ZDoom Wars 1: v3.15d (updated 2/6/19)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Combinebobnt
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

RE: ZDoom Wars 1: v3.0i

Post by Combinebobnt » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:52 pm

We crashed the server today playing cuz strife (me) died to a dsparil and trigged a fire death, aka this bug: http://zandronum.com/tracker/view.php?id=2067

Might want to take out the strife fire death for now until 2.1 or something

Ru5tK1ng
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:33 am

Combinebobnt wrote: We crashed the server today playing cuz strife (me) died to a dsparil and trigged a fire death, aka this bug: http://zandronum.com/tracker/view.php?id=2067

Might want to take out the strife fire death for now until 2.1 or something
Probably would be better to wait for 2.1 to come out before changing anything. In the case that the bug linked above isn't fixed in 2.1, just taking out A_CrispyPlayer should stop the crashing.
Projects

EonDM - With Hatred as my sidekick.
RageCTF - Made 1 map and did much more.
DBAB LMS - Pack made for Last Man Standing.
EonWeapons - Improve vanilla weapons and add stuff for kicks.
Progressive Duel - Leaving the old behind.
IDL201X CTF - Maintaining since 2013.
Strife AA - Helped tested + 1 map

Mr. Repo

Post by Mr. Repo » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:23 am

Oh jeeze, that's not good. At least this'll be fixed for 2.1 so that's a relief. I'll just comment it out in the meantime. Preventing a possible crash at the expense of a class specific detail is worth it.

Hopefully I can throw together a release in the next few days. We'll see.
Last edited by Mr. Repo on Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Repo

RE: ZDoom Wars 1: v3.0j

Post by Mr. Repo » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:58 am

Spoiler: Data v3.0j Changelog (Open)
Balance:

Strife:

-Programmer: Fiddled with the Close Too Close values and states again. Third time's the charm!

-Entity: Reverted the Entity's changes from the previous version... AGAIN. This time I raised the cost from 100/90 to 125/100 because now it almost can kill a Cyberdemon

Bugs:

Strife:

-Removed 'A_CrispyPlayer' from the fire death state until Zandronum fixes the crashing issue
Download: http://zdwi.neszone.net/downloads/ZDoomWarsIv3.0j.pk3
Last edited by Mr. Repo on Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

RE: ZDoom Wars 1: v3.0j

Post by Ivan » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:28 pm

Strifeguy will now loop forever in his burn death state, creating a zombie player. The player's corpse can move, jump etc. and the games won't end due to this. This is due to the removed codepointer that was crashing the game. You should recode the death state.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Mr. Repo

RE: ZDoom Wars 1: v3.0j2

Post by Mr. Repo » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:27 pm

Combinebobnt
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Combinebobnt » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:06 am

The text on the strife repair drone fades out too fast to read all of it.

Mr. Repo

Post by Mr. Repo » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:24 am

Uh oh. New revision. This is likely the last one for the 3.0 series. Going to start focusing on putting 3.1 together.
Spoiler: Data v3.0k changelog (Open)
General:

-When upgrading or removing an upgrade that permanently changes a monster, you now default to whichever monster said upgrade affected EG: Removed Ettin Upgrade -> Ettin Summoner is now automatically selected

New Translations – Hexen Templar, Red Nazi

Strife:

-Reinstated ‘A_CrispyPlayer’ to the Strife player’s death state

-Repair Drone: The message for the Repair Drone’s information now stays on screen two times longer than any other summoner

Balance:

Chex:

-Reduced the Flembomination radius from 90 to 78

Bugs:

General:

-Permanent mana would always give a quantity of 1 no matter the pickup.

Maps:

-ZDWARS 17 – Flame Temple: Statue heroes wouldn’t spawn thanks to botched code. Quickly fixed and added the map fix into this pk3 until I release version 1.7 of the map pack

Doom:

-Team Vile Pulses revived LMS Monsters instead of TLMS. I can only imagine the large amounts of infighting and other AI abnormalities this caused

-Team Cyberdemons within melee range would sometimes fire rockets without team damage types. This means there would be friendly fire and even death to players/team monsters

Hexen:

-For the umpteenth time fixed Yeti/Wendigo obits again. I bet they’re still broken just to spite me.

