[split] Metroid: Dreadnought v1 - The Galaxy is Doomed

Old stuff gets archived here.
Zantum

[split] Metroid: Dreadnought v1 - The Galaxy is Doomed

Post by Zantum » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:57 pm

No. Brutal Doom integration and/or support is never happening.
Because blood and mess? I think, its personal problems.
I just wanna understand why, because need fix only - wad works almost perfect.
Nintendo has already sent me a "we're watching you" e-mail about this and I'd rather not have them learn about Mark and give them reason to shut the project down.
Dont see connection. You are not required to write about what Metroid Dreadnought can be played with Brutal Doom. And dont think what Nintendo IR watchers scan absolutely all internet 24/7.
Even Ketchup won't entirely work with this, since Ketchup is a monster replacement instead of just a blood replacement, which will render all weapon special effects null and void on them.
Dont understand the sense.

Sorry for possible sharpness and roughness.

TerminusEst13
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

RE: Metroid: Dreadnought v1 - The Galaxy is Doomed

Post by TerminusEst13 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:14 pm

Zantum wrote:Because blood and mess? I think, its personal problems. I just wanna understand why,
What? No, I have no problems with blood and mess. In fact, my next mod has tons of blood and mess in it.
I just told you why. I don't demand that you agree with it, but I do ask that you at least respect it.
Zantum wrote:Dont see connection. You are not required to write about what Metroid Dreadnought can be played with Brutal Doom. And dont think what Nintendo IR watchers scan absolutely all internet 24/7.
So wait, if I theoretically went ahead with this compatibility (which is impossible to do, by the way), your suggestion would be for me to hide it?
Last edited by TerminusEst13 on Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Ranger - New class for HeXen.
ZDoom Wars - I drew some pictures.
Samsara - Some class-based mod I guess?
Metroid: Dreadnought - I am a dumb fanboy.
DemonSteele - ~come with me to anime world~

-Jes-
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by -Jes- » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:15 pm

Zantum wrote: I think, its personal problems.
Wrong.

Decorate works by way of replacement.
Both mods replace nearly everything.

Loading both together just makes one override the other.
That's why doing so doesn't instantly crash, which in and of itself is a fluke.

Zantum

Post by Zantum » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:22 pm

I don't demand that you agree with it, but I do ask that you at least respect it.
I glad for wad and I will be very happy for 100% complete wad.
wait, if I theoretically went ahead with this compatibility (which is impossible to do, by the way), your suggestion would be for me to hide it?
My logic is simple:
1. Metroid Dreadnought works with Brutal Doom, but has little problem.
2. Find the mod author, report him about it. Ask about fix, if it possible.
3. Find the another mod author, report him about it. Ask about fix, if it possible.

Reasons of that logic:
I run Zandronum through IDE, use .pk3 so:
Brutal_Zandro_SE.pk3
metroiddreadnought-levels-v1.pk3
MetroidDreadnought-v1.pk3

Then set launch. No errors. No critical reports. No logs(key point).

Question - how to know what the problem is without any logs and debug infos without reports to the author?
Variants:
1. If problem is something in Metroid Dreadnought, find the mod author, report him about it and ask about fix, if it possible.
2. If problem is something in Brutal Doom(Brutal_Zandro_SE.pk3), find the mod author, report him about it and ask about fix, if it possible.

First point exclusion gives me a reason to go to the second point.

IdeIdoom
Zandrone

Post by IdeIdoom » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:00 pm

I will repeat what the author of this mod said:
TerminusEst13 wrote: No. Brutal Doom integration and/or support is never happening.
As in, what ever you try to say about the compatibility between this mod and Brutal Doom will, never, happen.
THE ROMANIAN POWERImage

Code: Select all

<+Dastan>	edd
<+Dastan>	boxxy skin when
<+Shift>	dastan you really want to fap at it this much and now you are going crazy and shredding your hair into a million tiny pieces for this boxxy skin to come out that way you can cum out
<+Dastan>	Shift, yes
--------------------------------------------------------------------
21:53:26  <@Estar>	well, if i'd be a girl, i would say ideidoom has ok looks

-Jes-

Post by -Jes- » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:14 pm

Zantum wrote: My logic is simple:
1. Metroid Dreadnought works with Brutal Doom-
No, it doesn't. It doesn't have to crash to not work, the glitches appearing are more than enough to point that out.

You simply can't load up two weapons-, monsters- and playerclass-replacing mods and expect them to work side by side - Modding does not work that way.
One will take precedence, things will break, your experience will suffer.

And making them compatible, especially for large scale mods such as the ones you're asking for, is YEARS of work for anything less than 5 people!

Zantum

Post by Zantum » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:32 pm

I think, first me need answer to simple question - how to know what the problem is without any logs and debug infos?

I must know where is the problem.

If there is a problem it should be solved. Else isnt important, no matter.

Ryan Cordell
New User

Post by Ryan Cordell » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:42 pm

Zantum wrote: I think, first me need answer to simple question - how to know what the problem is without any logs and debug infos?

I must know where is the problem.

If there is a problem it should be solved. Else isnt important, no matter.
no. Stop being retarded, he's not obligated to merge Metroid and Brutal Doom together, no matter what your reasoning is or how much you're gonna nag him. Now fuck off elsewhere with your 'omg merge this with bd!! now!!' mentality.

