The 'sSs'

The clan graveyard
Ermac

The 'sSs'

Post by Ermac » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:49 pm

Clan's founded around January 2012 by TeaTime and Terrorist with the main subject of the All Out War 2 mod. It went through many swift changes since it's inception. What it's acronym stands for still remained unclear. Possibilities are many. Name it "Sea Sex and Sun". That's one of it's unique traits.

Presently, clan has reached the competitive side of Doom and has in addition more games for leisure. It's a clan of close bonded kindly members, who recognise the one's values. A clan which doesn't gather ones who play Doom yet brings them together for the higher good.

The main principles
Devotion - loyalty and commitment towards others;
Amiability within the clan and then outside the clan;
Quality of the individual over the qualities in the game.

Clan Founders:
Teatime, Terrorist

Presently Active Leaders:
Blitzkrieg, Ermac

Presently Active Members:
Mikachu
Truth

Inactive Members:
Bathory
Rayden
Ruffian
Steve (SID914)
TeaTime (long long time since we last spoken)
Terrorist
Yellowtail

Former Members:
Cerberus
Devon
DooMXTerminator
Dranzer
Dr. Whooves (Blackbird, Wolf Waffen)
Isabel
Lancer
Lust (Carlota)
Lt. Fiend
Voodoo
Zajaquiel

Recruitment: Address the leaders on Teamspeak.

Zandronum IRC channel: #sSs
Forum: http://sssclan.forumer.com

Teamspeak 3 servers:
- Armada - allfearthesentinel.net - by DevilHunter
- Sixteenth Thunderstorm - games.floorchan.org - by Camo Yoshi
(primary place where we're gathering and if it's down then we go to Armada; server has lot of rooms dedicated to games we're playing specifically)

The main post will be periodically updated.
Last edited by Ermac on Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'sSs' Ermac ~ "Wasteland is harsh" (FOnline2 quote)

Hypnotoad
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

RE: The 'sSs'

Post by Hypnotoad » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:06 am

<AceOfSpades> The main principles are devotion
<AceOfSpades> Clan Founders:
<AceOfSpades> Terrorist, Teatime (both not presently active)
<AceOfSpades> lol.

Impact
Forum Regular

Post by Impact » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:13 am

Hypnotoad wrote: <AceOfSpades> The main principles are devotion
<AceOfSpades> lol.
pfffff

"u r kiked from sss 4 trollin on a servr. gtfo" - One of the leaders, 2012

Where am I on your former members list I was like star player until I made that aow video with Synert
[spoiler]<N>Devon - <N>Impact - Dr Fetus[/spoiler]

John Zombie
Forum Regular

Post by John Zombie » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:36 am

Impact wrote: sort of making a mountain out of a molehill here guys, just drop the pathetic personal grudges and let the clan take its course
you have no problems telling people to back off your buddy for "pointless grudges"(which weren't grudges anyway but rather stating obvious hypocricy from his part), yet when it comes to trolling AOW clans, grudges don't matter anymore.
yeaaaaaaah. talk about coherence :rolleyes:
Last edited by John Zombie on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[quote=mr. Coherence]
Logging started at Sat Dec 28 00:47:52 2013
00:47:52 <capodecima> http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.p ... 8#pid55238
00:48:10 <capodecima> can you post something here ?
00:48:29 <capodecima> decay just crap talk about me all time when beat me and after avoid my challenge lol
[/quote]

Lollipop
Zandrone

Post by Lollipop » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:53 pm

I have always both liked SSS for their skill and their devotion to the matches, seeing this die would be horrible, even if you CTF and DUEL fans who think that mods are worthless think otherwise.
Good luck with holding this alive Ermac.
What are the rules for entering the clan though? Multiclanning allowed (I think of non-competition sideclans)? Any tests? Any minimum activity musts (IKR guys)? anything else important to note?
Spoiler: Modding Qualifications (Open)
ACS: If it's of ridiculous scope and of suicide-inducing complexity then it's the thing for me.
DECORATE: I can make more or less any godawful hack I need. Doesn't mean it works, though.
Maps: I only map for testing ACS.
GFX: Not enough time or experience.