Virus:

-Red team Treadmills could not be removed from battle… not like you’d do that anyway but still

-Related to the last problem, Red Team Treadmills wouldn’t ever fade after being revived more than once

Download: ZDoomWarsIv3.0k.pk3
Last edited by Mr. Repo on Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Repo

RE: ZDoom Wars 1: v3.0l

Post by Mr. Repo » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:42 am

Bug fixes. Entity felt like it was game breaking enough to warrant this release.
Spoiler: Data V3.0l Changelog (Open)
Bugs:

Doom:

Arch-Vile(s): Arch-Vile's, as well as Pulse, had a radius of 64 on their summmonballs. It should have been 20. Now Vile's will be less prone to missed spawns. Also attempted to redo the FRIGHTENED flag system so the Vile doesn't just take off and never return to the battlefield

Heretic:

Mummy: Apparently this engine doesn't know how to inherit and upgraded Ressed Mummies would call for a Deathstate that should be inherited but wasn't

Ophidian: The Cost message said 31/8 and not 32/8 as it should have read

D'Sparil(Serpent): In the 'See' state, D'Sparil had an ill defined jump that is more than likely responsible for many teamkills/owner kills over the past several years. This should curb said issue

Hexen:

Wraith: The Reiver cost was 10/3 and not 12/3 on the fullscreen hud

Strife:

Macil: LMS Macil's didn't properly loop in their firing state meaning they wouldn't have rapid fire as they should have

Entity: Team Blue and Green Entities did not take red suppression damage while being susceptible to their own team suppression damage

Chex:

Quadrumpus: Quadpumpus vanilla projectiles didn't leave a decal on a wall

Virus:

Spreadshot Turret: Level 2 Spreadshot summonballs weren't translucent and the summon sound didn't play. Talk about game breaking bugs. The cost message also said they cost more than they did

Felix: The hud messages and new hud erroneously stated that the Felix could partially hit ghosts. This is not true because the Felix CAN ALWAYS hit ghosts

Land Carrier: Level 2 & 3 Land Carriers were said to have spawned 100 pair of Drones when they only made 50 pair

Download:ZDoomWarsIv3.0l.pk3
Last edited by Mr. Repo on Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:30 pm

New Hershey

You're welcome. Let me know of any bugs.

Razgriz
Forum Staff

Post by Razgriz » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:49 am

The math god delivered!
<PUN1SH3R> Cube has a magnetic effect
<PUN1SH3R> all other clans are in orbit with us, they just dont know it
<PUN1SH3R> occasionally cube will pull a player into it's system
[Quote=DwangoUnited Website] Eyes has tainted the DWANGO name in World of Warcraft. Eyes owes several thousand gold to friends that offered to loan it to him. He's since cut us off completely, and is not planning on gaming or paying back what he owes leaving DWANGO United with the debt. You have hurt us in more ways than you can know, pal. I hope you're happy that we've bent over backwards for you. Thanks for paying us back with a spit in the face and a cold shoulder. By the way pal, your bfg skills suck ass.[/quote]
09:08 <Shane_> It's better being a cuck
09:08 <Shane_> Trust me, you'll learn one day

Mr. Repo

Post by Mr. Repo » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:41 pm

... you actually did it. That's just... wow I'm speechless. Incredible work and I'm sure people beyond the scope of this mod could definitely use this. Thank you so much!

The only bug I see is the red head fireballs on SorcFX1 not behaving like they normally do due to you opting out for A_SeekerMissile, but I actually prefer this to the original. Their behavior is more suited for the mod I think.

Funny thing you pasted this now because we'd started to work on this via decorate using the source to get a good replication of the original and all the jump chances/fire were figured out to the source. The timing of this release couldn't have been more perfect.

111 lines of ACS and 794 lines of Decorate just for one hardcoded monster. Absolutely insane. I cannot express my gratitude enough, but I really do appreciate this a whole lot!

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:51 pm

I noticed I messed up the "cork" sound when he dies. To fix it simply name the "CHAN_AUTO" in the A_PlaySound("SorcererBallPop") to "CHAN_VOICE" in his death state.