TehRealSalt

Post by TehRealSalt » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:46 pm

There isn't technically a way to find it; you just have to play and see if something works wonky. I guarantee that something will go wrong somewhere.

It doesn't matter anyways; Terminus hates Brutal Doom's author (i think nearly everyone does by this point, actually), and he doesn't want to spend time on supporting a mod he hates. Especially a extremely large mod that he hates.

-Jes-

Post by -Jes- » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:51 pm

TehRealSalt wrote: Terminus hates Brutal Doom's author
He really doesn't.

Now, someone that he and everyone DOES hate, is the gazillionth brutal doom fanchild who comes screaming in a brand new thread - INSTEAD OF USING THE SEARCH FUNCTION - about his mindboggingly stupid problems with every other gameplay mod ever breaking Brutal Doom in one way or another, especially when he puts BD in his skins folder...

...ONLY THEN TO GO ON BLAMING EVERYONE ELSE FOR IT.
Last edited by -Jes- on Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Riet
New User

Post by The Riet » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:53 pm

Zantum wrote: I think, first me need answer to simple question - how to know what the problem is without any logs and debug infos?
To answer your simple question with a simple answer:

There is no problem. Metroid Dreadnought and Brutal Doom are not compatible. There will not be a patch to make them compatible.

Zantum

Post by Zantum » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:59 pm

no.
Where you found such phrases from me in previous posts? And about merging two mods in one?
There isn't technically a way to find it; you just have to play and see if something works wonky. I guarantee that something will go wrong somewhere.
Repeating what I say in another words.
It doesn't matter anyways; Terminus hates Brutal Doom's author
Me interesting why. Be poor if it just hate without any reason.
he doesn't want to spend time on supporting a mod he hates. Especially a extremely large mod that he hates.
How about find a way for exclude Metroid Dreadnought that I had reason go to Brutal Doom author? Without charges, strong language, morality and other emotions.

Ryan Cordell
New User

Post by Ryan Cordell » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:06 pm

Let's try in your language then: they no care about you, brutal doom sucks, go back to hole you crawl from.

TehRealSalt

Post by TehRealSalt » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:10 pm

-Jes- wrote:He really doesn't.
I was under the impression that Mark got a lot of people pissed off. My bad! :redface:

(also, i thought he said that he disliked him somewhere? maybe my memory is foggy...)
Last edited by TehRealSalt on Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Jes-

Post by -Jes- » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:11 pm

TehRealSalt wrote: I was under the impression that Mark got a lot of people pissed off. My bad! :redface:
He did. Term isn't one of them, surprising since he (Term) has to listen to terminally stupid toddlers whinge at him every day about how Samsara won't load properly when all they did was put BD in their skins folder.

Modding. Does. Not. Work. That. Way.
Last edited by -Jes- on Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slim
Zandrone
Clan: Can't fit it in here
Clan Tag: -=FSR=-

Post by Slim » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:23 pm

I'm seeing full retard in text right now. Metroid Dreadnought will never, ever, receive Brutal Doom compatibility. You're asking an unwanted favor. Also, if you want it so bad, why not learn the code and fuse it yourself? I mean, asking someone who could care less about Brutal Doom is like asking a cop to arrest someone because you just want them arrested. This is just plain either retardation, or severe ignorance.

[quote=TerminusEst13]Nintendo has already sent me a "we're watching you" e-mail about this [/quote]

I don't see how Nintendo cares about this one mod of Doom... If they wanna suddenly worry about mods for games then they should really crack down on other Doom mods like Super Mario Doom (just a reskin but still), and not even just Doom mods, how many other countless games get mods based off Nintendo games? Enough that your head would explode tracking each one down.

"Your childish antics grow tiring. If you dare to fight me, then I accept your challenge: Anytime, anywhere." - Zero, Megaman X5
Spoiler: Quotes (Open)
5:54 PM - Slim: you're complaining about something so small that
5:54 PM - Lance: so? we do that all the time
5:55 PM - Lance: we're a bunch of losers complaining at a bar minus the bar
Spoiler: Galactus tried evading (Open)

Zantum

Post by Zantum » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:24 pm

I still dont see the response(find a way for exclude Metroid Dreadnought). Emotions only.

Ryan Cordell
New User

Post by Ryan Cordell » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:25 pm

Good, you won't see one at all. :)

Zantum

Post by Zantum » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:38 pm

I see something like 4chan only. (just association)

Say anything to the ordinary person, which dont know absolutely all about Doom and connected, rather than to explain why the problem is not a problem and for some reason, asked what is impossible. (find the reason why Metroid Dreadnought got problems with Brutal Doom)

-Jes-

Post by -Jes- » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:42 pm

Zantum wrote: I still dont see the response(find a way for exclude Metroid Dreadnought). Emotions only.
I'm sorry, but do you understand Decorate? Or ACS perhaps? Do you even know what a playerclass is? Or how about actor states??

If the answer to any of that is not a resounding yes, then please shut the hell up.
We, a bunch of capable modders, are telling you right here right now that this won't fly. IT'S THAT SIMPLE.