Zandronum 1.3

News and events are posted here. Threads also show up in the Latest News section.
Watermelon
Zandrone

RE: Zandronum 1.3

Post by Watermelon » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:40 pm

Monsterovich wrote: SUDDENLY AND FINALLY.
Good job! :smile: Yeah, these sqlite databases (!) and new ACS commands would be useful, but...
- The new CVAR sv_forcelogintojoin (default false) can prevent unauthenticated players from joining the game (they can still connect as spectators).
I know that some servers will force you to register. Since this day... Welcome to Zdaenum!

And as a result you'll get something like this...
REGISTER OR GTFO
REGISTER OR GTFO
Enjoy!
Where on BE have we ever forced people to make an account to play on the servers (keyword: playing, not hosting)?

Suiseiseki
New User

Post by Suiseiseki » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:46 pm

I'm not sure if I understand the optional user account thing. Can someone explain how it would work to me in terms that even a complete computer illiterate moron can understand?

Monsterovich
Forum Regular

Post by Monsterovich » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:00 pm

Watermelon wrote: Where on BE have we ever forced people to make an account to play on the servers (keyword: playing, not hosting)?
Not yet, but in future...

Watermelon
Zandrone

Post by Watermelon » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:09 pm

Monsterovich wrote:
Watermelon wrote: Where on BE have we ever forced people to make an account to play on the servers (keyword: playing, not hosting)?
Why do you think BE would do this in the future?

Suiseiseki wrote: I'm not sure if I understand the optional user account thing. Can someone explain how it would work to me in terms that even a complete computer illiterate moron can understand?
It's still in the testing phases, I believe you can log into a server from the command line, so your client will somehow authenticate with the server your connecting to -- which proves you are who you say you are (for the most part unless you get hacked).

This would allow a server to save your stats/weapons/points/whatever between sessions and allow you to pick up where you left off without someone pretending to be you.

Right now... as I said: still in the testing phase. 1.4 or 2.0 will have a more streamlined approach.
Last edited by Watermelon on Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sean
IRC Operator

Post by Sean » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:22 pm

Hell yes!
Won't update for a bit until servers do.
<capodecima> i dont say any more word without my loyer jenova

mard
New User

Post by mard » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:08 pm

Klofkac wrote: FreeBSD should be binary compatibile with Linux binaries. You can try running the Linux version.
Thanks for reply, I would definitely try it with client on my own machine but can't do that with zandronum-server unfortunately. I've tried it before, but without linux kernel module enabled on my host I can't do much. Tried forcing it anyway but I got missing dependencies and ELF interpreters.
Last edited by mard on Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Watermelon
Zandrone

Post by Watermelon » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:11 pm

mard wrote:
Klofkac wrote: FreeBSD should be binary compatibile with Linux binaries. You can try running the Linux version.
Thanks for reply, I would definitely try it with client on my own machine but can't do that with zandronum-server unfortunately. I've tried it before, but without linux kernel module enabled I can't do much. Tried forcing it anyway but I got missing dependencies and ELF interpreters.

Is it possible to compile it?

Monsterovich
Forum Regular

Post by Monsterovich » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:33 pm

Watermelon wrote:
mard wrote:
Thanks for reply, I would definitely try it with client on my own machine but can't do that with zandronum-server unfortunately. I've tried it before, but without linux kernel module enabled I can't do much. Tried forcing it anyway but I got missing dependencies and ELF interpreters.

Yes, but server-only. (using -DSERVERONLY flag or something like that)
Watermelon wrote: Why do you think BE would do this in the future?
Heh, I hope this won't happen.

[spoiler]Do you really want to know what I think?
[spoiler]
Don't click it again.
[spoiler]Becuz most of bestever admins are stupid, seriosly.[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
Last edited by Monsterovich on Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zeberpal
Forum Regular

Post by Zeberpal » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:36 pm

/me felt in the eternal journey of changemus sounds/cnnctsnd.ogg
Image ImageImage

mard
New User

Post by mard » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:46 pm

Monsterovich wrote:
Watermelon wrote:
mard wrote:
Yes, but server-only. (using -DSERVERONLY flag or something like that)
Decided to give it a try, and guess what. It actually compiled with no problems.
I used this repo and this wiki guide, if anyone's interested.
Thanks for help!

Disguise
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Disguise » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:06 pm

Yeeeeesssssssss! All your hard work is appreciated guys! Thanks for the new version!

Kara Kurt
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by Kara Kurt » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:55 pm

Monsterovich wrote:
Heh, I hope this won't happen.
Dude, in the account system and user stats thread they've clearly and several times stated that the account system will be optional. Why do you mind anyway?

