I've been working on a WAD about rainbows and unicorns zombie revenants and pinkies. Or something like that.
"Survivalism" is my attempt to create a DayZ-like world in the Doom engine, where you're trying to scavenge items to survive in a wasteland. It features randomly spawning monsters and loot across the map, with a handful of weapons that you find to help you survive.
Check out the screenshots below or just jump onto a server to get better idea of it!
- Dynamic day/night cycle
- Construction - build Minecraft-style bases
- Chop down trees with an axe to get wood or mine rocks for stone
- Persistent Inventory (new with Zandronum 1.3) - Servers can save your stuff!
- Zombies attack your base!
- Dynamic monster spawner and loot
- Turnip farming
- Random hard bad guys that drop better guns :)
- Two maps: doomz1, doomz2
- Pinky creepers
Download: Download Survivalism r17test1 (January 1st, 2019) - doomz-r17test1.pk3
Or play now online on the server: Survivalism (DoomZ) r17test1 --> 126.96.36.199:10668
Spoiler: r13 changelog - Dec. 13th, 2014 (Open)How to save your inventory:
To save your inventory on the current official Survivalism server:
- Register an account here
- Launch Zandronum and select "Account" at the top. Enter your username and password, and hit "Login".
- Connect to the server: 188.8.131.52:10668 (or use Doomseeker and search for "Survivalism")
Spoiler: r10 Screenshots - August 28th 2014 update (Open)
Spoiler: Past Updates (Open)The maps are nowhere near being finished but I figure if it's not fun now, there's no point in making giant maps that nobody's going to play in.
The first 2 minutes is a good overview:
- Hit F1 for a quick guide.
- Don't let the pinkies get too close to you
- Wood/stone boxes can be reclaimed by attacking them with an axe.
- Respawns are allowed in singleplayer so don't worry if you die
Spoiler: Older Screenshots (Open)
Spoiler: Credits (Open)Any feedback and ideas are welcome!