Old stuff gets archived here.
Lord Haze
New User
Clan: Delt@
Clan Tag: Delt@

Thread Closed

Post by Lord Haze » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:06 am

Thread Closed
Last edited by Lord Haze on Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

mifu
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: Demon RiderZ

RE: admins

Post by mifu » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:43 am

Admins are not on all the time and it's a bit hard to get a bunch of folks from different timezones to admin. Esp if Admins have real life to tend to.

If there is a troll that trolled on a server normally you can go to the irc channel of the server (eg: #grandvoid) and leave a message, and when an Admin becomes active they can go through logs (or your screenshots) and get their IP address and ban them so next time, it wont happen again.

EDIT: I get that during in-game this would piss people off, but at the same time, there is no guarantee that admins will be around at the time of you playing.
Last edited by mifu on Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

AkumaKing
Forum Regular

Post by AkumaKing » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:16 am

I think people need to appreciate admins more, these people have lives and have to also keep our experience peaceful and orderly. And, this is coming from me, someone who has gotten in trouble with admins on various sites. (Sometimes I'm a douche, other times they just don't like me for my interests and personality (Yeah, the latter is pretty bad of a reason.(Dem parenthesis.)))

Anyways, you can't expect them to respond as soon as it happens unless they are in the server. And, more than half of the time they're not in the server; they're busy with real life or in the IRC. Maybe the server clusters recruiting some admins who have more free time on their hands would help slightly solve this? I dunno. There's no guarantee they'll be reasonable, afterall.

Besides, if the trolls are such problems, they'll eventually be caught by someone and then banned by an admin.
Projects: Unbound, Zelda DXA

Ruin

Post by Ruin » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:23 am

How about finding out who the admins of said servers are and leaving a report if nobody is around. There's plenty of information on the boards about who runs what and there is even contact information in the server's Message of the Day (most of the time).

PROTIP: sitting in the channel and only saying this:
lord haze wrote: 2014-07-21 21:47:23 <lordhaze> yo admins rofl
is not helpful at all. They need details my man. Details. Which server, who it was, what they were doing, screenshots even. Anything.
Last edited by Ruin on Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Secondly, <PRO> is utter shit, and they're only "known" because almost all of them are also staff." - /vr/

Lord Haze
New User

Post by Lord Haze » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:44 am

welp kinda hard to do that when i keep getting troll kicked and have to wait 10mins and by that time he has changed his name and i cant find out who it is and secondly ruin ik i said that in irc to see if admins would reply THEN i was going to tell them some info its kinda like what u would do in a real convo with someone u start out saying hi. then u end up saying after they reply hi or hello back hows the weather or something like that i was waiting on a reply, but didnt get an answer so didnt bother sending anymore texts cuz by then they had allready left. besides i think that GV should disable all kicks on there servers because there is nobody who uses it properly anyway everyone uses it for there own self pleasure rather it be that kicking a guy that had to leave for a bit and was afk or just some random jack*** that uses it to troll other by kicking them. whats worse is half of the guys on the servers dont even bother looking at the vote, they just randomly click yes and nobody knows why. but anyway doesnt matter anymore, cuz technically this admin thing is like a supply and demand thing, theres more demand for admins then there is supply but after u comment whatever your gona comment im gona shut this post but if u wish to look throught the logs to see if u can find that person... i was in GV lms
Last edited by Lord Haze on Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Ruin

Post by Ruin » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:51 am

It's called a Private Message or leaving details in the channel. Admins can check server logs to see if someone changed their name or not. It takes 5 minutes to upload a screenshot and send it in a private message to one of the administrators or just post it in the channel so that someone can follow up on it when they are around. It happens all the time. People join ask for an admin, and leave when a there isn't an immediate response. So instead of reporting somebody causing problems, that problem causer goes unchecked because they lack the patience to actually write out what happened. Carry on complaining about a free service though.
Last edited by Ruin on Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Secondly, <PRO> is utter shit, and they're only "known" because almost all of them are also staff." - /vr/

Lord Haze
New User

Post by Lord Haze » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:03 am

yep ok
ImageImage

Dusk
Developer

Post by Dusk » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:07 am

You know, this isn't an instant-messaging service. You can write your posts in actual coherent English in here.
Last edited by Dusk on Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Haze
New User

Post by Lord Haze » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:08 am

thats cool
Last edited by Lord Haze on Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Ruin

RE: Thread Closed

Post by Ruin » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:32 am

Sure is.