If you need help, advice or similar, feel free to send me a PM. ;)
Spoiler: My Current Projects (Open)
> ZMemory
> Various undeveloped ideas. (This one is an immutable fact)
Combinebobnt wrote:i can see the forum league is taking off much better than the ctf ones
GalactusToday at 1:07 PM
are you getting uncomfortable jap
feeling something happen down there

Impact
Forum Regular

Post by Impact » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:45 pm

John Zombie wrote:
Impact wrote: sort of making a mountain out of a molehill here guys, just drop the pathetic personal grudges and let the clan take its course
you have no problems telling people to back off your buddy for "pointless grudges"(which weren't grudges anyway but rather stating obvious hypocricy from his part), yet when it comes to trolling AOW clans, grudges don't matter anymore.
yeaaaaaaah. talk about coherence :rolleyes:
I was just bringing up a funny moment in the past, only a prompted memory from seeing the thread. No grudges held against anyone here, just a lot of sarcasm.
[spoiler]<N>Devon - <N>Impact - Dr Fetus[/spoiler]

Shane
Forum Regular
Clan: Renegades
Clan Tag: [R]

Post by Shane » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:52 pm

I'm sorry, but what are the point of mod clans

I mean there isn't exactly competition inside a mod, it's just a bunch of random players randomly killing eachother for some random goal. The inclusion of clans just baffles me as I wonder what are you guys doing in the clan that you couldn't do outside of it?

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:44 pm

Shane wrote: I'm sorry, but what are the point of mod clans

I mean there isn't exactly competition inside a mod, it's just a bunch of random players randomly killing eachother for some random goal. The inclusion of clans just baffles me as I wonder what are you guys doing in the clan that you couldn't do outside of it?
^ This.

Has there ever been a scrim between AOW clans? Like, a serious one?

The only thing more pointless than AOW clans is ZH clans. Seriously, how do you go about setting up a scrim in a non-team gamemode?
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:52 pm

Ænima wrote:

^ This.

The only thing more pointless than AOW clans is ZH clans. Seriously, how do you go about setting up a scrim in a non-team gamemode?
I think there has been an AoW scrim a really long time ago. Too bad it never took off, personally I think AoW scrims would be pretty fun considering how tactical it can get when everyone is actually working together.

mifu
Clan: Demon RiderZ

Post by mifu » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:56 pm

Catastrophe wrote:
Ænima wrote:

^ This.

I think there has been an AoW scrim a really long time ago. Too bad it never took off, personally I think AoW scrims would be pretty fun considering how tactical it can get when everyone is actually working together.
I have seen one, really interesting to watch mind you as stated. Anyways AOW has a PvP aspect to it (and teams), so therefore it can have competition.. Just there is a lack of clans playing it.

Of course if SSS ventures into CTF, that would be sweet too. :)

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:00 pm

I think I remember seeing one a loooong time ago, yes.

But in the last 2 years, have any of the AOW "clans" like DL, SSS, FR, or MAC ever played each other? Or do they just exist?
Last edited by Ænima on Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:14 pm

Nope, it's a shame. I wish they'd play each other, it'd be very interesting to watch.

Ermac

Post by Ermac » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:20 pm

Lollipop wrote: Good luck with holding this alive Ermac.
What are the rules for entering the clan though? Multiclanning allowed (I think of non-competition sideclans)? Any tests? Any minimum activity musts (IKR guys)? anything else important to note?
Thanks; Multiclanning isn't permitted in the common sense. If you are part of some group, political party, you have common views, beliefs and goals which are part of it. If you are devoted for some other clan you can't be devoted to the 'sSs'. Or you can but that's extremely fake to the both of the clans. You are not in the clan for it's sake, you are following it's own goals and you ready to provide something for it - the devotion principle. Being in another clan as well - Well what are you trying to prove then ?
I hope it makes sense.

Rules/Tests -> we will do an interview on the Teamspeak, hopefully there and if not then IRC. And Duel benchmark test. But most importantly is that you are not some kind of individual detrimental to the clan.

AOW has some kind of "name it competition" but not even close to the CTF, there I must concur. I am aware of that downside (not being able to build itself up outside) and I am trying to change it. I wasn't initially aware of it.
Well I don't see "us" as a bunch of players who gather to kill the other players under a tag for the random goal, there's an inner awareness to it.
Ænima wrote: I think I remember seeing one a loooong time ago, yes.

But in the last 2 years, have any of the AOW "clans" like DL, SSS, FR, or MAC ever played each other? Or do they just exist?
As a matter of fact, we did scrim AS http://theallstarsclan.forumotion.com/t6-1-as-vs-sss
and there's another (not documented) played against KKND that lasted 2 hours and cuz it was night time for the KKND they started falling a part .. having backup players should be mandatory before venturing into the 2 hours of prolonged insanity.

