The Big Jumpmaze Thread/FAQ - MAJOR UPDATE: New player stats/rankings web site!

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Hypnotoad
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

The Big Jumpmaze Thread/FAQ - MAJOR UPDATE: New player stats/rankings web site!

Post by Hypnotoad » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:58 pm

Hello guys wanting to play jumpmaze, especially those of you from a recent top 10 wads youtube video. The previous version of this post was extremely out of date, so I've stuck it in a spoiler at the bottom of this post for archival purposes, but it should be completely ignored.

Jumpmaze is a platforming wad that was created by Cyber, and has subsequently had many sequels and extensions added.

If you want to play Jumpmaze, the best current way is to simply load up doomseeker or doom explorer and find the server named <Blue Firestick> ~~ Official Public Jumpmaze, this will have the latest and greatest jumpmaze pk3s.

The project is maintained on two separate source repositories, one for 'core' Jumpmaze: https://github.com/Hypnotoad90/jumpmaze-zan
And one for Jumpmaze Community Edition (JMCE): https://github.com/Hypnotoad90/jmce

Please join the discord for the most up to date info: https://discord.gg/3xqt5bW

Original post below (OUT OF DATE, PLEASE IGNORE):
Spoiler: (Open)
UPDATE: NEW JUMPMAZE STATS PAGE

Thanks to the hard-work of Mazter, the Jumpmaze stats are now displayed on a web-page, showing everyone's personal bests for each map and their ranking, as well as an initial global player ranking for Jumpmaze 1, which will be extended to other wads in the future.

Link: http://grandvoid.sickedwick.net:28080/ (note, site has JUST launched, if it is down when you clicked, this is temporary while a few bugs are worked out)

To see stats for a map, click on the map (once) on the left, to see stats for an individual player, double click on his name in the list. To see the top Jumpmaze player rankings, click on "Top Players" on the top right hand corner of the page.

Edit: There has been some confusion on how we calculate average rank. It is important to note that just because you haven't completed a map does not mean you are not ranked on it, for each map not completed your rank is the highest rank recorded on that map + 1, therefore it's not possible for someone to simply create an account, get first on one of the maps and then have an average rank of 1, his average rank will more likely be 20 or 30 something in this case.

NOTE TO MODS: This thread is a work in progress, I intend to continually update the OP with answers to the numerous questions I get about JM. If this is in the wrong sub-forum, please feel free to move it!

So as the Skulltag Forums are well and truly dead with most of the posts being irretrievable, there is no longer a general source of information about Jumpmaze & the various doom platforming projects played every single day on Zandronum. As a result I'm constantly asked all sorts of questions and useful information can be quite scarce, hence me making this thread so that all information can be contained in one place for now on.

If you have any other questions not in the FAQ, maps/updates to submit or general inquiries/comments about jumpmaze then please do not hesitate to post in this thread! Please also find us at #doomjump on the Zandronum IRC network.

FAQ
What is Jumpmaze?

Jumpmaze is something that evolved out of rocket jumping, a game mode that was very popular in skulltag up to around 2007-2008. Due to Skulltag's unique jumping and air physics, even simple platforming without the use of rockets turned out to be fun and addictive (for some people at least). The all around genius now known as Cyber, already an experienced rocket jumper and rocketjump mapper, decided to start the first megawad dedicated to pure platforming for skulltag, known as jumpmaze.wad. There had been jumping/platforming maps before this project (notably Cutman made a few fairly decent platforming maps himself, if anyone can find these by the way I'd love for you to link to them since I have lost them and cannot find them hosted anywhere), but this was the first wad that had the traditional jumpmaze gameplay as we know it today. The maze in its name is a result of the project initially being more puzzle orientated, with the maps being somewhat 'maze-like'. However later maps and later projects became more racing orientated, and the gameplay evolved to reflect this. Jumpmaze was initially very popular; regularly filling servers, and remains consistently played to this day with many more projects released and typical jumpmaze servers having up to or over 100 maps to race each other on.

Why play jumpmaze online?
Various reasons, often to race each other, while some non linear maps are team based and can benefit from different individuals completing different parts of the map simultaneously. As jumpmaze developed much work has been made to give jumping more of a purpose including a ranking system for competitive play. And jumpmaze can indeed be competitive with many players reaching a very high skill level at maneuvering the courses using various skills and tricks gained from years of practice, racing each other to get ever more absurdly quick finishing times.