AlexMax
Forum Regular

Post by AlexMax » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:41 pm

Torr Samaho wrote:
Jenova wrote: Good work, but unless I am missing something, logging in to the auth server doesn't actually seem to do anything (from in-game).
Are you sure that you're using an auth server compatible with the 7/6/2014 version of the protocol? Try "authhostname zandroauthtest.oscillicious.com:16666". This one works fine for me. You can create an account with the link in the first post.
AlexMax wrote: There's something amiss with the port number interpretation of the cvar. Until a serverside fix is released, if you omit the port number completely and change the port of charonauth to 15301, it should work.
Strange. Switching to 16666 works fine for me, see above.
Found the issue, the authentication hostname can only be set on server boot. Changing it mid-run has no effect.

Maybe this is a good thing? After all, we can only get people's username, if anybody can switch the authentication server out from under the server it might confuse mods or other admins. I'll continue the conversation in a bug.
Last edited by AlexMax on Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the
universe, as inevitable as your own last breath. And yet,
there remains time to create, to create, and escape.

Escape will make me God.

Jenova
Under Moderation

Post by Jenova » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:14 pm

Monsterovich wrote:
I love baseless speculation!!!

In addition to requiring all users to register, you will also need to link your Facebook, Google+, and Twitter accounts to connect to BE servers.

Once users have linked the three aforementioned social websites to their respective BE account, users will be presented with the option to sign up for a mandatory monthly subscription to play on BE servers (Bronze which allows 2 hours of playtime a day at $4.99, silver which allows 4 hours of playtime at $8.99, and gold which allows 8 hours of playtime for $13.99).

After users have selected one of our BE Premium™ plans, they will be able to experience the full entertainment suite that Zandronum has to offer!

Remember to disregard the fact that we've provided community based servers for two years without asking for anything in return! Also, don't forget to deny that BE is actually open source, so you could host your own! Oh that's right, you don't actually care though, so it doesn't matter!
Last edited by Jenova on Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zanieon
Forum Regular

Post by Zanieon » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:18 pm

Zeberpal wrote: * Zeberpal felt in the eternal journey of changemus sounds/cnnctsnd.ogg
Rofl, and i tried make it simplier as possible for a connect sound without losing a futuristic feeling.

Tiger
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Tiger » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:04 pm

Jenova wrote: I love baseless speculation!!!

In addition to requiring all users to register, you will also need to link your Facebook, Google+, and Twitter accounts to connect to BE servers.

Once users have linked the three aforementioned social websites to their respective BE account, users will be presented with the option to sign up for a mandatory monthly subscription to play on BE servers (Bronze which allows 2 hours of playtime a day at $4.99, silver which allows 4 hours of playtime at $8.99, and gold which allows 8 hours of playtime for $13.99).

After users have selected one of our BE Premium™ plans, they will be able to experience the full entertainment suite that Zandronum has to offer!

Why not Free-to-Play? It's the biggest money making scheme today! Want to pick up that Rocket Launcher? You must pay $1.50 or wait 14 hours in real time! Want to advanced to the next map? You must pay $1.85 or wait 48 hours in real time!

My heart sank a bit on making this post....
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier

Drakeman1234

Post by Drakeman1234 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:19 pm

YES!

FINALLY.

Can't wait for Wrath of Cronos RPG to get updated!

haxmurderer

Post by haxmurderer » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:18 pm

Torr Samaho wrote:
Jenova wrote: Good work, but unless I am missing something, logging in to the auth server doesn't actually seem to do anything (from in-game).
Are you sure that you're using an auth server compatible with the 7/6/2014 version of the protocol? Try "authhostname zandroauthtest.oscillicious.com:16666". This one works fine for me. You can create an account with the link in the first post.
AlexMax wrote: There's something amiss with the port number interpretation of the cvar. Until a serverside fix is released, if you omit the port number completely and change the port of charonauth to 15301, it should work.
Strange. Switching to 16666 works fine for me, see above.
I think I figured this one out. I was having the same problem, but I was setting the authhostname AFTER my Zandronum server was started, which doesn't appear to work.

If I start the Zandronum server with "+authhostname zandroauthtest.oscillicious.com:16666 +sv_forcelogintojoin 1", then it works.... !

Edit: .... aaaaaaand I just refreshed and saw AlexMax beat me to it. :)
Last edited by haxmurderer on Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quaker540

Post by Quaker540 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:00 pm

Oh fuck yes! Can't wait to try it! Of course I'll let you know if there's any bug.

Will you merge this version plus the ZDoom updates?
[quote=The Forum Community] We all love you, Quaker540.[/quote]

Watermelon
Zandrone

Post by Watermelon » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:27 pm

Quaker540 wrote: Oh fuck yes! Can't wait to try it! Of course I'll let you know if there's any bug.

Will you merge this version plus the ZDoom updates?
Yes, that's for 2.0