Useful Editing Links

Discuss all aspects related to modding Zandronum here.
Klofkac
Forum Regular

RE: Useful Editing Links

Post by Klofkac » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:33 pm

For opening 7z/pk7 archives
7-zip

mr fiat
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by mr fiat » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:58 pm

IMO slade3 is awful I find it cluttered and tricky to use, no thanks id rather stick to XWE. sure xwe is outdated and may screw your file (unless you know what you are doing) but its a million times more user friendly then slade3.

katZune
Forum Regular

Post by katZune » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:03 pm

a epic tool for open zip, pk3 and more! PakScape
Whitout a good PC ATM, i will back when 2.0 come out, :)
Spoiler: The True (Open)
Ijon Tichy wrote:
Catastrophe wrote: Banned on grandvoid for trolling Zombie Horde and all out war (blocking, destroying my own base, etc)
Kicked from El Zoido's all out war for nuking our teams base
Kicked again from el Zoido's server for fucking up the warfactory so bad that mechs couldn't spawn anymore
I see no offenses here

only justice

Torvald
Forum Regular

Post by Torvald » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:40 am

Just a suggestion, but instead of Audacity, why not user Reaper. It's 1,000,000X better and makes Audacity look like shit. It's completely free, except for a 5 second evaluation waiting time.

http://www.reaper.fm/download.php

Watermelon
Zandrone

Post by Watermelon » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:01 pm

Sound only

Reaper
Useful editing tool for music (can use it professionaly to make music).

Most importantly, for the newb... it can convert to pretty much almost any format, and there is... BATCH CONVERSION!!! (Which means that you can take a list of files and convert them all from one kind to another, its in File -> Batch something)

EDIT: Tor beat me to it, but my description is better
Last edited by Watermelon on Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

infurnus
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: Unidoom
Clan Tag: UD

Post by infurnus » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:21 pm

A classic:

The Doom Wiki - Useful for learning historical or technical information about Doom and its engine.

Llewellyn
Forum Regular

Post by Llewellyn » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:32 pm

bazzoka wrote: GZdoom Builber is tool for map editing and creating 3D Slopes or floors posible to see just a slope, dynamic light, alpha (transparency).
Be warned when using this that while it is really easy to align textures in formats like UDMF (which is really nice) I wouldn't recommend it for actual mapbuilding because it WILL SHIT ON YOUR WAD.
I've had it crash 3-4 times just creating sectors, and once managed to corrupt the entire TEXTMAP lump into complete garbage.

Lollipop
Zandrone

Post by Lollipop » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:02 pm

Llewellyn wrote:
bazzoka wrote: GZdoom Builber is tool for map editing and creating 3D Slopes or floors posible to see just a slope, dynamic light, alpha (transparency).
Be warned when using this that while it is really easy to align textures in formats like UDMF (which is really nice) I wouldn't recommend it for actual mapbuilding because it WILL SHIT ON YOUR WAD.
I've had it crash 3-4 times just creating sectors, and once managed to corrupt the entire TEXTMAP lump into complete garbage.
My crash count is 0, i have in fact made a new map with GZDB, and I know happy made aow64 with it.
If GZDB crashes/screw your files, then USE A STABLE BUILD! If that dont help you, then you should try and see if GZDB uses some functions more than DB that your computer does not support (dont ask me how)

Also, add GZDB to the list of map tools, with the note that it SCREWS FILE ON SOME COMPUTERS.

EDIT: just now I had GZDB crash my wad, it turned a verticle X and Y to a value on nan O.o.
It thankfully told me in which line of the textmap the error was, and I turned that value of nan into the values of the verticle listed below with a +1 on x and y. This solved the problem and I merged those 2 verticles.
Last edited by Lollipop on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler: Modding Qualifications (Open)
ACS: If it's of ridiculous scope and of suicide-inducing complexity then it's the thing for me.
DECORATE: I can make more or less any godawful hack I need. Doesn't mean it works, though.
Maps: I only map for testing ACS.
GFX: Not enough time or experience.