What are all these scripts?

Initially some scripts by wario were created to add a timer and a simple 1st, 2nd and 3rd ranking for finishers of the course which recorded their times.

Later on in the development of Jumpmaze 2 I asked the programming genius Positron to help out, and soon after he created a very comprehensive and well polished set of scripts that can be used by all platforming projects to essentially turn jumpmaze into its own game mode. Since then, I have made additional changes to the scripts to make use of Zandronum's new sqlite database and accounts system. The scripts include: a robust ranking system that can rank up to 5 places for finishers on each map and record their times; a team score system for team maps to tally and report the score of each player that helped get to vital points or activate vital switches and the total time to complete the course; a server side record keeping system that stores the record fastest time (and date and name of the author) for each map on the server that persists even after server restart (will be explained in detail later on); survival mode! ; various display scripts to clean up and display more information on the hud as well as many other features that help make jumpmaze a smoother and more enjoyable experience.

The source and required libraries for all of this can be found inside the latest Jumpmaze 2 pk3 (scripts and ACS folders), plus further useful information on these scripts can be found inside the doc folder in the pk3, however the scripts themselves should be well commented. Unfortunately, jumpmaze does not currently make extensive use of loadacs, therefore maps must include its own acs to interface with the various global jumpmaze ACS libraries to make use of all of the jumpmaze features; look at various maps in jumpmaze 2 to see how this is done or if it's simply too difficult then ask me and I'll probably just do it for you. :wink:

What the FUCK is luk?/How do I enable persistent map record keeping on my server?

Luk is the program and associated acs libraries ingeniously created by Positron to store and retrieve finish time records for each map hosted. Information is stored in a database for each map, including the finish time of the record, the author, and the date the record was achieved. If someone is quick enough on a map to beat the current record, luk will update the database with new information regarding the time, date and author. Luk is available for both Windows and Linux, 32 bit and 64 bit. It is located inside the Jumpmaze 2 pk3 in a folder called luk. To use, simply extract the binaries and config files associated with your operating system, edit the config file with the required information (server port and rcon password of the jumpmaze) and then run the executable. This should activate the records system on the server and start storing records to a database file in the same folder. To clear a record for a particular map, run luk with -d [maplump name] on the command line. More information about luk can be found in luk\dev\doc. Luk is free and open source, and the source can also be found within the luk folder.

Luk is essentially an rcon parser, reading information logged into the console by the luk acs library to store into the database. The ingenious part is how luk sends information back into the server in order for the acs to update the hud with the current record, using character arrays and Huffman encoding. Look at the source code to see how this is done exactly.

NOTE: some people are experiencing issues with luk on windows, we recommend you run luk on linux, otherwise you may have to restart the luk executable frequently.

Luk has been replaced with Zandronum's in built database/accounts system, see below. If you still need help setting it up on your server, pm me.

How do I enable stats and records on my server?

Add the following to your config (thanks for reminding me Otaru):

Code: Select all

authhostname [address here] 
//auth server for logins, below is a list of auth server addresses you may use:
// Grandvoid: grandvoid.wickedsick.net:16666
//Funcrusher : authhostname auth.funcrusher.net

//enable database
databasefile [database filename]
set jm_enabledb 1

//you can just set a custom name, or specify a full file path for databasefile
What wads should I host? What config should I use?

Skulltag_Content, Jumpmaze 1, Jumpmaze_prm2, and the latest Jumpmaze 2 is a must. After that, just look at what Grandvoid is hosting, and choose from there , below is a typical maplist similar to what's on Grandvoid.

