Skulltag Content (released!)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Hypnotoad
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Skulltag Content (released!)

Post by Hypnotoad » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:32 pm

With permission from Carnevil and the Zandronum developers, Skulltag_Data.pk3 and Skulltag_Actors.pk3 has been merged into a single project, allowing Skulltag to essentially be reborn as a fully separate mod for Zandronum.

Skulltag mods now only require a single archive, Skulltag_Content*.*pk3 (* being the version, e.g. 2.1 for the version targeting Zandronum 2.1), to be loaded with your project.

In addition:
The warnings that spam the console when running or hosting Skulltag Data + Actors have been addressed in the new archive.

The PK3 has been compressed such that you can now explore all the content including the content from Skulltag_Actors with wad editors such as SLADE.

The PK3 will be actively maintained to fix any issues that are present or may emerge as Zandronum updates, and possibly add new (or forgotten) content.

Changelog:
[spoiler]====Skulltag Content Changelog=====

Merged Skulltag Actors
Removed problem flag sprites that spammed warnings in the Zandronum console
Updated maps D2DM5, D2DM6 and D2ST7 to call ThrustThing(Z) directly from sector actions for clientside prediction as suggested by unknownna
Removed faulty unnamed texture from Texture1 lump
Added a \doc directory to store documentation[/spoiler]

About Skulltag:
[spoiler]Skulltag was a multiplayer source port of Doom. Skulltag was founded by Carnevil, and was the precursor to Zandronum which is a fork of Skulltag.

Skulltag itself came with various contents in separate pk3s distributed along side it, including (from skulltag.com):

Runes, new weapons, and new monsters for modders.
50 new, well designed stock maps for any game mode.

Additionally, a large collection of textures which are still used in many mods today.
[/spoiler]

Download: http://www.[bad site]/download?file= ... nt2.1a.pk3
Last edited by Hypnotoad on Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hypnotoad

RE: Skulltag

Post by Hypnotoad » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:44 pm

Decay wrote: Are you saying that we might have to continually download these file because you fancy to update it with something pointless to match the zandronum version number? There seems to be 0 point in adding new content. Why might you do so?
The main thing is, as Zandronum updates they occasionally update Skulltag_Actors along with it as necessary to maintain compatibility with the engine and Zandronum.pk3 (for instance it was recently updated for 2.1, but all the servers are still hosting the old skulltag_actors1-1-1.pk3 at the moment unfortunately), so any of these changes will have to be merged into Skulltag_Content.pk3. These changes are very infrequent, so it is unlikely at all that you'd need to download many, if any updates.

edit: I should add that they are planning to phase out maintaining or distributing skulltag_actors completely by 3.0 from what I understand.
Last edited by Hypnotoad on Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:48 pm

Having to load less wads is always a good thing

Doomkid
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: UniDoom
Clan Tag: [UD]

Post by Doomkid » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:26 am

^agreed, I think this is a step in the right direction

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:18 am

Whatever's easiest for the players and modders.

Plus now that that stuff's not being touched anymore it's probably not necessary to seperate 'actors from 'data.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Marcaek
Forum Staff

Post by Marcaek » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:25 am

Any updates to the\a STACTORS\DATA package should use versioning.

Hypnotoad

RE: Skulltag (released!)

Post by Hypnotoad » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:22 pm

Skulltag_Content2.1.pk3 has now been released, download here: http://www.[bad site]/download?file= ... ent2.1.pk3

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

RE: Skulltag (released!)

Post by Ivan » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:00 pm

I think the thread title is misleading, you are not releasing Skulltag, you are releasing content of it so I'd change the title to reflect it.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Hypnotoad

RE: Skulltag Content (released!)

Post by Hypnotoad » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:39 pm

Ivan wrote: I think the thread title is misleading, you are not releasing Skulltag, you are releasing content of it so I'd change the title to reflect it.
Done.

Blzut3
Developer

Post by Blzut3 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:00 pm

Ivan wrote: you are not releasing Skulltag
Somewhat debatable. From what I understand Skulltag started as a mod, and I guess that's how it will end. :razz:

Sean
IRC Operator

Post by Sean » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:42 am

<capodecima> i dont say any more word without my loyer jenova

Hypnotoad

Post by Hypnotoad » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:57 pm

Unfortunately (and oh so typically) skulltag_content2.1.pk3 contained a bug in the textures.txt lump, so anyone using this must replace it with http://www.[bad site]/download?file= ... nt2.1a.pk3
Last edited by Hypnotoad on Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

letsa
Registered just to make one post

Re: Skulltag Content (released!)

Post by letsa » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:20 pm

Is this 'Content' still leading for running SkullTag mods on Zandronum?If so, some remarks:

1. The Skulltagweapons.txt doesn't include the proper Weapon.SlotNumbers, so switching to the Skulltag weapons will be difficult. (As perhaps also demonstrated in https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... p33421&#41;
2. I noticed the Skulltagweapons's Railgun is missing the "RailgunPuff", which is supposed to allow for armor piercing. Was that omitted for a reason?

*edit*

Comparing to the other skulltag_actors.pk3 I have, I see the skulltagrunes.txt definitions missing from your content too. Now, I don't have a clue about Skulltag's history, but to me it seems like your pack has SkullTag content missing?

SwordGrunt
Forum Regular

Post by SwordGrunt » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:49 pm

letsa wrote:Is this 'Content' still leading for running SkullTag mods on Zandronum?If so, some remarks:

1. The Skulltagweapons.txt doesn't include the proper Weapon.SlotNumbers, so switching to the Skulltag weapons will be difficult.
2. I noticed the Skulltagweapons's Railgun is missing the "RailgunPuff", which is supposed to allow for armor piercing. Was that omitted for a reason?

*edit*

Comparing to the other skulltag_actors.pk3 I have, I see the skulltagrunes.txt definitions missing from your content too. Now, I don't have a clue about Skulltag's history, but to me it seems like your pack has SkullTag content missing?
Runes are defined internally in zandronum.pk3, as well as Skulltag artifacts (spheres), maxhealth bonus, and maxarmor bonus (but not Red Armor)

Tiger

Post by Tiger » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:17 pm

Can you please update the download URL, I am not able to retrieve the file through BE's services. I was, however, able to retrieve a copy using DevilHunter's mirror.

Thanks in advance,
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier

doomjedi
New User

Post by doomjedi » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:42 pm

Guys, I'm past member and contributor or Skulltag team, and the maker of the "Double Resolution pack for Skulltag" (among with quite some other Skulltag graphics, medals, skins, CTF flag etc....).

Would be cool to make Skulltag mod, and even expend it further, including "Double Resolution" pack for it.

Here for example my improvement of the tall torch I made for Skulltag pack back then:

Other art can be also expanded and improved, can make art for new Game Modes, medals, runes, probably new skins can be added as well.

Who will pick up the torch of the New Skulltag mod under Zandronum?

sshrugg
New User

Post by sshrugg » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:33 am

It looks like the links on this thread are down. Has there been an update for Zandronum 3.1?

Looks cool! Thanks!

WaTaKiD
Master Server Admin

Post by WaTaKiD » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:26 pm

sshrugg wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:33 am
It looks like the links on this thread are down. Has there been an update for Zandronum 3.1?

Looks cool! Thanks!
https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... beta01.pk3