If you need help, advice or similar, feel free to send me a PM. ;)
Spoiler: My Current Projects (Open)
> ZMemory
> Various undeveloped ideas. (This one is an immutable fact)
Combinebobnt wrote:i can see the forum league is taking off much better than the ctf ones
GalactusToday at 1:07 PM
are you getting uncomfortable jap
feeling something happen down there

SpaceMarine
Forum Regular

Post by SpaceMarine » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:29 am

How does the Stair Sector Builder even work?
Spoiler: ibm5155 wrote (Open)
O NO, pony invasion at zombie horde forum D:

agaures
Forum Regular

Post by agaures » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:58 am

SpaceMarine wrote: How does the Stair Sector Builder even work?
The way i use it is by selecting a range of sectors, with the first and last sector being the height ranges.
<agaures> I'm guessing you haven't played many doom mods before huh? :p
<Zuplin> i have played master of puppets zombies doom center and a couple more
<agaures> so not many
<Zuplin> i thought that was everything

Samuzero15tlh
Forum Regular
Clan Tag: <skr>

Post by Samuzero15tlh » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Anvil Studio for those people who want's to create it's own midi music. :3
Everyone wants happiness without pain, but you cant have a rainbow without a rain.

I'm working in the Shotgun Frenzy Plus mod in my free time.
Yes, I have a pet that helps me to build doom projects, the Pack-O-Daemon, ain't it cute?.

Spoiler: My Other zandro stuff! (Open)

Samuzero15tlh

ARGENTVM
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by ARGENTVM » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:13 am

Samuzero15tlh wrote: Anvil Studio for those people who want's to create it's own midi music. :3
I don't recommend it after the history I've had with it. Playback (and the program itself) is awful and every time I installed the program it crashed my PC and I had to perform a system restore.

jwaffe
Forum Regular

Post by jwaffe » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:02 am

ARGENTVM wrote:
Samuzero15tlh wrote: Anvil Studio for those people who want's to create it's own midi music. :3
I don't recommend it after the history I've had with it. Playback (and the program itself) is awful and every time I installed the program it crashed my PC and I had to perform a system restore.
I recommend Aria Maestosa for midi editing (it's free)

http://ariamaestosa.sourceforge.net/

There's some midi files it can't open right but in most cases it will do what you need to do.

Also I think Combinebobnt mentioned that it's possible to use ModPlug Tracker (http://www.modplug.com/) to make midi files somehow, if you like working with trackers

Anvil Studio is kind of a mess. I haven't had anything that bad happen to me, but it's far from pleasant to use. It crashes a lot and has bizarre problems with saving files sometimes.

However, Anvil supports some midi features that Aria doesn't, but Aria might catch up, it's still under active development.
Last edited by jwaffe on Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slim
Zandrone
Clan: Can't fit it in here
Clan Tag: -=FSR=-

Post by Slim » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:18 am

If you can get your mitts on FL Studio, it's possible to make MIDIS with it. I use it here and there, and if it's your thing, semi-convert MIDI notes with sound-fonts to make an MP3.

"Your childish antics grow tiring. If you dare to fight me, then I accept your challenge: Anytime, anywhere." - Zero, Megaman X5
Spoiler: Quotes (Open)
5:54 PM - Slim: you're complaining about something so small that
5:54 PM - Lance: so? we do that all the time
5:55 PM - Lance: we're a bunch of losers complaining at a bar minus the bar
Spoiler: Galactus tried evading (Open)

Samuzero15tlh
Forum Regular
Clan Tag: <skr>

Post by Samuzero15tlh » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:37 pm

jwaffe wrote:
ARGENTVM wrote:
I recommend Aria Maestosa for midi editing (it's free)

http://ariamaestosa.sourceforge.net/

There's some midi files it can't open right but in most cases it will do what you need to do.

Also I think Combinebobnt mentioned that it's possible to use ModPlug Tracker (http://www.modplug.com/) to make midi files somehow, if you like working with trackers

Anvil Studio is kind of a mess. I haven't had anything that bad happen to me, but it's far from pleasant to use. It crashes a lot and has bizarre problems with saving files sometimes.

However, Anvil supports some midi features that Aria doesn't, but Aria might catch up, it's still under active development.
Anvil studio works for me .-. but when i dont want to use it i use fl studio.
Btw I should use Aria Maestosa just for test.
Everyone wants happiness without pain, but you cant have a rainbow without a rain.

I'm working in the Shotgun Frenzy Plus mod in my free time.
Yes, I have a pet that helps me to build doom projects, the Pack-O-Daemon, ain't it cute?.

Spoiler: My Other zandro stuff! (Open)

Samuzero15tlh