addmap MAP00
addmap MAP01
addmap MAP02
addmap MAP03
addmap MAP04
addmap MAP05
addmap MAP06
addmap MAP07
addmap MAP08
addmap MAP09
addmap MAP10
addmap MAP11
addmap MAP12
addmap MAP13
addmap MAP14
addmap MAP15
addmap MAP16
addmap MAP17
addmap MAP18
addmap MAP19
addmap MAP20
addmap MAP21
addmap MAP22
addmap MAP23
addmap MAP24
addmap MAP25
addmap MAP26
addmap MAP27
addmap MAP28
addmap MAP29
addmap MAP30
addmap MAP31
addmap MAP32
addmap MAP33
addmap MAP34
addmap MAP35
addmap MAP36
addmap MAP37
addmap MAP38
addmap MAP39
addmap MAP40
addmap MAP41
addmap MAP42
addmap MAP43
addmap MAP44
addmap MAP45
addmap MAP46
addmap MAP47
addmap MAP48
addmap MAP49
addmap MAP50
addmap MAP51
addmap MAP52
addmap MAP53
addmap MAP54
addmap MAP55
addmap MAP56
addmap MAP57
addmap MAP58
addmap MAP59
addmap MAP60
addmap MAP61
addmap MAP62
addmap MAP63
addmap MAP64
addmap MAP65
addmap MAP66
addmap MAP67
addmap MAP68
addmap MAP69
addmap MAP70
addmap MAP71
addmap MAP72
addmap LJM01
addmap LJM02
addmap LJM03
addmap LJM04
addmap LJM05
addmap LJM06
addmap LJM07
addmap LJM08
addmap LJM09
addmap LJM10
addmap LJM11
addmap LJM12
addmap LJM13
addmap LJM14
addmap JMX01
addmap JMX02
addmap JMX03
addmap JMX04
addmap JMX05
addmap JMX06
addmap JMX07
addmap JMX08
addmap JMX09
addmap JMX10
addmap JMX11
addmap JPX01
addmap JPX02
addmap JPX03
addmap JPX04
addmap JPX05
addmap JPX06
addmap JPX07
addmap JPX08
addmap JPX09
addmap JPX10
addmap JPX11
addmap JPX12
addmap JPX13
addmap JPX14
addmap JPX15
addmap JPX16
addmap JPX17
addmap JPX18
addmap JPX19
addmap JPX20
addmap JPX21
addmap JPX22
addmap JPX23
addmap JPX24
addmap JPX25
addmap JPX26
addmap JPX27
addmap JPX28
addmap JPX29
addmap JPX30
addmap JPX31
addmap JPX32
addmap JPX33
addmap JPX34
addmap JPX35
addmap JPX36
addmap JPX37
addmap JPX38
addmap JPX39
addmap JPX40
addmap JPX41
addmap JPX42
addmap JPX49
addmap JPX50
addmap JPX51
addmap JPX52
addmap JPX53
addmap JPX54
addmap JPX55
addmap JPX2BDEM
addmap BASS
addmap NEO01
addmap NEO02
addmap NEO03
addmap NEO04
addmap NEO05
addmap NEO06
addmap NEO07
addmap NEO08
addmap NEO09
addmap NEO10
addmap NEO11
addmap NEO12
addmap NEO13
addmap NEO14
addmap HYP01
addmap HYP02
addmap HYP03
addmap HYP04
As for a config, here is an example:

//This is a config for jumpmaze servers

sv_disallowbots true
sv_disallowsuicide false
sv_limitnumvotes false
sv_randommaprotation true
sv_chasecam true
sv_doubleammo false
sv_itemrespawn true
sv_nochangemapvote false
sv_nomapvote true
sv_maxplayers 32
sv_maxclients 32
sv_nojump false
sv_maxlives 99
sv_nodrop true
sv_infiniteammo false
sv_unblockplayers 1

// This is Jumpmaze
set jm_countdown 1
set jm_enabledb 1
authhostname grandvoid.sickedwick.net:16666 //use any auth you'd like here!
databasefile jumpmazeDB //use any DB name you'd like here

Additionally, Jumpmaze can run either as coop or survival; if survival then you are given until par time for the majority of players to reach the finish or they are all killed with the map resetting - on jumpmaze 2 there are additional powerups to pickup to help you reach the finish before par. Jumpmaze 2 MUST be included for survival to work.

How do I play Jumpmaze?

Please see the training map of Jumpmaze 2 (map00) to learn the basics. SR-50 can also help (although is not required), google zandronum sr-50 guide.

How do I make a good Jumpmaze map?

Coming soon

I made a map, who/where can I submit it to?

Good question:

Join #doomjump and ask there.

