Doom Fighters, Dead Mod Revival Edition PRO EX

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
roman6a

Doom Fighters, Dead Mod Revival Edition PRO EX

Post by roman6a » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:43 pm

DO YOU WANT TO BECOME THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER?
DO YOU WANT TO TEST YOUR AMAZING MELEE SKILLS WITH THE PEOPLE AROUND YOU?
WANT TO BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF THEM IN EPIC BATTLE RINGS OF PURE BADDASSERY?

then this mod might just be fit for you

Captj3 presents you:

THE DOOM FIGHTING MOD (or boxing mod whatever you want to call it)
where you beat the crap out of eachother for fun!

doomfightersalpha04.7.wad
doomfightersmapsv2.9.wad
doomfightersmusicv2.6.wad

"So i heard there was this doom mod where you punch the hell out of eachother for no reason"

-Yeah it's called doomfighters, we could have stickied with doom boxing mod for a name but it just sounded meh and it would make no sense to have a kickboxer on it.

"Oh, so that's the mod noone's been talking about. Now, what is it?"

-It's basically a brawling mod where you pick a class of your likings and then proceed to kick ass (or get your ass kicked) in boxing rings... Or other places where a fight might seem appropiate at the moment.

"Hmm, so there are diferent maps in the mod? I only saw one when i was in the server"

-Then you probably played the VERY old alpha?, the thing has been updated and it has quite the few maps now:
[spoiler]
Box01: Captj3's boxing gym
By Captj3, obviously.

Box02: Stadium
By Captj3

Box03: Bar fight!
By Captj3

Box04: Street fight
[no image avaible atm]
By NoirSuccubus/Zedek The Plague Doctor

Box05: Shift's air express
By Shift-

Box06: Techbase Boxing
By Abbuw

Box07: The Tomb of [censored]
By Captj3[/spoiler]

"Hey so uh, it seems the map roster is really low on quantity, do you mind if i make a map for it?"

-Not at all! Even Captj3 encourages YOU to make a map for it, and you don't need no cray-cray scriptings of ultraboring complexivity!
just make a 64x64** box with details and a theme around it, put some deathmatch spawns and it's suddently an official map on the server roster! as long as it doesn't break of course
(Just please, PLEASE dont go tormentor667 and add 600 sectors that make everyone lag to death just for detail.)

**please note that the 64x64 maps is a joke, do not send us a map THAT small, also you can make it large if you want (aka no need for enclosed boxing squares if you dont like 'em), but try and keep it simple so people don't get lost on it or camp in some unreachable corner or some shit.

"Huh that's really cool... Wait you said there are diferent classes? Are they diferent from eachother or are they all just diferent skins?"

-Yeah they fight quite diferently one from another, there are 4! classes to choose from right now but when capt stops being lazy he'll add more to it
[spoiler]
Regular fighter: these guys are strong, the train every day to be the very best but they lack the skills to learn special techniques of the dragon so they only punch their enemies... that doesn't mean they're useless! they're all around the basic class and the easiest to use
HP: 235
Offensive stance: Normal punch, Heavy jab
Defensive stance: Quick punch, Block (100%)
Speed: Normal

Kickboxer: so some guys said that punches were not enough, they decided that they would use their legs to hurt other people in the face (or nuts, ouch). after a while they seemed to walk alot faster than other people as well! so they could also dodge most attacks with a swift sidestep, for the exchange of having less endurance than the other fighters. fast and nimble a kickboxer is all about momentum, even if you kicks make you slow for a second you should always be moving to quickly swoop in for the heavy blow on the knee... HAHAHA that was not a reference to skyrim.
HP:200
Offensive stance: Flurry of Fists, Side Kick
Defensive stance: Heavy kick, Block (100%)
Speed: Fast

Street fighter: in the dark 'hood you gotta know how to punch hard and take a hit, these guys come from the bad side of town, where they reign as kings of the street. they to come to conquer the UAC boxing stations with their large and scultured bodies and their Punches of Death!™ you surely are to not mess with one of these guys, unless you want to be knocked down hard. street fighters are slow, but they have more health than the other fighters, and their attacks are pretty damn strong too! but don't be thinking of yourself a tank machine, or you will be layin' on the floor instead of the other guy...
HP:250
Offensive stance: Heavy punch, POD
Defensive stance: Super Heavy Punch, Block (150%)
Speed: Slow

(we have yet not worked out the -actual- damage values because it's all randomized, we'll be sure to update this with actual information when we're on a more estable point)
((I STILL HAVEN'T GOT INFO ON THE FUCKING NEW CLASS WTF CAPT HELP))[/spoiler]

"Man that sounds awesome... But uh, does this work only for duel? Ive only seen the server go with duels of 1 frag limit and stuff, and to be honest that sounds boring..."

