To prevent is better than cure

Old stuff gets archived here.
Luke
Forum Regular

To prevent is better than cure

Post by Luke » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:07 pm

someone someone in the middle of something wrote: Dear Luke

You have received a warning from the staff of Zandronum.
--

--

You should've known a pony logo like that was going to start a shitstorm. Please don't.
I honestly had no clue that the users are so retarded that can start a shitstorm over such blatant ironic joke.
I wonder why do I have to get a warn when there are people so retarded that can't get over a joke that they consider dumb, or that involves material that they dislike; shouldn't be more fair to warn those people IF they start a shitstorm?

Or just because Catastrophe is more a friend of yours than I am I deserve a warn and he doesn't? (forget the fact that I'm not even slighty upsed by his 'die': I'm an adult, I can laugh about it, and him.)

On the same note: what if I make a pony-style wad and I want to advertise it in the Projects, Maps & Mods section? Or what if I have a pony as avatar? Why isn't that forbidden if we're forced to censor ourselves just because a bunch of retards can't behave?

Obviously: every question in this message is purely rhetorical, I only wanted to point out how unfair is to warn ME when the retards can stroll around free.

And in all my honesty [NAME CENSORED]... if this is where 20 years of dooming led us, doom should just die.

And I will add to the above message:
I feel I should be permabanned already, and before some smartass comes out trying to be funny: no I'm not asking to be banned.
I feel I should be banned already for how I raged against someone else, if I was the staff I would have banned myself. I'm not, fortunately or not, so if I'm posting is to give a constructive contribute in return of still being able to post here.

However, I felt the need to share this thoughts with everyone of you: if it's true that I -for how little- am part of this community, then I want to leave you my small contributes, as these thoughts.

Go in front of a mirror and ask yourself if it's fair to warn me because of a silly joke that someone may have used to start a 'shitstorm' or if we should, instead, punish and evenually forbid those individuals who cannot control themselves from being part of the community.
I was totally aware that about 90% of you wouldn't have liked my logo, but I did it anyway to see your reactions, and have a laugh with you about how an asshole I am. I don't even like MLP!

Doesn't matter. What matters is what the warning says:
You should've known a pony logo like that was going to start a shitstorm. Please don't.
What matters is that we're to the point where we have to censor ourselves because someone else is too much a redneck.

Now let me close this post and GTFO. I don't want to be involved in any stupid community war as it's costume around here. Yea there will be those people who will indeed start flaming, in a subtle way, just to provoke, just to flame. We all know it. We all know them (more or less). Personally, I'm not sure about over 90% of you, I know just a couple of people among the users and a couple among the staff whom I'm sure are nice people, for the rest of you I don't know and I don't even want to know.

Avoid replying so. This wasn't mean to be a thread, I only had something to tell you, to make you reflect about the situation and help us building a better and more friendly community, where we can say what we want, without having to be warned just because someone else is a moron.

I encourage the staff to consider any reply to this thread as an attempt to flame, I remark: nothing has to be said. I would close the topic by myself if I could. If someone has to answer me, he/she has a PM and can do it that way, leaving it out from the public to avoid further and obvious flaming about this matter and this post, because I'm SURE there will be people who will try to flame, finely or explicitly.

Have A Nice Day,
Luke.

edit: and let me add, Catastrophe (since I notice I wrote your name in public) I took that 'die' as a joke.
Last edited by Luke on Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Synert
Forum Regular

RE: To prevent is better than cure

Post by Synert » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:45 pm

yeah to be fair that doesn't really deserve a warning

Slim
Zandrone
Clan: Can't fit it in here
Clan Tag: -=FSR=-

Post by Slim » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:49 pm

In before the trash bin.. But anyway,

I love how the message you got was all "this is srs bns man you fuckin wif us" FOR A JOKE. It's like everything on the forums has to be serious business. (In this case, IBM should be getting flak for the Zandy Land logo, but because it wasn't bronies, no harassment. Not that I hate it or anything, no offense.)

