Old stuff gets archived here.
The Toxic Avenger
Forum Staff
Clan: ???
Clan Tag: [???]

RE: To prevent is better than cure

Post by The Toxic Avenger » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:21 am

Hoo boy. What a mess.

Blue: I'm the one that just happens to stumble on the stuff. I'm not keeping anyone from moderating what you do, in fact I have asked other mods to act as cleanup, and I do consult other mods when need-be. I just happen to be one of the more active mods, and due to which I end up being the first that finds the said stuff that got modded. Please, settle down. I don't have any sort of vendetta or anything. Good lord.

Luke: As I said in PM, I feel like I was a bit overly harsh when I worded that PM, and I apologize. However, the way that logo was posted looked like trolling/baiting to me. Perhaps it wasn't posted with those intentions? Maybe. It can be hard to judge behind a computer screen with no way to show emotion or anything. However, I figured that the fact that much of this community loathes MLP was a clear-cut thing, and that posting it the way you did looked very much like trolling to me. Don't get me wrong, an appeal is absolutely still possible. We're all human, and mistakes can happen.

EDIT: Fixed some minor wording to be more clear.
Last edited by The Toxic Avenger on Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Luke
Forum Regular

Post by Luke » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:40 am

Ruin wrote: Question. Why not just PM the mod about your warn instead of starting all.....this? It comes off like a temper tantrum.
I believe that if we understand what mindless hating leads to, we can relieve the staff from the job of having to settle hateful and flameful situation being us, in first place, people who do their best to calm the most troublesome users, explaining them how pointless is to just don't give a damn about those ponies and how doing so makes them look much better under the eyes of mature people equal to them (at least they claim to be mature even though they have to rage about ponies, right?).

Aand I apologise for my engrish guys. For such delicate matter I'm totally aware that the grammar and the syntax has to be over the top and I'm way under, but I think I explained myself clearly.

edit:
Ninjamander wrote:Possibly because he lost trust in the administration and feel it wont do anything? But I admit posting something like that in the public wont help and will just add more tension between the member/admin =/..
I don't want to add any tension, I don't want to blame anyone for a decision that may or may not be wrong. We're all humans, nobody is perfect, everybody makes mistakes; what makes us better people is how we try to remedy to our mistakes. I believe so.

Then again: this is also why I begged everyone to don't reply. I wanted to tell everybody what I wrote, and I didn't want to see a huge argument coming up from what I said.

That is it.

re-edit:
The Toxic Avenger wrote:Luke: As I said in PM, I feel like I was a bit overly harsh when I worded that PM, and I apologize. However, the way that logo was posted looked like trolling/baiting to me. Perhaps it wasn't posted with those intentions? Maybe. It can be hard to judge behind a computer screen with no way to show emotion or anything. However, I figured that the fact that much of this community loathes MLP was a clear-cut thing, and that posting it the way you did looked very much like trolling to me. Don't get me wrong, an appeal is absolutely still possible. We're all human, and mistakes can happen.
Indeed. I figured that you couldn't tell what were my intentions, and this is in fact why I'm not even slightly mad at you, what makes me angry is that the staff has to punish when in doubt because people like to troll.

I'm a troll myself and I understand why that is so fun, but when members of this community act like trolls publicly... I only wanted to tell everybody to be nice towards the others, it would only make everyone happier.
Last edited by Luke on Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cyber'
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: The Professionals
Clan Tag: <PRO>

Post by Cyber' » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:33 am

Luke wrote:
I'm a troll myself and I understand why that is so fun, but when members of this community act like trolls publicly... I only wanted to tell everybody to be nice towards the others, it would only make everyone happier.
The fact that you're admitting to being a "troll" basically nullifies the fact that you had any sort of unfair warning. You should consider that very carefully...

Just my two cents.
Projects completed : PROCTF, Jump Maze, Tricky ST. RJX.Jump Maze X
Newest Project : Nothing at present.

Jumpmaze X post is here viewtopic.php?f=58&t=9981&p=115929#p115929
I always love these calm moments before the storm...

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:38 am

The Toxic Avenger wrote: Blue: I'm the one that just happens to stumble on the stuff. I'm not keeping anyone from moderating what you do, in fact I have asked other mods to act as cleanup, and I do consult other mods when need-be. I just happen to be one of the more active mods, and due to which I end up being the first that finds the said stuff that got modded. Please, settle down. I don't have any sort of vendetta or anything. Good lord.
How come you trashed the Zandronum appreciation thread when legion said he didn't mind it?

The Toxic Avenger
Forum Staff
Clan: ???
Clan Tag: [???]

Post by The Toxic Avenger » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:47 am

Fuck if I can remember the exact reason anymore, but IIRC it was kind of a mess at the time. I kind of have my doubts about doing that looking back at it.

