Project Ideas

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Lord_of_D:
Posts a lot

RE: Project Ideas

Post by Lord_of_D: » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:04 am

FateLord wrote: THE MAZE RUNNER.
based off the movie
ur thomas
find your way through the maze
dont get chewed up by grievers
a cooperative survival game where a player is chosen to be a monster(or some players to be different monsters) and hunt down other players that most escape the place, it is a good idea actually, the game Damned uses that mechanic, so it would be a good game to be based on

CloudFlash
Zandrone

Post by CloudFlash » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:41 am

Lord_of_D: wrote:
FateLord wrote: THE MAZE RUNNER.
based off the movie
ur thomas
find your way through the maze
dont get chewed up by grievers
a cooperative survival game where a player is chosen to be a monster(or some players to be different monsters) and hunt down other players that most escape the place, it is a good idea actually, the game Damned uses that mechanic, so it would be a good game to be based on
See: Whodunit, Levelmaster, Deathrun
https://i.imgflip.com/i5tpe.jpg
*Hey, who wants to hear my solution to the modern world's problems? ^Me! %Me! @Me! #Me! *WELL TOO BAD @Did he just stab himself with this butcher knife? %Looks like it ^Hey, the pizza guy arrived! %Pizza! Yey

fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by fr blood » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:09 am

What about a project based on Evolve, it could be awesome on Zandronum.

Lord_of_D:
Posts a lot

Post by Lord_of_D: » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:32 pm

fr blood wrote: What about a project based on Evolve, it could be awesome on Zandronum.
team based players game, human team most escape while hunters team most take down the humans, hunters can respawn and stuff like that, but humans not, however humans do heavy damage and can teamwork, like heal each other or stuff like that

madcat
Forum Regular
Clan Tag: [Sun]

Post by madcat » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:24 pm

Hey, how about a Naruto-based project with 12 different key binds (one for each hand seal), so players would be able to cast different spells by pressing those keys in a different order? (it would give a player like 5 seconds to confirm casting the spell by firing from his dummy weapon and if he did not, then he would have to press keys again).

Galactus
Forum Regular

Post by Galactus » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:03 pm

madcat wrote: Hey, how about a Naruto-based project with 12 different key binds (one for each hand seal), so players would be able to cast different spells by pressing those keys in a different order? (it would give a player like 5 seconds to confirm casting the spell by firing from his dummy weapon and if he did not, then he would have to press keys again).
Would be way too complicated

Lord_of_D:
Posts a lot

Post by Lord_of_D: » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:40 pm

FTW395 wrote:
madcat wrote: Hey, how about a Naruto-based project with 12 different key binds (one for each hand seal), so players would be able to cast different spells by pressing those keys in a different order? (it would give a player like 5 seconds to confirm casting the spell by firing from his dummy weapon and if he did not, then he would have to press keys again).
Would be way too complicated
also, it kind of reminds me to Wrath of Cronos, but ninjas instead of a gothic-fantasy-medieval theme

Lollipop
Zandrone

Post by Lollipop » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:03 pm

Well, it might be complicated, but the long mastery time would also provide a lot og replayability. If somebody is going to make it, I the mod would actually do fine.
Spoiler: Modding Qualifications (Open)
ACS: If it's of ridiculous scope and of suicide-inducing complexity then it's the thing for me.
DECORATE: I can make more or less any godawful hack I need. Doesn't mean it works, though.
Maps: I only map for testing ACS.
GFX: Not enough time or experience.

If you need help, advice or similar, feel free to send me a PM. ;)
Spoiler: My Current Projects (Open)
> ZMemory
> Various undeveloped ideas. (This one is an immutable fact)
Combinebobnt wrote:i can see the forum league is taking off much better than the ctf ones
GalactusToday at 1:07 PM
are you getting uncomfortable jap
feeling something happen down there

Angel_Neko_X
Forum Regular

Post by Angel_Neko_X » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:16 pm

I will no longer work on the Rainbow Factory 2 for now, I've got mappack that I'll work sometimes.
Also, I've got something in mind, you guys knows Hotline Miami? It would be frustrating if I'll do that mod themed but it will need too much ACS but the decorate won't be a problem for make that mod.
"Swan Fox doesn't like hurting other people, I do!" -Diane "Elliot" McModua (Hotline U.A.C)

