Off-topic chat. Real talk.
Medicris
Forum Regular

RE: Your age

Post by Medicris » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:16 pm

Tux wrote: Medicris: look at second post in teh thread
also I am 10 and what is this
Oh man I'm good at forums
Last edited by Medicris on Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

underbound

Post by underbound » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:31 am

Im 15. I found doom actually 9 months ago in november.I played fps all the time but necer heard of doom,until I started modding my psp. I had saw it when I was looking for a homebrew,I had played it and beat it(or so I thought) as it was shareware(actually I had wolfenstein,doom,and quake sharewares on psp first). Then I got the iwads and played those. Then stumbled across zandronum while looking for better ports on my psp,so I got and its the best game ever to be created. So thanks to my psp.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:47 pm

Medicris wrote:
Watch him brag about this for an eternity...
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Medicris
Forum Regular

Post by Medicris » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:15 am

Ivan wrote:
Medicris wrote:
Watch him brag about this for an eternity...
I ever tell you about how good I am at forums?

Danzoa
Banned
Banned: Permanently

Post by Danzoa » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:35 am

18, first game ever was PSX doom on the ps1 when i was 4, my dad was playing it and let me play too but told me not to tell my mom, 6 years after that i found Skulltag in '05, no one really believed me being 10 back then.

darkstar64
Forum Regular

Post by darkstar64 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:40 am

19. Dad had me playing Doom 2 on his lap when I was 3. When I was 11 and wanted to play a coop game when my Dad couldn't, I looked up "Online Doom" and I found Skulltag. For the first time in my life I was introduced to game modifications, and I'm glad it was with Doom. Great memories playing Scythe 2, Alien Vendetta, and Dietest.
Hypnotoad wrote:
That's a pony? I pegged him for some kind of skunk furry.

-Jes-
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by -Jes- » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:48 am

You know, I honestly expected doomers, as being a group of people centered around a game that's nearly 20 years old, would average somewhere around the early 20s..
Guess I was wrong. Otoh, it does explain the forum density of vocal furries/bronies/touhou fanatics/etc.

Yeah, I'm 27.
Last edited by -Jes- on Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

BloodyAcid
Forum Regular

Post by BloodyAcid » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:26 am

You'd think by trawling through the same ol' same ol' arguments, your expectations about Zandodo's general age to be decently below the legal drinking age.

-Jes-
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by -Jes- » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:12 am

BloodyAcid wrote: You'd think by trawling through the same ol' same ol' arguments, your expectations about Zandodo's general age to be decently below the legal drinking age.
Not really, no.

You see, adulthood doesn't cure idiocy at all.

SkullMan
New User

Post by SkullMan » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:54 am

Started when I was 10 after seeing some guy on youtube do a let's play of Ultimate. I asked him what the port was and he replied "something called zdoom." Aaaand it was all downhill from there :biggrin: . I'm currently 16.

*ProjectAngel*
New User

Post by *ProjectAngel* » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:38 am

Started Doom when I was 6. Fell off it for a good while until I was 20, when a friend showed me the Doom Legacy port. I then discovered ZDaemon, ZDoom and Skulltag.

I'm currently 25.

Obsidian

Post by Obsidian » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:01 am

Currently 19 years young, played Doom II for the first time when I was about 7 or 8: got pwned on ITYTD. Heh, guess I'm not "UV since birth"!

BloodyAcid
Forum Regular

Post by BloodyAcid » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:19 pm

-Jes- wrote:
BloodyAcid wrote: You'd think by trawling through the same ol' same ol' arguments, your expectations about Zandodo's general age to be decently below the legal drinking age.
Not really, no.

You see, adulthood doesn't cure idiocy at all.
Ah, my mistake there. I've once again underestimated the powers of human idiocy.

Epic_Tom
Registered just to make one post

Post by Epic_Tom » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:55 am

I first played doom on a demo computer at Walmart when I was probably around 6 years old. I'll be 26 in December :).

TheMightyHeracross
Forum Regular

Post by TheMightyHeracross » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:22 pm

13 year old Doomer here.
I once was just another kid playing COD and Halo, getting so excited when Black Ops came out, blah, blah, blah.
(But I really sucked)
Once when I was 9, I was looking through my Xbox friend's games and I saw one of my friends had this game that seemed weird from the name. The game was Doom2, of course. I got the Xbox demo (which only had MAP01 and the first level of No Rest for the Living), and tried it out. I noticed the pixel-graphics right away, and thought it was weird for a shooter game, but being a fan of the old Mario games, I didn't judge. But as I played on, I noticed that I was only playing the same two demo levels over and over again. But I was still having a lot fun, and the fact that I had so much fun with just two levels amazed me, and I really wanted the full version.

Then about a year passed and I found MM8BDM (don't shoot me). I found that it ran on the same engine as Doom (which I totally forgot about until then). So, that was fun, and I eventually ended up with Doom 2 on the PC, as it should be played. (I played it on Xbox before)
Now, I play all Doom engine games, and old games like Doom, Wolf3d, Blood etc are my favorites, because of the replay value, art style, run-around-everyone-in-circles-and-shoot-them-all gameplay, etc.
EDIT: Crap, I replied to a thread that hasn't been touched in 17 days. Sorry. :sad:
Last edited by TheMightyHeracross on Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE MIGHTY HERACROSS

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:40 pm

TheMightyHeracross wrote: 13 year old Doomer here.
I once was just another kid playing COD and Halo, getting so excited when Black Ops came out, blah, blah, blah.
(But I really sucked)
Once when I was 9, I was looking through my Xbox friend's games and I saw one of my friends had this game that seemed weird from the name. The game was Doom2, of course. I got the Xbox demo (which only had MAP01 and the first level of No Rest for the Living), and tried it out. I noticed the pixel-graphics right away, and thought it was weird for a shooter game, but being a fan of the old Mario games, I didn't judge. But as I played on, I noticed that I was only playing the same two demo levels over and over again. But I was still having a lot fun, and the fact that I had so much fun with just two levels amazed me, and I really wanted the full version.

Then about a year passed and I found MM8BDM (don't shoot me). I found that it ran on the same engine as Doom (which I totally forgot about until then). So, that was fun, and I eventually ended up with Doom 2 on the PC, as it should be played. (I played it on Xbox before)
Now, I play all Doom engine games, and old games like Doom, Wolf3d, Blood etc are my favorites, because of the replay value, art style, run-around-everyone-in-circles-and-shoot-them-all gameplay, etc.
EDIT: Crap, I replied to a thread that hasn't been touched in 17 days. Sorry. :sad:
Nah fair play dude, nice people of any age realizing what the best game is.

Impact
Forum Regular

Post by Impact » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:44 pm

18, 19 in October

yay fun times time to work minimum wage in liverpoo'
[spoiler]<N>Devon - <N>Impact - Dr Fetus[/spoiler]

sheridanm962
New User

Post by sheridanm962 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:52 am

I turned 18 in April and shit is getting better by the day, got 2-3 servers running through the best ever service.
Monsterovich wrote: I hate you, developers! I'm tired to update and recompile shitdronum again. No importnant changes. Fuuuuu!!!!!111one :eek:
Everyone wrote: *BAN MEGAMAN 2013*

Arcade Goon
New User

Post by Arcade Goon » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:57 am

Most people here are younger than I thought they would be.
I'm 32.

DarkKnight Rises
Registered just to make one post

Post by DarkKnight Rises » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:47 am

I'm 17
Last edited by DarkKnight Rises on Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.