Ijon Tichy
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by Ijon Tichy » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:54 am

Luke wrote: I'm a troll myself and I understand why that is so fun, but when members of this community act like trolls publicly... I only wanted to tell everybody to be nice towards the others, it would only make everyone happier.
so you're a giant hypocrite.
alrighty then, glad we sorted that out

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:04 am

The Toxic Avenger wrote: Fuck if I can remember the exact reason anymore, but IIRC it was kind of a mess at the time. I kind of have my doubts about doing that looking back at it.
How come you pretended to be afk when we confronted you about it?

Samurai
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: [LF]

Post by Samurai » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:12 am

Ijon Tichy wrote:
Luke wrote: I'm a troll myself and I understand why that is so fun, but when members of this community act like trolls publicly... I only wanted to tell everybody to be nice towards the others, it would only make everyone happier.
so you're a giant hypocrite.
alrighty then, glad we sorted that out
This. Makes my first post where I tried to defend your stance because I didn't think you were a troll look pretty redundant now.

Code: Select all

00:11  <Jarin_cz>	i am pretty sure i have more doom friends than you

Luke
Forum Regular

Post by Luke » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:38 am

If I ever trolled you, would I admit that I'm troll pubicly, without shame, without making clear how I've never trolled around here, but basically saying everyone "hey soop! I trolled you!"?

Over and out.
Last edited by Luke on Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vivid
Banned
Banned: Permanently

Post by Vivid » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:25 am

Luke wrote: If I ever trolled you, would I admit that I'm troll pubicly, without shame, without making clear how I've never trolled around here, but basically saying everyone "hey soop! I trolled you!"?

Over and out.

infurnus
Clan: Unidoom
Clan Tag: UD

Post by infurnus » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:36 am

No.

EDIT:

* pleyarr has joined #staff
<pleyarr> you can see that I'm luke by my ip. please make my forum ban permanent. thank you.
No.

EDIT #2:
This guy has been pushing it for some time now:

http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.p ... 6#pid63896
Luke wrote:
John Zombie wrote: It's always hilarious when somebody brings the "This wasn't possible in doom.exe" argument, this is called an "enhanced port" for a reason. Otherwise we might as well forbid:
-any resolution higher than 320x200
-freelook
-jumping
-connections that aren't IPX
-support for other OSes besides DOS
because hey, doom.exe doesn't support those either!!!

No but seriously, if you want to play like doom.exe just stick with doom.exe without bringing retarded arguments in here :wink:
Honestly, the only hilarious and retarded thing here is how people can't get a very simple concept.

Or how, otherwise, they pretend they don't understand.

(:

edit:
But no, seriously. For the sake of the intelligence let me smash on your RETARDED face how much a dumbass you are, or you act as just to piss the shit out of myself. Fuck politeness and good manners, you're just a moron and I believe that morons can understand something only when the others relate on their same level.

So are you coming here to open your mouth to say bullshits like "if we can't have enhancements we would run doon in 320x200". I'm like.... FOR REAL!? Are you so much of an asshole that you pretend that you don't understand that changing the resolution does nothing except changing the number of pixels that compose the certain thing X?

Are you so bloody RETARDED that you pretend to act as if being able to freelook or jump would be the same as having a program that automatically searches the enemies on your screen and aims at them?

Because, you dear dickhead, what a script does is doing something for you, like searching for an enemie on the screen or sending a serie of commands to the console hitting only one key instead of having to use 3 fingers.

To come to a point: if nobody cut any of your fingers I don't see why you should get a fucking advantage using a goddamn script.

Now go to shove your stuff into a muff and stop bullshitting on the internet. In all honesty the world is already full of complete idiots and you don't need to contribute behaving like a retarded while you're not, and if you're retarded I can't give a damn: fix your goddamn brain and either way stop bullshitting on the internet you BANANER.

PS: I'm sorry Infurnus, but I really had to tell him a couple of things. Publicly. Go on an ban me, I was very aware I would have been.
Luke wrote: Go on an ban me, I was very aware I would have been.
I put this guy on time out for a while.

EDIT #3:

2014-07-13  13:02:49  -> pleyarr (~pleyarr@host101-153-dynamic.44-79-r.retail.telecomitalia.it) has joined #Zandronum
2014-07-13  13:03:01  <pleyarr> Nice post editing Infurnus, and nice how you want to make me look like a troll/flamer. Very well done, nonetheless I'm grateful to have a chance of proving you're right. Moron. Also good luck rangebannin the whole italy to keep me out. With love, luke. PS: I totally understand everyone who shittalked about this administration.
2014-07-13  13:03:07  <pleyarr> HAND
2014-07-13  13:03:10  <- pleyarr (~pleyarr@host101-153-dynamic.44-79-r.retail.telecomitalia.it) has quit IRC ["Doomseeker End Of Line"]
also http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4259

also

Honestly I don't know where this guy went so wrong

I might need to put this here for reference in case people read this later:
This thread got 30 thousand views in under 24 hours.
Last edited by infurnus on Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ruin

Post by Ruin » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:43 am

rekt
Last edited by Ruin on Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Secondly, <PRO> is utter shit, and they're only "known" because almost all of them are also staff." - /vr/