What script numbers do the libraries use?

scripts/
jm2_cdwn.acs: 851, 852, 853, 854
sflags.acs: 861
svmz/
svmz.acs: 900, 901, 902, 903, 904, 905
timer.acs: 908
item.acs: 910, 911, 912, 913, 915, 916
jmgame.acs: 931, 932, 933
client.acs: 940, 941, 942, 943
rsd.acs: 945, 946, 947
ranker_solo.acs: 840, 841, 842, 843, 950, 951, 952, 953, 954, 955, 956, 998
ranker_team.acs: 960, 961, 962, 963, 964, 965, 966
luk.acs: 970, 971, 972, 973, 974, 975
map_message.acs: 980
timer.acs: 985, 986, 987
script_trigger.acs: 990, 991
auto_fist.acs: 995, 996
ranker_hs.acs: 999
jmrun: 909, 920, 921, 922, 923, 924, 925, 926, 927, 928, 929
TranslucentPlayers.pk3: 694, 695, 696, 693

How do I git gud?

See the videos here: https://www.youtube.com/user/SparkSnail/videos

More questions coming soon!!
Last edited by Hypnotoad on Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:58 am, edited 7 times in total.

agaures
Forum Regular

RE: The Big Jumpmaze Thread/FAQ

Post by agaures » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:37 am

Nice advertisement for jumpmaze Hypnotoad.

There is also another jumpmaze mappack called JumpTown which is being worked on. There used to be more mappers for JumpTown, but unfortunately i am now the only one left currently working on it. If you are interested, you can either pm me or talk to me on #JT.
<agaures> I'm guessing you haven't played many doom mods before huh? :p
<Zuplin> i have played master of puppets zombies doom center and a couple more
<agaures> so not many
<Zuplin> i thought that was everything

Hypnotoad

Post by Hypnotoad » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:44 pm

Update to Jumpmaze 2!! (mostly minor stuff), changelog:

V7c [Jroc]
===============================================================================
Scripts
-allowed cvar "jm_countdown" to specifiy length of countdown intervals
-added hook to my voter mod by adding "jm_voter" cvar

# MAP33

-fixed scrolling treadmill upper textures
-alligned some textures
-added extra thrust lines to entrance to endurance challenge
-fixed: player tids weren't getting reset after map exit
-fixed: grammar errors in map33

# MAP50

-fixed buggy textures
-changed some detail

# MAP41

-scripts compiled properly
-boss fixed [HeavenWraith]

New(old)map: RJECT05 Island's of desolation returns from the dead to offer some jumpmaze 2 nostalgia!

Other

-added TerminusEst13's jumping doomguy sprites
-fixed m_doom offset
-added a shit map called "shit" (don't play it)

http://static.[bad site]/wads/jumpmaze2_v7c.pk3

edit: if you're hosting this with Jumpix II you should also add http://static.[bad site]/wads/jm_keyconffix2.pk3, this is just 1kb, you'll find it on best ever.
Last edited by Hypnotoad on Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guardsoul
Forum Regular

Post by Guardsoul » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:21 pm

I hope that with this thread the mod becomes a bit more popular (at least as popular as it was before Skulltag dead). Anyways, why is my crappy NJM still on?
I dont care about how bad your maps are. Everything can be improved.
Banned for cheating at DoomBuilder.

Klofkac
Forum Regular

Post by Klofkac » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:06 pm

Hypnotoad wrote: New(old)map: RJECT05 Island's of desolation returns from the dead to offer some jumpmaze 2 nostalgia!
Awesome! Thank you for bringing this map back.
Time to rickroll![/size]
𝕂𝕝𝕠𝕗𝕜𝕒𝕔

FateLord
Forum Regular

Post by FateLord » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:55 pm

VOTE ON WHICH MAPS TO BE REMOVED IN THE UK GRANDVOID CLEAN UP.

jumptownv01.pk3
kavilv_3.wad
lightjm_v2.4.pk3
aabf_v3.wad
jm3_map65.pk3
hypnojumpv3.wad
neojumpmaze
jumpix and jumpix 2
bass and bass_edit

the rest must stay due to them being Jumpmaze, or needed for Jumpmaze maps to work, or for the maps that are staying.
<Sean> .broadcast FateLord has a massive, hard wallhack
<Exciter> Global broadcast sent.

