RE: Zandronum's Advanced Binary

Post by Klofkac » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:54 pm

What about penguins?
𝕂𝕝𝕠𝕗𝕜𝕒𝕔

Fused
Contributor

RE: Zandronum's Advanced Binary [ZAN 2.0 v1.0]

Post by Fused » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:09 pm

Mirror 2 updated. Also for the sake of organisation and keeping older binaries available later on I'll include versions.
Last edited by Fused on Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My mods
Image Image

My socials
Image Image

Carpathia

Post by Carpathia » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:15 am

Nice.

Daedalus

Post by Daedalus » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:21 am

Leonard wrote: I'll probably implement it the next time I update the binary.
Please do, then this thing would be perfect.

Tiger
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Tiger » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:53 pm

Leonard wrote: This needs to be said though: compiling OpenSSL is a MAJOR pain in the ass..
The last time I tried to setup OpenSSL, the latest build (at the time) was released with a bug that prevented any one with a Windows platform to compile it. The fix was to manually edit several files and precompile it before attaching it to the Zandronum source in VS IDE. I think that was the final straw that I gave up.

In other words, I agree with you.

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:39 am

Tiger wrote:
Leonard wrote: This needs to be said though: compiling OpenSSL is a MAJOR pain in the ass..
The last time I tried to setup OpenSSL, the latest build (at the time) was released with a bug that prevented any one with a Windows platform to compile it. The fix was to manually edit several files and precompile it before attaching it to the Zandronum source in VS IDE. I think that was the final straw that I gave up.

In other words, I agree with you.
http://slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html

I used that for my client and it is 100% easier than the garbage written on the wiki. Get the latest non-lite package and just load up the includes and libs.

Dark-Assassin
Maintenence Crew

Post by Dark-Assassin » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:06 am

Leonard wrote:
Daedalus wrote:the only thing that is missing is the the always bob command that Dark-Assassins binary had, weapons continue to bob when firing/reloading (seen here) instead of centring statically.
I'll probably implement it the next time I update the binary.
Another thing that's missing would be the Quake 1 style weapon bob. I also limited the hudpitchoffset to 32 as anything higher was just silly for my method. And the last thing was that I made it so if you move slower, the bob height was reduced. I tried to get it to half the speed too, but that was beyond me at the time.

Also, setting l_swayspeed and looking down causes the weapon sprite to pass it's edge, unless you got l_hudpitchoffset set high enough to negate that.

And finally, most modern browsers will complain when you directly download an exe file. It would be best to zip it up first.
Last edited by Dark-Assassin on Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tiger

Post by Tiger » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:24 am

Catastrophe wrote: http://slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html

I used that for my client and it is 100% easier than the garbage written on the wiki. Get the latest non-lite package and just load up the includes and libs.

If you can, feel free to add that as an alternative link on to the wiki. I have been toying the thought of doing a 'Round 2' on trying to compile Zandronum again, but I stick firm to the Wiki (and ZDoom a bit) for the task.

I have been rather enjoying C# lately for another project, but I need to get re-acquainted with C++ as my University only uses this language ;) .

DevilHunter
Zandronum Tester

Post by DevilHunter » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:42 am

You know what would be nice.. is that if you put the binary on BitBucket. You know, just fork Zandronum and then add your own changes on your fork. Would make it a lot easier to keep track and compile from.

*Another cvar, l_spectsource, will enable a source-engine like noclipping mode when spectating which means you will be able to not only pass through walls but also floors and ceilings.*

I hope you know, Specs can Noclip already heh. And this would be nice if you and Cata would merge together both these binarys. would be the ultimate Package :o

Leonard
Developer

Post by Leonard » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:56 am

Catastrophe wrote:I used that for my client and it is 100% easier than the garbage written on the wiki. Get the latest non-lite package and just load up the includes and libs.
That's what I actually used and somehow after compiling it the exe would need the DLL and after seeing what happened to people downloading it I would rather not rely on it.
DevilHunter wrote:I hope you know, Specs can Noclip already heh.
I do know, but can standard no-clipping let you pass through ceilings and floors?
DevilHunter wrote:And this would be nice if you and Cata would merge together both these binarys. would be the ultimate Package :o
Collaborating does sound nice but I don't know if it's such a great idea considering Catastrophe and I probably have a different workflow.
Klofkac wrote:What about penguins?
I know I told you on Steam but I'll say it again for anyone who uses linux:
I have zero experience with linux but you can compile it yourself and if you do so sharing it would be greatly appreciated.
Dark-Assassin wrote:Another thing that's missing would be the Quake 1 style weapon bob. I also limited the hudpitchoffset to 32 as anything higher was just silly for my method. And the last thing was that I made it so if you move slower, the bob height was reduced. I tried to get it to half the speed too, but that was beyond me at the time.

Also, setting l_swayspeed and looking down causes the weapon sprite to pass it's edge, unless you got l_hudpitchoffset set high enough to negate that.

