Hard-Doom v8.3.1 - Updated 10/15/18

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Empyre
Zandrone

RE: Hard-Doom v6.3.2 - Updated 1/24/14

Post by Empyre » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:32 am

IE has the great virtue of being already there. I plan to try Firefox sometime soon. I tried and didn't like Google Chrome.
Meanwhile, it was the fact that wad files were not yet associated with Zandronum. I recently reinstalled Windows and hadn't yet installed Zandronum, but I have now and the download works just fine for me now.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

Faerlyn

RE: Hard-Doom v6.9 - Updated 5/7/14

Post by Faerlyn » Wed May 07, 2014 10:06 pm

Version 6.9 is released! The next version was supposed to be v7 and have three new enemies but I decided to release it as is for now as v6.9. :smile:

DevilHunter
Zandronum Tester

RE: Hard-Doom v6.9 - Updated 5/7/14

Post by DevilHunter » Sat May 10, 2014 6:32 pm

Mirrored because HELL YEA!!! ....

Hard-Doomv69.pk3

Hard-Doomv69.txt

Sorry I was a bit late, Just now got net like awhile ago. Had to play catch up. heh

EDIT: Since I redone my wads folder, I have updated the links. Also linked the txt since its no longer in a zip.
Last edited by DevilHunter on Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Faerlyn

RE: Hard-Doom v7 - Updated 1/18/16

Post by Faerlyn » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:10 am

Version 7 is released!

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:12 am

This beats Complex Doom any day of the week.

Can't wait to play the new version when I get home. Good job Aerial, glad you're still here.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:47 pm

Firefox didn't like the site you linked. Why not post the Best Ever link, since you also uploaded it there?
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

mifu
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: Demon RiderZ

Post by mifu » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:39 am

Ænima wrote: This beats Complex Doom any day of the week.
Hard Doom = The OG of monster modifier mods.

Its awesome and im glad its got a release. I might play some later when I get home if im not busy :P

FascistCat

Post by FascistCat » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:45 pm

Man, I missed so much playing a mod where almost everything has the ability to one (or two) shot you down. 10/10!

Faerlyn

Post by Faerlyn » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:36 pm

Empyre wrote: Firefox didn't like the site you linked. Why not post the Best Ever link, since you also uploaded it there?
I'll add more links to the first post. I just noticed today that my Firefox dislikes gamefront also.

Sompi
Registered just to make one post

Post by Sompi » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:06 am

Hello all

With the long-awaited release of Faerlyn's Hard Doom v7, I recorded a new video of the action in the form of a playthrough of Romero's newest map few days back.
Since I was pointed to this topic, so I'm just going to drop this here.
[spoiler]
phpBB [video]
The [video] tag is deprecated, please use the [media] tag
[/spoiler]

Also, do consider of checking out and joining into the BE-servers available in survival-mode coupled with Hard Doom for some good action.
I can be occasionally seen playing on the servers and there's room for more firepower and greater number of curious eyes to join in. And don't let empty servers stop you. Company might be just around the corner. : -)

And of course, big thanks to Faerlyn and all the contributors for Hard-Doom. Let's keep dooming hard.

Now, if you excuse me, I'll follow my own advice. : -)

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:25 am

Sompi wrote: Hello all

With the long-awaited release of Faerlyn's Hard Doom v7, I recorded a new video of the action in the form of a playthrough of Romero's newest map few days back.
Since I was pointed to this topic, so I'm just going to drop this here.
[spoiler]
phpBB [video]
The [video] tag is deprecated, please use the [media] tag
[/spoiler]

Also, do consider of checking out and joining into the BE-servers available in survival-mode coupled with Hard Doom for some good action.
I can be occasionally seen playing on the servers and there's room for more firepower and greater number of curious eyes to join in. And don't let empty servers stop you. Company might be just around the corner. : -)

And of course, big thanks to Faerlyn and all the contributors for Hard-Doom. Let's keep dooming hard.