Mr. Repo

RE: ZDoom Wars 1: v3.0l & Maps 1.7c

Post by Mr. Repo » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:29 am

I'm currently working on an update that has a large number of new maps (and several older ones that have been 'remastered') being added in. There is still a bunch of work needed before those can be released, but this is a nice update to the existing 32 in the meantime. With that being said, one new map was included to replace Snowfield so definitely give that one a look. I think it's an excellent addition and likely will be played on quite a bit. I'm also still accepting submissions for the next map pack if anyone's interested.
Spoiler: Maps V1.7b & c Changelog (Open)
C is a revision of the previous map pack to clear out patch errors. They’re exactly the same otherwise.

-Renamed all the previous CVars to remove the space so they’re easier and more consistent to work with. Ex: “ZDWars26 Boss” is now “ZDWars26Boss”

ZDWARS1: Created a new CVar called “ZDWars1Pit” and if set to 1, the center will no longer drop and turn to lava

ZDWARS3: -Raised the archway between the west side of the map and the center pillar portion. Also raised the floor in the caged room’s pits. Raised the platforms in the stained transparent Doom glass so monsters no longer walk off. Made the ledge on the western part of the central room a 3d floor with the underneth portion connecting to the other large room and in process cut the black and white faux teleporter room to said platform.

ZDWARS9: Created a new CVar called “ZDWars9Pits” and if set to 1, the portions of the floor will no longer drop down to lava

ZDWARS11: -Made the blood pool no longer damage you because… that never really made sense to begin with. Raised the ceiling of the red cave area above the lava pit that connects to the white area

ZDWARS15: -Opened up the three paths into the graveyard portion

ZDWARS16: -Raised the cage area to the west of the amp

ZDWARS17: -FINALLY got the correct track information for this map. Thanks Gui!

-Added in 4 platforms to the Felix area to try and balance it out compared to the other two segments

ZDWARS18: -Removed the cages from the pathway to the bases and replaced them with passages that cut and better connect all the areas together

ZDWARS19: -Heavily edited the map. Removed seveeral portions, opened up many hall ways, added in several platforms. Just a bunch of changes that make the map less claustrophobic and more suited for this mod

ZDWARS21: -Added a few platforms and opened up the caves/block area at the western part of the map

ZDWARS23: -Map had a large revamp with several heavily edited areas including making the outside portion smaller

-Adding another passageway from the slime to outside via window

-Adding another opening down the ramp to the outside area

-Increasing the map01 platforms size

-Making the E1M3 area less campable (Taken from the Kosher maps… Thanks Combinebobnt!)

-Adding a few passageways/platforms through the map02 portion

-A few other misc platform additions

ZDWARS28: -Now is replaced with a new map called “Discord” by Damage aka Grymmoire

ZDWARS29: -Created a new CVar called “ZDWars29Spawners” and if set to 1, mana will no longer be periodically spawned and the towers will no longer produce damaging floors at random

-Added 4 platforms around the core of the map to make the outer ones more balanced?

-The transparent green boxes are now able to have monsters summoned upon them

ZDWARS30: -Removed the micro sector rocks upon the large castle platforms on either side of it and replaced them with a very modest amount of the ‘Rubble’ actors. Also made the stained glass ‘Block Everything’ as originally intended

ZDWARS32: -Fixed a lot of odd texturing in the white base. I have a feeling that no matter what the texturing in this map will never be right, but it’s still a personal favorite regardless

Bugs:

ZDWARS6: -Fixed a whole lot of vertices not connecting in the center, several erroneous textures and sector brightness issues

ZDWARS7: -Fixed the hom and various broken/misaligned textures

ZDWARS13: -For whatever reason, the red fog stopped functioning between engine revisions. No idea how long this has been busted

ZDWARS17: -Statues never properly spawned the heroes they represented before due to me not knowing how to code. Nice

ZDWARS19: -For whatever reason after the Zandronum updates, the dummy boss that romps around wouldn’t spawn

ZDWARS26: -For whatever reason after the Zandronum updates, Tyketto no longer spawned

ZDWARS29: -For whatever reason after the Zandronum updates, pink mana no longer spawned. Ugh.