Zeberpal
Forum Regular

Post by Zeberpal » Wed May 13, 2015 8:40 pm

Need for Doom; Gran Doomismo; Doomorgedon; DoomOut; Doomza Motorsport; Doomio Kart
SOMEBODY PLEASE MAKE A RACING MOD already
Image ImageImage

Fabysk
Forum Regular

Post by Fabysk » Thu May 14, 2015 1:10 pm

Zeberpal wrote: Need for Doom; Gran Doomismo; Doomorgedon; DoomOut; Doomza Motorsport; Doomio Kart
SOMEBODY PLEASE MAKE A RACING MOD already
I had the idea of making a Doom racing mod based on WipeOut. I really loved playing that on my PSP before its battery dysfunctioned.
Image Image Image

TehRealSalt

Post by TehRealSalt » Thu May 14, 2015 6:30 pm

There was Z-Kart, which was a community project based on all of the Doom engine games. I was making a "Dis" track for it, but it looks like it died. :C
Last edited by TehRealSalt on Thu May 14, 2015 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[quote=Private IRC Dialog]<ExtremeBurrito> eat gas homo[/quote]

Croissant

Post by Croissant » Sun May 31, 2015 7:10 am

How about a Hell vs Marines port to Hexen? It could, for instance, have five 'hero' classes - Fighter, Mage, Cleric, Hunter, Necromancer (last two from Wrath of Cronos) - each with their own specialties. The 'monster' classes could include Wendigos, Chaos Serpents, Slaughtaurs, Centaurs, Ettins, Bishops, etc.

I think it would be an interesting idea, to say the least.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did - in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.

Arctangent

Post by Arctangent » Sun May 31, 2015 8:43 am

On the racing mod concept: it might be a lot smarter to base it around running rather than driving, given Doom's physics and the fact that the main character runs at about 50mph anyway. Tweak the jump physics and you could probably come up with something like Sonic R pretty easily.

Actually, I might try that, something that's a mix of Sonic R and Mario Kart, hrm ...

CloudFlash
Zandrone

Post by CloudFlash » Sun May 31, 2015 3:19 pm

Running + ice floor = driving! yay
https://i.imgflip.com/i5tpe.jpg
*Hey, who wants to hear my solution to the modern world's problems? ^Me! %Me! @Me! #Me! *WELL TOO BAD @Did he just stab himself with this butcher knife? %Looks like it ^Hey, the pizza guy arrived! %Pizza! Yey

Fabysk
Forum Regular

Post by Fabysk » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:58 am

Outlast for Doom :cool: I did have this idea since last week, but I don't know if it would be possible with the hiding mechanic that Outlast has.
Image Image Image

IdeIdoom
Zandrone

Post by IdeIdoom » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:23 am

Fabysk wrote: Outlast for Doom :cool: I did have this idea since last week, but I don't know if it would be possible with the hiding mechanic that Outlast has.
That's sorta done with the Total Chaos mod by Wad'a'holic
THE ROMANIAN POWERImage

Code: Select all

<+Dastan>	edd
<+Dastan>	boxxy skin when
<+Shift>	dastan you really want to fap at it this much and now you are going crazy and shredding your hair into a million tiny pieces for this boxxy skin to come out that way you can cum out
<+Dastan>	Shift, yes
--------------------------------------------------------------------
21:53:26  <@Estar>	well, if i'd be a girl, i would say ideidoom has ok looks

N30N

Post by N30N » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:16 pm

How about a mod where enemies become stronger over time,
As in the longer you wait the tougher the enemies will get.

I actually tried making something like this, but i'm not good with ACS stuff. .-.
Ką?

Lord Smash

Post by Lord Smash » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:29 pm

A mod that makes "MLG Pr0 1337" variants of vanilla doom's monsters and weapons
I know there's already a MLG mod out there,but it needs BD,i have no problem with that,BUT V19 IS SIMPLY AWFUL

samsaraplayer

Post by samsaraplayer » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:38 pm

An addon for Samsara that uses the characters from the extra pack but tries to balance them so there are for example 3 support characters, etc like the classes from team fortress but with the bugs fixed and freeman fixed and maybe other characters.