Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.8a

General discussion of the port and Doom-related chat.
fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

RE: Complex Doom Invasion

Post by fr blood » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:30 am

Sorry, of course I didn't see your first post, I will explain you quickly how it works.

To make Zandronum launch a map as Invasion you must place an invasion thing, like a monster or an item spot.
Each spot got 5 arguments:
. arg1: how many things will spawn from that spot, item will respawn there only if they are taken, but monster will keep spawning if the spot is free.
. arg2: the delay before spawning another thing, if you take an item then it will wait this delay to respawn another one, and if a monster spawned from this spot then it will wait the same delay to respawn the same monster.
. arg3: is the delay before the spot start spawning his stuff, this delay is reset at each wave.
. arg4: is the 1st wave when you want this spot to start spawning his stuff, after that if you want the spot to stop working you will have to give it an ID and remove it with scripts.
. arg5: is the maximum amount of things that will spawn from spot, knowing the the number of things spawned from this spot will raise with wave progress.

You told me that you are new at mapping, then I will tell you that Invasion map isn't the best part to begin with because you will need to have some knowledge at ACS.

axel37

Post by axel37 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:57 pm

Thank you for replying.
Can you give me a good place to start with ACS ?

Oh and... Complex doom really needs a wiki.
EDIT: Or maybe an entire website (forum at least) but.... yeah I shouldn't ask too much ;)
Last edited by axel37 on Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:01 pm

axel37 wrote: Thank you for replying.
Can you give me a good place to start with ACS ?

Oh and... Complex doom really needs a wiki.
EDIT: Or maybe an entire website (forum at least) but.... yeah I shouldn't ask too much ;)
Sorry but I'm not good as a teacher, I learned ACS by looking in project that I liked and with the help of Zdoom Wiki and the community.

And I'm not the creator of Complex Doom so for a website ask it to Daedalus.

axel37

Post by axel37 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:22 pm

Sorry but I'm not good as a teacher, I learned ACS by looking in project that I liked and with the help of Zdoom Wiki and the community.
Okay, I'll look for videos guide and go trough the wiki.
And I'm not the creator of Complex Doom so for a website ask it to Daedalus.
How can I contact him ?

So, is there a place where I can find answer to my questions about ComplexDoom ?
Last edited by axel37 on Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:38 pm

axel37 wrote: So, is there a place where I can find answer to my questions about ComplexDoom ?
Daedalus has pretty much said he's never creating a forum thread, so unless someone makes a Zandro Wiki page about it, you just have to ask your questions ingame or on IRC. Or PM Daed' here on the forums.
Last edited by Ænima on Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Lycaon

Post by Lycaon » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:55 am

Something occurred to me when thinking about all those times a monster gets stuck at the end of a wave (maybe a couple) and players end up hunting for it all across the map. Sometimes it's an imp trapped in a little room that is irrelevant at that point in the map. Maybe you could make it so that whenever there is like 1% or less monsters left in a wave, they spawn an actor that appears as a mark in the automap, with the exception of maybe bosses and the kind of monsters that are supposed to be alone. I don't know if this is possible, but i'm willing to guess it is.

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:43 am

Lycaon wrote: Something occurred to me when thinking about all those times a monster gets stuck at the end of a wave (maybe a couple) and players end up hunting for it all across the map. Sometimes it's an imp trapped in a little room that is irrelevant at that point in the map. Maybe you could make it so that whenever there is like 1% or less monsters left in a wave, they spawn an actor that appears as a mark in the automap, with the exception of maybe bosses and the kind of monsters that are supposed to be alone. I don't know if this is possible, but i'm willing to guess it is.
This is logic, and it shall has been implimented in the main invasion gameplay, but I can't think that I will be able to code that because the spawned monsters don't have a speficied ID, the only solution would be to spawn somewhere an invisible ally actor that would spot them and give them an inventory that would start marking them on the automap, but it's not codable on Zandronum 2.1
Last edited by fr blood on Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

arkore
Forum Regular

Post by arkore » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:03 am

In Killing Floor, the last monster would be killed if players cannot find it. Could have an ACS script that runs and checks ThingCount for type of monsters and kill remaining monsters. If the problem becomes bad enough, then I'd be tempted to code this script.
Creator of Zone-F, Rocket Arena, Jail Break, Hellway Invasion, Hellstop, Bosses from Hell, Chillax II, and ArkDoom.

