[UPDATED TO 2.8] Guncaster - Zan 3.0 Beta

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
loismustdie555
New User

[UPDATED TO 2.8] Guncaster - Zan 3.0 Beta

Post by loismustdie555 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:37 pm

First, yes I did get permission from PillowBlaster to post this.

Refer to the original thread for the main mod info, this thread is just for the new stuff.
There IS a bug or two I know of, but if anyone finds any I haven't found, please, let me know!

Current version - 555_2.8

New features;
Works online (In Zandronum 3.0 ONLY!)

Bugs;
Probably a lot, I have done almost zero bug testing! REPORT ALL BUGS YOU FIND! I will fix them if I can, when I can.

Changelog;
Removed all info from previous versions.
Updated mod from scratch (vanilla build of GC rebuilt for Zan 3)

DOWNLOAD THE MOD

IMPORTANT FOR EVENTUAL MODDERS! If you want to make use of the content of the mod or do something based on it, contact PillowBlaster on ZDoomForums first, or look into this spoiler below.

[spoiler]!!!!!!
IF YOU PLAN ON USING ANYTHING FROM THE MOD OR MAKE SOMETHING BASED ON IT, READ THIS, BECAUSE IT'S IMPORTANT IF YOU VALUE YOUR LIFE.
!!!!!!

The sounds aren't mine anyway, so 98% of them are free to be used (that 2% that should be asked about first is MartyKirra's or Icytux's VA).
Just remember to credit the source as well, if I provided such in the SNDINFO, or if you appear to know it.
Albeit the mention from where you got it (aka this mod) would also be nice, but not necessary.
If you happen to know the sound or the asset's source, and I haven't listed it in the SNDINFO or the credit page here, drop me a PM please, so I can add it!
Everything else that I took from somewhere or is made by someone else (unless it was made specifically for this mod) is free to be taken, since I have had taken it myself.

The usage or modification without permission is explicitly forbidden by default for mine or DoomNukem's graphic work, the decorate, and the ACS (unless it's stated otherwise in the ACS source file).

If you want to make a balance, addition, 'brutalization', reference, or personal taste reasons-mod\addon, and release it to the public - ask me first.
If you plan on making changes in the content, especially drastic ones, I'll already warn you that it's probably gonna receive instant "No.".
If you look for a reason, it just feels like somebody strips you off your own mod in excuse of "Enchancing" it.
I've had seen enough Brutal Doom variations to see where that might go. (Not that all of them are bad, no no! But if a variation would indeed happen, I'd rather give the keys to someone I can trust.)

(No, seriously, if I'll find you using even a little bit of any weapon, especially the revolver or the super quadshotgun, I swear on me mum that I'll punch you in the gabber.
And strangle you with your own intestines. And that's only beginning of the things I'd most likely do.)

[End of rant]

So yeah - now, just gonna credit here some peeps that are really awesome for giving or letting me steal all this shit! DOUBLE-STANDARDS, AHOY.
(not really, but I hope to not receive cease and desist, as I did my best to not bring blasphemy upon their humble work. :P)

Special thanks to the Crew that consists of DoomNukem, Stan423321, Zhs2, Cage, KeksDose, and last but not least, MartyKirra - for their assistance!
Also, a little mention for Icytux and Zrrion the Insect, as they're cool guys as well.

Stuff in no particular order:

Other stuff:
Marrub (I kinda had extracted a hunch of KF sounds myself, but thanks to him - I actually got all of them now!)

Code stuff: (For more reference, the ACS source files provide info.)
Stan423321 - Majority of ACS work inside this whack of a mod
KeksDose - Skypunch, Gunsnake
Zhs2 - Skill wheel quick selection methods, and a bunch of eventual fixes/additions
Nash - View tilt mode
Xaser - THE GLORIOUS GIFT OF SYNTHFIRE

Sound stuff:
Le Mudcrab\Freesound - Money pickup sounds
Wildweasel - Gem pickup sound
Icytux - dem silly Korax sound clips you may find inside
Marty Kirra - Cygnis voicework
Gustaf Grefberg - Enclave OST (The game's also awesome, TRY IT, FOR DUCKS SAKE!)
Dragonforce - Through the Fire and Flames (like you didn't see that coming for the next instance of EXTREMESPHERE, EH!?)

Graphic stuff:
Font for promotional stuff and such that I love and abuse a lot - Uberlin by Antonio Rodrigues Jr, from 1001fonts.com
The_Funktasm - Original hands base
KeksDose - Majority of the SFX graphics (For instance, BLUFF.png, CLOUD_01.png, lightnings, or the firebreath)
DoomNukem - Skill wheel graphics and most of the icons, new weapon graphics, Sovereign projectile and ammo pickups
Pillowblaster - Most of the graphic work inside the mod (Most of the new pickups except for the ammo, partly skill wheel graphics, reworked HUD, hands, decals, crosshairs, fonts, menu, refined TNT, stuff like that.)
TheDarkArchon - Base of the HUD
Banjo Soft.\3DRealms - Base for the new boot
Monolith Ent. - TNT
TheRailgunner - Dreadful and its effects recolor I salvaged for Blue Tiberium upgrade
Marty Kirra - Logo, Cauterizer, playerclass base
Cage - Old Dreadful, Medbag, Armor pickups
Neoworm - Hitchcock's Birds ravens, Threadcutter knives
Eriance - Skullfire (Projectile, chunks, trail)
Monolith\Blood - Skullfire (Drop fire)
AEoD folks - Skullfire (Fire mine), Gumpop splashes
Raven Soft. - Frostbite (Majority of projectiles)
Xaser - Thunderstruck lightnings, gumpop bubbles
Daniel - Annihilation projectiles
Black Legion Development - Skypunch
Sangelothi - Cauterizer big ammo pickup
Ryan Cordell - Longhorn small ammo pickup
Paul (NMN) - Longhorn big ammo pickup

