Old stuff gets archived here.

Should I add sprinting into NZ:DE?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:40 am

Total votes: 0

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

RE: [0.7Pre] Nazi Zombies: Doom Edition

Post by NachtIntellect » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:18 am

Just a little teaser for you all, you can thank sgt. shivers from the zdoom forums for the sterling sprite, he did some nice work on that sprite.

Did you just bite me? Come here, I will bite you back bastard.

Angel_Neko_X
Forum Regular

Post by Angel_Neko_X » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:56 pm

One question, will the powerups icons will work in the next version?
"Swan Fox doesn't like hurting other people, I do!" -Diane "Elliot" McModua (Hotline U.A.C)

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:22 pm

So far I still have yet to find myself an ACC Compiler (I think there's one somewhere on Zdoom), but yeah I will definitely get the nuke and max ammo working in the next release to their full extent, it would sort of be unfair if I started fixing stuff like perks and maxammo and not release a version with some power-ups I was thinking of adding some custom ones with a high failchance such as freeze from skulltag and infinite ammunition for a limited amount of time.

Edit: Also, holy crap 51K plus views this thread has had, I can't wait to see how many downloads there are for fix 2, last time I checked, there was 31
Last edited by NachtIntellect on Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cruduxy
Zandrone

Post by Cruduxy » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:54 pm

Do you mean this ACC compiler http://zdoom.org/Download#acc ?
There is also one on the zan wiki http://filesmelt.com/dl/Zandronum_ACC1.zip but I have no idea if its up to date.
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Nothing to see here
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:32 am

Cruduxy wrote: Do you mean this ACC compiler http://zdoom.org/Download#acc ?
There is also one on the zan wiki http://filesmelt.com/dl/Zandronum_ACC1.zip but I have no idea if its up to date.
Yes that's exactly what I was looking for, I will give both a try, thanks for finding it for me it saves me a bit of trouble.

I'd like to thank Synas, Scythe and protos for their contribution, unfortunately neither of you will be getting early access you damn noobs, you died in the first round.

Last edited by NachtIntellect on Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

RE: [0.7.3] Nazi Zombies: Doom Edition

Post by NachtIntellect » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:59 am

Standby for 0.7.3 Release, 0.7.3 initialized, dropping here.

Unfortunately my skills as a modder are still limited so in the meantime this is what I have done.

Changelog 0.7.3:
-Added in Machete, PAP Nailgun, PAP Thompson, PAP Luger, PAP Kar98K, PAP Gewehr, PAP M1A1 Carbine, Raygun, Glock 18, Sterling L2A3 (Thanks to Sgt. Shivers from the Zdoom forums) and more last stand weapons (Even though it's not currently working)
-Updated Map03, New room for circling around till the mystery box is finished, more mystery box weapons, new room with Browning, added in music, have fun finding it and I hope you don't cheat in order to, plus added detail to the map, added Machete and .357 magnum in the power room, machete is 3.0x as powerful as the knife
-Updated the code for springfield
-Added Sbarinfo to several weapons, such are Raygun, PAP Thompson, PAP Nailgun, Springfield there are also more
-Code for 2 zombies to spawn has been put in, however it has issues so I'll put off implementing the system for now.
-updated code for PAP Weapons
-updated the browning m1919, now fires slightly slower this is to reduce the feeling of the player running out of ammo too quickly
-made it possible for players to see all 4 player's allotted cash/points should they be in the game
-perk machine actors are now solid
-fixed up the glock 18 and double barreled shotgun, matching sprites are now available for both
-Weapon Balancement for fire-rate
-Perks, yes they actually don't take more money then they should if the player hold the use button down for a single tic, instead it now waits after the player has bought it, you can buy them if you have them in your inventory already but would you really want to?
-Raygun now has full splash damage when the player fires at a monster or shootable object, walls, ceiling and etc
-Added new decorations, such as the Zombie head and Zombie statue
-Began working on the rift gun, the aim of this gun is to fire
a projectile that stays at one spot, pulling actors towards it and giving them some serious damage for 10 seconds
-Added new wall item textures for mappers such are Nailgun, Glock 18, .357 Magnum, Max ammo, Nuke, Luger, PPSH-41, Machete and bouncing betty (These were made by WhiteAce who feels they aren't as great as cubasy's but still work)
-Powerups now expire after about 45 seconds
-Changed the hud system, all while ammo bars are still there players will now be able to see numbers for their ammo count
-Nuke and Maxammo now work exactly as they should (I hope)
-Edited credits, now includes more people.
Last edited by NachtIntellect on Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:43 am