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:04 am

My best way of dealing with it is using "kill monsters"...."kill" works as well incase I get stuck, there should be a vote like function for the admin of the server that can be used to kill all monsters currently in the map so that the gameplay can move forward.
Last edited by Sepia-Paper on Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skeleton

Post by Skeleton » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:39 pm

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]DOOTDOOTDOOTDOOT[/spoiler]

Kara Kurt

Post by Kara Kurt » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:44 pm

That's the ultimate Complex Invasion boss brought to you by blood!

N30N

Post by N30N » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:06 pm

Final boss confirmed to be a zombie totempole! (additional mancubi & baby demo topping included!)
Ką?

axel37

Post by axel37 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:04 pm

Hi ! (me again...)

So I'm still working on my invasion map, and I just got a question....

Is there any Mini-Bosses ?
Boss-like monsters with less HP or, idk...

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:29 pm

axel37 wrote: Hi ! (me again...)

So I'm still working on my invasion map, and I just got a question....

Is there any Mini-Bosses ?
Boss-like monsters with less HP or, idk...
Actually the only mini boss monsters are Legendary Cyberdemon and Sentient.

kyanh_icloud
New User

Post by kyanh_icloud » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:10 pm

Hello, I just played your project as singleplayer with Russian Overkill mod plus the patch i made, god that was awesome... :wink:
Hello, I just played your project as singleplayer with Russian Overkill mod plus the patch i made, god that was awesome :wink:
Last edited by kyanh_icloud on Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Untitled
Forum Regular

Post by Untitled » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:20 pm

Ok, the marines just got 0-6'd in Alien Vendetta MAP01-MAP06 (marines lost EVERY ROUND); I think this mod is kind of unbalanced.

EDIT: Specifically what killed us was monster-camping; the best example was MAP03 where a team of revenants spammed missiles through a doorway; it didn't matter how good you were; you really could not get through that.
Last edited by Untitled on Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm in despair! The fact someone would give me the title 'Forum Regular' has left me in despair!"
Spoiler: Me in a nutshell (Open)
<Untitled> this is a terrible idea
<Untitled> lets do it anyway

<Untitled> Depends
<Untitled> What kind of wad error is "Address not Mapped to Object (Signal 11)"?

<Untitled> So today I found out that stupidity is nested fractally
<Untitled> There is no lower bound
Projects:
SamsaraHold http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3053

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Catastrophe » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:00 pm

Untitled wrote: Ok, the marines just got 0-6'd in Alien Vendetta MAP01-MAP06 (marines lost EVERY ROUND); I think this mod is kind of unbalanced.
???

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:28 pm

If you are talking about Master of Puppet then you are in the wrong thread.

kyanh_icloud thanks for you reply, I still wonder how the hell you managed to make it compatible with RO.

kyanh_icloud
New User

Post by kyanh_icloud » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:07 am

fr blood wrote: If you are talking about Master of Puppet then you are in the wrong thread.

kyanh_icloud thanks for you reply, I still wonder how the hell you managed to make it compatible with RO.
Well, I have a heavily beta patch, because I'm so new to mod development, here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/wv201 ... ta_2_5.pk3
- The files must be loaded in the good order:
. complex-doom.v26a2.pk3
. lca-v1.5.0.pk3
. complex-doom-song_0.9.pk3
. complex-doom-invasion_0.9.wad
. RO_pb_2.2_zan_01.pk3
. Complex_doom_LCA_class_RO_patch_beta_2_5.pk3
- The patch used the zandonum port of the older version of the RO mod by user HexaDoken (of this forum), in this thread http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4500 , if you want him to update the port to a custom version 2.3.x (closest to the latest official version) for more feature then go convince him
- The patch will going to have bug's like:
+ Gray armor and Red armor are uncollectible, I'm plan to replace it with shield charge's (done)
+ You can't use tank or any kind of suit
+ Some weapon (pretty rare) is unchanged complex doom weapon and can't be collected
+ Even more problem of the patch you will found ...
- I can't spend time develop this patch like any other mod maker, I even have school to do... So if anyone want to fix the patch, then go ahead, don't forget to credit me (for the idea and attempt) and youseft (for fixing the patch)
Last edited by kyanh_icloud on Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

kyanh_icloud
New User

Post by kyanh_icloud » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:35 am

Doomenator wrote: I think need a patch to the corpses of the monsters disappeared faster or burned as in Legacy Of Suffering.
So also this patch will useful for Complex Doom on maps with lots of monsters.
I agree, on map cdm03 and cdm12, when so many monster coming around, same effect as nut wad's
(arrrrrg, My english!!!!!)