-We just changed how things work around and you can even have Deathmatches now! Or LMS free-for-all matches where everything becomes an intense brawling fights where only one guy emerges victorious!, even TLMS if you want red vs blue kicking eachother in the butt to see who's the better fighter club!, just make sure that this aint set with CTF... that would be retarded....

"Oh man, i want to play this right now... where can i go to become a family man?"

-On the best-ever server i made! (Hopefully it's still up by now on some random port i'm too lazy to look on for right now) Can you come in and play? It's getting quite lonely here ;_;

Or you could make your own server! If you'd like

Code: Select all

//--server settings--
Sv_defaultdmflags 0
Dmflags 1610612864
dmflags2 335545344
dmflags3 0
compatflags 33554432
compatflags2 2

skill 3
addmap box01
addmap box02
addmap box03
addmap box04
addmap box05
addmap box06
addmap box07
addmap box08
addmap box09
addmap box10
addmap box11
addmap box12
addmap box13
addmap box14
addmap box15

fraglimit 1
yo dawg so i heard you liked to read credits...
[spoiler]nothing here yet, we'll add the actual credits when captj3 decides to talk to me about some stuffs, or when i decide to stop beign an lazy ass and ask him about stuffs[/spoiler]
and then let's talk about some people who helped too! why not they are cool guys after all... right?
[spoiler]People who helped out:
1.Ænima (co-author, voice acting, coding & other stuffs)
2.Sergeant_Mark_4 (DIN'T DO NUTHIN' LOL WE'RE JUST POKING FUN)
3.Zedek The Plague Doctor (fist sprites for the regular fighter, and OMFG A MAP)
4.Abbuw (maps)
5.RoSking (maps, coding help)
6.Dragonfly (OMG NEW IMAGE and some maps i gues)[/spoiler]

etc etc

also uh... JOIN US AT #BOXING OR #CHAOSCORE !(on the zandronum irc, if that's not explicit enough) it's quite the... kinda lonely channel... but you can join us to suggest stuff! or ask about anything that isn't covered in this post.
Last edited by roman6a on Mon May 12, 2014 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

darkstar64
Forum Regular

RE: Doom Fighters, the doom boxing mod that din't had a forum post... UNTIL NOW!

Post by darkstar64 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:12 pm

Interesting! If I ever find this online, I'll be sure to give it a try!
Hypnotoad wrote:
That's a pony? I pegged him for some kind of skunk furry.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

RE: Doom Fighters, the doom boxing mod

Post by Ænima » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:05 pm

Remember to credit me! I did most of the ACS, a good chunk of decorate, and ALL of the voice acting. (All of the crowd voices are me.)

EDIT:
Oops, I missed the second spoiler. Yeah in addition to being co-author, just put "voice acting" too, i guess.
Last edited by Ænima on Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Medicris
Forum Regular

Post by Medicris » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:42 am

Played this lots

It's fuggin fun

CyborG

Post by CyborG » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:54 am

Good mod1 i like it alrady

Lollipop
Zandrone

Post by Lollipop » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:43 pm

I was blown away by this mod, I have played it for about 2 hours just dukin it out with scythe (the bot lawl), and I must admit it is pretty hard to fight with a bot, I even had to turn down my mouse sensitivity to get some decent hits on him!
I recommend anyone to play this, and I also recommend a zanstuff review, I might even write it myself if noone think it deserves a review. (the reason I avoid doind it is because I'm very bad at this kind of things)

Things I have seen to far that could use a fix:
BOX01:
You can jump out of the arena (pretty cool fights outside the arena BTW)

BOX03:
If you are a spectator and look from above you will see a flying wooden texture over the ring sector blocking a lot of the view.

Suggestions:
Some maps having >1% chance of having a random event that chance the arena. (the bar would maybe remove the fence so you would have a load of bottles to duke it out with).
A map where you are in hell with a load of doom monsters as crowd.
I would love if there was a way to be a spectator in-game, and being able to taunt and shit :D (I know, not likely)

EDIT:
Also try and look at the automap, it got a bug.
Last edited by Lollipop on Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler: Modding Qualifications (Open)
ACS: If it's of ridiculous scope and of suicide-inducing complexity then it's the thing for me.
DECORATE: I can make more or less any godawful hack I need. Doesn't mean it works, though.
Maps: I only map for testing ACS.
GFX: Not enough time or experience.