As of today I am announcing my official retirement from this mod, I have played it in multiplayer today and well I am not very impressed with how far the multiplayer code has been left behind, it seems to be worse than the previous releases, way, way worse when I took up this mod I thought I might be able to do a little more for it but unfortunately i am not cut out to be a modder with my very limited skills in acs which is why I will be handing this project over to shiga or Angel_Neko_X, feel free to do as you please.

I am still going to be mapping though, that is something I have become quite fond of and would love to continue making maps for other peoples wads, I have also become quite good in Decorate, although there is more that needs to be improved, thanks to all the people who have supported this mod for so very long I personally appreciate it, it was because of the support that got this mod so far unfortunately I can only take it so far and it's best to have someone else take over.

MrSetharoo
Forum Regular

Post by MrSetharoo » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:47 am

WhiteAce wrote: As of today I am announcing my official retirement from this mod, I have played it in multiplayer today and well I am not very impressed with how far the multiplayer code has been left behind, it seems to be worse than the previous releases, way, way worse when I took up this mod I thought I might be able to do a little more for it but unfortunately i am not cut out to be a modder with my very limited skills in acs which is why I will be handing this project over to shiga or Angel_Neko_X, feel free to do as you please.

I am still going to be mapping though, that is something I have become quite fond of and would love to continue making maps for other peoples wads, I have also become quite good in Decorate, although there is more that needs to be improved, thanks to all the people who have supported this mod for so very long I personally appreciate it, it was because of the support that got this mod so far unfortunately I can only take it so far and it's best to have someone else take over.
Shame....

Angel_Neko_X
Forum Regular

Post by Angel_Neko_X » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:44 pm

*sigh* we still need an ACS expert for the updates...
"Swan Fox doesn't like hurting other people, I do!" -Diane "Elliot" McModua (Hotline U.A.C)

Lollipop
Zandrone

Post by Lollipop » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:02 pm

If you keep a checklist around for people to see, then someone who got a bright idea can share their mind.
Spoiler: Modding Qualifications (Open)
ACS: If it's of ridiculous scope and of suicide-inducing complexity then it's the thing for me.
DECORATE: I can make more or less any godawful hack I need. Doesn't mean it works, though.
Maps: I only map for testing ACS.
GFX: Not enough time or experience.

If you need help, advice or similar, feel free to send me a PM. ;)
Spoiler: My Current Projects (Open)
> ZMemory
> Various undeveloped ideas. (This one is an immutable fact)
Combinebobnt wrote:i can see the forum league is taking off much better than the ctf ones
GalactusToday at 1:07 PM
are you getting uncomfortable jap
feeling something happen down there

TheCubasy

Post by TheCubasy » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:03 pm

Well they are not great but this is part of my contribution to this mod, I actually found the text I used to create these in the first place for fusion, although fusion's versions looked better in game:

EDIT: On a different note, I updated the OP with a new Title thingy.
Last edited by TheCubasy on Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Play scary.wad, it's horrifying: http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5289

The one posting on this account is not Cubasy, rather it is WhiteAce.

Nazi Zombies doom edition, fix 3 (or 0.7.3) Will be released next week if all goes well, expect some big changes in Map03

DieHard3436

Post by DieHard3436 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:51 pm

Well i hope someone takes control cuz the mod is looking pretty good
Last edited by DieHard3436 on Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FateLord
Forum Regular

Post by FateLord » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:08 pm

Hey, would I be allowed to take this over?
If needed, you can meet me on IRC as t0nis.
<Sean> .broadcast FateLord has a massive, hard wallhack
<Exciter> Global broadcast sent.