Queen Chrysalis
New User

Post by Queen Chrysalis » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:02 pm

FateLord wrote: VOTE ON WHICH MAPS TO BE REMOVED IN THE UK GRANDVOID CLEAN UP.

jumptownv01.pk3
kavilv_3.wad
lightjm_v2.4.pk3
aabf_v3.wad
jm3_map65.pk3
hypnojumpv3.wad
neojumpmaze
jumpix and jumpix 2
bass and bass_edit

the rest must stay due to them being Jumpmaze, or needed for Jumpmaze maps to work, or for the maps that are staying.
Jumptown, Kavil, AABF, JM3 needs to be edited (is already in progress, so gg) Neojm needs to be removed.
Where the hell are my damn tacos :question: :exclaim:

Lightning

Post by Lightning » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:08 pm

FateLord wrote: VOTE ON WHICH MAPS TO BE REMOVED IN THE UK GRANDVOID CLEAN UP.

jumptownv01.pk3
kavilv_3.wad
lightjm_v2.4.pk3
aabf_v3.wad
jm3_map65.pk3
hypnojumpv3.wad
neojumpmaze
jumpix and jumpix 2
bass and bass_edit

Kavil, Neojumpmaze, Aabf, Jumptown.

Hypnotoad

RE: The Big Jumpmaze Thread/FAQ - MAJOR UPDATE: New scripts, database system

Post by Hypnotoad » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:50 pm

The Jumpmaze scripts have received a major update:

No longer is luk required to store records, Jumpmaze now uses Zandronum's new sqlite3 database system, with some great new features!

Now, not only is the map record stored, but your (and everyone else's) personal all time best time is stored for each map as well, which will be displayed on the screen. You can also now use puke 998 in console to get a list of the top 10 historical best times on the map (note that this doesn't apply to team maps), but your own personal best, even if it is outside the top 10, will still receive a ranking!

In order to have your times saved, you will need to register an account with the auth server that the server points to, this is super simple. For Grandvoid, you must register here: http://grandvoid.sickedwick.net:8080/

Once you have registered, simply join the server, and in game type login username password in console to login.

Note: registering is optional, but you will not have your times saved if you do not login (on solo maps, on team maps your times can still be saved as with the old system).

Hypnotoad

RE: The Big Jumpmaze Thread/FAQ - MAJOR UPDATE: New scripts, database system

Post by Hypnotoad » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:31 pm

NEW JUMPMAZE STATS PAGE

Thanks to the hard-work of Mazter, the Jumpmaze stats are now displayed on a web-page, showing everyone's personal bests for each map and their ranking, as well as an initial global player ranking for Jumpmaze 1, which will be extended to other wads in the future.

Link: http://grandvoid.sickedwick.net:28080/ (note, site has JUST launched, if it is down when you clicked, this is temporary while a few bugs are worked out)

To see stats for a map, click on the map (once) on the left, to see stats for an individual player, double click on his name in the list. To see the top Jumpmaze player rankings, click on "Top Players" on the top right hand corner of the page.

Note: doesn't support team stats yet
Last edited by Hypnotoad on Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sean
IRC Operator

RE: The Big Jumpmaze Thread/FAQ - MAJOR UPDATE: New player stats/rankings web site!

Post by Sean » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:56 am

The stats page is really nice. However, I think it should display the times like it does in game (xx:xx.xx)
<capodecima> i dont say any more word without my loyer jenova

agaures
Forum Regular

RE: The Big Jumpmaze Thread/FAQ - MAJOR UPDATE: New player stats/rankings web site!

Post by agaures » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:22 pm

CoffeeScripter wrote: The stats page is really nice. However, I think it should display the times like it does in game (xx:xx.xx)
W-what? It does.

Edit:

If you mean minutes, it doesn't really matter because the majority of maps can be completed under 1 min.
Last edited by agaures on Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<agaures> I'm guessing you haven't played many doom mods before huh? :p
<Zuplin> i have played master of puppets zombies doom center and a couple more
<agaures> so not many
<Zuplin> i thought that was everything

Hypnotoad

Post by Hypnotoad » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:06 pm

There has been some confusion on how we calculate average rank. It is important to note that just because you haven't completed a map does not mean you are not ranked on it, for each map not completed your rank is the highest rank recorded on that map + 1, therefore it's not possible for someone to simply create an account, get first on one of the maps and then have an average rank of 1, his average rank will more likely be 20 or 30 something in this case.
Last edited by Hypnotoad on Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MazterQyoun-ae

Post by MazterQyoun-ae » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:14 am

Hello there!
I haven't been on this forum for long (I simply don't like forums), but now it's time to get some activity. I am here today to give some information about the stats page mostly. I would also love for you guys to give some feedback so I know what to work on. There is always room for improvement, so write about any bugs you find or any suggestions you have. Let's begin!