ZDWARS30: -Forgot to add NEXTMAP to the map info so the map would never properly rotate. Fixed those two broken trees near the start of the river, removed those cages on the grass side that prevented summoning
Download: ZDoomWarsIMapsv1.7c.pk3
Last edited by Mr. Repo on Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zakken
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Power Fragging
Clan Tag: [PF]

Post by Zakken » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:30 am

Why was Snowfield removed? :(

Mr. Repo

Post by Mr. Repo » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:06 am

Honestly I have nothing against the map other than it needs a lot of work done on it. I wouldn't be opposed to adding it back in if someone were to edit it and bring it up to par with the rest of the pack. It definitely has its own atmosphere and feel that no other map has matched and that's what made it unique. It just wasn't very good gameplay wise.

Same could be said of a lot of cut maps I guess. See Continuum of Discord.

Mr. Repo

Re: ZDoom Wars 1: v3.1b & Map Pack 1.8b -8/26/16 update

Post by Mr. Repo » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:41 am

Long awaited update! Let's see how badly I screwed up the balance for Chex, Virus, and Strife. Hope you folks enjoy!

Data: http://zdwi.neszone.net/downloads/ZDoomWarsIv3.1b.pk3
Resources: http://zdwi.neszone.net/downloads/ZDoom ... ources.pk3
Maps: http://zdwi.neszone.net/downloads/ZDoom ... sv1.8b.pk3
Spoiler: Data V3.1b Changelog (Open)
Keep in mind this version has been in development for a while and had several private builds. Some things listed may not be how they are upon release and I may have accidentally omitted logging a change or two. Thanks to all the guys in Mobius' teamspeak. This version wouldn't have happened without you fine gentlemen.

General:

-All weapons now have their appropriate tag names and no longer default to 'Shotgun'

-Now every monster that drops blue mana upon death (minus the mine) will have an HPBar. Should have done this one years ago

-Doubled the height of mana, and item pickups from the default 16 to 32

-Restored the original Chaingunner attack sound, Cyberdemon walk sound, Spider Mastermind walk sound, and Arachnotron walk sounds

-Added in BRIGHT to all the lighting sprites used in the main pk3. This includes all the torches, lights ect. Also added in missing GLDefs to a few said objects

-Now when a hero is made a message will be logged to console indicating said monster. Colors have been applied to the text to further tell 'em apart as well

-New Translations: Arch-Vile(All), Crusaders(All), Doom Imp(C), Lost Soul (G,R), Cacodemon(Y),Iron Lich(Y), Afrit (B, G, R, S),Hexen Bishop(all(including making the blur shadowed(but not painstate. UGH.))), Wendigo (R, Y), Meshwalker(Y), Hexen Teleporter(all), Strife Teleporter(all), Team Teleporter(all)

Balance:

-Spawned monsters now face the same direction in which they were summoned. This actually radically improves the AI of the mod

-If you hold down fire when using the teleporter, the second projectile file will be a ranged one. This applies to all classes with the except for Virus

-Implemented something I'd like to call the 'XDeath Rule' across the entire mod. What this means is if a low tier monster that can be revived gets gibbed, they can no longer be revived as the corpse has been destroyed. This isn't too different than what Doom has already had to begin with only now it's applied to every class. However, Mid-Tier monsters are the exceptions to this 'rule.' Chaingunners, Cacodemons, Undead Knights, Wraiths, Chaos Serpents, Swamp Stalkers, Templars, Reavers, Order Turrets, Quadrumpus, Stridicus, and Mills can still be revived despite a gibbed death. Eventually a lot of monsters will have attacks that are guaranteed to gib to help balance this further, but that'll have to wait until a later revision

Bugs:

-When using max health altering cvars, old limits would still be respected thanks to 'healthing' being super bugged

-Hopefully fixed all the projectile in projectile obituary bugs for the Iron Lich, Wendigo, and Barrage Weredragon... again

-Monsters that don't bleed left blood splatters\decals on the walls

Doom:

General:

-Spider Masterminds now have fixed sprites which allows them to have clean translations much like the event images. Thanks you NEON for these new sprites!