"Your childish antics grow tiring. If you dare to fight me, then I accept your challenge: Anytime, anywhere." - Zero, Megaman X5
Spoiler: Quotes (Open)
5:54 PM - Slim: you're complaining about something so small that
5:54 PM - Lance: so? we do that all the time
5:55 PM - Lance: we're a bunch of losers complaining at a bar minus the bar
Spoiler: Galactus tried evading (Open)

Balrog
Forum Regular

Post by Balrog » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:50 pm

If you tell people not to talk about you, people will talk about you.

Anyway, in absence of further evidence I'm with Synert on this. People are just getting mad because ponies, nothing here seems warnable.

Code: Select all

[15:53:14] balrog: one day, the original mm8bdm devteam from mfggu and i will meet in valhalla and we will be friends

<ijon>well fuk
<ijon>guess I gotta suck dicks now

(18:13:17)<Mayrine>i dont have to learnt anything about ACS

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:59 pm

And I will add to the above message:
I feel I should be permabanned already, and before some smartass comes out trying to be funny: no I'm not asking to be banned.
I feel I should be banned already for how I raged against someone else, if I was the staff I would have banned myself. I'm not, fortunately or not, so if I'm posting is to give a constructive contribute in return of still being able to post here.
Your thread title leads to the fact that you should indeed get banned. Good luck achieving it!
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Ninjamander

Post by Ninjamander » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:02 pm

Even if I'm not a fan of MLP, I personal think this warning was unfair....

ibm5155
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by ibm5155 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:05 pm

Must be the same madmin who gave me 2 point warning for posting "nothing" into post what you're listening here or the other madmin(wasn't the same one?) who actually made me suspended because I posted a thread on the same day my expiration day expired, with the text "I live again" and a video of blood intro with that voice...

I'm not going to enter on that personal details, but some dumb warnings make us mad, and since he's posting on the same day he got it, it must expected to not see a cute text...
Spoiler: now it's a pony war (Open)
Projects
Cursed Maze: DONE, V2.0
Zombie Horde - ZM09 map update: [3/15/13]
Need help with English? Then you've come to the right place!

<this post is proof of "Decline">

Ijon Tichy
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by Ijon Tichy » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:08 pm

I just assumed the pony logo thing was a joke
and yeah the doom community for the most part hates mlp, surprise surprise

now why you decided to write an entire essay about this is beyond me

edit: also by the way, for those who are attempting to inject mlp shit into doom, realize that most of us here don't want that, and that you have no right to demand that we give it clearance when it inevitably starts shit
it's your job to understand what does and doesn't start shit in a community, and if you know that and go against it anyway, all the blame lies squarely on you
Last edited by Ijon Tichy on Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ruin
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Ruin » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:11 pm

Question. Why not just PM the mod about your warn instead of starting all.....this? It comes off like a temper tantrum.
"Secondly, <PRO> is utter shit, and they're only "known" because almost all of them are also staff." - /vr/

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:14 pm

Now that I can post. TTA is such a bad admin, I wouldn't blame this guy for being pissed.
Ruin wrote: Question. Why not just PM the mod about your warn instead of starting all.....this? It comes off like a temper tantrum.
You know why? I did pm this guy about a problem earlier. The result? He does nothing but lazily edits his post and doesn't put mine back. Context here.

He has also split posts from my own thread and warned me for telling someone to fuck off. Sure, perhaps that one is justified, but what bothers me the most is how he splits that, but waits an entire day to split this nonsense after I brought it up.

This leads me to one conclusion. Thetoxicavenger is gay for me. Whenever he sees my posts, he looks extra hard at them. He cannot allow allow anybody else to split my posts. And when you bring it up to him, he'll simply pretend to be afk. I remember I asked TTA to think for himself. I think he thinks for himself too much now. He's too biased.

Now the worst part is I can't post anything without (usually) his approval. He is my master now. He has his wish.
Last edited by Catastrophe on Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ninjamander

Post by Ninjamander » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:16 pm

Ruin wrote: Question. Why not just PM the mod about your warn instead of starting all.....this? It comes off like a temper tantrum.
Possibly because he lost trust in the administration and feel it wont do anything? But I admit posting something like that in the public wont help and will just add more tension between the member/admin =/..

but in the same time..I can't blame him...

ibm5155
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by ibm5155 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:17 pm

and this
Projects
Cursed Maze: DONE, V2.0
Zombie Horde - ZM09 map update: [3/15/13]
Need help with English? Then you've come to the right place!

