Bi-weekly DM event?

Discuss, plan, or look back on community events here.
Marcaek
Forum Staff

Bi-weekly DM event?

Post by Marcaek » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:00 pm

Myself and a couple of others in #deathmatch have debated the possiblity of starting up a DM session once every 2 weeks. The only roadblock atm is figuring out a good time to run it. I was thinking somewhere in between the current times for both FNFs but I'm not sure how convenient such a time window would be. I tenatively have wendesday picked but tuesday is possible.

Regardless, I think if I went ahead with this I'd probably have a voting period for wads in between. Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions?
Last edited by Marcaek on Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Razgriz
Forum Staff

RE: Bi-weekly DM event?

Post by Razgriz » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:19 pm

my thought is to not run it around FNF's since that's just competing for players, running three dm events close to each other or even in the same day might be pushing it (euro, us and this). Of course it doesn't matter much if the FNF's are both something other than DM but regardless it could be on another day, maybe Thursday or even Saturday nobody cares about sns lets be real :D[/size]
<PUN1SH3R> Cube has a magnetic effect
<PUN1SH3R> all other clans are in orbit with us, they just dont know it
<PUN1SH3R> occasionally cube will pull a player into it's system
[Quote=DwangoUnited Website] Eyes has tainted the DWANGO name in World of Warcraft. Eyes owes several thousand gold to friends that offered to loan it to him. He's since cut us off completely, and is not planning on gaming or paying back what he owes leaving DWANGO United with the debt. You have hurt us in more ways than you can know, pal. I hope you're happy that we've bent over backwards for you. Thanks for paying us back with a spit in the face and a cold shoulder. By the way pal, your bfg skills suck ass.[/quote]
09:08 <Shane_> It's better being a cuck
09:08 <Shane_> Trust me, you'll learn one day

Combinebobnt
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Combinebobnt » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:19 pm

Biweekly DM? lol might as well not run anything. Inbetween fnfs? even worse!!!

I have a far superior suggestion: keep doing what you are already doing!: playing dm as much as possible (like with your dbab sessions every time I look at doom explorer). This is what is actually going to get ppl playing dm anyway, not some event every red eclipse of the moon on a thursday and leap year. All you have to do is hit a critical mass where people are constantly playing deathmatch enough and you'll reach pubctf on ZDaemon level where the server has 16 people all the time and the doom community is revitalized. That's not gonna happen with some biweekly pre-event

Razgriz
Forum Staff

Post by Razgriz » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:36 pm

Well actually I imagined the event would supplement the often DM sessions, not replace it.
[Quote=DwangoUnited Website] Eyes has tainted the DWANGO name in World of Warcraft. Eyes owes several thousand gold to friends that offered to loan it to him. He's since cut us off completely, and is not planning on gaming or paying back what he owes leaving DWANGO United with the debt. You have hurt us in more ways than you can know, pal. I hope you're happy that we've bent over backwards for you. Thanks for paying us back with a spit in the face and a cold shoulder. By the way pal, your bfg skills suck ass.[/quote]

Lollipop
Zandrone

Post by Lollipop » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:42 am

Knowing when there is a session can get some people who have been out for a while find a good time to start playing again regularly. This could just as well be FnF though, but if there are some extreme DM lovers out there idling, then this might be the ticket. Then those people would just have to be noted about this in the first place which isn't going to happen.
Spoiler: Modding Qualifications (Open)
ACS: If it's of ridiculous scope and of suicide-inducing complexity then it's the thing for me.
DECORATE: I can make more or less any godawful hack I need. Doesn't mean it works, though.
Maps: I only map for testing ACS.
GFX: Not enough time or experience.

If you need help, advice or similar, feel free to send me a PM. ;)
Spoiler: My Current Projects (Open)
> ZMemory
> Various undeveloped ideas. (This one is an immutable fact)
Combinebobnt wrote:i can see the forum league is taking off much better than the ctf ones
GalactusToday at 1:07 PM
are you getting uncomfortable jap
feeling something happen down there

Razgriz
Forum Staff

Post by Razgriz » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:18 am

There is a nice channel called #deathmatch that has been around for quite some time, all the idlers can come join here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marcaek
Forum Staff

Post by Marcaek » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:44 pm

The event would definitely supplement what we already do, heh. No need to mark a date for everything, but if people are aware of a time to expect a game maybe that would help?

Marcaek
Forum Staff

Re: Bi-weekly DM event?

Post by Marcaek » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:11 am

BUMP

probably going to do this soon

Daz Blitz
Registered just to make one post

Re: Bi-weekly DM event?

Post by Daz Blitz » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:51 am

Nobody here knows me but I'd be interested. I've been playing DooM deathmatches for many years, I don't really play any other game type. In recent times I've had less and less luck finding decently populated deathmatches so more would be cool. Am I any good at DooM? Yes, very LOL Don't believe me? Meet me in a deathmatch sometime :P
Why not DooM tho?