Balance:

-Dropped the number of Chaingunners to Revenants to 8, and increased the number of Revenants to Mancubus to 7

-Pain Elemental(Both): Redid Pain Elementals completely. Removed the FRIGHTENED flag completely so they don't run away. Now they perform a check where if they're closer than 400 map units, they will have the flag MISSILEEVENMORE which makes them way more useful in an actual fighting situation. They are no longer pushable either. Dual Elementals now have the limit of 60 as well.
Bugs:

-SS Officer: Schutzstaffel were not able to be removed

-Flame Mancubus: Retrofitted and prefitted Flame Mancs had different attack states

-Arch-Vile(s): Arch-Vile's, as well as Pulse, had a radius of 64 on their summonballs. It should have been 20. Now Vile's will be less prone to missed spawns. Also attempted to redo the FRIGHTENED flag system so the Vile doesn't just take off and never return to the battlefield

Heretic:

General:

-Clink: Upgraded Clinks have new sprites courtesy of Savant. Thanks!

Balance:

-D'Sparil: D'Sparil stage 2 can now spawn up to 16 Disciples instead of 12

-Iron Lich: Ice attack can now pierce invuln

Bugs:

-Mummy: Apparently this engine doesn't know how to inherit and upgraded Ressed Mummies would call for a Deathstate that should be inherited but wasn't

-Ophidian: The Cost message said 31/8 and not 32/8 as it should have read

-D'Sparil(Serpent): In the 'See' state, D'Sparil had an ill defined jump that is more than likely responsible for many teamkills/owner kills over the past several years. This should curb said issue

Hexen:

Balance:

-Wendigo/Yeti: Wendigos remain exactly the same while Yetis, their upgraded counter part, can no longer hit ghosts in any capacity. The shards now pass through ghosts just like the main projectile

-Menelkir: Increased Menelkir's health from 650 to 900 and slightly increased their firing rate

-Heresiarch: Thanks to both Avernus and Gui, the Heresiarch has been completely decoded and now is able to be balanced. The HP determines what attack does with 1/3 being more liekly to shoot red seeker balls, 1/3 more likely to shoot purple balls, and 1/3 likely to summon Bishops if they're far enough otherwise its more apt to do purple attacks. The projectles themselves have been weakened a bit, but I'm sure this will need extensive testing to really be ironed out. The max Bishop count that the Heresiarch can make is also set to 10 for now. Again a big thanks to Avernus and Gui!

Bugs:

-Swamp Stalker: Added +DONTOVERLAP to prevent these things from stacking

-Wraith: Reiver's attack sound did not play upon being spawned and their cost was 10/3 and not 12/3 on the fullscreen hud

-Wendigo(and Yeti too): The Wendigo's 'See' state didn't loop and jumped to 'Idle' which is why they would incessantly make their active sound. Also removed and redid redundant code for both monsters

Strife:

General:

-Strife mech monsters now spawn the proper 'blood' from the game (spark/fire upon impact) Crusaders, Order Bishops, and Inquisitors now all make the unique Strife sound for their steps instead of the generic large clop from before

Balance:

-Stalker(Both): Stalkers can no longer be resurrected. However, they're still affected by the repair drone

-Order Bishop: Order Bishop's height is now 100 up from the default 56. Also dropped the damage the missile does from 9 to 7 and dropped the explosion damage from 64 to 48. If this is too much then next release will increase the attack again

-Crusader(Devastator): Raised the melee state by 2 tics

-Programmer: Removed the 'Close Enough' state and reworked the 'Frightened' flag check in 'See' as per Avernus' recommendations. Also completely remade the Projectile. It doesn't inherit which means it no longer does teamdamage, and now the individual bolts/radius of the spot have been adjusted so it's more effective. Also restored the Programmer's melee state along with increasing the missile chance

-Spectre A: Lowered the chance to attack, the double bolt, but increased the strength of the projectile to compensate. Dropped the price down to 70/40 as it was originally due to the rebalance

-Spectre B: Upped the chance to attack, made the attack shoot twice in the frame, and increased the strength of the bolt. Dropped the price down to 80/45 due to the rebalance

-Repair Drone: Raised the cost from 30/12 to 40/20

-Entity: Wrote out all of the Entity's attacks so they no longer share attacks with other Strife heroes and each Sigil attack has been adjusted to better suit the monster. Also abandoned the random choice for an attack in favor of using distance to have a higher chance to do certain attacks depending on where the Entity is vs the target. This makes the Entity more reliable and consistent to balance

