[SOLVED]Banned from all Grandvoid server clusters and have no idea why

Resolved Issues and Help get archived here for reference.
Flynn_Taggart95

[SOLVED]Banned from all Grandvoid server clusters and have no idea why

Post by Flynn_Taggart95 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:02 am

Hello, everyone. Recently I have been banned from all Grandvoid server clusters on Zandronum and I have no idea why I was banned. Yesterday I joined in with a couple players on a UK Grandvoid survival server with ZPack and everything was normal. Me and the other couple of people in the server barely talked and everything went on as usual (killing demons and such). Out of the blue I was kicked out with a rather vague message IMO. I initially thought it was a mistake or something along those lines because I didn't do anything IIRC. I tried to join a Grandvoid Cooperative server today with Invasion UAC and another with Who Dun It and got the same message. This really bums me out as I frequent Grandvoid servers plenty and I would hope someone could give me a clearer explanation on this.

Here are some screenshots of the ban message in the Grandvoid servers.

When I got initially banned on ZPack (you can really see the chattiness in the console here):
http://i.imgur.com/4TKg0WN.png

Invasion UAC and Who Dun It servers:
http://i.imgur.com/c4BgPWd.png
http://i.imgur.com/de99pBE.jpg
Last edited by Flynn_Taggart95 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

katZune
Forum Regular

RE: Banned from all Grandvoid server clusters and have no idea why

Post by katZune » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:13 am

talk with administrators (konar) via IRC or join in #grandvoid
Whitout a good PC ATM, i will back when 2.0 come out, :)
Spoiler: The True (Open)
Ijon Tichy wrote:
Catastrophe wrote: Banned on grandvoid for trolling Zombie Horde and all out war (blocking, destroying my own base, etc)
Kicked from El Zoido's all out war for nuking our teams base
Kicked again from el Zoido's server for fucking up the warfactory so bad that mechs couldn't spawn anymore
I see no offenses here

only justice

Qent
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Qent » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:24 am

It's not a range ban. You will need to talk to the person who banned you in #grandvoid when he's available. I will tell him to write more descriptive ban reasons. >.>

Razgriz
Forum Staff

Post by Razgriz » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:37 am

Judging from the screenshots, it looks like Mazter did it based off of the initials.
Last edited by Razgriz on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
<PUN1SH3R> Cube has a magnetic effect
<PUN1SH3R> all other clans are in orbit with us, they just dont know it
<PUN1SH3R> occasionally cube will pull a player into it's system
[Quote=DwangoUnited Website] Eyes has tainted the DWANGO name in World of Warcraft. Eyes owes several thousand gold to friends that offered to loan it to him. He's since cut us off completely, and is not planning on gaming or paying back what he owes leaving DWANGO United with the debt. You have hurt us in more ways than you can know, pal. I hope you're happy that we've bent over backwards for you. Thanks for paying us back with a spit in the face and a cold shoulder. By the way pal, your bfg skills suck ass.[/quote]
09:08 <Shane_> It's better being a cuck
09:08 <Shane_> Trust me, you'll learn one day

Flynn_Taggart95

Post by Flynn_Taggart95 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:46 am

katZune wrote: talk with administrators (konar) via IRC or join in #grandvoid
I guess I'll have to do this when I get the chance. Thanks for telling me.
Qent wrote: It's not a range ban. You will need to talk to the person who banned you in #grandvoid when he's available. I will tell him to write more descriptive ban reasons. >.>
Ah. Ok then.
Razgriz wrote: Judging from the screenshots, it looks like Mazter did it based off of the initials.
I don't quite understand what you're saying if you care to elaborate.

Razgriz
Forum Staff

Post by Razgriz » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:22 am

After it says 9 weeks, there's the string of letters --MQ-AE, which I interpreted as MazterQyou-AE (a variation of his name), so I guessed it was him that banned you. It's still a good idea to talk to Konar about it.
Last edited by Razgriz on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
<PUN1SH3R> Cube has a magnetic effect
<PUN1SH3R> all other clans are in orbit with us, they just dont know it
<PUN1SH3R> occasionally cube will pull a player into it's system
[Quote=DwangoUnited Website] Eyes has tainted the DWANGO name in World of Warcraft. Eyes owes several thousand gold to friends that offered to loan it to him. He's since cut us off completely, and is not planning on gaming or paying back what he owes leaving DWANGO United with the debt. You have hurt us in more ways than you can know, pal. I hope you're happy that we've bent over backwards for you. Thanks for paying us back with a spit in the face and a cold shoulder. By the way pal, your bfg skills suck ass.[/quote]
09:08 <Shane_> It's better being a cuck
09:08 <Shane_> Trust me, you'll learn one day

MazterQyoun-ae

Post by MazterQyoun-ae » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:19 am

Hello there!
The reason for your ban is right here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/96347329/ban.png (everything except second line)
Why didn't I re-write it? Because if it's too long, it will just crash the server, + I rely on people who ban evade not being dumb about asking why they were banned.
Sadly, your IRC stuff you sent to me is gone. But I talked about it to Dynamo, so he still might have the logs.
Pretty self-explainable.
HI

Flynn_Taggart95

Post by Flynn_Taggart95 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:59 pm

Mazter[Qyoun-ae] wrote: Hello there!
The reason for your ban is right here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/96347329/ban.png (everything except second line)
Why didn't I re-write it? Because if it's too long, it will just crash the server, + I rely on people who ban evade not being dumb about asking why they were banned.
Sadly, your IRC stuff you sent to me is gone. But I talked about it to Dynamo, so he still might have the logs.
Pretty self-explainable.
Woah, wait a minute! Ban evading, trolling, disrespecting administration, and mute evasion? I've never been banned or muted before in my 5 years of skulltag/zandronum (maybe just kicked, but not banned), so I don't know how I could've been evading. And I never desrespect anyone, be it admin or player AFAIK. I don't usually even talk on servers unless someone engages me in conversation or if I'm online with friends. I don't know who you may have me mixed up with but I have never did anything along those lines. IMO I think you may need to double check something 'cause I'm not your guy.

