ZDoom Forums Topic (Go there for the latest updates regarding the main version, character bios, and more!
Doomworld Forums Topic
Welcome to The Space Pirate Neo!
The Space Pirate is a new gameplay modification that takes Doom to new heights! Featuring ridiculously cool melee combat, a shotgun with alternate shell types, crossbows, and much more! The Space Pirate is the next installment in the Darkest Depths Universe (formerly the "Weaselverse"), which includes The Stranger, Agent Diaz: Last Hours of Purity, Agent Hernandez: Dawn of Tomorrow, and Threshold of Pain. The Space Pirate Neo is the Zandronum version which features new weapons, characters, and features exclusively made for you guys! Sweet!
Come join us on IRC!
"At approximately 0900 hours, we intercepted a distress call from the UAC base on Phobos. From the video footage that has leaked to public airwaves, it looks like a teleporter experiment went awry, opening a portal to some hellish dimension. The entire base has been overrun with creatures from the other side of the portal, and both the Union Aerospace Military Division and reportedly the Research Crime Prevention Agency are doing their best to dispatch and rescue what remains of the personnel.
We couldn't have asked for a more perfect opportunity.
If you recall, the Martian Surface Excavation Unit discovered tablets and other artifacts left over by an ancient race called the "Praeleanthor". These would go for unprecedented amounts of money if we could somehow procure them, and amiss the chaos at Phobos, we would have the prime opportunity to retrieve them. Your objectives are simple.
- Retrieve the Martian artifacts.
- Assassinate any and all RCPA personnel. We need to keep our tracks clean.
Good luck Mel."
Open Alpha Download (Zandronum)
Version 0.1.2a (Zandronum) (Updated 05/24/14)
Open Alpha Download (G/ZDoom)
Version 0.1.2e (G/ZDoom) (Updated 05/06/14)
Click here for the gallery!
New Features/Known Issues
- Two new weapons! The silent Dahlia Crossbow, and the Toolbox!
- Zeke has been given a major upgrade and now supports three new shell types! Check out the tutorial on the Blue Vertigo youtube page for more info!
- Mag Push has been added to your arsenal! Press the special key and either primary fire or alternate fire to use!
- Melee attacks for all your weapons! Bind the melee/special key to use!
- A bunch of junk I forgot and can't bother to list!
- Holding reload on the pistol while empty glitches out the graphic.
Please report any issues you encounter here! Fixes and suggestions graciously accepted![/spoiler]
At the current time, I'm balancing it with co-op in mind, however I see some major deathmatch potential. My question to you guys is: what would you like the future Zandronum version to be centered around? Let me know what you think and thanks for your interest!
Comments? Concerns? Suggestions? Hatred! Let them be known!