<this post is proof of "Decline">

Ruin

Post by Ruin » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:20 pm

Ninjamander wrote:
Possibly because he lost trust in the administration and feel it wont do anything? But I admit posting something like that in the public wont help and will just add more tension between the member/admin =/..

but in the same time..I can't blame him...

There are better ways of handling your business. Turning shit into a public circus is not one of them. It comes off as childish.
Last edited by Ruin on Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Secondly, <PRO> is utter shit, and they're only "known" because almost all of them are also staff." - /vr/

Samurai
Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: [LF]

Post by Samurai » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:20 pm

The problem is that it has always been a 'touchy' subject in the past. I agree with you that a warning is excessive, and from reading previous posts you make, you're definitely not the sort of person to act like a troll on here. After looking back it's obvious that the post you made was a sort of 'tongue in cheek' humour, and again you're not the sort of guy to escalate a situation such as this.

00:11  <Jarin_cz>	i am pretty sure i have more doom friends than you

Ru5tK1ng

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:21 pm

It appears that you may have not considered the consequences of this 'joke' icon. It would have only taken 1 minute to realize that a shitstorm was inevitable. I honestly think we should be thankful to the forum mod who prevented a possible mess.
And in all my honesty [NAME CENSORED]... if this is where 20 years of dooming led us, doom should just die.
Must be the same madmin who gave me 2 point warning for posting "nothing" into post what you're listening here or the other madmin(wasn't the same one?)
Guys this is why you aren't mods. You both just have bad judgement and stir shit intentionally. If anything, we should be making an appreciation thread for TTA.
Projects

EonDM - With Hatred as my sidekick.
RageCTF - Made 1 map and did much more.
DBAB LMS - Pack made for Last Man Standing.
EonWeapons - Improve vanilla weapons and add stuff for kicks.
Progressive Duel - Leaving the old behind.
IDL201X CTF - Maintaining since 2013.
Strife AA - Helped tested + 1 map

Espio
Forum Regular

Post by Espio » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:23 pm

At least it wasn't quote "obnoxious" closed quotes for a warning.
https://youtu.be/qbgpcemxVPA?t=8s "Get the fuck up."
https://www.mediafire.com/?kb7sf1nizgwvqsr My custom music wad for Doom I & II - 166 MEG WARNING

<Dark-Slayer>CorpseGr1nder, get a job
<Konar6>blow*

(09:58:54)<BlueCool>think of all the stuff i couldve done in thoes 5 second
(09:59:05)<BlueCool>1. bake cookies
(09:59:16)<BlueCool>2. eat cookies

Vivid
Banned
Banned: Permanently

Post by Vivid » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:47 pm

This only proves that remnants of the old guard are just as contemptuous as their predecessors. I believe history will repeat itself again, and outward distrust of incompetence and competency can only be fought out in the open arena of public discussion.
Last edited by Vivid on Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ruin

Post by Ruin » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:01 am

Vivid wrote: This only proves that remnants of the old guard are just as contemptuous as their predecessors. I believe history will repeat itself again, and outward distrust of incompetence and competency can only be fought out in the open arena of public discussion.
This is why the staff discussion board exists. Users are able to express concerns if they want. All I see here in OP's post is a giant "fuck you guys, ban me if you want".

Vivid
Banned
Banned: Permanently

Post by Vivid » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:08 am

Ruin wrote:
Vivid wrote: This only proves that remnants of the old guard are just as contemptuous as their predecessors. I believe history will repeat itself again, and outward distrust of incompetence and competency can only be fought out in the open arena of public discussion.
This is why the staff discussion board exists. Users are able to express concerns if they want. All I see here in OP's post is a giant "fuck you guys, ban me if you want".
Well I am not validating his measures nor the content of his posts, but the point still addresses an underlying issue that some others here seem to have. This is similar to how another staff member went down, but far less sophisticated and much more vitriolic.
Last edited by Vivid on Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hypnotoad

Post by Hypnotoad » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:15 am

So how did this thread suddenly get 28 thousand views?