by TheRPGLPer » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:14 pm

I'm sorry guys, but this project is now canceled. If you still want to play it, I will keep the download up. If you want to run it, just load skulltag_data.pk3 and skulltag_actors.pk3 first if you are playing zandronum.

I've lost all of my source files for this game and I think I'm just going to scrap this and start a whole new project all together, so expect some more information soon.

Since this new project will be built entirely in Zandronum (part of my reason to cancel this one), there will be no compatibility patches and I hope to have this one structured in one nice PK3 file and not 7 messy WAD files. This project will also be MUCH LARGER than Inferno Invasion.

Hope you have a good day, and expect an update from me soon.

**Quick note to the Admins: You may close this thread down if you wish or trash it or whatever you wish to do, this particular thread will no longer be updated after today and this game is now 100% unsupported by me.**

Inferno Invasion
Version 7.0

Inferno Invasion is a set of custom invasion maps for skulltag's Invasion gameplay with new classes, monsters, and weapons.

Current Maps: 9

Code: Select all

INV01 - Technology Facility
INV02 - The Cube
INV03 - Demon Castle Redesign (formally Demon Castle)
INV04 - Lava Zone Redesign (formally Lava Zone)
INV05 - The Great Gate
INV06 - The Fortress
INF01 - Marine HQ
INF02 - Glacier
INF03 - Hell Elevator
New Classes: 3

Assault Class: Quick and powerful, the most averaged out class.
Attack: ***
Health: ***
Speed: ***
Heavy Class: Slow and lumbering, but bearing much health and attack.
Attack: ****
Health: ****
Speed: **
Light Class: Fast, but not as strong.
Attack: **
Health: **
Speed: ****
New Weapons: 11 (all from Realm667)

FistRedux - Slot 1
Brand new revamp fists.
Enforcer - Slot 2
New reloadable pistol.
ATK ** SPE ** ACC ****
DukeShotgun - Slot 3
New and powerful shotgun.
ATK **** SPE ** ACC *
SSG - Slot 3
A edited respite for the SSG.
ATK ***** SPE * ACC *
AK47 - Fast and accurate, moderate attack.
ATK ** SPE **** ACC ****
M16 - Faster, great accuracy, and high attack.
ATK **** SPE ***** ACC ****
Hellstorm Cannon - Extremely powerful and deadly close range.
ATK ***** SPE ** ACC *
Grenade Launcher - Launch a strong grenade at your enemies.
ATK **** SPE ** ACC ***
Flamethrower - Very strong, very fast, very accurate. What more could you ask for?
ATK ***** SPE ***** ACC *****
PulseRifle - Not as fast as a plasma rifle, but more powerful.
ATK **** SPE *** ACC ****
Nuclear Missile Launcher - Very rare weapons and limited ammo, use only in life threatening cases.
ATK  ???  SPE  ???  ACC  ??? 
Sniper Rifle - Long Range weapon for taking out enemies one by one from a safe distance.
ATK ***** SPE * ACC *****
New Monsters: 8 (some from Realm667, some made by me)

Annihilator: DIFFUCULTY *****
A very powerful double rocketed cyberdemon. Very dangerous, but only appears in one level.
Darkvile: DIFFUCULTY *****
A strong version of an Arch-Vile. Has more attacks, more life, and revives all types of enemies.
Diabloist: DIFFUCULTY ****
From Delta Invasion, comes these guys, with much more life. Very rare.
Hell Imp: DIFFUCULTY **
A new type of imp that shoots a red rail as his attack.
Rail Cacodemon: DIFFUCULTY ****
A yellow cacodemon with a railgun as his attack. Dangerous in groups.
Skeleton Archer: DIFFUCULTY * - ***** (depends on how many)
Not dangerous alone, but if you have enough of them in a group, they can be as deadly as a cyberdemon.
Snow Baron: DIFFUCULTY *****
A very powerful icy baron with a strong series of attacks. Appears as a boss in INF02 and then rarely as common enemies.
Snow Cacodemon: DIFFUCULTY ****
A strong cacodemon with a series of deadly attacks. Very rare, and only appears in icey themed levels.
Videos and Screenshots:
phpBB [video]
The [video] tag is deprecated, please use the [media] tag
phpBB [video]
The [video] tag is deprecated, please use the [media] tag
And now, for the download link!
Download:
<Download>

Loading in zandronum... Example.
"C:\program files (x86)\zandronum\zandronum.exe" skulltag_data.pk3 skulltag_actors.pk3 InfernoInvasionV7.1.wad InfernoNewMusicV4.pk3 InfInv_MapPk1_V1.8.wad InfernoGraphics.wad InfernoNewWeaponsV1.4.2.pk3 InfernoNewMonstersV1.wad

Servers:
If anyone wants to run a server, please download the latest server version (all WAD files) and in the Doomseeker settings, set the URL to http://realmcraft.engine001.com/WADS/

Server WAD Files -- Latest Server Version: v6.5
Also, if you want to download a new version but don't want to go through the 80MB download again (say if only the patch and map pack gets updated and nothing else does), you can use the link above to check and see if the file is downloadable there.

