Ban Evading Y/N?

Public discussion of the forum software and other things run by Zandronum staff.
Slyfox
ZanStuff Reviewer

RE: Ban Evading Y/N?

Post by Slyfox » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:02 am

Considering that's from one of gonzossm's video, I doubt it
Last edited by Slyfox on Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZzZombo
Forum Regular

Post by ZzZombo » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:16 am

WTF Galactus was thinking?? First exploiting "innocent" weapon drop glitch, now server glitch abuse, it won't get you far.
Last edited by ZzZombo on Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
QZRcon - Qt-based tool for Zandronum/Skulltag servers!
#grandvoid funny stats

Dark-Assassin
Maintenence Crew

Post by Dark-Assassin » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:25 am

I think Galactus was put on the master ban list, but of course an IP change made him able to evade. Can't be sure because it can't be viewed.
But instead of being good and not opening IDE or whatever, he just had to join a server and make it worse for himself. This goes for everyone else too.
Last edited by Dark-Assassin on Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

dart620
Banned
Banned: Permanently

Post by dart620 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:05 am

Dark-Assassin wrote: I think Galactus was put on the master ban list, but of course an IP change made him able to evade. Can't be sure because it can't be viewed.
But instead of being good and not opening IDE or whatever, he just had to join a server and make it worse for himself. This goes for everyone else too.
He is not on the banlist!
I repeat he is not on the banlist!

http://zandronum.com/banlist

I have checked with control+f guys wrote galactus in the tab. It did not find him. Guys what is happening are hackers welcome in zandronum? There are no 2015 entries or 2016. This is disturbing.

mifu
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: Demon RiderZ

Post by mifu » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:30 am

dart620 wrote:
Dark-Assassin wrote: I think Galactus was put on the master ban list, but of course an IP change made him able to evade. Can't be sure because it can't be viewed.

I have checked with control+f guys wrote galactus in the tab. It did not find him. Guys what is happening are hackers welcome in zandronum? There are no 2015 entries or 2016. This is disturbing.
The only useful part of this post is the sudden realization that I still need to fix the link on the ban list so it updates automatically when someone else gets banned.

Otherwise Dart, your posting is crapola as per usual.

Kara Kurt
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by Kara Kurt » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:29 am

Ænima wrote: Why do people even evade using their real nicks?

If I evaded just to be able to play the game, I would have at least used the name "Player" and not talked to anyone
It is more complicated than you think;

Basically what I'm thinking of is something like "if I show up with my real nickname, I would make them believe that I was unbanned, or even that I am stupid enough to not be able to understand that I just ban evaded"

Another reason not to alias when playing private games is that people might want to know who you are.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:52 am

Kara Kurt wrote: Another reason not to alias when playing private games is that people might want to know who you are.
Oh believe me I know. What I meant is that he shouldn't have joined any servers to begin with, but if he REALLY wanted to get away with evading then he should have just stuck to playing duel servers as "Player". Although who knows, maybe he'd end up dropping some SSG's there too and blowing his cover because he just can't help himself.

btw im not advocating ban evasion in any way
Last edited by Ænima on Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

dart620
Banned
Banned: Permanently

Post by dart620 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:56 am

mibu wrote:
dart620 wrote:

The only useful part of this post is the sudden realization that I still need to fix the link on the ban list so it updates automatically when someone else gets banned.

Otherwise Dart, your posting is crapola as per usual.
Your telling me it took 2 years to fix such a basic issue? How are people - players supposed to protect them selfs from hackers if the list was not updated so long.

I hope it will not end like with the auth server.

Do not get me wrong mifu I am counting on you.

Kara Kurt
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by Kara Kurt » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:58 pm

I believe he's tried to fool everyone in the server by not making it obvious... joining a private server with his real nickname as if things were normal.

Konda
Forum Regular

Post by Konda » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:29 pm

Kara Kurt wrote: I believe he's tried to fool everyone in the server by not making it obvious... joining a private server with his real nickname as if things were normal.
Yep, he tried to rationalize his behavior with that explanation but it only backfired. I'm still stuck at understanding how one makes a conscious decision to join a server with their real nick while being masterbanned. And of all servers you can join, you join priv, the first place on the list that would get you exposed in this case. Even if you aliased, if aliasing is discouraged in priv, people with admin access can check you via ip provided they know your usual ip pattern or the hostname associated with it.

Code: Select all

<Synert> fuck
<Synert> plugged in my memory stick and got a bsod

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:52 pm

dart620 wrote: Your telling me it took 2 years to fix such a basic issue? How are people - players supposed to protect them selfs from hackers if the list was not updated so long.
"Protect themselves from hackers" would imply that there is some direct damage being dealt to players by hackers. There isn't. They just spoil the game. They usually get caught by players in the server anyways and then banned there first. It's not like hackers are going on some week-long rampage across multiple servers and giving normal players PTSD. They're just mosquitos waiting to be swatted. Infact I haven't even witnessed any hacking ingame in a long time but maybe that's because I just don't play competitive.

dart620 wrote: I hope it will not end like with the auth server.
Please leave.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Dark-Assassin
Maintenence Crew

Post by Dark-Assassin » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:59 pm

Well, the listing seems to be using the updated file now. But that doesn't mean the master itself was using the same file.
Apparently during the most recent migrations some links were broken and were overlooked to get fixed.

Galactus
Forum Regular

Post by Galactus » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:10 pm

A bug in the master server allowed me to join Stipsi's Private CTF server (only that server), no IP changing whatsoever was involved at all. Back then I didn't realise that what I was doing counted as ban evading, but stupidity isn't a valuable excuse. I was also already aware of this bug in the master server and undoubtly abused it too join Stipsi's CTF server, so the 3 month ban extension is as justified as it can be.
Last edited by Galactus on Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nati46
Forum Regular

Post by Nati46 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:38 pm

Galactus wrote: A bug in the master server allowed me to join Stipsi's Private CTF server (only that server), no IP changing whatsoever was involved at all. Back then I didn't realise that what I was doing counted as ban evading, but stupidity isn't a valuable excuse. I was also already aware of this bug in the master server and undoubtly abused it too join Stipsi's CTF server, so the 3 month ban extension is as justified as it can be.

Rip
Want to know how to run faster? Check this out!

Zandronum Duel Championships

ZZYZX
Posts a lot
Clan: A3
Clan Tag: [A3]

Post by ZZYZX » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:20 pm

Galactus wrote:A bug in the master server allowed me to join Stipsi's Private CTF server (only that server), no IP changing whatsoever was involved at all. Back then I didn't realise that what I was doing counted as ban evading, but stupidity isn't a valuable excuse. I was also already aware of this bug in the master server and undoubtly abused it too join Stipsi's CTF server, so the 3 month ban extension is as justified as it can be.
Next thing you do is repeating this few more times and make a forum post stating that your upcoming 2 year ban extension is completely justified.

ConTheFal
Banned

Post by ConTheFal » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:31 am

Ænima wrote:
Zakken wrote:
Ru5tK1ng wrote: Sorry to break the news, but the dropping SSG meme is dead. Now you need to incorporate ban evasion in your avatars.
On second thought, let's not. Let's give attention to people who deserve it, not clowns like this guy.
You're right. More Decay avatars it is.
Looks like I properly planned my avatar...
<Siferah>: Who needs support anyways?
<Sean>: idk
<Sean>: Disabled people?