ZBloodX Addon : Update 1.3 [12\9\2015]

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Danzoa
Banned
Banned: Permanently

RE: ZBloodX Addon : Update 1.3 [12\9\2015]

Post by Danzoa » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:23 pm

Yeah, it IS best to look at the original game, but considering the source code was never released it's kind of hard to look at what the original game has to offer in code, at least I think so.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:27 pm

It's true but animation info and actor behavior is not so easily portable from Eduke to Doom. Eduke has advanced functions that you'd need ACS, and sometimes even fail to use ACS to achieve (checking distances from walls, evading pitfalls / water sectors, dodging hits etc) it'd not be possible to use. However as a reference point on the basic logic I guess it's possible. Their actor code is not incredibly difficult to understand.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Armitage
Forum Regular
Clan: Exodus
Clan Tag: [E]

Post by Armitage » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:40 pm

Ivan wrote:- Hellhounds would never jump like that, that's super annoying.

- I've noticed many of the phantasms were removed from map that they usually were present. I don't know why though.
From what I can gather the enemy A.I was enhanced as the assumption was made that what made Blood hard was mainly the Cultists and other enemies couldn't match their stopping power.

The Phantasm is now equivalent to a mini boss moving extremely fast, being able to clip through walls and firing out multiple projectiles that hit hard, hence they appear rarely.

What sparked these changes I'm uncertain, but it would be ironic if it were feature requests from Doomers having no knowledge or experience with the original game, then you may have those who lament it not being authentic to the original so it's a mystery.
"He who hesitates is lost".

Fastclick
New User

Post by Fastclick » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:58 pm

Hello everyone! Need some help.
When in multiplayer (Zan 3.0), fire from "Tommygun" courses massive lag. Also server log full this: "Warning: Actor ZBulletPuff doesn't have a netID and therefore can't be manipulated online!"
Last edited by Fastclick on Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daedalus

Post by Daedalus » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:17 am

Are you using the latest version? I'm sure he resolved it.

I notified him about this, a bunch of actors in the add-on inherit from the Doom bullet puff and blood splat and if any of them spawn online they cause terrible lag/desync.

Try: http://britsteel.allfearthesentinel.net ... n1.30c.pk3

EDIT: If you're reading this Pegg, the Voodoo puff still has this issue in the latest.
Last edited by Daedalus on Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fastclick
New User

Post by Fastclick » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:53 am

Daedalus wrote: Are you using the latest version? I'm sure he resolved it.

I notified him about this, a bunch of actors in the add-on inherit from the Doom bullet puff and blood splat and if any of them spawn online they cause terrible lag/desync.

Try: http://britsteel.allfearthesentinel.net ... n1.30c.pk3
Works now. Many thanks!

VoidedBrain

Post by VoidedBrain » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:25 am

This is the sort of work I like to see. Placing an update list shows that you actually give a damn.

Ayylmao2
New User

Re: ZBloodX Addon : Update 1.3 [12\9\2015]

Post by Ayylmao2 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:31 pm

I hate to bump on an inactive thread but do you mind me continuing the project? I've already done tons of fixes and edits for this mod.

phpBB [media]

Cruduxy
Zandrone

Re: ZBloodX Addon : Update 1.3 [12\9\2015]

Post by Cruduxy » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:28 pm

Feel free to do so man. I didn't do anything for doom in ages, I have no idea if I might go back one day to finish this project though. It had 3 stuff I wanted to do.
1) Toss away all the textures and sprites, That's right. The wad uses Doom 2 palette and I realized that the previous wads had this too late. I've had some shitty attempts with people to play with original palette and it felt better, minus a lot of textures getting even worse.
2) Mapping project. Sadly I am a bit too impatient with precise mapping and a mapping leader should be better experienced.
3) Actually finish that vanilla mode.

Also are you sure you based it off my latest version? Pretty sure my latest version had most voxels ingame. And there is a different mappack on bestever that includes the Hall of Ephiphany as a faithful remake.

I know your post is very old by now but this won't hurt :P.