Running the game:
PLEASE NOTE
Zandronum Compatibility:
**This game works fine in Zandronum, just make sure you load Skulltag_Actors.pk3 and Skulltag_Data.pk3**

**Edit the run.bat file as needed**

By default, skulltag installs to C:\Program Files (x86)\Skulltag\skulltag.exe so your BAT file should look like this: (replace the dir in the quotations to your skulltag dir)

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Skulltag\skulltag.exe" InfernoInvasionBase.WAD InfernoInvasionV6.6Patch.wad InfInv_MapPk1_V1.6.wad InfernoNewMusicV4.pk3 InfernoNewWeaponsV1.4.2.pk3 InfernoNewMonstersV1.wad
If using zandronum, use this as your code (changing the path to your zandronum DIR)

"C:\program files (x86)\zandronum\zandronum.exe" skulltag_data.pk3 skulltag_actors.pk3 InfernoInvasionV7.1.wad InfernoNewMusicV4.pk3 InfInv_MapPk1_V1.8.wad InfernoGraphics.wad InfernoNewWeaponsV1.4.2.pk3 InfernoNewMonstersV1.wad
Older Version Downloads:
Version 6.6 -
Download
Version 6.1 - Download

Upcoming:
+More Classes
+More Monsters
+More Maps

Bugs: Major Minor
*Some ACS scripts sometimes don't load. Restarting the level will usually fix it.
*On Zandronum, missing texture on INF02

CHANGELOG:

v7.1
+FULL ZANDRONUM COMPATIBILITY
+Missing Item Bugs Fixed
+Missing Texture Bugs Fixed
+Adding support for Multiplayer
+Adding more weapons, classes, and monsters
+Redesigning INV03 (Demon Castle) to Demon Castle Redesign
+Constructing INF03 (Hell Elevator)
v7.0 (major update)
+Completely made the patch standalone. That InfernoBase file is no longer needed.
+Started INF03
+Added Monsters for said level
+Started for Zandronum Compatibility
v6.6
+Added INF02 - Glacier
v6.5
+Fixed Bugs
-Removed Crossbow
+Added PulseRifle
+Made flamethrower use Cells
v6.4
+Fixed Bugs
-Removed M60
+Added M16
+Added Hellstorm Cannon
+Changed DECORATE Code
+Started on INF02
v6.3
+New INV04 complete
v6.2
+Bugs Fixed
-INV04 Completely Scrapped
+INV04 being redesigned
v6.1
+Toned down diffuculty of several levels. (Slightly)
+Added more spawns
+Changed some ammo to work properly.
+Added several MP3s in InfernoNewMusicV2
+Added 3 new classes
+Made INV06 MUCH MUCH EASIER and took it down to 7 waves
v6.0
+Fixed INV01 Skybox Issue
+Fixed INV04 Skybox Issue
+Improved several levels.
v5.5
+Fixed several bugs
v5.0
+Completed INV06
+Improved INV05 and changed music
+Added new weapon set in InfernoNewWeapons
v4.8
+Completed INV05
v4.0
+Completed INV04
+Improved levels and bugs
v3.5
+Completed INV03
+Fixed crash bug in INV01
v3.0
+Completed INV01
+Completed INV02
CREDITS:
All maps are made by me except for INF01 which is me and JaundiceJaun.
All music is by Apocalyptica except for INV02 which is a Doom Metal E1M1 remix.
Monsters and weapons from Realm667 and Delta Invasion.
Rail Caco, Hell Imp, Snow Caco, Snow Baron made by me.
Last edited by TheRPGLPer on Thu May 30, 2013 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

RE: [WIP]Inferno Invasion V6.6

Post by NachtIntellect » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:54 pm

This hasn't been commented on by anyone else, I am going to give this a try and give you some constructive feedback (And hopefully with good grammar and sentences that make sense, both have been lacking lately)

EDIT: Alright so on Glacier I have a few problems, when the round ends the forcefields close off you can become trapped (Or was this intentional to keep the players on their toes?), could you perhaps change that untill exactly when the round starts, also in the 2nd final room if you jump onto an enemy there is deep water over deep water which can be a problem knowing the player can actually jump to higher ground and be avoided by most enemies, I suggest using block player on those higher ground parts, I think you're going to need a new super shotgun though, it didn't look too well mixed with all the other sprites.