Other stuff:
Sergeant Mark IV - Bloody mess (Hey, say what you say - he's still good at what he started with!)[/spoiler]
Last edited by loismustdie555 on Wed May 18, 2016 2:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

loismustdie555
New User

RE: Guncaster - Zan 3.0 Beta

Post by loismustdie555 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:33 am

Having this issue with the pulverizer bullet puffs not following your aim online. Anyone know how to fix this?
phpBB [video]
The [video] tag is deprecated, please use the [media] tag
Last edited by loismustdie555 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:40 pm

Those seem like projectile bullets, so you have two options. If 3.0 has SXF_TRANSFERPOINTERS you can use those along with A_SpawnItemEx. If not, use the method the thrubullets mod has. (It should be found in bestever, I know it's hosted along SNS or something)
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Torr Samaho
Lead Developer

Post by Torr Samaho » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:34 pm

Nice to see that you are already making good use 3.0! Guess it's time for an official beta release of 3.0...
loismustdie555 wrote: Having this issue with the pulverizer bullet puffs not following your aim online. Anyone know how to fix this?
If things behave differently online and offline, it could be a Zandronum bug. There are many new ZDoom features in 3.0 that have never been tested online and may still need changes in Zandronum itself. If you create a minimal example wad and a tracker ticket for this issue, I'll look into it.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:33 pm

Torr Samaho wrote: Nice to see that you are already making good use 3.0! Guess it's time for an official beta release of 3.0...
That'd be very awesome actually. I'll be waiting for this.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

loismustdie555
New User

Post by loismustdie555 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:35 am

Torr Samaho wrote: Nice to see that you are already making good use 3.0! Guess it's time for an official beta release of 3.0...
loismustdie555 wrote: Having this issue with the pulverizer bullet puffs not following your aim online. Anyone know how to fix this?
If things behave differently online and offline, it could be a Zandronum bug. There are many new ZDoom features in 3.0 that have never been tested online and may still need changes in Zandronum itself. If you create a minimal example wad and a tracker ticket for this issue, I'll look into it.
Thing is, I believe this was present in 2.1.2 as well. When I was porting Project Brutality to 2.1.2 I noticed that online it behaved the same when firing bullets on certain weapons. The problem is that the weapons all seem to use relatively the same code, so I don't know what the issue is. I will work on trying to fix it and if I can't I will try and make a minimal example wad for you.

DevilHunter
Zandronum Tester

Post by DevilHunter » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:41 pm

I had minor issues as well playing this online.. I will list them

1. For some odd reason, I can buy spells to use, but upon buying them, it will say I already have it. I have the spell anyhow, and it works just fine

2. The "Old Dredful" (BFG variant) completly makes the Zan client itself shit itself and crash. The server however, is still online.

3. I get alot of warnings.. Mostly Pstart errors with certain weapons. They do work, just can't figure out why it whines about it.

4. When too many slime barrels go off at once, the whole server just lags out. There splash effect seems to set up the huge lagspike. I was out of sync until I disconnected, and reconnected.

5. The ammo counter is somewhat misleading. I thought for sure I had to reload a few times. And Yes I know the right counter is max ammo, and left is how much ammo is left in the gun.

Other then that, I really like this. A bit heavy in the graphics department, like for example, the explosions caused by the Supershotgun, but eh.. My pc is weak.

loismustdie555
New User

Re: [UPDATED TO 2.8] Guncaster - Zan 3.0 Beta

Post by loismustdie555 » Wed May 18, 2016 2:28 am

I updated the mod to the latest version of Guncaster (2.8), everyone interested, please test as much as possible. I'll soon be running a server for a little while called
[555] [Z3] Guncaster 555 Beta Test Server
Please join if you wish to do co-op and/or bugtesting, please do!

EDIT: Server closed, going to bed. Will check back for bug reports later.

Doomenator
Forum Regular

Post by Doomenator » Thu May 19, 2016 12:51 am

loismustdie555 wrote:I updated the mod to the latest version of Guncaster (2.8), everyone interested, please test as much as possible. I'll soon be running a server for a little while called
[555] [Z3] Guncaster 555 Beta Test Server
Please join if you wish to do co-op and/or bugtesting, please do!

EDIT: Server closed, going to bed. Will check back for bug reports later.
Lv2 red key bug. Play offline Zandronum 3.0-alpha-160510-1827.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

TKBold
Registered just to make one post

Post by TKBold » Mon May 23, 2016 3:04 am

Not sure if this is a new bug, my only experience with Zandronum is literally what I messed around with in the last 45 minutes... it seems player coloring is being weird. Adjusting color settings only changes eye color, which in the original mod, is about the only color unchanged by goofing around with player color... I'm guessing something got switched around regarding which colors are changed. I don't know if this is a bug, or intentional for stability reasons, is just something I noticed.

Also as a real bug report thing, Dynamite seems to float upward once it lands after being thrown. The explosion also doesn't appear, but its damage and range is still there.