Now, if you excuse me, I'll follow my own advice. : -)
I noticed a bug at 0:53 and again at 0:59. The nukage footstep sound was spawned even though you jumped right across the gap and you were in the air far above the nukage.

I'll take a look at the DECORATE.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Faerlyn

Re: Hard-Doom v7.1 - Updated 9/30/16

Post by Faerlyn » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:51 pm

Version 7.1 is released! This new release now requires Zandronum 3.0 if you wish to play on this port.

Faerlyn

Post by Faerlyn » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:41 pm

Here is a nice video that Sompi made of Scythe Map11 with Hard Doom v7.1! :biggrin:
[spoiler]
phpBB [media]
[/spoiler]

Zocker

Post by Zocker » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:24 pm

Just came by to say that I really appreciate the work that has gone into the mod. I was here when the first versions of Hard Doom were released (back on the epic days with tons of HD Survivals in multiplayer. Especially Hell Revealed 2 sticked to me :) ) and just recently played Epic 2 with the newest version. Really had a lot of fun, well done, sir!

While I would say that the Cyber Annihilator is unfarily strong, everything else provides great fun and challanges. First, I was against adding new monsters, but now that they happen less frequently, it is an interesting ingredient that spices up things in some situations. I also think the addition of the Quad-Shotgun is really fun. It probably makes the game a bit too easy in some aspects, but hell is it satisfying.

Faerlyn

Post by Faerlyn » Sun May 14, 2017 9:24 pm

Zocker wrote:Just came by to say that I really appreciate the work that has gone into the mod. I was here when the first versions of Hard Doom were released (back on the epic days with tons of HD Survivals in multiplayer. Especially Hell Revealed 2 sticked to me :) ) and just recently played Epic 2 with the newest version. Really had a lot of fun, well done, sir!

While I would say that the Cyber Annihilator is unfarily strong, everything else provides great fun and challanges. First, I was against adding new monsters, but now that they happen less frequently, it is an interesting ingredient that spices up things in some situations. I also think the addition of the Quad-Shotgun is really fun. It probably makes the game a bit too easy in some aspects, but hell is it satisfying.
Thanks for that! At least some people still enjoy this mod. Also I'm starting to work on v8 of Hard Doom. Below is a few images of the HUD improvements and two new enemies(new lowest tier zombieman and shotgunguy). :biggrin:

v8 Hud
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

v8 New Enemies
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Untitled
Forum Regular

Post by Untitled » Mon May 15, 2017 9:24 pm

You're still working on this! Wow, that was unexpected.

And yes, dropping in to say that I am a fan of your work; in general, there's not too much to say about it that hasn't already been said.

With that in mind, what are these two new enemies? they certainly look neat, if not quite fitting (It does seem weird that a dual-pistol zombie would be a rare spawn for a sonic-railgun zombie, or that a shotgun zombie would be a rare spawn for the quite threatening SSG zombie, but I'm guessing at their weapons via only their sprites, so it's all conjecture).

Faerlyn

Post by Faerlyn » Tue May 16, 2017 11:04 am

Untitled wrote:With that in mind, what are these two new enemies? they certainly look neat, if not quite fitting (It does seem weird that a dual-pistol zombie would be a rare spawn for a sonic-railgun zombie, or that a shotgun zombie would be a rare spawn for the quite threatening SSG zombie, but I'm guessing at their weapons via only their sprites, so it's all conjecture).
The two new enemies are becoming the main replacements for the Zombieman and Shotgunner. It should help a little bit in making early on maps less brutal.

Faerlyn

Re: Hard-Doom v8 - Updated 7/10/17

Post by Faerlyn » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:18 am

Version 8 is released! Check the main post for links and details.

Untitled
Forum Regular

Post by Untitled » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:44 pm

Wow, that changelog! Glad to see this isn't dead.

Combinebobnt
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Combinebobnt » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:23 am

ok argentum looks like there is more hard doom for u now; keeping it alive past its glory years