And finally, most modern browsers will complain when you directly download an exe file. It would be best to zip it up first.
I have no idea how to do Quake 1 bobbing as I never played it and the other x/y calculations were all taken from zdoom's source.
Zipping the exe sounds like a good idea and as for the rest I will look into it.
[spoiler]

Code: Select all

<@WaTaKiD> punish me
* Seanphone gets his belt out
<+Seanphone> all right WaTaKiD bend over

<Kokiri> capo whos your fav pony?
<capo> i like them all

cobalt changes topic to 'ZDoom 2.6.1 progress: at r3771, 23 revisions left (98% complete)'
<edward-san> omg
<edward-san> almost finished!!!
<Sean> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<Sean> Plot twist: This is the status of Half-Life 3.
<Dusk> plot twist: the percentage count suddenly begins to decline instead
<Sean> Torr makes a forum post "We're going back to 2.5.0"
<Dusk> and we do so incrementally
[/spoiler]

Dark-Assassin
Maintenence Crew

Post by Dark-Assassin » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:55 am

Quake 1's weapon bob just has no movement on the X plane at all. Bit weird, but some people seem to like it.

Snippet from my source.

else if (cl_bobstyle == 3)
		{
			*x = 0;
			*y = pitchoffset+FixedMul(player->bob, finesine[angle & (FINEANGLES/2-1)]);
		}
Everything I done in my binary was self made.
Last edited by Dark-Assassin on Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kara Kurt
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by Kara Kurt » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:44 pm

Leonard wrote:
EDIT:
Daedalus wrote:the only thing that is missing is the the always bob command that Dark-Assassins binary had, weapons continue to bob when firing/reloading (seen here) instead of centring statically.
I'll probably implement it the next time I update the binary.
Would be neat.

Torr Samaho
Lead Developer

Post by Torr Samaho » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:01 pm

Leonard wrote: The DLL dependency issue was caused by the fact that I used a compiled OpenSSL installation instead of following what the wiki says in this regard.
Care to elaborate what the problem with OpenSSL is? I wrote the description on the Wiki (at least the initial version, didn't check if somebody altered it since I added it) and it does work fine for me on two different Win 7 machines.

Fused
Contributor

RE: Zandronum's Advanced Binary [ZAN 2.0 v1.0] - DISCONTINUED

Post by Fused » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:38 am

Zandronum's advanced binary has been discontinued due to it being merged with Catastrophe's client. A new thread will be made soon.

EDIT: New thread link: http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=6050
Last edited by Fused on Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My mods
Image Image

My socials
Image Image

Dark-Assassin
Maintenence Crew

Post by Dark-Assassin » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:19 am

Well that was sudden.

I'll see if I can contribute to the new one.
Last edited by Dark-Assassin on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Leonard
Developer

Post by Leonard » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:49 pm

As you already know this got merged with Catastrophe's source but I didn't have the time to post any updates so I'll list here what I was planning to release. Of course all those changes will be in the merged binary.
  • Added l_bobalways which will force the weapon to bob even when firing.
  • Added l_swaystyle which specifies how you want the weapon to sway. It has 4 values from 0 to 3. This was made to address the problem of seeing the weapon's edge.
    0: Normal
    1: No sway up
    2: No sway down
    3: No sway up/down
  • Added a 7th value (6) to l_bobstyle which corresponds to the quake 1 style (thanks to Dark-Assassin for the calculation)
  • Added a new pointer cvar "ptr_team" that gives an int corresponding to the team you're in. If you have no team it will return -1.
  • Fixed the maximum chat length to be actually 128 instead of 126.
  • Made a proper cursor for the chat that actually blinks.
  • Made the chat support raw color codes which will be useful for the feature below:
  • Added a tab auto-completion feature to the chat that works just like in the console. TAB to go forward and SHIFT+TAB to go backwards. It will cycle through every player's name it finds just like on IRC.
Torr Samaho wrote:Care to elaborate what the problem with OpenSSL is? I wrote the description on the Wiki (at least the initial version, didn't check if somebody altered it since I added it) and it does work fine for me on two different Win 7 machines.
I used one of these but after compiling it would require a DLL.
I didn't want to follow the wiki because having to download perl just to be able to compile OpenSSL sounds like a mess as opposed to a simple installer.
Dark-Assassin wrote:I'll see if I can contribute to the new one.
Sure anyone is free to participate and any help is appreciated.
[spoiler]

<@WaTaKiD> punish me
* Seanphone gets his belt out
<+Seanphone> all right WaTaKiD bend over

<Kokiri> capo whos your fav pony?
<capo> i like them all

cobalt changes topic to 'ZDoom 2.6.1 progress: at r3771, 23 revisions left (98% complete)'
<edward-san> omg
<edward-san> almost finished!!!
<Sean> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<Sean> Plot twist: This is the status of Half-Life 3.
<Dusk> plot twist: the percentage count suddenly begins to decline instead
<Sean> Torr makes a forum post "We're going back to 2.5.0"
<Dusk> and we do so incrementally
[/spoiler]