Tortured Transmission

Old stuff gets archived here.
Ted

Tortured Transmission

Post by Ted » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:01 am

Authors:
Master Garo: Arrangement, Coding, Sound Artist, Sprite Artist, Lead Director.

HorrorMovieGuy: Major Sprite Artist.

Ahri/Dizzy: Beta Tester, Judgment, Support.

Gamenerd64: Balancing Adviser, Resource/Idea Contributor.

Ted: Honorary Doughnut Consumer, Minor Sprite Artist, Balancing Adviser, Idea Contributor, Timewaster That Had To Write All Of This Down.

FSR: Judgment, Support, Awesome Ideas.

Tortured Transmission was in development for over half a year to deliver game changing tactics to the world of Doom; In this mod, you won't be able to blindly gun through every level without taking some serious damage, or dying. It heavily encourages tactical gameplay as well as raises the difficulty roof of Doom to a new level, while at the same time providing the players with new ways to go about each level and to defeat every enemy. We at FSR hope you enjoy the mod and have fun learning how the mod works.

Screenshot:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

You can download the mod here.
Last edited by Ted on Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CloudFlash
Zandrone

RE: Tortured Transmission

Post by CloudFlash » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:06 am

Such gore. So blood.
Also, I know that you guys try to make this mod as hard for the players as possible... but 9 difficulty levels? Isn't that a bit of an overkill?
Still, I enjoyed this mod. The new weapons are cool, and even through the amount of gore is a bit... brutal doom level, it is a cool mod to play.
https://i.imgflip.com/i5tpe.jpg
*Hey, who wants to hear my solution to the modern world's problems? ^Me! %Me! @Me! #Me! *WELL TOO BAD @Did he just stab himself with this butcher knife? %Looks like it ^Hey, the pizza guy arrived! %Pizza! Yey

Slim
Zandrone
Clan: Can't fit it in here
Clan Tag: -=FSR=-

Post by Slim » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:30 pm

Oh boy, this was worth the wait IMO. And it beat my ass. Better practice a bit more...

CloudFlash: the 9 difficulty levels were added for kicks, the last one is for shits and giggles.

"Your childish antics grow tiring. If you dare to fight me, then I accept your challenge: Anytime, anywhere." - Zero, Megaman X5
Spoiler: Quotes (Open)
5:54 PM - Slim: you're complaining about something so small that
5:54 PM - Lance: so? we do that all the time
5:55 PM - Lance: we're a bunch of losers complaining at a bar minus the bar
Spoiler: Galactus tried evading (Open)

mr fiat
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by mr fiat » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:41 pm

no screenshots?

Ted

Post by Ted » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:52 pm

CloudFlash wrote: Such gore. So blood.
Also, I know that you guys try to make this mod as hard for the players as possible... but 9 difficulty levels? Isn't that a bit of an overkill?
Still, I enjoyed this mod. The new weapons are cool, and even through the amount of gore is a bit... brutal doom level, it is a cool mod to play.
There's just a bit of gore as far as body parts goes; Garo added it just to add a bit of satisfaction when you do gib something. As far as the difficulty levels, they all do something different, and as far as variety goes, more is always better than less. Feel free to explore them and try them out.

ps. Some things like blood disappear after a while.
mr fiat wrote: no screenshots?
Screenshot added to the first post in a spoiler.
Last edited by Ted on Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bazzoka
Forum Regular

Post by bazzoka » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:36 pm

Ted wrote: Screenshot added to the first post in a spoiler.
Cool screenshot, i can use it as my wallpaper. Just only one problem it's not an actual screenshot but more like title of post.
You can say good bye to your thread. Cause i am killing it.

Ted

Post by Ted » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:44 pm

bazzoka wrote:
Ted wrote: Screenshot added to the first post in a spoiler.
Cool screenshot, i can use it as my wallpaper. Just only one problem it's not an actual screenshot but more like title of post.
I know. Garo told me not to include any actual content in the post; He'd like for people to download and try the mod out themselves.

What's the point of trying new food, after all, if someone's gonna tell you exactly how it tastes? Ruins the fun of exploring new tastes. Same goes for modding, I guess.

TerminusEst13
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by TerminusEst13 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:43 pm

Ted wrote:I know. Garo told me not to include any actual content in the post; He'd like for people to download and try the mod out themselves.

What's the point of trying new food, after all, if someone's gonna tell you exactly how it tastes? Ruins the fun of exploring new tastes. Same goes for modding, I guess.
That strikes me as defeating the purpose of advertising your mod in the first place.
If you're not really even willing to show me what the mod looks like, then I'm probably not going to be interested in even checking it out.
Last edited by TerminusEst13 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Ranger - New class for HeXen.
ZDoom Wars - I drew some pictures.
Samsara - Some class-based mod I guess?
Metroid: Dreadnought - I am a dumb fanboy.
DemonSteele - ~come with me to anime world~

mr fiat
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by mr fiat » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:30 pm

TerminusEst13 wrote:
Ted wrote:I know. Garo told me not to include any actual content in the post; He'd like for people to download and try the mod out themselves.