/***Update***/
Impact wrote:
Hypnotoad wrote: <AceOfSpades> The main principles are devotion
<AceOfSpades> lol.
pfffff

"u r kiked from sss 4 trollin on a servr. gtfo" - One of the leaders, 2012

Where am I on your former members list I was like star player until I made that aow video with Synert
I am Sorry Devon; First post Updated.
Last edited by Ermac on Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lollipop
Zandrone

Post by Lollipop » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:52 pm

Your post make perfect sense, though I am not sure you know exactly what kind of "sideclan" I was talking about.
HG is a sideclan in the idea of not being a millitary force in any way or any meaning, it is only a sign of approval by people who do not like assholes (basically, but more to it than that really)
Lets say someone was both in SSS and HG, they wouldn't be contradicting in any way, as the clans do not smash into each other in a scrim, becuase those scrims do not exist, see?
I dunno what you mean someone want to prove? That they kick ass?
Spoiler: Modding Qualifications (Open)
ACS: If it's of ridiculous scope and of suicide-inducing complexity then it's the thing for me.
DECORATE: I can make more or less any godawful hack I need. Doesn't mean it works, though.
Maps: I only map for testing ACS.
GFX: Not enough time or experience.

If you need help, advice or similar, feel free to send me a PM. ;)
Spoiler: My Current Projects (Open)
> ZMemory
> Various undeveloped ideas. (This one is an immutable fact)
Combinebobnt wrote:i can see the forum league is taking off much better than the ctf ones
GalactusToday at 1:07 PM
are you getting uncomfortable jap
feeling something happen down there

Blitzkrieg
Banned
Clan: Video Game Legends
Clan Tag: [VGL]
Banned: Permanently

Post by Blitzkrieg » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:46 pm

Once upon a time we tried to get AOW scrims going and even invited some comparable clans to do some clanwar things such as TDM or duel leagues or even CTF. We've done a few in house scrims when we had people on in both AOW and CTF. I really hope we can achieve a threshold of activity again because you bet I'll motivate some people to play CTF. We just have a shit ton of work to do.
Spoiler: A bold declaration (Open)
Click each image for the associated demo.

Konar6

Post by Konar6 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:26 pm

It would be great if you managed to find clans willing to play clan wars on combined game modes (AOW, TDM, CTF, ST, duels...). Used to be common, but it's all CTF only now :(
Ijon Tichy wrote:I like how your first responses to concerns being raised was to start insulting people, accusing random people on the Internet of being Shadowfox, and digging up irrelevant shit from the past. It really inspires confidence in me that you guys are level-headed and rational folks.

<BlueCool> you guys IQ is the same as my IP, Dynamic

Blitzkrieg
Banned
Clan: Video Game Legends
Clan Tag: [VGL]

Post by Blitzkrieg » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:03 pm

*Update*

A lot of our old roster and guys are coming back. We might just be able to pull off a full clan revival if this keeps up.

For now, it looks like Armada is the place to be. We're all usually on there.
Spoiler: A bold declaration (Open)
Click each image for the associated demo.

Ermac

Post by Ermac » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:09 pm

I need to admit it was quite a good clan with a quite good fellas which most of them (those the most precious important ones) gathering on games.floorchan.org (TS3 server - Sixteenth Thunderstorm) runned by Blitzkrieg aka @JSomnia who is now promoted as a super admin of both Armada "allfeathesentintel.net" and so called the Sixteenth Thunderstorm. Clan changed through many players and underwent many changes. I say many. But good old fellas are back. Come visit us on games.floorchan.org. Many games, jokes to crack and everything to fulfill your leisure. Everything you will ever need. Become part of us. Sixteenth Thunderstorm. Ye.

'sSs' is history now. Forget the main page. Sad but just the same I don't care. Little community has been revived in our TS3 server. That's what matters. Indeed.
Last edited by Ermac on Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mobius
Banned
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ

Re: The 'sSs'

Post by Mobius » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:16 am

When will this topic be moved to the appropriate place
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

jdagenet
Forum Regular
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: A3

Re: The 'sSs'

Post by jdagenet » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:17 am

Mobius wrote:When will this topic be moved to the appropriate place
Tea Time is over for Tea...