-Entity: Dropped the Sigil 3 spread shot damage from 15 to 9

Bugs:

-Fixed all of the misplaced/generic Strife lightning obituaries

-Macil: LMS Macil's didn't properly loop in their firing state meaning they wouldn't have rapid fire as they should have

-Stalker(Upgraded): Upgraded Stalkers when hit with the repair drone would come back as the unupgraded version

-Programmer: Programmers limit per round was set to 4, not 5 and for whatever reason, the programmers death state went ahead to a non existent frame 'Y' when it should have stopped at 'X.' Now the corpse should remain on the field and fade properly as intended

Chex:

General:

-Chex monsters that can be revived now leave a 'mini figure' of themselves that let players know where their corpses lay

-Flem Spore(Upgraded): Created sprites to differentiate between upgraded and unupgraded spores

Balance:

-Flem Spore(Upgraded): Upgraded Flem Spores now have the chance to spawn Larva, Armored Bipedals, and Cyclops

-Common Flemoid(Upgrade): Raised the cost of the upgrade from 30 to 30/10

-Common Flemoid: By default, Common Flemoids now have their original split upgrade and spawn normal spores at half of the spawn rate with only one spore instead of two

-Armored Bipedal: By default, Armored Bipedal Flemoids now have their original split upgrade upgrade and spawn normal spores in their missile states at half of the original chance

-Cyclops: Removed the +PUSHABLE flag from the attack and see state that disables it. Going to gauge how this goes

-Stridicus (Upgrade): Raised the cost from 30/10 to 30/15

-Stridicus: By default, Stridicus now have the original legacy upgrade with the exception of the death state only spawning 2 spores instead of 4

-Flem Mine: Added the 'MaxTargetRange' property to mines and set it to 1000 units. Hopefully this curbs the random player kills from across the map with stagnant mines

-Super Cyclops Flemoid: Increased Super Cyclops' damage from 7 to9 and lowered their painchance from 50 to 25

-Maximus: Maxmius now partially hit ghosts the same way Super Cyclops do (12 tics second doesn't, 8 tics does repeat), and increased their rate of fire

-Flem Meteor(Upraded): Upgraded Meteors now have the chance to spawn upgraded spores

-Slime Carrier: Slime Carriers now have the chance to spawn upgraded spores

-Flembomination: Flembos now have the chance to spawn upgraded spores

-Lord Snotfolus: Snot Lords now have the chance to spawn upgraded spores. They also had different 'See' states in TLMS compared to LMS before giving up. The TLMS version is now the default

Bugs:

-Players could endlessly produce spores and slimes when punched with the teleporter or remover

-Quadrumpus: Quadpumpus vanilla projectiles didn't leave a decal on a wall

-Flembomination: The Flembomination summonball was too big for the monster. They should now be less temperamental to spawn

-Bipedal Flemoid: Bipedals health on the messages said 150 instead of 140

Virus:

General:

-You now are able to select which level/grade of units affected by the ground upgrade you'd like after purchasing by using altfire. For example: You've unlocked level 2 ground units and if you hit altfire, you will be able to switch between level 1 and 2. This does lead to a lot of the subsequent balance changes, but hopefully everything is coherent and doesn't break the flow of gameplay...

-Mill(DeathBlaze): Added an antenna on top of DB Mills so they're easier to tell apart from normal Mills

Balance:

-Adjusted the explosion damage from Virus so they now correspond to whatever level the monster is. The original explosion is now level 3, and the level 2 explosion I've made is now the default explosion for other Virus units not affected by the upgrade

-Turret(Upgraded): Level 2 turrets now fire faster, and have an increased chance of firing while level 3 now hit ghosts. Due to this change, level 3 Turrets have went up in price and now cost 10/3

-Turret(Spreadshot & Upgraded): Level 2 turrets now fire faster, and have an increased chance of firing while level 3 now hit ghosts with one ball and shoot the level one projectile for the other. Due to this change, the costs are now 14/1, 15/2 and 16/3 for each of the levels

-Treadmill(Upgraded): Level 2 and 3 Treadmills now have increased rates of fire. Because of this, the costs for each level are now 35/7 and 40/9 respectively. They are no longer able to be ressurected either