Overall most of it was great, I look forward to later releases.
Last edited by NachtIntellect on Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Did you just bite me? Come here, I will bite you back bastard.

TheRPGLPer

Post by TheRPGLPer » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:22 pm

WhiteAce wrote: This hasn't been commented on by anyone else, I am going to give this a try and give you some constructive feedback (And hopefully with good grammar and sentences that make sense, both have been lacking lately)

EDIT: Alright so on Glacier I have a few problems, when the round ends the forcefields close off you can become trapped (Or was this intentional to keep the players on their toes?), could you perhaps change that untill exactly when the round starts, also in the 2nd final room if you jump onto an enemy there is deep water over deep water which can be a problem knowing the player can actually jump to higher ground and be avoided by most enemies, I suggest using block player on those higher ground parts, I think you're going to need a new super shotgun though, it didn't look too well mixed with all the other sprites.

Overall most of it was great, I look forward to later releases.
Okay, thank you for your feedback!

Glacier, I'm going to have to double check now, because I could've sworn that after the forcefields close off, I set the sectors in the forcefields to SECTOR_SETDAMAGE(tag, 500, MOD_EXIT) and it would insta-kill all players who become trapped inside the forcefield, and you would spawn inside the fortress area.

Also, for the deep water over deep water glitch, I think that is a ZDOOM thing and I do not know how to fix it except for block players.

Thank you for your feedback and I will fix errors, and change the SSG.

INF02 - Glacier ACS File
/\ I did have the sectors to kill you, must've didn't work for some reason.

EDIT: Actually, upon further testing, I found out that if you have the godmode cheat enabled that the sector_setdamage scripts won't kill you. I've tweaked the scripts a little bit after finding that out.
Last edited by TheRPGLPer on Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:28 pm

Hmm It must've failed to load some of the scripts, thats the only thing I can think of, I had godmode off.

TheRPGLPer

Post by TheRPGLPer » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:33 pm

I'm sure that Doom's ACS system can have it's usual screw-up with a script, but I'm going to double check every sector to make sure that I didn't miss a tag. I'm trying to make it where you won't get trapped behind a forcefield but I might just make it where the forcefields don't re-appear anyway.

Also, in Version 6.7, a new level and some bug fixes and map improvements will be added.
The new level, INF03 - Hell Elevator, will be an elevator decending several floors, all with waves of monsters.

katZune
Forum Regular

Post by katZune » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:32 am

well i didn't downloaded it bcuz i found it a bit huge, maybe tomorrow gonna download it but by the video look good

and by the way, the hud seems a rainbow
Last edited by katZune on Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whitout a good PC ATM, i will back when 2.0 come out, :)
Spoiler: The True (Open)
Ijon Tichy wrote:
Catastrophe wrote: Banned on grandvoid for trolling Zombie Horde and all out war (blocking, destroying my own base, etc)
Kicked from El Zoido's all out war for nuking our teams base
Kicked again from el Zoido's server for fucking up the warfactory so bad that mechs couldn't spawn anymore
I see no offenses here

only justice

TheRPGLPer

Post by TheRPGLPer » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:25 pm

katZune wrote: well i didn't downloaded it bcuz i found it a bit huge, maybe tomorrow gonna download it but by the video look good

and by the way, the hud seems a rainbow
If someone wants to make a better HUD for this game, I wouldn't mind. I suck at making HUDs, as you can tell lol.

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:52 pm

I just started on gimp but if I was any good at making HUDs i'd do that for you.

TheRPGLPer

Post by TheRPGLPer » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:28 pm

UPDATE:
+INF03 - Hell Elevator

New map is coming out well, expect a V6.7 to V7.0 release soon, depending on how many updates and bug fixes I decide to release on the server side page.

Captain Izayoi

Post by Captain Izayoi » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:18 pm

Anything with invasion instantly gets a + from me. I'll be watching this with baited breath for updates.