That strikes me as defeating the purpose of advertising your mod in the first place.
If you're not really even willing to show me what the mod looks like, then I'm probably not going to be interested in even checking it out.
this exactly, not DLing til i see proper screens.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:35 pm

TerminusEst13 wrote:

Also why doesn't Garo post it himself instead of having someone else do it for him ...
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Zap610

Post by Zap610 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:50 pm

mr fiat wrote:
TerminusEst13 wrote:

Probably wouldn't download it anyway but this makes me want to not download it even more.

Ted

Post by Ted » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:53 pm

Ænima wrote:
TerminusEst13 wrote:

Also why doesn't Garo post it himself instead of having someone else do it for him ...
I'm the FSR Webmaster, meaning I handle posts like this for the group. Please refrain from posting useless posts in this thread; They will be considered as spam if you continue, and reported as such.
mr fiat wrote:
TerminusEst13 wrote:

The author considers screenshots of the ingame to be spoilers; It's just a 32 mb download and it'd literally take you a few minutes to check it out yourself.
Zap610 wrote:
mr fiat wrote:
TerminusEst13 wrote:

Probably wouldn't download it anyway but this makes me want to not download it even more.
Sorry to hear you don't want to download it. I can't exactly force you to do something you don't want to do. But if you do want to see what the mod is about, the best way to do so is to actually get ingame and play it, not look at some obscure screenshots that may or may not fully represent the mod as a whole.

As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words, so I figure seeing it for yourself must be a million in the least.
Last edited by Ted on Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:00 pm

Ted wrote:I'm the FSR Webmaster, meaning I handle posts like this for the group. Please refrain from posting useless posts in this thread; They will be considered as spam if you continue, and reported as such.
Asking questions for clarification and information hardly counts as spam. Wondering why someone isn't posting about their own project is a perfectly normal question. :neutral:
Last edited by TerminusEst13 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Ranger - New class for HeXen.
ZDoom Wars - I drew some pictures.
Samsara - Some class-based mod I guess?
Metroid: Dreadnought - I am a dumb fanboy.
DemonSteele - ~come with me to anime world~

Ted

Post by Ted » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:01 pm

TerminusEst13 wrote:
Ted wrote:I'm the FSR Webmaster, meaning I handle posts like this for the group. Please refrain from posting useless posts in this thread; They will be considered as spam if you continue, and reported as such.
Asking questions for clarification and information hardly counts as spam. Wondering why someone isn't posting about their own project is a perfectly normal question. :neutral:
He asked why Garo didn't post it himself, which is completely off topic and unrelated to the mod itself.

mifu
Clan: Demon RiderZ

Post by mifu » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:20 pm

I am pretty sure there is meant to be some gameplay screenshots in here.. may want to provide them.

EDIT:
Ted wrote:
TerminusEst13 wrote:
He asked why Garo didn't post it himself, which is completely off topic and unrelated to the mod itself.
Ummmmm
OP wrote wrote:Authors:
Master Garo: Arrangement, Coding, Sound Artist, Sprite Artist, Lead Director.
I think this is a legit post, not spam... considering Master Garo is the apparent lead director. Just saying
Last edited by mifu on Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:21 pm

Don't worry guys I have done the honor and made screenshots of their work for them!
Spoiler: New Difficulty Levels! (Open)
Spoiler: Never Before Seen Effects! (Open)
Spoiler: Realistic Decals! (Open)
Spoiler: Massive and Innovative Arsenal! (Open)
Spoiler: Quake! (Open)
Spoiler: Love and Compassion (Open)

mifu
Clan: Demon RiderZ

Post by mifu » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:31 pm

Well that's embarrassing. Not only someone else had to take them, there seem to be alot of problems. The main problem is that RIP fest.

iSpooks

Post by iSpooks » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:32 pm

Gave this a quick play through last night, here is my thoughts on it:

<+iSpook> ... That's like brutal doom and fucking HD rolled into one fucking abomination of a mod.

The Toxic Avenger
Forum Staff
Clan: ???
Clan Tag: [???]

Post by The Toxic Avenger » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:44 pm

Whoa this is a pretty bad mess.

Ted: Stop the backseat modding/mod threats, and credit your stuff. I might end up dumping this over the ripped stuff, undecided atm.

Everyone else: calm your tits

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:59 pm

Must've took quite a long time to copy and paste all that code