-Mesh Flier: Dropped Meshies painchance, and increased the amount of damage done by their missiles and explosions

-Meshwalker(Upgraded): Level 2 and 3 Meshwalkers now have 1550 and 1700hp while getting increased firing rates per level. Again due to said changes the costs for level 2 and 3 Meshwalkers are now 50/12 & 55/14

-Leader: Redid all three of the Leader's attacks so now the red blaster and missiles have way more pep and impact than before. Subsequently I had to increase the cost to 75/55 to compensate because now the Leader is bad to the bone

-Felix: Redid all the attack projectiles and increased the power and output of the Felix overall. Now the Felix does some great range dumbfire... especially the alpha strike

-Felix(Upgraded): Level 2 and 3 Felixes now have 4750 & 5000hp while gaining higher firing rates per level. Due to this, costs for the Felix at level 2 and 3 are now 80/75 & 90/80

-Land Carrier(Upgraded): Level 2 and 3 Land Carriers now summon 50 and 65 pairs of Drones while gaining +1 projectiles in the concentrated burst attack at while having increased firing rates. The cost for level 2 & 3 Land Carrier's now are 115/105 and 130/110

Bugs:

-Prism: XDeath state didn't spawn mana upon Prism's death

-Spreadshot Turret: Level 2 Spreadshot summonballs weren't translucent and the summon sound didn't play. Talk about game breaking bugs. The cost message also said they cost more than they did

-Mill: Upgraded Mill's had a chance to display the incorrect sprites in thier idle state

-Virus: Virus' projectiles now drop the fleck as they fly along in addition to being charged. Also boosted the radius from 10 to 13

-Felix: The hud messages and new hud erroneously stated that the Felix could partially hit ghosts. This is not true because the Felix CAN ALWAYS hit ghosts

-Land Carrier(All): Land Carries summonballs radius was way smaller than it should have been. LCs should be way less temperamental to spawn now especially against a wall
Spoiler: Maps V1.8b Changelog (Open)
Added in 11 new maps. They are as follows:

ZDWars33: Derivativecraft by Grymmoire

ZDWars34: Castle Defense by Banjoster

ZDWars35: Lesser Crucible by Leonan (Yes, brought this back and it will be rehauled next map pack release)

ZDWars36: Burning Demise by Guigui. This one has a CVar for the lava floor called 'ZDWars36Trap' and setting it to 1 turns off the damage

ZDWars37: The Kosher by Ivan

ZDWars38: Red Canyon by Whodaman (Rehauled duel version)

ZDWars39: The Programmer Core by Gardevoir

ZDWars40: Netherworld by Grymmoire

ZDWars41: The Dead Tropics by Razgriz

ZDWars42: Invasion! by Grymmoire

ZDWars43: Fort Frenzy by yours truly (Rehauled and better than ever)

ZDWars44: Downtown Redux by Gardevoir

Thanks to all of you fine folks and your contributions. There are also an additional 6 or so maps that are still being worked on and will be added in to the next map pack release.

-_-
Forum Regular

Post by -_- » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:40 am

Yay big updates here! Good job repo!

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:20 pm

I don't like the Order Bishop change. It's very easy to defend against (no-ghost hit) and really just a niche unit. Not only that but you made it taller, so how are we supposed to place it now? The areas where we could hardly place one are gone now so it's more of a niche unit than before. Honestly I don't know why you even wanted to touch the height.

SwordGrunt
Forum Regular

Post by SwordGrunt » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:56 pm

Ivan wrote:I don't like the Order Bishop change. It's very easy to defend against (no-ghost hit) and really just a niche unit. Not only that but you made it taller, so how are we supposed to place it now? The areas where we could hardly place one are gone now so it's more of a niche unit than before. Honestly I don't know why you even wanted to touch the height.
Their sprite height is at least 110 units tall so having their hitbox be half of that is ridiculous. Their projectiles were really damn strong and needed to be toned down a bit since they could still hit ghosts in melee range with the blast damage (Spectres particularly have a bad time killing them). I think the explosion damage reduction was a good way to go but the impact damage nerf could be overkill, we'll see.