P.S. Sorry if I sounded a bit spiteful but I think this is a bit over-the-top.
Last edited by Flynn_Taggart95 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Qent

Post by Qent » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:43 pm

Sorry, obviously he thought you were someone else. You are unbanned now.

Flynn_Taggart95

Post by Flynn_Taggart95 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:48 pm

Qent wrote: Sorry, obviously he thought you were someone else. You are unbanned now.
Thank you. Very much appreciated. I'm glad we sorted this out in an orderly manner. No hard feelings. :smile:

MazterQyoun-ae

Post by MazterQyoun-ae » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:14 pm

Thanks to Qent, it's been found out that it really was a mistake from my side. Sorry for that! Now I see that you don't look like that guy who was banned.
However, you may ask, why were you mixed up with someone else then? That guy was using name luigi, in the same green color as you did. Even though it's not original name, I'd recommend you to report it as an impersonation once you see him somewhere again. Since he also harassed me on IRC after he got the ban and said that he doesn't care if someone bans him and he will evade, I just banned you going off from the same nick thinking it's a proxy, not bothering checking anything. Again, I'm really sorry that you got banned because of some troll and my mistake! Here, have some cookies!
Last edited by MazterQyoun-ae on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HI

Titan68221
New User

RE: [SOLVED]Banned from all Grandvoid server clusters and have no idea why

Post by Titan68221 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:31 pm

Excuse me, but iv also apparently been banned from the Grandvoid servers.
It just says i was banned for anonymous proxy... I haveny done anything wrong though.
Last edited by Titan68221 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Konar6

Post by Konar6 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:39 pm

Titan68221: If you have some anonymizing service running when trying to join, turn it off.
If you believe it is a mistake, contact me on IRC and we'll see what the problem is.
Ijon Tichy wrote:I like how your first responses to concerns being raised was to start insulting people, accusing random people on the Internet of being Shadowfox, and digging up irrelevant shit from the past. It really inspires confidence in me that you guys are level-headed and rational folks.

<BlueCool> you guys IQ is the same as my IP, Dynamic

UnTrustable
Forum Regular

Post by UnTrustable » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:25 pm

A friend of mine named TerrorDutch ingame, has been banned from the Grandvoid servers, a while ago.
He believes he got been kicked for telling the other players where the Zombie was hiding while he was spectating, and was waiting till the game resetted.
TerrorDutch got banned somewhere in end august 2013, and he doesnt mind much if he gets banned forever.
I however finds a 2 or 3 weeks ban for telling in chat where the zombie is hiding, far too long.
I even get angry for such LONG bans for such little harm.
Sure he was spoiling the game by telling where the zombie was hiding, but is it worth a 2 or 3 weeks ban?
He has no Irc, nor do i, so no irc contact possibility.
All he knows it was 2 or 3 weeks ago on a server FR Grandvoid -> Zombie HORDE.
What the dude's Ip adress is, i dont know.
He won't ask to be unbanned, i however find the ban-time WAY TO MUCH.
A half a hour was long enough for the thing he did.
With these ban-time you make the community smaller and smaller.
Please unban TerrorDutch.
He certainly got the message all along by now.

Sorry for the bump. there is no other way for me to ask for terrorDutch, but to post here.
You're correct, I have no email, and no irc....
Last edited by UnTrustable on Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

someoneelse
Forum Regular

Post by someoneelse » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:01 pm

UnTrustable wrote: He has no Irc, nor do i, so no irc contact possibility.
wait what
You know ALL online game launchers HAVE IRC client?
Also, you can have IRC even on an ancient cell phone, buh, I am sure I'd could use IRC on a everything that has circuits and an internet connection. Not even reminding you if you have a browser, you can use IRC as well using Mibbit. I mean, really.
Do you even care.
(Making e-mail address takes 3 minutes on some websites, and I... I mean... How have you even registered on those forums? How do you use like... Anything?)
Last edited by someoneelse on Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shared keys will now be in Zandro! Thanks devs for their work, and users for the support!
<AlienOverlord> Do you have any friends at all
<AlienOverlord> You play Doom

Cruduxy
Zandrone

Post by Cruduxy » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:33 pm

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Nothing to see here
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

UnTrustable
Forum Regular

Post by UnTrustable » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:43 am

K, thanks, i'll look there later. Right now i have the dude in my house and he doesnt like to play Zandronum right now. :wink:

My new internet subscription has changed my logins, so right now i dont have any acces to any of my emails, and im lazy as hell to solve it...
So part its my fault, and part is my providers fault.
They promised me nothing of my passwords will change... and it DID changed, so no email acces right now.

someoneelse
Forum Regular

Post by someoneelse » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:03 pm

Your password don't change (at least mail passwords) when your provider changes. Unless you had mail on your provider's server, which is rare nowadays, but can still happen.
I mean, if you feel like you are kind of... not very Internet-savvy you can use link Cruduxy Pegg sent you, type "/query someoneelse HI" when you're inside and I maybe will be able to help (if you need it of course, lol)
Shared keys will now be in Zandro! Thanks devs for their work, and users for the support!
<AlienOverlord> Do you have any friends at all
<AlienOverlord> You play Doom

UnTrustable
Forum Regular

Post by UnTrustable » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:36 am

Nah, apparently it DID changed. Subscription changed, modem changed, same company,
and the installer told me no password will change, but it DID.
Last edited by UnTrustable on Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.