So what is this all about?
Jumpmaze Stats (or, internally, «jmstatsd», from JumpMaze STATS Daemon) is a web page intended to display information about player's achievements in Jumpmaze online. It is built to let anyone see records via browser in a familiar manner, simple and well-organized. Additionally to simply displaying records, Jumpmaze Stats also can calculate an average rank for a selection of maps for players, which allows them to brag about their relative skill, not just a few records here and there.
Currently Jumpmaze Stats is hosted on Grandvoid and connected to GV UK Jumpmaze database. The page is located at: http://grandvoid.sickedwick.net:28080

Usage
  • When you open the page, you can see the list of maps on the left. Click a map in the list box to see records for the selected map.
  • By clicking on player's name, you can see records on all maps set by this player.
  • Click Top Players button on the top right of the page to see a list of top players on different map selections. You will be shown their average rank calculated from ranks on maps from the selection.
  • Jumpmaze Stats supports hashtags. When you're browsing records for a map or player, the URL in the address bar will change respectively. You can copy URL and send it to someone or post it somewhere. By clicking on the link, users will be sent directly to that player's or map's records.
  • Show some respect to the developers! Click on a copyright notice on bottom left to read legal information. With this you can also check which Jumpmaze Stats version the server is running.
F.A.Q.
Q: I can not find my records here, wtf?
A: Jumpmaze Stats only shows records of players that are logged in. Showing records for players that are not logged in is considered obsolete, is not and probably will not be a planned feature. If you are sure you are logged in, then make sure you are playing on the correct server.

Q: There are just personal records, what about team records?
A: This is planned for future, we are considering a lot of things, stay tuned.

Q: How is average rank calculated?
A: For a selected set of maps, average rank is calculated this way: sum player's rank on all maps from selection, then divide by number of maps. That means, if there are 10 maps in a set and player has got rank 1 on 5 maps and rank 2 on 5 other maps, his average rank is 1.5 ((1+1+1+1+1+2+2+2+2+2)/10). If a player has not completed one or more maps from a set, (s)he automatically receives lowest possible rank (for example, if 10 other players have completed the map, (s)he gets rank 11). If a player haven't completed a single map from the set, he will not be displayed in the list.

Q: Something doesn't work right in *insert my favourite browser* or *insert my beloved device*!
A: The web page has been tested and confirmed to work correctly in (latest versions of) Chrome under Windows and OS X, Safari under OS X, Firefox under Windows, Safari on iPad, and Chrome on Android. Please report (preferably personally) if it works good or bad for you, listing your device (if appropriate), OS (name and version), and browser (name and version).

Planned for rev6
List of features planned for the next revision:
  • Add Jumpmaze 2 Top Players section
  • Place map list near the edge to make more space
  • Change fonts
  • Record holder (player with rank 1) will now be displayed both above the list and in the list itself as to avoid confusion
  • Fix hashtags for Top Players sections
Stay tuned! :cool:
HI

Sean
IRC Operator

Post by Sean » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:09 pm

Beans lol

just play jmce this post is useless now
Last edited by Sean on Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
<capodecima> i dont say any more word without my loyer jenova

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:53 am

I have 2 questions, when was jumping first introduced and to which port? Were the physics of the jumping defined by the existing physics/game logic as I've always thought as much as I like jm it would be much better with quake style jumping in the way you can jump as soon as you hit the ground
Last edited by one_Two on Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hypnotoad

Post by Hypnotoad » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:34 pm

There was jumping in Hexen. Zdoom based its jumping off of Hexen.

otaru1921
New User

Post by otaru1921 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:03 am

Some info for those who want to make their private / local servers :

Add to your server custom parameters :

Use an Auth Server ( For Logins ) :

Grandvoid :
authhostname grandvoid.wickedsick.net:16666

Best-ever ( This one is offline a lot ) :
authhostname [bad site]

Funcrusher :
authhostname auth.funcrusher.net

To enable db :
databasefile "databasenameexample"
set jm_enabledb 1
Last edited by otaru1921 on Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.