TheRPGLPer

RE: Inferno Invasion V7.0 (Adding Zandronum Compatibility)

Post by TheRPGLPer » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:44 pm

V7.0 Updates
+Completely made the patch standalone. That InfernoBase file is no longer needed.
+Started INF03
+Added Monsters for said level
+Started for Zandronum Compatibility

I am working full on Zandronum Compatibility. As of now, if you load the game without the new weapons, it will work, but without the new weapons, it will break some areas in certain levels.

So I am going to make the map files use only the default weapons and monsters and remove everything skulltag related and to those people who want to play this on Zandronum, you can download a patch to load onto the game.
I've also completely removed the base file. All it did was take up space and the V7 Patch is standalone. I've cleaned up the DECORATE scripts as well.

TheRPGLPer

RE: Inferno Invasion V7.0 [Zandronum Compatible]

Post by TheRPGLPer » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:35 am

V7.1 CHANGELOG:
+FULL ZANDRONUM COMPATIBILITY
+Missing Item Bugs Fixed
+Missing Texture Bugs Fixed
+Adding support for Multiplayer
+Adding more weapons, classes, and monsters
+Redesigning INV03 (Demon Castle) to Demon Castle Redesign
+Constructing INF03 (Hell Elevator)

My internet connection is still slow, so the upload will hopefully be up tomorrow. Still a 80MB+ download to the music unfortunately, and there are more WAD files to deal with but I had to make the files that way to make it fully compatible with Zandronum.

Monsoon

RE: Inferno Invasion V7.1

Post by Monsoon » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:50 pm

is there any slim chance that a version of this could be released so that there could be compatibility with mods like hard doom?
Last edited by Monsoon on Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheRPGLPer

RE: Inferno Invasion V7.1

Post by TheRPGLPer » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:55 pm

Monsoon wrote: is there any slim chance that a version of this could be released so that there could be compatibility with mods like hard doom?
I can try. I can attempt at making patches to make it compatible with other things. Also, sorry the download isn't up yet, I'm working on that. We've had a windy and snowy past 2 days and my internet connection isn't working well.

TheRPGLPer

RE: Inferno Invasion V7.1 [Canceled]

Post by TheRPGLPer » Thu May 30, 2013 2:16 am

I'm sorry guys, but this project is canceled. Read the top post for information.

Lord_of_D:
Posts a lot

Post by Lord_of_D: » Thu May 30, 2013 3:40 am

if youre going to work on a invasion wad, maybe i can help ya. i dont have too much experience making maps and i dont know a shit about scripts, but i have wanted to start a invasion wad since some ago, and this may be a good chance for see if i can make a good wad.

HexaDoken
Forum Regular

Post by HexaDoken » Thu May 30, 2013 3:44 am

This is exactly why you keep 52 backups of your project in different folders, hard disk drives, computers, houses, cities, and even countries. So that even if half of the world goes kaboom you'll still have a backup in the other half of it.

No, seriously.

TheRPGLPer

Post by TheRPGLPer » Thu May 30, 2013 3:34 pm

Lord_of_D: wrote: if youre going to work on a invasion wad, maybe i can help ya. i dont have too much experience making maps and i dont know a shit about scripts, but i have wanted to start a invasion wad since some ago, and this may be a good chance for see if i can make a good wad.
I could always use help with maps and the scripting for invasion maps is really easy. I can teach you how to do it. Seriously, all it takes is about 5 lines of code to do something after a wave.

E.X.

#include "zcommon.acs"

script 1 OPEN
{
while((GetInvasionWave () != 3) || (GetInvasionState () !=IS_COUNTDOWN))
delay(5);
DO STUFF HERE
}
So example, on Wave 4, while its counting down, it will execute whatever you code on DO STUFF HERE.
HexaDoken wrote:This is exactly why you keep 52 backups of your project in different folders, hard disk drives, computers, houses, cities, and even countries. So that even if half of the world goes kaboom you'll still have a backup in the other half of it.

No, seriously.
Yeah... I'm planning on buying a 1TB External HDD soon, but either way, I can rebuild from the V7 source if I wanted to, but this is just too messy of a wad and I think I can do a lot better if I just build another game completely from Zandronum. Maybe I'll release a small update for this far later in the future, or maybe not. It'll take a lot of work to do what I want to do for this WAD, because I want to convert it to the PK3 format, but whenever I do sucessfully do that, my image files for my sprites (which I place in /sprites), they don't load right.
Last edited by TheRPGLPer on Thu May 30, 2013 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.