Jwarrier
Forum Regular
Clan: UniDoom
Clan Tag: [UD]

Post by Jwarrier » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:23 pm

Someone should take this over, I played this in its very very early stages and it was just awesome. I hope someone with the skills necessary can take this over and finally get this mod released!

Angel_Neko_X
Forum Regular

Post by Angel_Neko_X » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:13 pm

FateLord wrote: Hey, would I be allowed to take this over?
First, what you can do?

FateLord
Forum Regular

Post by FateLord » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:21 am

Angel_Neko_X wrote:
First, what you can do?
Well at the moment I am fixing the ranking such as private, private_I, etc, as there are scripts for it but they are atrocious and do not work ..

Clever
New User

Post by Clever » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:02 am

Iv been playing the nazi zombienew pk
I absolutly love it, it really does emulate zombies !! Except i like this one better personally.

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:41 pm

FateLord wrote:
Angel_Neko_X wrote:
First, what you can do?
Well at the moment I am fixing the ranking such as private, private_I, etc, as there are scripts for it but they are atrocious and do not work ..
Well what Cubasy, the original creator had in mind was to make it so the ranking system would carry on from server to server, that is now a reality with Zandronum so it is probably going to need an overhaul, another feature I would have liked to add was a system that allowed players to carry an extra clip of ammo, when past a certain level all while this was not in the original Nazi zombies if you are anything like me and spray a lot when you start panicking (Which I do a lot), you notice that it's hard to stay stocked up on ammunition when the player needs it the most, this would also require an overhaul of the decorate system currently in place but I think it'd be better just to do it with CheckInventory for a larger set of ammo.

Concerning the hud and glitches in multiplayer: Alright so probably a month or 2 ago I asked Seth to start up a server so I could test with several other players there are a few things that definitely need improving, for example I don't think hud elements should be in the map's code itself it should be SBARINFO, this causes a lot and I mean a lot of lets say blinking, it flickers in and out it, this can often become quite annoying when you are trying to look at your money, the other bug is, players should not be able to respawn, they should morph into the last stand actor should more than 1 player be in the game I was never able to get this working and I presume this is best left up to the person who takes over, I think all up it needs to be re-done, I think that's it for now.

Zombies: It was some time ago that I asked Cubasy if I could get someone to make a sheet of crawling zombies that he would add crawling zombies into the game, I have tried asking two people and well it's been 3 years now and I still haven't heard anything at all, if you can try to find someone and please give credit to them, aside from that there was another conversation me and Cubasy had about making the zombies smarter, he decided that to do it we would have to completely overhaul zandronum to write a new code for AI, I think there would be a better way to do this though, also if you reference the Zombie code I started writing a random zombie spawner for the two sprite sheets in game, I never could get this to work well it spawned 2 zombies fine but it made the rounds end very, very quickly in other words it isn't counting any zombies so it's just starting the next round.

The perk machines: These have been needing fixing for a while, Fabysk knows something about this I think it would be best to ask him about it, he referenced a code to me about his Assault shield, it appears it would work in the same way as to prevent the player from trying to buy it if it's already in the inventory.

The game over screen: Probably the least of the problems, this also needs to be re-done I've referenced several old code from 0.5 and think there is definitely something amiss, there is probably missing code there to do with killing the player should they try to respawn, it might even have something to do with last stand.

EDIT: Also you should probably keep in mind that some of the stuff might need to be added back in.
Last edited by NachtIntellect on Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FateLord
Forum Regular

Post by FateLord » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:27 am

These scripts should carry server-to-server as they will be implemented in the player's INI much like Zombie Horde does.

although the rest, I think I can handle with long term times. Things will come one at a time.
Last edited by FateLord on Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

DieHard3436

Post by DieHard3436 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:13 pm

i can take a look at some of the code because some of the problems you guys are having sounds like some of mine, but this if you want me too