If you need help, advice or similar, feel free to send me a PM. ;)
Spoiler: My Current Projects (Open)
> ZMemory
> Various undeveloped ideas. (This one is an immutable fact)
Combinebobnt wrote:i can see the forum league is taking off much better than the ctf ones
GalactusToday at 1:07 PM
are you getting uncomfortable jap
feeling something happen down there

Capt.J3

Post by Capt.J3 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:01 am

Thanks for your feedback, guys!

Geonightman
Registered just to make one post

Post by Geonightman » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:01 pm

Hi guys, I'm Geo. Modder, Mapper, and all around awesome dude. I heard about your mod from a friend and he mentioned since you guys are early alpha you may have some open slots. I am fluent in DECORATE, minimal ACS, great in Mapping, and great at QC (Quality Control). I excel in QC such as lining up and organizing frames for weapons and such. If you have any openings you need filled just simply get in touch with me either by Steam, Skype, IRC, or here. (All usernames are Geonightman)

katZune
Forum Regular

Post by katZune » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:59 pm

where is one_two in this thread?

on topic: its pretty good! shit, keep it working
Whitout a good PC ATM, i will back when 2.0 come out, :)
Spoiler: The True (Open)
Ijon Tichy wrote:
Catastrophe wrote: Banned on grandvoid for trolling Zombie Horde and all out war (blocking, destroying my own base, etc)
Kicked from El Zoido's all out war for nuking our teams base
Kicked again from el Zoido's server for fucking up the warfactory so bad that mechs couldn't spawn anymore
I see no offenses here

only justice

mifu
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: Demon RiderZ

Post by mifu » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:51 am

UAC Fight Club?

Anyways this looks cool, will try when I get back home.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:59 am

mifu wrote: UAC Fight Club?
That's actually the name that I originally wanted to give it, but I suppose it's Doom Fighters now. :p

ZandroSkins

Medicris
Forum Regular

Post by Medicris » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:47 am

So I only have a few suggestions I've mentioned before but I'll write them down here for permanence:

1. Instead of guarding as a hard time-limit, have blocked hits reduce your block bar and shave HP/stamina. The lower the block bar is, the weaker your guard and the less moe HP will be chipped off, meaning sitting and camping with guard can be countered by flurrying instead of "lol I'm invincible and you can't do shit about it".

2. Have the street fighter's attacks have less start-up lag and move that vulnerability window to after his attacks. The counter to a "brute" character should be a counterpunching method IMO, and it kind of doesn't work out that way when it's more like "I'm gonna hit ya! Gimme a sec charging up, whoa gee get ready here it comes!"

I had more but I want my tea, I'll come back to this later
Last edited by Medicris on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Capt.J3

Post by Capt.J3 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:17 pm

Hello, Update! \o/

Also,Thanks for the past comments!

Mr.Man
Forum Regular

Post by Mr.Man » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:50 pm

Awesome to see this not being dropped already. Isn't this hosted on grandvoid? weird.

Capt.J3

Post by Capt.J3 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:14 pm

Thanks, and yeah, this isn't dropped; I put this project on hold a few months back, so I can focus on school. However, this isn't the case now because I am in a small vocation! :P

Well, it was, but I will need to ask for it to be hosted again.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:31 pm

I'm considering making some simple chain combos to make punching less boring. Punching should probably be sped up a little too.

Might take the reverb out of the cheer clips too, that way you guys can put custom reverb things on your maps and the cheers will sound like they're actually coming from the map NPC's. :o

ZandroSkins

Capt.J3

Post by Capt.J3 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:42 pm

An update has been released! It's time to beat the shit out of each-other for no real reason! LET THERE BE BLOOD!1!!1!2one :D

http://static.[bad site]/wads/doomfi ... ha04.6.wad
http://static.[bad site]/wads/doomfi ... psv2.6.wad

I am calling out to the mappers of this community to help create some simple maps for this, which would be nice.

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:08 pm

I might have a go at making an irl boxing venue like york hall or the MGM.

Capt.J3

Post by Capt.J3 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:29 pm

one_Two wrote: I might have a go at making an irl boxing venue like york hall or the MGM.
Hehe, I'll like to see that from you! :P
Also, I would like to know if anyone have an idea for a new fighter class?
Last edited by Capt.J3 on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AfroDynomite
New User

Post by AfroDynomite » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:13 am

http://static.[bad site]/wads/volcanicshowdown.wad Here is my submission. It is saved as BOX01. Hope it works fine.